Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I thought he'd be a good edition tbh. Hope to see him get a run of games

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Welcome back! Much needed offensive 'thrust' from midfield.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
mati-fernandez-of-ac-milan-celebrates-after-scoring-the-opening-goal-picture-id654903512

0,5M :g: :g: :g:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I didn't see the game this morning, great goal. How did he play overall?

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Finally we get to see him, I always liked him before, hope he carries on starting.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I didn't see the game this morning, great goal. How did he play overall?

I felt he played well, he adds a dimension that we lack, particularly with Sosa out. Does nothing really off the ball but very good on the ball, so he needs guys who will cover a lot of space and cover their defensive duties. He does have better technique, passing and vision than almost any of our mids so I'd like to see him play more and remain healthy. Slows the game down a bit but picks out the right passes. I think that he's a smarter player than Sosa and less risky, not sure if I'd try them in the same mid, unless it was against a weaker team.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I felt he played well, he adds a dimension that we lack, particularly with Sosa out. Does nothing really off the ball but very good on the ball, so he needs guys who will cover a lot of space and cover their defensive duties. He does have better technique, passing and vision than almost any of our mids so I'd like to see him play more and remain healthy. Slows the game down a bit but picks out the right passes. I think that he's a smarter player than Sosa and less risky, not sure if I'd try them in the same mid, unless it was against a weaker team.

spot on. but i also feel hes lack of defensive contribution w/o the ball is sort of compensated because he moves very very intelligently - i noticed hes always moving in to help the guy who is about to lose the ball, very important aspect in which even our other technical players (bona,suso) have been lacking.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The game was slow in general.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We're better with playing Sosa. Pasalic too, tho I think he needs to improve

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

Definitely a very intelligent player. BeIN Sports announcer kept talking about how good he is at keeping the ball and maintaining possession, and was nutting all over that one switch he made on the counter where he found someone across the field.

Besides Sosa, I don't feel like anyone else in our midfield has this kind of vision and technique. Mati's obvious drawback is his fitness levels and defensive contribution, but I feel like he can be useful for Montella if we keep him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Very good game today.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No to Pasalic.

Yes to Mati

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
definitely the better performer of our starting 3 mids without a doubt.
but still I do not see any point to sign him in the summer with the budget and rumours about potential signings that we have lately

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
I wish Mati all the best! ❤️

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Saw this and was wondering if he played for us or mind.playing tricks 😀

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw this and was wondering if he played for us or mind.playing tricks 😀

Montella really wanted him here, but apart froma few cameos he didn't progress further here.
Good sport i suppose.