The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 29-03-2012, 00:10   #21
anilak
AC Milan Icon

We score and any draw and we go through. Barca will come with the best squad and everything they have. If we win this it will be one of our biggest wins in history.

Signature

anilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:13   #22
benjamin
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Not conceding again in this match would be a miracle.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:16   #23
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
Not conceding again in this match would be a miracle.
This game we'll have Abate, MvB and no Mesbah for Barca.

We'll hopefully have a fit Binho and Prince, and Barca have to play more open. we can score up to 2, so even conceding twice can result in us going through.

Our players just shouldn't let Camp Nou frighten them. It didn't in group stage at all, so remain positive.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:18   #24
Monsieur
2footedtackle

Fav. Players: Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto

Abate---Nesta----Mexes---Antonini
----------------MVB---------------
-Ambro/Aqui ----------Seedorf/Noce
-----------------------------------
------------Boateng ---------------
-------------------- Ibrahimovic----
--------------Maxi------------------

If Ambro is fit I would choose him over Aquilani. Same applies to Seedorf-Noce.
Binho and Urby could be great subs to speed things a bit if we need counter attacks.
Please don't talk about a christmas tree or different formations, this is not the time for experiments... we just need to focus
Monsieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:21   #25
milan07
Security

Fav. Players: Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
This is no game for pussies.
So next time no Robi & no Noce.

A fit midfield of Ambro-MVB-Seedorf-KPB can really upset Barca.
And plz , give a chance for Lopez.
This guy is a good finisher & he can harass their shaky defense & then Ibra & KPB will have more space.
Barca wont close their pitch & they arent pressuring like they used to so we can fuck them there.
Agreed about almost everything. I would played Urby instead of some MVB-Seedorf-Ambro. Only because of the age. To have some young, and fast really means much.
milan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:22   #26
anilak
AC Milan Icon

If both Nesta and Silva are out and if Bonera leads our defense line to win against Barca

Signature

Old 29-03-2012, 00:31   #27
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Is Maxi okay for the next game?

I'm afraid that Allegri opens the team too much in the beginning to score fast and then park the bus.

We created good chances in the first leg, there's no reason to open the team more than that.

I'd take Nocerino off and use Van Bommel on his place. The rest of the team must be the same.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:36   #28
milan07
Security

Fav. Players: Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
I'd take Nocerino off and use Van Bommel on his place. The rest of the team must be the same.
You really think that midfield of Van Bommel, Ambro and Seedorf isn't too slow for Barca?
milan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:36   #29
OVUNQUE CON TE
World Cup Winner

First half Allegri will stay compact letting Barca do all the running hope we survive then pounce when they're starting to tire.

We got this boys We're Ac Milan, Everyone in the world are looking to us to knock out Barcelona.
OVUNQUE CON TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:36   #30
Hitman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
Is Maxi okay for the next game?

I'm afraid that Allegri opens the team too much in the beginning to score fast and then park the bus.

We created good chances in the first leg, there's no reason to open the team more than that.

Seedorf MvB Ambro midfield?

I dont know if we can do it again. We risked it today and it paid off with a great Seedorf and Ambrosini, can they do it again?

I would much rather an Aquilani/Merkel player though.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 01:12   #31
Monsieur
2footedtackle

Fav. Players: Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Monsieur; 29-03-2012 at 01:16.
Monsieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 01:17   #32
benjamin
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Ambro as an LCM wouldnt work, as everyone knows. Double anchor would be nice, but we have to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2. That wouldnt work either.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 01:20   #33
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan07 View Post
You really think that midfield of Van Bommel, Ambro and Seedorf isn't too slow for Barca?
It's stronger and not much slower than playing with Nocerino.

We need Ibra's talent and inspiration to score goals, there's not much we can do. We need to defend badassely like today and Ibra need to score on the few chances he got.

If Nocerino or Aquilani were amazingly skilled or really fast and strong at defending, I would agree on playing them but they're average in both supporting the attack and defending. Nocerino was awful attacking today and Aquilani is weak and slow.

With Ambro and Bommel, at least we know that the defense will be stronger and with Seedorf, we know that we have someone skilled together with them and that also knows how to defend.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 01:36   #34
Luis
You'll never drink alone!

Fav. Players: Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez

I don't understand why you people keep talking about Maxi López; i've seen him thousands of times, and he is the biggest piece of shit i've seen EVER.

Just give him some time to demonstrate how awful his football is... But not now!! not against Barca!

Signature
Luis
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 01:46   #35
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

It will be harsh after this result but Bonera+Ambro to the bench for Abate(assuming he's fit) and MvB.
Man I wish we had Cassano available instead of Robinho,Robinho just can't score against Barca it seems.We have nothing to fear in this match if we play it like we did in the group stage then we should be OK, I mean that same result would get us through!
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 02:02   #36
RollingPapers
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel

Interesting fact. only 3 teams have ever drew vs Barca in Camp Nou this season: Sevilla, Real Madrid, Milan.

Barcelona stats in Camp Nou this season: 19 wins 3 drew and never lost. Scoring 90 goals conceding 13.
RollingPapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 02:03   #37
Zeusftw
#WeAreSoRich

Fav. Players: Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

In my opinion we need to enter the game looking for a quick goal ala Pato and park the bus. Our biggest risk from this game today was Barca would exploit the wings with Alvez and he would always end up being unmarked. IMO Allegri should play a 4-4-2 / 4-3-1-2 hybrid such as

Bonera - Nesta - Mexes - Mesbah
Abate - MVB - Seedorf - Antonini
Ibrahimovic - Boateng

then as they tire out, bring on SES92, nocerino and emmanuelson to start countering
Zeusftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 02:04   #38
anilak
AC Milan Icon

If Ibra/Robinho/Prince are all fit that's still our best trident that can cause issues for Barca.

Seedorf-Bommel-Ambro as the midfield might be a bit too old inspite of the heroics today.

If Nesta is fit another option we have is play Bonera as RB and Abate as RMF. Abate is far better than Nocerino, Aquilani in defensive dept, used to play RMF before he was a RB and defensively is in par with current Ambro. And he has speed and is has that will to fight.

Ibra Robinho
.....Prince
Dorf........Abate
.......Bommel
Nini...Nesta...Mexes..Bonera
.................Abbiati

??

Mesbah is one player I don't want to see in this game ..

Signature

Old 29-03-2012, 02:08   #39
anilak
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
I don't understand why you people keep talking about Maxi López; i've seen him thousands of times, and he is the biggest piece of shit i've seen EVER.

Just give him some time to demonstrate how awful his football is... But not now!! not against Barca!

From his very limited time, he had game changing performances against Udinese and Juventus .. Both wonderful goals too .. added couple of assists in between too .. Still don't understand y people talk of him ??

Signature

Old 29-03-2012, 02:09   #40
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

You never go for a goal in these kinda games. You wait till the right moment arrives and you capitalize. We'll for sure get one great chance at least, but we need Ibra or Binho to finish it this time.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote