CAMPIONI D'EUROPA! PIPPO COME MARADONA! 7TH CL! AC MILAN 2:1 LIVERPOOL!

What do you expect from the upcoming final as a game?

• A grindfest with no goals or one at max(something like Juve-Milan 2003)

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Considerably open game with up to 3 goals(something like Barca-Arsenal 2006)

Votes: 72 53.3%
  • A goalfest with more than 3 goals(something like Milan-Liverpool 2005)

Votes: 32 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
i think carragher partner with terry would be good..
ferdinand is useless..
i dont like him..
carragher more aggresive than ferdinand..
he do his best to make sure his team win and clean sheet..
i happy to see him at milan..

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
letta mathewos said:
i am really surprised by Rino comment i mean i never read or heard about what Gerrard said about him. if anybody by anychance has gerrard's comment on gattuso i would appriciate it greatly. ;)

Here's part of it, from The Telegraph. I want Gerrard to EAT HIS WORDS :mad: :

Gerrard, who will meet Gattuso again in the May 23 European Cup final, used his autobiography to detail his anger with the Italian international.

"He had a smirk on his face leaving the pitch at half-time,'' Gerrard wrote. "I saw it. F*** you. A couple of other Milan players waved at their fans and family. That disgusted me. OK, Milan were battering us, but you never behave like that to opponents. I was steaming as I arrived in the dressing room.''

Gerrard's words to his team-mates then would have turned a bleep-gun into a Bren gun.

Asked yesterday about Gerrard's accusations of Milanese triumphalism, Gattuso shrugged his shoulders and pleaded innocence. "No, we didn't do that at all,'' he insisted in decent English acquired from his days with Rangers. "It was wrong to say that. I am very happy Gerrard wants to say that about me to get me going. I now have 20 days to prepare to play against him again.

"For me, it's not about Gattuso against Gerrard, despite what he said. For me, Gerrard is the best player in England. He is a technical player, who plays very hard and with his heart. He is a legend for his club and the best player they've got.

"I have more respect for him because I remember that final in Istanbul. We had won it but then he played a great game and changed everything.

"I watched him against Chelsea on Tuesday and he was amazing, unbelievable. I still say I have respect for him and like the way he plays. I am looking forward to playing him again and looking him in the eye before it starts. This will be a very important game for us both.''

Like a struggling Milan tailor, Gattuso may have his work cut out. Gerrard again: "I wasn't worried about Gattuso before the game, during the game, or after,'' the Liverpool captain wrote. "People rate the Italian for some reason. For me, he is all mouth. He looks aggressive, but he is as scary as a kitten. I swear I wouldn't mind playing against Gattuso every week. He doesn't hurt you. I have never seen Gattuso play a killer ball. He won't nick a goal either. Gattuso just plays for the fans - theatrical and emotional.''

Telegraph.co.uk

ETA: Oh, it looks like parts were also quoted on THIS POST

Last edited:

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
fuck u too gerrard...
u better watch out ur mouth or gattuso break ur leg..

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Gattuso mentioned how he is glad Gerrard said those things to get him going, well surely, calling Liverpool a long ball team is only going to get us "going"?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
I WANT GATTUSO TO BREAK GERRARDS LEGS
i would if i was him :tongue: :tongue: i swear, wata creep he is! hell see how much of a kitten gattuso is in athens ;)

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
kats said:
Here's part of it, from The Telegraph. I want Gerrard to EAT HIS WORDS :mad: :

ETA: Oh, it looks like parts were also quoted on THIS POST

haha :D Well Gatusso will prove him wrong ;)

Forza Gatusso :star:

Reaction score
edika_kaka said:
i think carragher partner with terry would be good..
ferdinand is useless..
i dont like him..
carragher more aggresive than ferdinand..
he do his best to make sure his team win and clean sheet..
i happy to see him at milan..

Terry is definitely more agressive than Rio but Terry isn't very technical and he doesn't have the pace that Rio has. In essence Terry is the typical English centre back with his hard tackling while Rio is the more elegant sweeper-type defender (think Baresi, Beckenbauer etc). In that sense I think Rio would be a better fit in Italy than either Carragher or Terry.

If I want any English defender to come and play for Milan Rio would be my first choice.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Nemes1s said:
Terry is definitely more agressive than Rio but Terry isn't very technical and he doesn't have the pace that Rio has. In essence Terry is the typical English centre back with his hard tackling while Rio is the more elegant sweeper-type defender (think Baresi, Beckenbauer etc). In that sense I think Rio would be a better fit in Italy than either Carragher or Terry.

