Gerard Deulofeu Thread

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He would be a massive signing for us if we could pull it off in the summer. Congrats on the national team call up.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Shame for Suso's injury. It was expected that he would get a call-up to if there wasn't the injury :(

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he is good but he aint anything special, his shooting, and decision making is poor, even his dribbling needs alot of improvement, he got speed but he is still no where near any WC wingers like robben, Ribery, etc.., he is addition to this weak milan side because he took place of useless Niang, but hell he won't be able to make it in any big competitive team.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
he is good but he aint anything special, his shooting, and decision making is poor, even his dribbling needs alot of improvement, he got speed but he is still no where near any wc wingers like robben, ribery, etc.., he is addition to this weak milan side because he took place of useless niang, but hell he won't be able to make it in any big competitive team.

+1

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From my post in the match thread:

- Deulofeu : do I have to say something? He's qualitywise by far the player who takes Milan on his shoulders and carries it. Almost everything we create passes throuh his feeds. Almost everything that passes his feed becomes a threat. And then his defensice workrate is top-notch. And on top of all that he somehow manages to still have energy to run like a bullet in the 90th minute. What a player we have here guys, what a player

Obviously I believe very much in his qualities. Robben at his age was being handled from Chelsea to Real Madrid where people considered him a talented failure (something like Depay). Of course Deulo today is nowhere nesr Ribery or Robben, but those are two of the best wingers this sport has ever seen (when not injured though...), it's tough to compare him to the very best. Deulo is on the verge of becoming world class or "only" a very good player. It also depends what team he'll have around him in the next years, if his teammates will be able to express his talents (like Robben did when he finally arrived to Bayern) or not.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Gerard Deulofeu Thread

Will he ever improve his shooting and finishing though?
He got everything else

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
he is good but he aint anything special, his shooting, and decision making is poor, even his dribbling needs alot of improvement, he got speed but he is still no where near any WC wingers like robben, Ribery, etc.., he is addition to this weak milan side because he took place of useless Niang, but hell he won't be able to make it in any big competitive team.

robbery werent world beaters at 22 but other than that i agree.. only massaro blindly thinks hes perfect cz he came from the PL

id sign him for 18

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where do people get 18m from? We do not have an option to buy

Barca have a 12m option, they might activate it and keep him in the squad or sell on for profit
Even if they don't activate the clause, i cant see Everton letting him go for a reasonable fee. If the take over won't take place before the summer, i honestly can't see us keeping Geri (I'm also worried for Gigio & DES who both have expiring deals)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Barca have a 12m option, they might activate it and keep him in the squad or sell on for profit
Even if they don't activate the clause, i cant see Everton letting him go for a reasonable fee. If the take over won't take place before the summer, i honestly can't see us keeping Geri (I'm also worried for Gigio & DES who both have expiring deals)

Because Niangs clause. 6M for the loan and 12M when he reaches a certain amount of games or so if I'm not recalling it wrong.

I think Deulo will go for something around 22-25M. And that's with the thats-how-mercato-works-today supplement. I'd take him for that money, he's too talented and young to pass out. I doubt there is much better quality around the same age for that money realistically avaiable in today's mercato.

To move that discussion into another direction: Keita or Deulo, who do you consider the better deal? The one is rumoured to leave for 30M, which is a little bit too much considered his inconsistency and hot-minded temper, but Lazio has high demands as they know many teams have already set their eyes on him and someone will pay the asking-price. Deulo on the other hand has been on a low profile since his Everton days, and since he's not so a goal-machine I think the circle of real interested parties will stay little. Without upcoming biding war this could lead to a pricetag of 22-25M, not more. Maybe more around 22M, which is a big diference to what I expect will be Keitas price, however at this very moment I prefer Deulo (on the pitch).

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Because Niangs clause. 6M for the loan and 12M when he reaches a certain amount of games or so if I'm not recalling it wrong.

I think Deulo will go for something around 22-25M. And that's with the thats-how-mercato-works-today supplement. I'd take him for that money, he's too talented and young to pass out. I doubt there is much better quality around the same age for that money realistically avaiable in today's mercato.

