Milan's Transferseason round-up

What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?

• Total voters

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I don't believe a word Galliani says.

Chuckles

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso
arghhhh!! its just so frustrating...

i just dont understand.. how hard is it really?? like really.. to sign good young players that we despately need.... or just to sign good players in general..

and how hard is it to sell rejects like brocci and favalli??

ahhhh its a digrace.

:mad:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
the problem is galliani didn't actually put any effort on the transfer.. it was all just media fuzz

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
Magico_Milan said:
Milans biggest problem is that they dont sign or sell players. They dont sell usless players like brochi. They also havent made a big signing in years. They are cheap. They are too cheap to pay 12 million or whatever for "the new kaka" because hes "too expensive for a kid." Is this the same club that is supposed to have more money than Barca and Chelsea? They offer 89 million for Ronaldinho...why cant they spend 30 million for a player like Daniel Alves? oh wait that would mean selling Cafu...nevermind

I so like agress with you mate .. personally i think that Alaves would be a great addition to our squad not only is he better and faster than oddo he is also younger much younger ... but once again milan seem to go for experiance maybe when he turns 30 we might buy him .. its either that or they dont wantto give away that non eu spot .. unless its a striker.

oh when it comes to selling cafu .. i mean i love the guy he has given Milan so much ... but he can't expect to play first team football which am sure he dosen't either but Milan stick by their former player they've always done out of respect i guess .... its like a big thank you here is another year of wages for fuck all ...

Oh i am happy with one thing .. they didn't loan out Gourcuff ... nor did that buy someone in mid-field as the media said they would ..that can only mean one thing they are willing to give the guy a chance cause i do think he would be a great player ... if only he is igven enough play time .. !!

Last edited:

Chuckles

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso
Cassius said:
oh when it comes to selling cafu .. i mean i love the guy he has given Milan so much ... but he can't expect to play first team football which am sure he dosen't either but Milan stick by their former player they've always done out of respect i guess .... its like a big thank you here is another year of wages for fuck all ...

Oh i am happy with one thing .. they didn't loan out Gourcuff ... nor did that buy someone in mid-field as the media said they would ..that can only mean one thing they are willing to give the guy a chance cause i do think he would be a great player ... if only he is igven enough play time .. !!

just so damn true! :)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
IL NULLA E L'ATTESA (something like « The nothing and the wait »)
By Luca Basile (journalist of Il Tirreno)

Banal. The fan that asks, protests, criticize, interprets, suggests and is “poisoned”, is banal, predictable. Because he/she is not pleased, because he does not understand, because he always wants more. Because he is a ingrate. This is the thought of the Milan management and it is the background philosophy of the media channel of the club. Difficult to share it. After the great victory in Athens, Ancelotti claimed, " We want to return to play with two strikers. We will buy a very strong forward and therefore we also need a man in the midfield. And in these places we will move ". Then the support in the midfield disappeared, swallowed by the management’s and coach staff’s trust in what they have, I presume, while the forwards don’t seem to have much desire to come to come to Milan. You say no? Suazo has chosen Inter, it is a fact. Henry has chosen Barcelona, is a fact. Eto'o does not want to leave the blaugrana and so does Ronaldinho, and also these are facts. Ah, also Tiago, that it is a good midfielder, has preferred Juventus over Milan. But didn’t they all wanted to play in Milanello? Less presumption, misters of Milan, less arrogance and more actions: every so often, listen to the fans more – also because 31000 have already underwritten l’ abbonamento in `bianco' - more than an action of trying to satisfy the demands of the fans it should be a duty.

Sheva. He wants to return? Seems like yes. Will he make it? He is one that knows how to move: he telephones, he puts all his effort, going between one friendship to another one, with the powerful man of the moment. He left Milan while they were between Serie A or B; "life choice", he said, now he hopes to take back his place in the squad of the European Champions. I think like most tifosi: he should not return. It is not a matter of treason and being a mercenary: at the end the only thing that counts is the rossonero symbol, the rest, the players, have their own interests and it is useless to imagine that they will be, forever, defending that symbol. More simply, he has made his time at Milan, he has left behind him an unpleasant image, he does not convince more in his attitudes of `Bambi di Kiev'. From the technical point of view, is it worth spending a huge amount of money for a 31 year-old, coming from a disappointing season, in place of, - say - Giuseppe Rossi, italian talent, great finisher, and in the pre-explosive phase of his career? Perhaps Sheva will return, perhaps not. Maybe he will still score many goals or perhaps it will have a melancholic end like Gullit 2: I don’t know it and I don’t care about it. I consider it a case closed but someone in the management, moved by Sheva’s tears, will try to open it again till the last possible moment.

Chivu. What does Chivu have to do with Milan? A lot. For two reasons: from a technical point of view, and because of the management policies. Technical because, since he is at the market, he would be an ideal player for the defense that, inspite of what Galliani might claim, needs supports in the left side, just like in the central defense. Chivu is great defending and even better at setting up. Nesta and Kaladze are two starters for sure, injuries apart, but then? Maldini is injured and he is almost 40, Bonera has been until today discreet, nothing more, Simic is Simic. On the left side we have Janku, who is more explosive when he passes the center of the field, uncle Serginho and grandpa Favalli , with all the respect, are great professionals but nobody knows, today, if they will be available for an entire season. And then, why not move for Chivu?
There is then another aspect: Spain is there to fight for the Rumanian defender with Inter. Yeah, that Spain that as sad Galliani says, does have one favorable Fiscal State for the sport societies. In short, the Italian teams, in this context, are losers. Fair. But if Inter is able to buy Chivu what excuse will dottor Galliani use? Perhaps that Milan, today, does not even have the power of one management, Inter, that had a huge gap over us in the last championship, and has already bought Suazo, probably will buy Chivu and another defender, will reinforce their midfield with Jimenez and another one and will exaggerate in their buys as always? The tifosi of Milan, beloved Galliani, beloved Berlusconi and beloveds whoever you want, aren’t asking for exaggerations, but they aren’t asking for this tired politics of low profile, of quietly giving up – see: Suazo’s case - of waiting passively.

Ancelotti. Exists? Is he vanished? A coach who wins two Champions must make his own voice heard in the management, he has the right to impose himself. It is possible that he shares the choice of a team that doesn’t renew itself but, not even one striker? It is good to be a lover of the organization, but in this case you are nearly a fan of the organization-Milan and all this can’t be shared. For the undersigned, Mr. Carletto is anything but satisfied with what we have done in the market, but he isn’t able to raise his voice.

The Wait. The market is still long, even if many important players are already part of other teams. The Milan of the last Champions, in the moment of its maximum expression, has won, but didn’t outclassed – with the exception of the perfect game against Manchester – it’s rivals in Europe. Well, all these rivals have all reinforced themselves. Last year in the championship, Milan did not beat rivals such as Inter, Roma,and Fiorentina: some thoughtful thinking most be done, because the risk is that what happened in Athens is transformed in one dangerous drunk drive for Milan that will cause lots of harm in some time. One can only wait: the final judgments are made at the end and therefore we will try to be confident with the policies of the society. Though, there exists balances at the middle of the road, and in all honesty, till today, they are sadly incomprehensible. And now lets got ahead with the wait.
italian version: http://www.ilveromilanista.altervista.org/chi1.htm

This is an italian article that I translated...it will sound funny, cause I used babel fish to help me out, but I think that the essense of the article is there.
Little details to disagree with, but I feel that it shows perfectly how most Milan fans feel ATM with our summer campaign.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
What really bother me isn’t us not buying .
Milan believing in the same players is always respectful.
I wont mind G&B+A saying : we believe in Kaladze , Pirlo , Seedorf , Pippo & co.
What really , really bother me is when we make “panic buys”.
Either we stick with core of the team + make clinical + solid transfers when needed.
Or we put a good transfer plan so we don’t get rip off or fail.

Milaneso

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gilardino, Pirlo _ Gattuso
I trust the management that they will buy someone this summer. If not in winter..

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
The fan that asks, protests, criticize, interprets, suggests and is “poisoned”, is banal, predictable. Because he/she is not pleased, because he does not understand, because he always wants more. Because he is a ingrate. This is the thought of the Milan management and it is the background philosophy of the media channel of the club. Difficult to share it. After the great victory in Athens, Ancelotti claimed, " We want to return to play with two strikers. We will buy a very strong forward and therefore we also need a man in the midfield. And in these places we will move ". Then the support in the midfield disappeared, swallowed by the management’s and coach staff’s trust in what they have, I presume, while the forwards don’t seem to have much desire to come to come to Milan. You say no? Suazo has chosen Inter, it is a fact. Henry has chosen Barcelona, is a fact. Eto'o does not want to leave the blaugrana and so does Ronaldinho, and also these are facts. Ah, also Tiago, that it is a good midfielder, has preferred Juventus over Milan. But didn’t they all wanted to play in Milanello? Less presumption, misters of Milan, less arrogance and more actions: every so often, listen to the fans more – also because 31000 have already underwritten l’ abbonamento in `bianco' - more than an action of trying to satisfy the demands of the fans it should be a duty.

Sheva. He wants to return? Seems like yes. Will he make it? He is one that knows how to move: he telephones, he puts all his effort, going between one friendship to another one, with the powerful man of the moment. He left Milan while they were between Serie A or B; "life choice", he said, now he hopes to take back his place in the squad of the European Champions. I think like most tifosi: he should not return. It is not a matter of treason and being a mercenary: at the end the only thing that counts is the rossonero symbol, the rest, the players, have their own interests and it is useless to imagine that they will be, forever, defending that symbol. More simply, he has made his time at Milan, he has left behind him an unpleasant image, he does not convince more in his attitudes of `Bambi di Kiev'. From the technical point of view, is it worth spending a huge amount of money for a 31 year-old, coming from a disappointing season, in place of, - say - Giuseppe Rossi, italian talent, great finisher, and in the pre-explosive phase of his career? Perhaps Sheva will return, perhaps not. Maybe he will still score many goals or perhaps it will have a melancholic end like Gullit 2: I don’t know it and I don’t care about it. I consider it a case closed but someone in the management, moved by Sheva’s tears, will try to open it again till the last possible moment.

Chivu. What does Chivu have to do with Milan? A lot. For two reasons: from a technical point of view, and because of the management policies. Technical because, since he is at the market, he would be an ideal player for the defense that, inspite of what Galliani might claim, needs supports in the left side, just like in the central defense. Chivu is great defending and even better at setting up. Nesta and Kaladze are two starters for sure, injuries apart, but then? Maldini is injured and he is almost 40, Bonera has been until today discreet, nothing more, Simic is Simic. On the left side we have Janku, who is more explosive when he passes the center of the field, uncle Serginho and grandpa Favalli , with all the respect, are great professionals but nobody knows, today, if they will be available for an entire season. And then, why not move for Chivu?
There is then another aspect: Spain is there to fight for the Rumanian defender with Inter. Yeah, that Spain that as sad Galliani says, does have one favorable Fiscal State for the sport societies. In short, the Italian teams, in this context, are losers. Fair. But if Inter is able to buy Chivu what excuse will dottor Galliani use? Perhaps that Milan, today, does not even have the power of one management, Inter, that had a huge gap over us in the last championship, and has already bought Suazo, probably will buy Chivu and another defender, will reinforce their midfield with Jimenez and another one and will exaggerate in their buys as always? The tifosi of Milan, beloved Galliani, beloved Berlusconi and beloveds whoever you want, aren’t asking for exaggerations, but they aren’t asking for this tired politics of low profile, of quietly giving up – see: Suazo’s case - of waiting passively.

Ancelotti. Exists? Is he vanished? A coach who wins two Champions must make his own voice heard in the management, he has the right to impose himself. It is possible that he shares the choice of a team that doesn’t renew itself but, not even one striker? It is good to be a lover of the organization, but in this case you are nearly a fan of the organization-Milan and all this can’t be shared. For the undersigned, Mr. Carletto is anything but satisfied with what we have done in the market, but he isn’t able to raise his voice.

The Wait. The market is still long, even if many important players are already part of other teams. The Milan of the last Champions, in the moment of its maximum expression, has won, but didn’t outclassed – with the exception of the perfect game against Manchester – it’s rivals in Europe. Well, all these rivals have all reinforced themselves. Last year in the championship, Milan did not beat rivals such as Inter, Roma,and Fiorentina: some thoughtful thinking most be done, because the risk is that what happened in Athens is transformed in one dangerous drunk drive for Milan that will cause lots of harm in some time. One can only wait: the final judgments are made at the end and therefore we will try to be confident with the policies of the society. Though, there exists balances at the middle of the road, and in all honesty, till today, they are sadly incomprehensible. And now lets got ahead with the wait.
I feel like I wrote this article. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
i wudnt mind if Huntelaar comes as a panic buy :D

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
^¨ That would be very unlike our management. Panic buys for us usually means PANIC buys so i guess if it happens again ( GOD FORBID ) it would be viduka aka alien head (no offence to aussies) or solkjær. Or some argentinian or brazilian boy, 16 yearsold and his own fans believeing that acmilan are drunk and you should do all you can to rip them off. I still remember when we bought grimi and the fans went: " i cant believe it. Grimi doesnt get playingtime here and AC MILAN wants him? he won the lottery, lucky SOB"

I have a little bit of faith left lol, i think we'll get our surprise signing. It will be a surprise but also a disappointment.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Pfft Viduka munches any player that comes out of the whole of Norway.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Mark my words, Milan will sign Baptista ( not wanted by Schuster) and Emerson.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
hahahah well said mate

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pupone#10 said:

Only one can come unless there's a EU passport amongst the 2?

Not time to panic yet anyway, isn't there more then 5 weeks to the close of the transfer window.....

BTW has Tevez made it to Man U. yet? Could be a good time to ACTUALLY snatch him or would that just be some other Suazo type incident!?

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Naraku said:
Only one can come unless there's a EU passport amongst the 2?

Not time to panic yet anyway, isn't there more then 5 weeks to the close of the transfer window.....

BTW has Tevez made it to Man U. yet? Could be a good time to ACTUALLY snatch him or would that just be some other Suazo type incident!?
Emerson has Probably EU Passport if am not mistaken.

I really cant see Galliani interested buying an Argentinian Player, even more so Tevez will probably sign for ManU

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
San Paolo said:
sad thing is, i agree :D

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Pupone#10 said:

Considering our options I wouldn't mind Baptista, especially if he keeps the form from Copa America. Emerson on the other hand :head: If we can sign a young defender as well, I recall Berlu mentioning something about that then great once he's talented.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Emerson Would Love to Join Our Dear Milan!!!
quote/ Le milieu de terrain du Real Madrid, Emerson a déclaré à Radio Gaucha. "Au Real Madrid, tout est difficile. Je paye le fait d'être un joueur de confiance de Cappello. Avec le Milan AC, tout fonctionne parfaitement, sur et en dehors du terrain. Tous les joueurs voudraient jouer en rossonero". unquote/

You can find the source at http://www.calciofrance.com/news.php?idnews=1289

Translator: "Milan is a perfect team in and out of the pitch. Every player would like to play in Rossenero. In Madrid, everything is difficult. I pay the fact to be trusted by Capello."

... Galliani, what are you waiting for...? I know Milan has good players at the same sector but having emerson would be a very PLus for the team. Knowing also that there is Three trophies to compete for...

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
It seems it's going to be either Sheva or no one >_>

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
pipa said:
It seems it's going to be either Sheva or no one >_>
Doesn't a CL title give us any credibility/desire? :head:

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
all of this inactivity and constant speculation is really getting on my nerves cant we just buy someone.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I've been wanting to write this for a while, but couldn't get enough time.

What on EARTH does Galliani mean, when he says he considers Kaka a forward? Is that supposed to mean we've failed in our campaign to sign a top class forward? Just how is the forward line supposed to read Ronaldo, Gila, Pippo, Kaka?

So if Kaka is another forward, will we continue with the dreadful 4-4-1-1, with Ronaldo playing alone up front and Kaka backing him? Or will we play the good old 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldo and Gila/Pippo up front? And what if Ronaldo gets injured? We'll have to revert to a 4-4-1-1, right? That sucks. We won with that formation, but we didn't have as much fluidity as we did when playing with two forwards.

Especially, risking a 4-3-1-2 based on Ronaldo's fitness and falling back on a 4-4-1-1 banking on Seedorf's form appears remarkably naive to me. Why on earth can't we just go out and buy a bloody forward? Seeing all this, I am compelled to ask: where is all the money going?

Barcelona play fantastic football but they go out and buy Henry. We play brilliant football thrice a season and try to rest on our laurels. I can understand the management delaying buying a centre back. But a forward? Quite easily the most obvious addition that has to be made to the squad? We're shooting ourselves in the foot here.

It so happened - unfortunately, as it turns out - that our team was able to pull off a remarkable victory in the CL, thanks to determination and team spirit. But instead of counting their blessings for progressing way more than they expected, the management has, after some meek efforts to reinforce the squad, convinced itself to settle on its laurels and expects the team to continue progressing.

Progress, my ass. Winning is not progress. How we play is progress. Instead of raising the bar higher each time we win, we seem to be content with mediocrity, though a successful mediocrity.

I am disillusioned. I don't think we'll be exciting next year. We'll end up over-burdening Kaka and he'll rightfully feel drained at the end of the season and will probably leave in the summer. I wouldn't blame him.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italian Tsar said:
I've been wanting to write this for a while, but couldn't get enough time.

What on EARTH does Galliani mean, when he says he considers Kaka a forward? Is that supposed to mean we've failed in our campaign to sign a top class forward? Just how is the forward line supposed to read Ronaldo, Gila, Pippo, Kaka?

So if Kaka is another forward, will we continue with the dreadful 4-4-1-1, with Ronaldo playing alone up front and Kaka backing him? Or will we play the good old 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldo and Gila/Pippo up front? And what if Ronaldo gets injured? We'll have to revert to a 4-4-1-1, right? That sucks. We won with that formation, but we didn't have as much fluidity as we did when playing with two forwards.

Especially, risking a 4-3-1-2 based on Ronaldo's fitness and falling back on a 4-4-1-1 banking on Seedorf's form appears remarkably naive to me. Why on earth can't we just go out and buy a bloody forward? Seeing all this, I am compelled to ask: where is all the money going?

Barcelona play fantastic football but they go out and buy Henry. We play brilliant football thrice a season and try to rest on our laurels. I can understand the management delaying buying a centre back. But a forward? Quite easily the most obvious addition that has to be made to the squad? We're shooting ourselves in the foot here.

It so happened - unfortunately, as it turns out - that our team was able to pull off a remarkable victory in the CL, thanks to determination and team spirit. But instead of counting their blessings for progressing way more than they expected, the management has, after some meek efforts to reinforce the squad, convinced itself to settle on its laurels and expects the team to continue progressing.

Progress, my ass. Winning is not progress. How we play is progress. Instead of raising the bar higher each time we win, we seem to be content with mediocrity, though a successful mediocrity.

I am disillusioned. I don't think we'll be exciting next year. We'll end up over-burdening Kaka and he'll rightfully feel drained at the end of the season and will probably leave in the summer. I wouldn't blame him.
I was jumping like a kid when we won the CL this year.
But there was a part of me that didn’t want 2 win exactly coz of what G&B + A would say : we r the best team in Europe , we don’t need any new players.
Milan , sooner or latter , will face a big crises.
Winning the CL isn’t as important as building the team + playing a better football.

Never in my life I witnessed such stupid + anti ambitious board & I was a Milan fan 4 more than 18 years.
Kaka should leave us exactly coz of that.
He deserve a different board & am sad 2 say so but Milan , with those ppl in charge , doesn’t deserve him.

U put a nicely post there but all u said mean 1 thing : G&B + A should fuck off 4 good.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Fact is, we're being linked to players such as Pato and Julio Baptista. Although neither can be a bad addition to our squad, Julio Baptista is not a pilar of consistency. Pato on the otherhand is quite impressive for a 17-soon-to-be-18 year old. However Pato would only arrive in January. We would not be able to rely on an forward line consisiting of a highly inconsistent duo of Gilardino and Baptista, a reliable but aging Pippo Inzaghi, and an injury-prone Ronaldo.

Although high-quality strikers all 4 would be (implying Baptista were to arrive) they have their flaws. The then adition of Pato in January would not give him time to adapt until maybe the end of the season, to his new surrundings and completely new culture. It would take him 4-5 years before we can see his true potential therefore he is just a future prospect and nothing more for us now. We definetly won't see him have more than 10 goals in his first full season which would be the next after the upcoming one, should we get him in January.

If we were not to get any acquisitions this is our front line compared to Barcelona's, we would see the matchup like this Kaka' vs Ronaldinho, Inzaghi vs Eto'o, Gilardino vs. Messi, Ronaldo vs Henry. Kaka would take Ronaldinho, but i strongly doubt the other 3 would win out vs. their respected matchup, only ronaldo coming out close. Basically proving that Barcelona have a formidable offence, unlike Milan, champions europe, do not. Barcelona also have a vey strong backline and a good midfield, just like Milan, who's midfield and backline are, unfortunately, older.

Barcelona, Inter, Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea and Bayern Munich have strengthened their squads to what seems invincibility. They already had a good squad and built upon it. These teams starting line-ups change from season to season and the fans see new, fresh faces in their team each year. There is nothing to a fan who hasn't seen his team play for 2 months, to get a world class acquisition for the new season.