If I want any English defender to come and play for Milan Rio would be my first choice.

No, they don't know to keep the ball like Italians to in defence, like Nesta.
I don't think any english defender would fit in italian football.

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
DugiNesta said:
I think Carragher would succeed anywhere, good job he'll be at Liverpool for life.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Besi said:
By the way , Wild .. last year Kaka gave me 2 birthday goals.. I am sure he will do it also for you ;)
I want the CL & I wont care who will socre.
But him scoring is just an extra coz its about time he win a CL.
This way he wont leave 4 sure next season :D

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Angry Gattuso turns up heat on Liverpool, Gerrard
tribalfooball.com - May 03, 2007

AC Milan midfielder Rino Gattuso has turned up the heat on his rivalry with Liverpool hero Steven Gerrard.
Ahead of their Champions League final meeting, Gattuso snapped: "I feel there is a difference between United and Liverpool and we beat the best side of the two. United, at this moment, have far more technical players.

"All Liverpool try to do is defend together, with everybody behind the ball and just one striker.

"All they do is play long balls - every ball is a long ball. It is very different to Manchester, who are a real footballing team."

Gerrard was at the heart of Liverpool's astonishing comeback in 2005, scoring the first Liverpool goal and winning the penalty - thanks to a foul by Gattuso - that levelled the scores after Milan had gone in at half-time 3-0 up.

In his book Gerrard: My Autobiography, the Liverpool captain said: "I wasn't worried about Gattuso before the game, during the game, or after.

"People rate the Italian for some reason. For me, he is all mouth. He looks aggressive, but he is as scary as a kitten.

"I swear I wouldn't mind playing against Gattuso every week. He doesn't hurt you. I have never seen Gattuso play a killer ball.

"He won't nick a goal either. The type of midfielder I worry about is Riquelme, Kaka or Ronaldinho. They go, pass, bang, goal.

"Gattuso just plays for the fans - theatrical and emotional. He was also the one Milan player who had a smirk on his face leaving the pitch at half-time. I saw it. F*** you.

"A couple of other Milan players waved at their fans and family. That disgusted me. So did Pirlo's nutmeg just before half-time. Disrespectful.

"OK, Milan were battering us, but you never behave like that to opponents. I was steaming as I arrived in the dressing room. 'These ****s think it is all over. It's not'."

Gattuso said that Gerrard's remarks gave him all the motivation he needed for the showdown in Athens.

The Italy midfielder said: "I have 20 days to prepare to play against him again. I am looking forward to playing him again and looking him in the eye before it starts."

Gattuso denied Gerrard's claim that the Milan players were already celebrating at half-time in Istanbul, saying: "No, we didn't do that at all.

"It was wrong to say that. For me this is not about Gattuso against Gerrard, despite what he said."

one thing,guys-THOSE FUCKING LIVERPOOLSKI GOIN TO LOOSE BIG TIME-YOU SEE HOW NERVOUS THEY ARE?????
THEY ARE GOIN TO GET IT ALL THE WAY FROM THE ASS TO THE MOUTH!!!

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kuzimoto said:
one thing,guys-THOSE FUCKING LIVERPOOLSKI GOIN TO LOOSE BIG TIME-YOU SEE HOW NERVOUS THEY ARE?????
THEY ARE GOIN TO GET IT ALL THE WAY FROM THE ASS TO THE MOUTH!!!
I don't see any nerves from Liverpool :conf:

You do know what Gerrard said was taken from his book, which was released lasy year right?

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan have chosen to wear their all white strip.
:head:

Kuzi, have a bran muffin, will you? Considering to who and how we lost the last CL final, we really can't afford such braggadocio at this point.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gonna be an agressive match-up between Rino + Gerrard then. I'm expecting a booking from at least one of them.

Random fact about Gerrard. He's got OCD. washes his hands like 8 times a day or smth.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
that Gerard is surely showin' all his "class"... LOLZ... pretty much expected from that low-life cretin... and he dare to say Milan disgusted him? LOLZ...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gila#11. said:
Random fact about Gerrard. He's got OCD.
So does Beckham. That's one reason he's all tattooed up. Believe it or not, it's because he likes the pain that goes with it.

Oh well, Gerrard can afford to say all that blather in retrospect. Had we won that night, it wouldn't have made it off the drawing board. Then again, the source is Tribalfeces.

