Vincenzo Montella Thread

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Our Best Buy of the summer. I fucking love Montella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Montella is doing a great job, but this does not mean I will say bad words for Miha. He is doing great in Torino too, already 4th in table. I think there were many reasons why we weren't able to have a better season with him. Firstly when he arrived he found a team with bad players, after finishing 10th in the table, with no motivation, not prepared well by Inzaghi etc. Then he missed some players we have now, Paletta who asked to leave, then Niang who only played half of the games, because he was injured at the start and end of the season, Donnarumma started to play later, first was Lopez, in a bad form. And also other young and new arrivals had to grow. When Bacca, Adriano, Romagnoli, Ely, Bertolacci etc arrived, Miha fielded them from the first game, because he had no other options in the team, he wasn't able to let them fit slowly like Montella is doing. When we found the form with Miha we managed to be 5-8 points from the 3rd place many times, but just never make a step forward. Except this, there was also the problem with the formation, I know Miha always said he prefers 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3, but he didn't use them, because Berlu signed 3 strikers, and he had to play with the 2 striker formation. Now in Torino he is using the 4-3-3. And during all the season Miha was criticised by Berlu, and always was in risk to lose the job..

After the first 3 games I criticised Montella because we didn't well, and only got 3 points, I was scared we were going to have a bad season. But now I can say that he is doing really well, we have 16 points in 8 games, 2 points per game was our objective. Still premature to talk, but maybe he will be our Conte, let's wait and see.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Mister Vincenzo Montella Thread

We always play good after we somehow have a goal lead.
For example the game vs Lazio when Parolo made a mistake, or last game with a rocket of Kucka.
Before those moments we got owned so hard.
I want to see our players do better when we behind.

It was completely the opposite the last few seasons. We will start the match with huge confidence, play very well. We then score a goal and it just goes downhill from there, with the opposition equalising or winning the match.

Now we just play next level football when we score.. Imo We would have beaten sassuolo comfortably too if not for that abate mistake.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella is doing a great job

:lol:

I swear I've seen you shitting on Vincenzo in pretty much every thread on this forum the other week... not gonna dig for old quotes, don't want to be a dick.

Just goes to show how impatient & uneducated fans are

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

I swear I've seen you shitting on Vincenzo in pretty much every thread

After the first 3 games I criticised Montella because we didn't well, and only got 3 points, I was scared we were going to have a bad season. But now I can say that he is doing really well, we have 16 points in 8 games, 2 points per game was our objective. Still premature to talk, but maybe he will be our Conte, let's wait and see.

yes

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we lose to juve and draw to genoa some RNB bitches will want him out

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
we lose to juve and draw to genoa some RNB bitches will want him out

Stop whining for god sake.

3/4 of rnb support him. People were in doubts(including me), but now he proved his worth.

Lets wait and see.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I swear I've seen you shitting on Vincenzo in pretty much every thread on this forum the other week... not gonna dig for old quotes, don't want to be a dick.

Just goes to show how impatient & uneducated fans are

The people who didn't like Montella were the Mihajlovic fanboys who didn't like the fact that Montella had a much better start than Mihajlovic and wanted him to fail so they can say Mihajlovic should have stayed.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
The people who didn't like Montella were the Mihajlovic fanboys who didn't like the fact that Montella had a much better start than Mihajlovic and wanted him to fail so they can say Mihajlovic should have stayed.

That is untrue allan. I just supported our coach during tough times and i will do the same with montella when will happen. I cant just say ok goodbye, next plz. Everything need some time, it is nothing wrong with that.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I fucking love this man

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Mister Vincenzo Montella Thread

Nope bro. I like both :D
I actually defended montella when people kept mentioning his bad time at Sampdoria.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
you guys don't get it. Berlusconi stopped calling week in and week out to dictate formation and who plays.

Montella is the first coach to have freedom of choice since 1986. this is the difference, this is why he is working in peace and he does not have to get calls every match on line ups and tactical decisions.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ agree. Was shocked that we started the season with 433

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That is untrue allan. I just supported our coach during tough times and i will do the same with montella when will happen. I cant just say ok goodbye, next plz. Everything need some time, it is nothing wrong with that.

You're good bro. It's other people who shit on Montella from day one (not going to say names) and are now pretending as if they supported him from day one despite the fact that they took any chance they got to shit on him and defend Mihajlovic.

Nope bro. I like both :D
I actually defended montella when people kept mentioning his bad time at Sampdoria.

I know. Because you knew the potential way he could make this team play when it comes to attacking.

