AC Milan - AEK Athens 13/09/2006 Champions League

p_Maldini_3

Primavera
Reaction score
all i have to say the lack of respect shown to both Maldini and nesta is disgusting...

taking their performance for face-value without any knowledge of the the conditions just proves to show how most of you are neophytes and [hopefully] naive when it comes to knowledge of football and especially the conditions regarding a players performance...

you guys are a f**king disgrace... grow up, if u know whats in the players' head than you can speak for them, otherwise just keep ur treacherous mouths shut...

its embarassing reading you people insult and blast 2 of the greatest defenders to ever grace the game, im not going to say anything else. its too damn disgusting...

prokeneda

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
Passion for *9* said:
Too much benchwarming maybe ? ;)

Nesta REALLY sucked on Sunday + I don't see him shape up that fast. Unfortunately Maldini + Nesta are our 'intouchables' as long as only halfway semi-fit :rolleyes:

....and what's wrong whith that?

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
prokeneda said:
....and what's wrong whith that?
Didn't you watch Milan vs Lazio ?? Maldini had some good saves, but he also had some mistakes... Nesta looked like a sleepwalker..
I found most fans discuss about our defensive line, i think this is the only problem that Milan have in this season. Although Sheva left Milan, Oliviera, Inzaghi and Gila can still score a lot + Borrelio should be better than either Vieri or Amoroso, so our strikers are no problem. I also think our midfilders are better than last season because Gourcuff''s join and Brocchi's back.. But our defenders have a lot of problems.. Especially Stam's left made that problem more obsivously... Fortunately, Dida looked more confidence and good...
I think Milan must win this game to make sure we can enter the 1/16 earlier ( I hope win can win the first 4 games to make sure go through the group earlier that can save player's energy in the winter ). We do need to transfer a good defender in this winter, especially a CB .

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
guys, for the game 2morrow they will show it on TLN or RAI @2:30 for people in Canada or Montreal.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
MilanFan009 said:
guys, for the game 2morrow they will show it on TLN or RAI @2:30 for people in Canada or Montreal.
I think you mean 2:30 pm for people in Montreal...
Unfortunately, i lives in BC, it is 11:30am in BC when Montreal is 2:30pm.. I will miss the second half because i have class.:cry:

milanslalu

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
baresi, tasotti, van basten, kaka, nesta, gattuso, maldini, pirlo, inzaghi,
too bad... but u can watch a highlight. Btw, i'd prefer watch milan than do bored thing (dont take it seriously)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Maldini shouldn't be an automatic starter anymore. His fitness levels can't be improved, he's just plain OLD. AEK + Parma ~ same difference (level).
They can be improved just not alot..we need Kaladze back.

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
p_Maldini_3 said:
all i have to say the lack of respect shown to both Maldini and nesta is disgusting...

taking their performance for face-value without any knowledge of the the conditions just proves to show how most of you are neophytes and [hopefully] naive when it comes to knowledge of football and especially the conditions regarding a players performance...

you guys are a f**king disgrace... grow up, if u know whats in the players' head than you can speak for them, otherwise just keep ur treacherous mouths shut...

its embarassing reading you people insult and blast 2 of the greatest defenders to ever grace the game, im not going to say anything else. its too damn disgusting...
Take it easy friend. Stress is bad for your health. Poeple here appreciate all our players, esp. Paolo Maldini. They are entitled to their opinions about their recent performances as much as you are. There are more subtle ways of showing your disagreement, don't you think!?

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has warned his troops against complacency ahead of tonight’s AEK Athens clash. “There are no easy matches,” he said.

The Rossoneri are favourites to start Group H of the Champions League – which also consists of Anderlecht and Lille – with a win, but the tactician is remaining wary.

“We must not underestimate this challenge,” he noted. “It may be very dangerous to think that there any easy matches in this phase.

“Our opponents may not be that famous at a European level, but the fact that we do not know them may instead represent a risk.

“These clubs are not used to this kind of stage and are sure to do their best to impress,” added the Rossoneri boss.

“We must consider that Italian teams are always slower in reaching top form as our championship starts later than other countries and we still need some time to improve our condition.

“AEK are a very fast side who play like the Spanish teams and are very dangerous on the flanks.

“They will play like Lazio on Sunday and, considering how much we suffered in the second half, we will have to be very careful.”

Ancelotti has not released details of Milan’s starting line-up, but confirms that all his men have recovered from the Serie A debut.

“All the players fielded on Sunday are available, Ricardo Oliveira can play approximately 30-40 minutes and I can’t exclude that he will part of the match.”

Paolo Maldini is optimistic about Wednesday’s tie and believes that Milan are the strongest side in Europe.

“In the past few years we have been the best Italian club in international competitions and we have also outclassed most of the other European teams,” said Maldini.

