Official: Davide Calabria Thread

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
calabria is better than fucking mds
calabria is our real jewel + donnarumma

When Calabria will learn how to defend, he will be great. We have a similar player for the left flank, Felicioli.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Guys how did he play? I couldn't watch the match :(

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
worst player in our team, our left flank got raped

Most annoying this is that he spent probably 6 minutes on the ground acting injured. He was driving me nuts.

Milan really needs to buy a whole new defense unless DES pulls his head out of his ass and Romagnoli improves dramatically this season.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The two game wonder is exposed once again.

What a jewel he's turning out to be :proud:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Not so impressed with his performances thus far.

But people simply refuse to understand young players. You either break through like Donnarumma or you're forever shit.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not so impressed with his performances thus far.

But people simply refuse to understand young players. You either break through like Donnarumma or you're forever shit.

don't agree.

You can never tell with youngsters..sometimes you may break through early...for a few others it may be at 22-23

Look at Aubameyang.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
I don't think he's useful on the left. He is good going forward and playing on the left makes his crossing useless.
Rather have DeS on the left and Abate on the bench.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
don't agree.

You can never tell with youngsters..sometimes you may break through early...for a few others it may be at 22-23

Look at Aubameyang.

That was my point :D sarcasm and internet doesn't always go well together.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he's useful on the left. He is good going forward and playing on the left makes his crossing useless.
Rather have DeS on the left and Abate on the bench.

Decent at best IMO. MUriel was raping him badly but for some reason he switched to the right side. :thumbsup:
It shows that Calabria does not belong on the left flank nor in the right flank IMO. He would be a great wingback though.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He surprised me tonight. Apart from the first few mins he was good defensively..

Definitely has to start against fiorentina.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Excellent game. Got better as the match progressed. Unlucky not to get an assist to his name.

This performance should keep Abate on the bench at least for the next couple of games.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
he contain immobile well this match
i really like him over abate
tbh our team play really good this match

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Was winning the ball back well throughout the game and giving it away right after early in the game. Improved a lot after the break and very quite good overall.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Made like one good thing in the entire first half.
Improved a bit in the second half. A 6/10 performance. (I think GDS will give him an extra 0.5 or maybe even 1.0 for being an inexperienced kid + clean sheet)

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Not sure if he is talented enough to be a long-term part of a Milan that hopefully will go back to bigger things, but for this season there is no reason to not play him regularly, no doubt he can compete with Abate. And after a full season as a professional it will be more clear where his ceiling is and whether he can be someone for the long-term or not.

We definitely should play him on the right though, no need to add extra pressure on to him by playing him in an unfamiliar position.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That was my point :D sarcasm and internet doesn't always go well together.

Ah sorry...didn't read the full thread with context.. :lol:

Glad he did great. Forza Calabria

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He surprised me tonight. Apart from the first few mins he was good defensively..

Definitely has to start against fiorentina.

More like the first 30-35 minutes. After that he was solid.

Leptiran

Rumours-Morning shift
Reaction score
Not sure if he is talented enough to be a long-term part of a Milan that hopefully will go back to bigger things, but for this season there is no reason to not play him regularly, no doubt he can compete with Abate. And after a full season as a professional it will be more clear where his ceiling is and whether he can be someone for the long-term or not.

We definitely should play him on the right though, no need to add extra pressure on to him by playing him in an unfamiliar position.

I like his attitude, he is really giving 100% on the pitch. I hope he will be gift from Montela, same as Dona is gift from Miha

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Calabria's agent: "Calabria is a totally reliable player. He has character and personality as well as the technical qualities. Davide last night played a good game and gave his contribution. There are positive aspects in Milan this season. The team expresses a proactive game and it takes courage to do that. After the defeat against Udinese, Milan played a good game against Sampdoria and then last night won deservedly. In the field there were many young players: Donnarumma, Calabria, De Sciglio, Romagnoli, Niang, Suso, Locatelli. Galliani and Maiorino have always been the first admirers of Calabria. And there was never any signal by Milan about a possible sale. There were several clubs interested but Milan did not want to sell him. He was never on the market. A year and two months ago he joined the first team. And after one year the position in the club has changed. He still needs to grow a lot more."

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I like his attitude, he is really giving 100% on the pitch. I hope he will be gift from Montela, same as Dona is gift from Miha

miha still has a credit for him, because calabria was not going to be promoted to the first team by the club, modic instead. but miha used calabria as well as other primavera players in the friendlies, liked him, and decided to promote him.