But then you look at 3 teams, Milan, Manchester and Liverpool. They make maybe 1 or maybe 2 big name signing at the most each season, and reinforce the squad with older experienced players considered trash by some teams, and buy 1 or 2 young players for the future, usually to replace a star that seems never likely to leave the team.

These stars usually play out their days with these clubs, Maldini, Giggs, Carragher, Gerrard etc. and they are willing to take a backseat in the later days of their careers for the youngsters bought years back, to teach them, and in return they are valuable substitutes to give the young players a rest once in a while. You look at these 3 teams over the past half decade and you will see that their starting 11 have evolved much slower than al of Europe's major clubs, but also, have won the most over the long period of time.

Yes buying players immediately brings indeed, immediate success, as Inter showed last season, Barca and Chelsea 3 years previous. Now look at Chelsea and Barca, they have slowly faded and haven't really won anything of note. Why is that? Simply because they bought the best they could on the market, rather than buy young future prospects, who are somewhat proven to become good, and older players that bring valuable experience and depth to the squad. These squads have no more room for their experienced players therefore they let them go.

A perfect example was Giuseppe Favalli's purchase last summer. We thought it wa s a waste because he was old. But when he played, he fit into our system very easily because he had experience to do so. He was very solid at the back, more so than Jankulovski, and he was pretty dangerous pushing forward. Seedorf, who was on the road to another dismal season, turned the heater up a notch when he was truly needed. Other major clubs would have discareded him by now. Ambrosini who has finally shown his true value this season, and also starting to get up in years, would never have been given the chance by other major clubs because of his injury problems and inconsistency in the past.

But then you look over the past 20 years. You look at the history books and you constantly see 2 teams that continued winning using the same formula. 2 geniuses in modern football were at the help of each club, albeit in different positions. Manchester United had Sir Alex, and Il Grande Milan, who's legacy of the Berlusconi era is unprecedented, with Berlusconi watching over. Both men realised that the formula to victory is not money and talent: but trust, solidity, faith, and a strong belief in the dressing room that they were united as one team, and they would go out there every game and even though not the best on paper, they were the strongest side.

And if a player did not believe in this winning formula, they were set packing. Van Nistelrooij and Beckham for Manchester, 2 players who seeked a fake sense of glory and money. Same for Shevchenko with Milan. Even though Shevchenko was a heartbreak for us to lose, wasn't Beckham, Manchesters idol also a heartbreaing loss?

Other top clubs would not have the courage nor the balls to let their star player leave, because they cared more about winning quickly rather than have a united group of players. They would win immediately but in the long run, when things go downhill for a while, the locker room is not calm like that of Milan, they start to panick, and tempers flare. The group is no longer harmonious and the team struggles alot.

On the other hand, when Milan goes through a bad patch, players and staff alike always come out and say that the locker room is united and they will get back onto winning ways, rather than the inter or chelsea locker room where the finger is always pointed at someone, or in Real Madrids case where the coach is sacked, or at Juve where fringe players uproar at not being given a chance, or at Barca where we hear constant rumours of discomfort and fighting.

Although I agree with Italian Tsar that our transfer season is highly and worringly dismal, we must continue to trust Milan and its directors. We hve the money, and should we need further re-inforcement it will be spent. Players will eventually come but Milan is as strong a side as any and they will continue to win, because, no other team in history has accomplished what Milan has...find the balance between long-term victory and a long lasting harmony within the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
crazy4milan said:

If this is so then the possibilty arises that we might purchase an attacking midfielder. Deco is on the market so he's a possibility but I'm not so sure, I'd rather buy a forward and have the option of playing Kaka upfront if needed rather than buy a midfielder and force Kaka to play upfront.

Nice to see Darmian and Aubameyang listed in the first team. Hopefully they get some chances to impress.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galliani always makes these ridiculous comments. Either by suggesting "we are fine the way we are" he's a knobgoblin, if so then why chase Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Drogba etc in the first place?

Or he is just playing his cards right and still after someone not many people know about. I think the latter. Berlusconi backs up my point of view. These people aren't stupid. They maybe stubborn and shifty at times but they are far from stupid. He knows what he is doing. The bloke can't possibly be that delusional.

ps. Does Diago consider to be one of the 3 primavera players to get promoted to the senior squad?

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo Fan said:
If this is so then the possibilty arises that we might purchase an attacking midfielder.
That would work. It's something they should take into consideration depending where they choose to field Kaka. Personally I reckon he will be fielded as both an attacking midfield and futher forward. That's why I would've prefered Di Gennaro to remain for this season.