“I consider Milan the best team in Europe and the Champions League has always been our primary target, just as it will be this year.

“It’s not that we aren’t interested in the Scudetto, but for some reason we seem to do better in Europe.

“I admit that I was disappointed to read the UEFA motivations after they decided to readmit us to the tournament, but I don’t believe that we will encounter any additional obstacle for this reason.”

Maldini’s condition is fairly good after two injury-struck seasons, but he does not know how many matches he will be able to play.

“I am at the Coach’s disposal,” he argued. “If there are no further problems then I think I can play two or more games in a row.

“I still haven’t spoken to the boss, but I am feeling good. There still are some problems and those won’t go away, but I trust this year will be better than the past one.”

MilanEqualsLove

-.Mrs Nesta.-
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Zlatan, Prince
As always, I pray and hope that my fav team will win. So all we can do is to pray for the guys health etc. :D

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
From probable line-ups one thing is sure .. Gourcuff will start the game!

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
I read on uefa.com that Gila has a stomach strain ... =__=

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
pipa said:
I read on uefa.com that Gila has a stomach strain ... =__=

yeah its almost sure that Oliveira will start the game ahead of Gila... also Brocchi instead of Pirlo ..

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Besi said:
yeah its almost sure that Oliveira will start the game ahead of Gila... also Brocchi instead of Pirlo ..
What the hell are we doing? Brocchi DM?Gourcuff..were?

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
No Gila, no Pirlo ... =___=

+ Brocchi starts and no Gourcuff =_________________= !!!!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Gila#11. said:
What the hell are we doing? Brocchi DM?Gourcuff..were?

Gourcuff in Seedorf place or in Kaka place.. its in official site .. Italian section ..

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Besi said:
Gourcuff in Seedorf place or in Kaka place.. its in official site .. Italian section ..
I'm very happy about this Gourcuff thing..Not so happy about Brocchi tho.

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Queste le probabili formazioni di Milan-Aek Atene

Milan (4-3-1-2): 1 Dida, 2 Cafu, 13 Nesta, 3 Maldini 19 Favalli, 8 Gattuso, 21 Pirlo, 10 Seedorf, 22 Kakà, 9 Inzaghi, 7 Oliveira. (16 Kalac, 17 Simic, 27 Serginho, 32 Brocchi, 23 Ambrosini, 20 Gourcuff, 11 Gilardino)

Aek Atene (4-2-3-1): 28 Sorrentino, 13 Pautasso, 55 Dellas, 5 Cirillo, 19 Lagos, 25 Emerson, 17 Ivic, 23 Lakis, 33 Liberopoulos, 99 Julio Cesar, 9 Delibasic. (22 Chiotis, 4 Moras, 11 Manduca, 88 Tozser, 7 Kiriakidis, 56 Hetemaj, 35 Kapetanos)
(eurosport.com)

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Here it is (line up form acmilan.com):
Dida;
Cafu, Simic, Maldini, Favalli;
Gattuso, Brocchi, Gourcuff; Kakà;
Ricardo Oliveira, Inzaghi;

I don't like this one. Gattuso and Brocchi in midfield...i don't think that it will work, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong!

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Oh great, now we're gonna start with Favalli too!!!

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From what i see..
Rino's gonna take DM..Brocchi right mid.. Gorcuff left Kaka Attack mid and Pippo Oliveira upfront.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Gila#11. said:
Why not Janku at left back????????
And we want Nesta not Simic at CB..WTF!
Exactly!!!
What happened to Janku or Serginho or .... Costacurta.

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol whats going on why is pirlo and gila not playing and seedorf

who gonna play where a we changing formation for tonight

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
sandy said:
HAY,

DON"T WORRY,Simic is are good player.
Simic is alright ...

But WHY FAVALLI!!!!!!! WHY!!!111111

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I actually think Favalli mite be a tactical decision..Gourcuff's gonna be playing alot further up than Seedorf would..so maybe he's playing Favalli because there'd be no use in playin Serginho behind Gourcuff we'd have nobody to cover the left.

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gila#11. said:
I actually think Favalli mite be a tactical decision..Gourcuff's gonna be playing alot further up than Seedorf would..so maybe he's playing Favalli because there'd be no use in playin Serginho behind Gourcuff we'd have nobody to cover the left.

true

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On the + side...psyched about seeing Gourcuff, if he's any good i hope he premanently replaces Seedorf,

prokeneda

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
Yuchen Fish said:
Didn't you watch Milan vs Lazio ?? Maldini had some good saves, but he also had some mistakes... Nesta looked like a sleepwalker..We do need to transfer a good defender in this winter, especially a CB .

Nesta must play to be back in good shape, if you don't understand that.....
You should show some respect for him coz you seem to be a sleepwriter.

Schedule