Montella still needs to fix defensive issues but I have no complaints about his offensive tactics. He's been able to break down small teams effectively.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
You're good bro. It's other people who shit on Montella from day one (not going to say names) and are now pretending as if they supported him from day one despite the fact that they took any chance they got to shit on him and defend Mihajlovic.

I know. Because you knew the potential way he could make this team play when it comes to attacking.

Montella still needs to fix defensive issues but I have no complaints about his offensive tactics. He's been able to break down small teams effectively.

I still defend Mihajlovic, he built the foundations of this Milan, Montella fixed some things, and so far got good results.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
you guys don't get it. Berlusconi stopped calling week in and week out to dictate formation and who plays.

Montella is the first coach to have freedom of choice since 1986. this is the difference, this is why he is working in peace and he does not have to get calls every match on line ups and tactical decisions.

Montella said every time he spoke with Berlu he said "Who will be the 2 strikers" and he said "So we can't play with 3?"

Berlu is selling the club, and maybe that's why he is not doing more pressure to him to change the formation.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Those who talk about Mihajlovic, should watch the table, Torino is 4th, of course Miha is no longer playing with Berlu's 2 striker formation, and now he is doing well.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I think Miha was much more influential tactically and Montella is influential mentally and so much luckier.

I love the fact that were winning and were tied for second right now, but honestly a lot of that is luck. Our passing scheme was much better at this point last year than this year and defense looked more solid as a unit. I feel like now the players are much more confident in their abilities than last year.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

I never ever wanted anyone to fail and say I was right.

I also had bad words about Suso last year, then when he started to have some good games this season I was happy about him, because I want to see good players, good coaches, and a winning Milan.

In fact you always want to see Niang doing any mistake, so you can say he is shit.

Last edited:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

We get it ;)

We are just not thinking about him anymore. He is the past bro.

We are just happy that we do well, we don't need ti investigate it, what is the reason :lol:

Forza :proud:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Vulture do you reply on every post so you show everyone that you know all about milan?

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think Miha was much more influential tactically and Montella is influential mentally and so much luckier.

I love the fact that were winning and were tied for second right now, but honestly a lot of that is luck. Our passing scheme was much better at this point last year than this year and defense looked more solid as a unit. I feel like now the players are much more confident in their abilities than last year.

well... maybe the truth is somewhere in between. maybe it will suit better if we say that last year in some games we were unlucky
anyway to win you need a bit of luck as well among other things

Last edited:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

Sure Montella had a luckier start, but a that doesn't say much of what the season will be. It's not worth talking about luck after 8 games.

It's obvious that both coaches have been influential tactically, but in a different way.

First of all, Miha spent 3-4 months of his time with Milan, to choose the formation and the tactics that fit best with his players, while Montella is spending the same amount of time to make the players fit the formation and the tactical ideas that he had chosen at the beginning.

The former sometimes is more efficient, but doesn't allow a coach to fully express himself with the team. Also, the second is the best way to push the club for proper signings and to make players that are not willing to adapt to go f. themself.

Usually, all the top coaches chose the latter way. Conte was probably one of the few in recent times that earned a huge reputation with the former.

A big difference that make difficult to compare Miha and Montella, is that current Milan is a better team. Most of the player have improved in someway, the youngsters have more experience, 2015 summer signings like Kucka and Bacca have got more accustomed to the team, other players like De Sciglio and Paletta have better form.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, this is the reason we suck for so long now. I can only repeat it again and again: Milan probably is the laziest team ever and Montella is an idiot if he things the only thing that matters is how you play with the ball.
Why are Guardiola teams so good? It's not because of tiki taka etc. but because of players working extremely hard especially off the ball.
Thats the only reason why I think Miha did an excellent job because for the first time I saw a change in the workrate of the players.
Now it seems that we are back to square one with football from the 90's just with mediocre players instead of a world class squad.
I'm by no means a Montella hater but we dont need some kind of football enthusiast as a coach, we need someone like Miha who is able to bring discipline and fitness making it possible for this team to become a football team of the 21th century rather than an absolute joke.

And this quote from Bacca shows exactly what kind of player he is. I will be a happy guy the day this guy leaves Milan. I would rather play Balotelli than him.

If you want to fix our mobility issues then you build around highly mobile players, and force the rest to adapt or lose their spots. We've only done that for short spells in 2012/13 but it was hampered by Balo.
Preseason/preparations/shouting/instilling discipline etc will only help sustain it, not create it.

Montella might be onto something though. We became less static as a team with Monto as pivot instead of De Jong - and Loca is an upgrade from Monto in this aspect. Our least mobile players are now the fullbacks.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I was one of the few who backed this man when he was hired and how happy I am to see him turn this team around! Keep it up Vincenzo :proud:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
This man must carry a horseshoe in his smalls(loving your work)

Schedule