To move that discussion into another direction: Keita or Deulo, who do you consider the better deal? The one is rumoured to leave for 30M, which is a little bit too much considered his inconsistency and hot-minded temper, but Lazio has high demands as they know many teams have already set their eyes on him and someone will pay the asking-price. Deulo on the other hand has been on a low profile since his Everton days, and since he's not so a goal-machine I think the circle of real interested parties will stay little. Without upcoming biding war this could lead to a pricetag of 22-25M, not more. Maybe more around 22M, which is a big diference to what I expect will be Keitas price, however at this very moment I prefer Deulo (on the pitch).

Whatever you accuse Gerard of having Keita also has. Keita has Serie a experience. I'm not picking a side here, I'm just saying

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

i'm sure he can still refuse to go back to barca. his cost would depend on how many years left in his contract. but milan can workout with barca and buy him from there too(similar to boatang deal). so i think we can buy him in a fair deal though that depends if he wants to be here.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whatever you accuse Gerard of having Keita also has. Keita has Serie a experience. I'm not picking a side here, I'm just saying

IMO Deulo has more speed and better dribbling, and his defensive workrate is immensive (Keita's is not so), while Keita is a physical beast and still quite fast, can use his body to get past the players.

I also thought about the argument «Serie A experience» but Deulo is an example how class outplayes experience. Or at least he doesn't look like he had or still has to adapt to Serie A at all and he just came here a month ago. I find that quite impressive.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
IMO Deulo has more speed and better dribbling, and his defensive workrate is immensive (Keita's is not so), while Keita is a physical beast and still quite fast, can use his body to get past the players.

I also thought about the argument «Serie A experience» but Deulo is an example how class outplayes experience. Or at least he doesn't look like he had or still has to adapt to Serie A at all and he just came here a month ago. I find that quite impressive.

yeah we'll see that in a couple months time, it always ends the same.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Of course it will, if we were to sign him permanently, he's working hard to impress like many others here before

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I don't believe very much in this theory. Why impress now and then rot the bench? It's not like we're paying huge contracts. He can earn much more on other places.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Penalty won + goal. Glad for him, but this international exposure means we have less and less chances of signing him :(

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
season 16/17 : 1 goal in 21 games

05d0f2b3f5be19266f74132d39956de6.png

"next Sheva"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Hopefully we can sign him :thumbsup:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
robbery werent world beaters at 22 but other than that i agree.. only massaro blindly thinks hes perfect cz he came from the PL

id sign him for 18

this.

also agree with 18.

dude is as much of an upgrade over niang as one could ask for. and unless we planning on signing someone better than deloufeu, deloufeu must stay. if we can surround him with some quality midfielders with actual vision and some strikers who are on the same page as him, he'll strive and be successful.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Want permanently!
His pace is incredible.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I want to sign him. We can drop Jack into the mid for some creativity there, Jack, Suso and Deulo are all nice players to build around. If the rumors about the D are true, then we really aren't looking too bad.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Hes simply not good enough to be a regular at Barca....it would be extremely stupid of him to go there...

Zgontronoman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hes simply not good enough to be a regular at Barca....it would be extremely stupid of him to go there...

They will just get him for 12m and then sell him for 20-25m to some EPL team .

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
And some laughed at me when I said we should acquire him way back, smh. :head:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They will just get him for 12m and then sell him for 20-25m to some EPL team .

For 20-25M he's a must. Even for 30M I would think about and probably take him. Why?

A) We know what we get. And it's damned good. Especially when you have another quality winger like Suso too. Opponents don't know who to double-mark. And his speed, wow. You can't stop that. On top of that, he tracks back a lot. The only thing missing from calling him world class (truly world class) is a 1 goal per 1-2 games ratio.

B) I don't know any alternative winger of his age and quality app. avaiable for only 20-25M. Keita is at least 30M for example.

For me it's a no brainer to try to keep him at (almost) all costs.

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
For 20-25M he's a must. Even for 30M I would think about and probably take him. Why?

A) We know what we get. And it's damned good. Especially when you have another quality winger like Suso too. Opponents don't know who to double-mark. And his speed, wow. You can't stop that. On top of that, he tracks back a lot. The only thing missing from calling him world class (truly world class) is a 1 goal per 1-2 games ratio.

B) I don't know any alternative winger of his age and quality app. avaiable for only 20-25M. Keita is at least 30M for example.

:thumbsup:

Totally agree, his will also comes into the transfer too, if he wants to come back and we offer a competitive fee then he's ours

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Keita won't cost 30M. His contract is up next summer and he refuses to renew. I've seen quotes of as little as 18M for him.

Schedule