The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This team doesn't need ass kicking, it needs to do basic tactics right.

Van Gaal is the type of coach that can break the tam farther. Like he did at ManU.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
If a coach sees their players falling down like toddlers each time they get touch d by the opponent, he should kick their ass. (Figuratively)

With Van Gaal it’s all or nothing. He could do well or he could do as you imply.

Then again that’s the case with almost all coaches.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I know that there is a lot of pressure on this squad. Even though I felt like we could have perhaps better used our money, surely this is not the most that this squad is capable of.

I really hope the squad shows something in Genoa game, otherwise Montella is gone.

In that case we're better off losing. The sooner this turds out of Milan the better.

Re squad. I watched Lazio beat Nice 3-1 away with a second string line up playing great team football. There's no way Lazio's first choice line up is even better than ours. This squad has huge potential to win games playing great football under the right coach.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
“Some of our key players don’t feel confident enough right now to try that extra move or audacious idea. We need to get them to play with more joy and freedom from pressure."

Lol piss off Fraudtella. Multi-millionaires (some of whom are earning 6m+ annually) shouldn't need a hug and kiss to kick a ball straight. Tell that to Atalanta/Lazio/Sampdoria who's players earn peanuts yet still win games playing attractive football.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
If we don't beat Genoa and he's still here, then it's utterly ludicrous.

I had hope for Montella and thought he could turn it around for longer than a lot of people here, but there's just nothing there. We look like Brocchi's Milan, except with less possession and players having no idea who their teammates are.

Did he do well last season? Yes, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

While he is doing shockingly so far this season.

We should be destroying each of these EL teams and have won against every non-direct rival domestically at least. Instead we play insipid, lazy football and have lost half of our matches.

Usually there are 2 reasons to keep a poor performing coach - the results are still there but the play is shit, or the results aren't but the play is good. Montella at the moment is getting no results and we're playing like a bunch of amateurs, and that's after spending 230m on rehauling the team and significantly improving effectively every position. We bought world-beaters, talented young players, players who can make an impact right away and it looks instead like we've just been promoted.

No excuses. He should be gone now, but I have absolute belief that we'll lose to Genoa.

:star::thumbsup:

99% agree but let's stop perpetuating the myth that Montella did will last season. He achieved the results expected given the squad at his disposal. He was also made to look good because both Inter/Fiorentina underperformed. The only manager who significantly overachieved was Gasperini and arguably Inzaghi.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
petkovic over sousa, not even a debate

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I actually think Sousa has the highest ceiling, but he would be too similar to Montella.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Petkovic or Sousa for me.
Fuck mazzari's anti football tactics.

There's a chance that F&M are waiting to see if Switzerland lose the playoffs

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:star::thumbsup:

99% agree but let's stop perpetuating the myth that Montella did will last season. He achieved the results expected given the squad at his disposal. He was also made to look good because both Inter/Fiorentina underperformed. The only manager who significantly overachieved was Gasperini and arguably Inzaghi.

Agreed :thumbsup:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Anyone who suggests Mazzari as a reasonable option loses credibility instantly.....you cannot be serious

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
I actually think Sousa has the highest ceiling, but he would be too similar to Montella.

I read an article a while ago about Sousa's coaching style. What was said about him, and specifically in comparison to Montella, is that he makes use of his possession while Montella generally has wasted possession (the article was written a couple of years ago, looks like there's something Montella hasn't changed in his game)

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fact: The deal was closed in 2 days. Which means Montella had 2 days max to understand the situation.

My point: 2 days are never enough to study a player, let alone a player who would make you change your entire formation. Therefore, Montella asked for Bonucci = bullshit.

More fact: Montella has switched between back 3 and 4 more than once this season trying to accommodate Bonucci , does seem like he's done his homework, has he?

Now, either counter my point or fuck off. Stop referring to reports in which Montella had all the reasons to tell the truth.

The only one who did a good job in the summer was Li, he managed to spend 200m on this team. FM fucked up but get all the undeserved credit.

CALM DOWN, you can’t play all summer 433 and desert the most important position with wingers. Let Naing go, get an arm chair and not get proper winger. Having a proper AM then play him at cm.
Making kessie looks like a worse version of bakaye so is every summer signing and every achiever from last year. Every player is looking bad under his guidance right now.

Lucci respresnts several milan players now including bonucci and Montella, it does not take rocket science to figure it out. Mirabelli and fassone to blame here too.

There is no recovering from this condition, we need an experienced care taker and we need to realize that our season is over. No 4th place or UEFA cup shit.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CALM DOWN, you can’t play all summer 433 and desert the most important position with wingers. Let Naing go, get an arm chair and not get proper winger. Having a proper AM then play him at cm.
Making kessie looks like a worse version of bakaye so is every summer signing and every achiever from last year. Every player is looking bad under his guidance right now.

Lucci respresnts several milan players now including bonucci and Montella, it does not take rocket science to figure it out. Mirabelli and fassone to blame here too.

There is no recovering from this condition, we need an experienced care taker and we need to realize that our season is over. No 4th place or UEFA cup shit.

:eek:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirabelli: We didn’t step on to the field against Sampdoria, we only really started after 70 minutes with Roma and did not step on to the field in the first half against Inter.

Montella: I have a splendid personal rapport with Massimo. I do not agree that we didn’t step on to the field in the first half against Inter, nor with Sampdoria. I think Milan deserve great credit for dominating Roma for 70 minutes.

:lol::lol::fp:

Montella needs to stop making it seem like everything is okay
:fp::fp::fp:

“It’s a complicated moment, but if we had won then there would be a very different enthusiasm. The team played its game, the opposition was rather locked down and it became difficult as time wore on,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

Is this fucking guy ******ed?? No shit if you would have won we would be happy. Thats really such a fucking stupid thing to say. For fucks sake you need to take responsibility for these shit ass perfromances

Willy Sagnol

Thomas Tuchel

Big Sam :proud:

Out of those 3, Tuchel NAOW

I’d be happy with S.Inzaghi

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
would love taarabt here right now

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A big name Manager would instantly turn this team around, Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Del Bosque.

Just the fact that someone like that is on the bench, will make the players work harder immediately. And maybe they will actually respect them more, because right now I'm sure the players are getting just as impatient as us with Montella.

Bonaventura already pissed, and all we've ever heard about Bona throughout his career here is that hes professional, hard working, humble etc.

You're onto something there

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mazzarri > Sousa > Petkovic in that order pls

only petkovic
and i m not sure he ll be good enough to be more that a caretaker

but then again inzaghi has achieved great things in lazio
that being said if he comes tommorow morning in milan with that squad, i cant guarantee that he ll do much better than montella

you guys need to realize that its not just the coach and players problem..
otherwise allegri wouldnt perform as he did with jube, ses wouldnt be reasonable good enough with roma etc etc etc

I know that there is a lot of pressure on this squad. Even though I felt like we could have perhaps better used our money, surely this is not the most that this squad is capable of.

I really hope the squad shows something in Genoa game, otherwise Montella is gone.

i think more that this is a transition phase
the players obtained are a good basis for the future
all of us were excited to sign rr, musa, silva, biglia, bonucci, kessie
but none of them is game changer.at least yet

all we need is to spend same amount(sales included) but on 3-4 game changers.esp in the attacking/creative department.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

JaggedDaringAmethystinepython.gif

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
reports of chelsea players complaining about conte's training methods being "too harsh"

I think there's a good chance conte will leave chelsea before christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule