Thiago Silva Thread

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
It wouldn't happened in Dunga Management; he want from the team to play as one body, and Robinho + Pato are players that not get back for defending.

Pato said in an interview he wants to help defense. Well, I never said Dunga would do this, I have to agree I neither think so.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Pato said in an interview he wants to help defense. Well, I never said Dunga would do this, I have to agree I neither think so.

Saying is something and doing something else ;)

Let Pato contribute in defense in Milan which he could learn a lot especially he is in the Land of the Best Defense Techniques in the world!:D

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
1. is disputeable.. .he's called him up before

2. toulanan is a MUCH better passer which is y he starts

3. Possible, though fabiano is a much more natural #9 CF w/ strength

Domench doesnt like players who play in Italy (Frey should be their #1)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saying is something and doing something else ;)

Let Pato contribute in defense in Milan which he could learn a lot especially he is in the Land of the Best Defense Techniques in the world!:D

Well, I am just going to trust Pato on this. Pato is speedy, has a decent header, don't know about his tackling, but he could really help if he wants to.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think this could be a strong Brazilian NT:
Robinho - L.Fabiano - Pato
Kaká
G.Silva - F.Melo
A.Santos - T.Silva - Lúcio - Maicon
J.Cesar​

Kaka' does'nt defend enough to fit into that system unless Robinho & Pato are suddenly going to defend it won't work.

Players like A.Santos & G.Silva would'nt get in apub side & would'nt get in the squads of most top countries. It is funny that Dunga plays them.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
My defense of NT team is..

Maicon..TSilva..Miranda..Aurelio
Hernanes..GSilva(Lucas)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i bet i could make a combine brazil/argentine/italy SNUB team which could beat any team in the world....

cassano--pato--zarate

riquelme

hernanes---cambiasso

santon--tsilly--samuel--rafinha

dida​
Dida has been retired from the national team since October 2006. Nice formation though.

centre said:
what? no anto? cmon its clearly a massive oversight that hes never been called up
Antonini has done nothing to warrant a call-up for Italy yet.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah but Pato should obviously be the second or at least third choice after Adriano, not getting overlooked in favour of losers like Nilmar.

Then, Dunga would get criticize for favoring stars over players that are actually on form. The whole point of the Dunga era is to erase the fiasco from 2006 where the Stars were playing despite being out of form.

Pato is a better player than Nilmar but Nilmar has outperform Pato on the national team.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Read his post again. Of course Pirlo doesn't belong. ;)
MY BAD ... just saw Milano posting a formation without Pirlo and was massively disappointed. Rushed through the post, I guess.
on the real:
who would have guessed T-Silly to impose himself so quickly? seems like since his first 'official' game he's looked 100% legit.
Like zZZz mentioned, Baresi gave his approval ... so I guess we should have been more confident about him. He's made a few errors, but overall, is turning out to be massive introduction.
I bet if Lucio played for Milan and Thiago Silva for Inter you wouldn't have thought so.
Yeah ... so what?!?!

Anyone playing next to Nesta will look good ;)
I think this could be a strong Brazilian NT:
Robinho - L.Fabiano - Pato
Kaká
G.Silva - F.Melo
A.Santos - T.Silva - Lúcio - Maicon
J.Cesar​
I've never thought high of Robinho. Sure, he's done well for Brazil, but of the few games I've watched of them, he isn't consistent enough. Certainly, I feel Pato on the left would produce more ...

----------------- Fabiano
-- Pato ---------- Diego ------------- Kaka'
---------- Melo -------- Silva/Lucas
Alves ---- TS ---------- Orangarrafe -- Maicon
----------------- Cesar

Only struck me now ... but all that talk about the Italian NT not being likeable because of the many JUVE players seems a bit out of context when the same people rave about a Brazilian side filled with Merda shits :D ;)

Antonini has done nothing to warrant a call-up for Italy yet.
I think he was being sarcastic.

Then, Dunga would get criticize for favoring stars over players that are actually on form. The whole point of the Dunga era is to erase the fiasco from 2006 where the Stars were playing despite being out of form.

Pato is a better player than Nilmar but Nilmar has outperform Pato on the national team.
Well said. In the end, its paid of for Dunga and Brazil. They are playing as a team, and not primarily on individual talent, which they used to in years gone by. A team will always be greater than individual talent.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Well Pato is on form. And its not that Nilmar or Adriano are better workers. If anything Adriano is a star and was also one of the worst performers in 2006, why call up him then? Its obvius Dunga has some grudge about Pato, maybe because he left his beloved Internacional like that.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Anyway, who are we to complain?

Both Pato and Silva get more rest + are at less risk of getting injured. I'm certainly not complaining ...

