Still friends :star:

One day we must have them back here

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Reports indicate Alessandro Nesta set to join Chennaiyin FC

Italy and AC Milan's legendary centre-back Alessandro Nesta will join Chennaiyin FC for the remainder of Indian Super League's inaugural edition.

The defender was signed by the Chennai franchise as in-form striker John Stiven Mendoza was deemed unfit to play in the remaining ISL matches due to a hamstring injury.

Nesta is scheduled to play in the Global Legends Series in Bangkok on December 5, after which he will arrive in India to join his new team.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/chennaiyin-fc-sign-legendary-italian-defender-alessandro-nesta_1504986.html

So basically he'll be here for couple of weeks of vacation :D

But why Chennai? :head:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Anyone planning to go for a Nesta game?

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Anyone planning to go for a Nesta game?

Yup....I live in Chennai. I usually get free tickets from Chennaiyins official DJ. He's promised me a selfie with Nesta when Delhi visit on the 9th. :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
shevchenko kakà
I wish he were in the our defence... now we are zapata,bonera ecc :fp:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
His dad passed away few days ago..now we are connected with sandro somehow :cry:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan Norway @ACMilanNorway

Nesta: ''Before we had €100m to invest on the mercato and today we have difficulties to invest €5m. The investors are in other countries.''

Nesta: "If we miss a hard core in the team? Yes, but these type of players cost money. At my time, Ambrosini stayed 1 more year and he was there to transmit the Milan's spirit to the new player because it's something you don't learn but something you receive."

Nesta: "I left because I wasn't able to defend on players like Messi anymore. They sold Zlatan & Thiago Silva because of economic issues."

Nesta: "It's an italian problem, not just Milan. Today the core is Abate, Bonera, Montolivo who are good and brave players."

Nesta: "Now Maldini has to enter in italian football in one way or another. We need to use men like Costacurta, Gattuso, Shevchenko. They were not good for just 1 game or 2, but they were always good."

Nesta: "I travel around the world & the name of Milan is still important. Milan need to play in Champions League but again you need money."

Nesta: "Milan should invest on a good scout system like Udinese to find new talent or another Kaka."

Nesta: "Milan's defense isn't bad. El Shaarawy is the best talent but he need to control his emotions".

Nesta: "Torres needs to unlock himself to find his form again. The limit of this team is in the midfield."

Nesta: "For me, Seedorf did the maximum he could at Milan [did better than Inzaghi]. He is a close friend of mine."

Nesta:"Inzaghi brung enthusiasm and idea, but sometimes I saw his team playing bad. He has a big objective but the quality isn't the same."

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Great mans birthday today

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
10897989_10153088770665071_131336887985512992_n.jpg

11074480_738377402947579_5702870419372320955_n.jpg

Happy birthday Legend!

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So I googled "best defender in history" to read some lists, I like lists.

Nesta is so criminally underrated by non Milan fans. I was shocked.

Nesta is the best CB in history of football.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
prime rooney destroyed prime nesta lol. That's the perspective of some english pundits lmao. The only reason neta struggled that year was due to injury woes and cause we had leotardo as coach. That team was a mayhem, we fucking used ambrosini alongside nesta in some games. I doubt rooney could have done anything against allegri's milan with a post prime nest and a prime silva and i love rooney btw.
Anyone that says nesta isn't a top 5 greatest Cb of all time then he/she is ******ed and should quit watching football.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
prime rooney destroyed prime nesta lol. That's the perspective of some english pundits lmao. The only reason neta struggled that year was due to injury woes and cause we had leotardo as coach. That team was a mayhem, we fucking used ambrosini alongside nesta in some games. I doubt rooney could have done anything against allegri's milan with a post prime nest and a prime silva and i love rooney btw.
Anyone that says nesta isn't a top 5 greatest Cb of all time then he/she is ******ed and should quit watching football.

No one said anything about destroying him .... Just saying it wasn't the best pic to use considering shrek banged in 6 goals past us. Lets not forget... he also scored past us in the Carlo era.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Yea he scored once in carlo's era.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Not Exactly the best pic considering Rooney banged 6 goals past our defence,,, 0 penalties :(

This was 2007 ucl semifinal 3-0 victory iirc.

Schedule