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Does anyone have any comments about my post on page 4? Not looking for much, just a response...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Kyara said:
Goosebumps!
If that gave you goosebumps, then this will make you cry like I did. :proud:

Agent Orange

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Nesta, Weah, Boban, Maldini, Albertini
MilanoMike said:
This game will not be the walk in the park that the ManU match was. For one thing, both Liverpool and Milan are the best at slowing the game down to their preferred speed. Chelsea could barely get a shot off against Liverpool, and we all saw how Ambro + Rino just stopped ManU's midfielders in their tracks. I really respect Rafa because he is such a great coach in Europe; give him 2 legs, and he will have his A & B plans ready by halftime of the 1st leg. Carletto on the other hand, has a dubious past of sitting on big leads. It was most evident in the 1st leg against ManU and a little less so against Bayern. But if he keeps pushing forward like yesterday, then there will be no comeback. I will comment on the players later, but for now, this game will be very slow and certainly not like Istanbul. 2-1 to Milan.

I don't think it would be a tight game, and the differences of classes will become noticable as it was in the first half of the 2005 final. I bet on 2-0 in our favour at the first half, and 3-1 as the final score.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Wow, Nice vid Mike.

There's way too much optimism over here + in the media for my liking. We're already favorites + many have said we've played the 'best football' this season in the UCL. I'm not comfortable with all this ... A. should know better that Liverpool wont give the space that United gifted us. It'll be really hard to score against them. I think, if we were to win, our defense should put the Istanbul nightmares behind them ... IMO they hold the key to victory.

Thought this was appropriate.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wild said:
I just cant take of my mind that Milan will play the final vs Liverpool on my b-day :D

My best b-day present ever was an x GF cutting her hair short but am sure that Milan winning the CL would mean a lot 4 me.
Its gonna b a present from the team I love + a revenge I always wanted & guess what it happened so soon.

Brazil won the WC even when was surrounded by 7 other European nation & now we can do it when we r surrounded with 3 English teams.
So , lets kick some English ass.Forza Milannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Milan play Brazillianly, I always see Milan as a Brazillian team :D , honestly. Not because we have Kaka, or Ronaldo, or Oliveira, or Cafu, or Serginho or whoever. Even when Europeans player dominated in the team, Milan still played Brazillianly :D .

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
DugiNesta said:
i agree here

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Kyara said:
I liked it except one part :tongue:
Ah, I know. :cry: Don't worry, things will be different in Athens...;)

BTW, even if Seedorf goes to 4 other teams, his heart will always be in Milan. Just look at his emotion...:proud:

MilanEqualsLove

-.Mrs Nesta.-
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Zlatan, Prince
Liverpool, the players, the fans, the management can blow Moratti and Interistas for all I care. They are officially #2 on my hatelist.
We'll get our revenge, we've struggled too much this season to not get the revenge and the CL victory that the players and the fans of Milan truly deserve and the awesome part is that in my College the Man UTD fans who were sad, angry and ashamed but yet came to me and said, FUCK LIVERPOOL IN ATHENS, You guys have to win it!

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
MilanEqualsLove said:
Liverpool, the players, the fans, the management can blow Moratti and Interistas for all I care. They are officially #2 on my hatelist.
We'll get our revenge, we've struggled too much this season to not get the revenge and the CL victory that the players and the fans of Milan truly deserves.
So that makes Juve #3?

MilanEqualsLove

-.Mrs Nesta.-
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Zlatan, Prince
MilanoMike said:
So that makes Juve #3?

#1 Inter Merda
#2 Liverpool
#3 Calderon
#4 Juventus thiefentus
#5 Abra..whatever Chelski
#6 Ibrahomobitch
#7 Rooney aka Shreks lovechild to quote BMW's golden post
#8 Inter Merda
#9 Moratti
#10 Inter Merda + Milan girls who hook up with Inter guys or the other way round.
lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
nana

Mr C said:
I don't see any nerves from Liverpool :conf:

You do know what Gerrard said was taken from his book, which was released lasy year right?
WHO THE HELL IS THAT GERRARD ?I mean I know who he is but I don`t know why do we talk about him . I think there`s more interesting players in the world to talk about him .Liverpool is not most important club in the world. I care about Milan and great players like Gattuso that`s why I am here.I don`t care what Liverpool think about Milan or Gattuso.I saw him at the game he played fantastic WE LOVE HIM! Who cares what some Gerrard thinks about him?

Schedule