Forza Dunga :D

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Getting called would be a deserved reward for Pato and Silva's performances, Dunga refusing to do that as if he is trying to say they aren't playing good or arent good enough, thats unjustified

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
atm only fabiano is at pato's level. kaka, robinho, elano and many others play bad. hell i'd take ronnie over robinho even kaka atm. silva is also in nice form, he should def play WC next year.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
its about recognition and our three Brazilians deserve to get that from Duncega.

M

MassterMark

and he finished, like i saw in last 5 minutes :D

how did he play?

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
TS Played very well tonight, he proved for Dunga his assets and Important.

I hope he does not hurt or suffer from minor Left Knee injury.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mine was quite attacking, true.

I've never thought high of Robinho. Sure, he's done well for Brazil, but of the few games I've watched of them, he isn't consistent enough. Certainly, I feel Pato on the left would produce more ...

----------------- Fabiano
-- Pato ---------- Diego ------------- Kaka'
---------- Melo -------- Silva/Lucas
Alves ---- TS ---------- Orangarrafe -- Maicon
----------------- Cesar

I was thinking also about dropping Robinho the last 24 hours. If D.Alves plays leftback well, he can go there. Not sure if Brazil should start both Diego and Kaká though.

L.Fabiano
Pato - Kaká - Elano
G.Silva - F.Melo
D.Alves - T.Silva - Lúcio - Maicon
J.Cesar​

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TS Played very well tonight, he proved for Dunga his assets and Important.

I hope he does not hurt or suffer from minor Left Knee injury.

Is his left knee havin any issues :conf: :(. Why did u say that ?

I could not see the game. But, most of my friends here support the Brazilian NT and many of em were seeing Silva playing for the first time and were raving about his performance which was pleasing to hear :).

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thiago was immense tonight, had the England forwards in his pocket for 90 minutes and he was so good that even allowed Lucio to venture forward lol.

But damn Nilmar proved me wrong. He was a constant danger on the left with his pace but partly because Wes Brown is such a lousy defender. I'd still choose Pato ahead of him but Nilmar probably gained a lot of confidence in Dunga now and will be hard to displace.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
yeah, aslong as pato doesn't play. the other players will and convince dunga. this is what im afraid of. pato really should go to the world cup, he's better than nilmar in nearly if not all aspects but never gets picked even if in better form, it's really quite wierd.

the problem is dunga picks players based on the formation, but to be true either pato or dinho could play really well at the LW position for them, and pato could be a much better striker than luis fabiano.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
"Thiago Silva - 8 - A man of the match performance at the back, proving on top of any challenge that came his way from England's front line, and not afraid to bring it out from the back when required, either."

happy for him!:cool:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Great game by Thiago.

For sure.. beetwen the 11 on the WC.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
yeah, aslong as pato doesn't play. the other players will and convince dunga. this is what im afraid of. pato really should go to the world cup, he's better than nilmar in nearly if not all aspects but never gets picked even if in better form, it's really quite wierd.

the problem is dunga picks players based on the formation, but to be true either pato or dinho could play really well at the LW position for them, and pato could be a much better striker than luis fabiano.

Of course he will go... don't worry :)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Of course he will go... don't worry :)

i doubt it with that huge twat dunga in charge. adriano, nilmar, robinho, fabiano are all in front of him despite him beign better than all of them except maybe robinho.:o

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Is his left knee havin any issues :conf: :(. Why did u say that ?

I could not see the game. But, most of my friends here support the Brazilian NT and many of em were seeing Silva playing for the first time and were raving about his performance which was pleasing to hear :).

TS has suffered from pain in his left Knee yesterday but he continued playing to the end, although he was limping at his left foot.

M

MassterMark

happy for tsilva.

but pato should go to wc.
in dunga's reality he can be after fabiano, robinho & nilmar, but not after adriano & baptista :mad:

btw, what position did brazil have???

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
happy for tsilva.

but pato should go to wc.
in dunga's reality he can be after fabiano, robinho & nilmar, but not after adriano & baptista :mad:

The problem of Pato that he is not going back to defense as Robinho, but Dunga prefer Robinho cause he has more experiences in the field comparing to Pato; If you asked ME I would choose Pato Blindly over Robinho.

M

MassterMark

The problem of Pato that he is not going back to defense as Robinho, but Dunga prefer Robinho cause he has more experiences in the field comparing to Pato; If you asked ME I would choose Pato Blindly over Robinho.

but i would play WITH: robinho...fabiano...pato

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players

The problem with Pato is that he never responds well in NT.
He will get another chance before the WC.. i hope he take it. Diego probably will have another chance too.

Schedule