The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ancelotti needs to come home already. He's been teasing us for years

Sousa - attractive football with Fiorentina
Puel - Did well with Monaco, okay at southampton
Mazzari - serie a experience, didn't do bad at watford. 352 preferred
Pardew - Great manager for 1 season, relegation the 2nd season.
Ryan Giggs - He fucks his brothers wife
David Moyes - He can sign Fellaini and give Congo massive boners
Laurent Blanc - Not terrible
Luis Enrique - had good ideas at Roma
Massimo Oddo - Played great football with Pescara in serie B, didn't follow up in Serie A

This is realistically the managers available right now. Ancelotti I didnt add because he said he wanted to take a break. Out of those I guess I could live with Enrique, Oddo, Blanc, Sousa, maybe Mazzari as a careteker.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Felipe Anderson isn't even that good. Overrated. You forgot to mention Luis Alberto who Inzaghi has developed quite well. It comes down to the quality of their coach. Looks like Pippo had the better playing career and Simone will have the better coaching career.

Alberto's good but not as good as Suso. But that's my point about having a quality manager. They bring our the best in every player which is why Lazio's second team beat Nice away yesterday playing great football. Same as what Gasperini did last season with a squad full of Serie B/Primavera players.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
No way. He played horribly yesterday and I only noticed him due to the sheer number of passes he misplaced. De Vrij would walk into our squad and Bastos would be a good rotational player. Better than the likes of Zapata/Paletta that's for sure.

Romagnoli's playing like shit but truth be told so is everybody else. His dip in form is just symptomatic of the teams underperformance. If Bonucci (best CB in the world according to Guardiola and current Ballon d'Or nominee) and Biglia (Lazio's captain and best player) are playing like shit we can't expect more from the youngsters.

romangoli has been average/shit for 3 seasons, no coach in the world will make him an athletic talented cb.

if you're as slow as mertesacker with montella, you're as slow as mertesacker with conte.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Massimo Oddo - Played great football with Pescara in serie B, didn't follow up in Serie A

This is realistically the managers available right now. Ancelotti I didnt add because he said he wanted to take a break. Out of those I guess I could live with Enrique, Oddo, Blanc, Sousa, maybe Mazzari as a careteker.

Oddo just got hired by Cagliari.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
sousa finished 8th with fiorentina

puel came from nice, not monaco.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

There is one other man available..."the godfather" of caretakers...

160124-060-Everton_Swansea-640x360.jpg

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score

Tuchel?

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Alberto's good but not as good as Suso. But that's my point about having a quality manager. They bring our the best in every player which is why Lazio's second team beat Nice away yesterday playing great football. Same as what Gasperini did last season with a squad full of Serie B/Primavera players.

He's better playing behind the striker in a 3-5-2 though. That's the position he's currently playing and Suso hasn't been able to adapt to.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
romangoli has been average/shit for 3 seasons, no coach in the world will make him an athletic talented cb.

if you're as slow as mertesacker with montella, you're as slow as mertesacker with conte.

Romagnoli is the most overrated defender in the world. 0 improvement compared to his Sampdoria days.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Ibrahimovic as player-manager?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Watford at least draw vs Chelsea this weekend and I think that may get Conte fired. All the rumors out of England say he's almost out. That should solve our manager issue haha.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte is the guy whether that will be soon (if he gets sacked) or in the summer.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i would take hiddink till we get conte, he always does this 1 season wonder thing.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
:flame: to people hoping we draw or lose next game just so Montella gets fired

y'all keep fapping to conte's hair piece.. i'm gonna stand by my team and hope for that 30-game undefeated run

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
It's obvious what the problem is and it's a mental issue. The players are afraid to take risks and play naturally. Our creative players have turned into Keisuke Honda, seeing an opening but deciding not to pass out of fear losing possession, only to lose possession without doing anything useful with the ball.

The only way around this is with confidence and unfortunately you only get that if you win. We need luck and we haven't had that in a while.

There are a few things that really piss me off, though.

Why are we ALWAYS playing short from the back with Donnarumma? He's not good with his feet and it's always a gift to the other team. Why does Bonucci insist on ALWAYS playing a long ball even when there's nobody making a good run? We have a midfield that can dominate possession, why bypass that?

Only way forward is to keep playing it simple, being united and hoping for a bit of luck to help us win and gain confidence. Sacking Montella won't fix things, same as how it didn't fix anything in the past five years.

Unless we get Conte, but we won't anytime soon.

I have to agree with this. The mental block of playing for a big team with pressure seems to be getting to these inexperienced but talented players. Montella took a Fiorentina team with 17 of the 26 players arriving that summer and had them playing cohesive fluid football very quickly.

We have a similarly talented group of players here with as much quality, with a couple tactical holes albeit (lack of proper ss/winger players, lack of well rounded mids) so this team should be functioning far better than it is currently.

Clearly the pressure of playing for Milan is getting to these players, and this can happened with young inexperienced, but talented young players.

I like Montella’s tactical adjustments and choices in general (although I disagree with his lineups from time to time) and he tends to recognize patterns and issues in game and adjust to it.

I think he is a decent man manager in the sense that he knows how to motivate the bigger players to perform (like how he dropped Bacca last season to get him fired up), but he isn’t sure how to get the less sure of themselves (the inexperienced) playing well and getting out their comfort zone.

To change him for anyone other than Ancelotti or Conte now would be fooldhardy (You know, proven winners with track records of victories, and fantastic man managers not 3rd place finishes and a mighty Coppa Italia win). Yes the team may get a short term boost, but we can stick ourselves with complaining, whining overrated coaches who never take responsibility for themselves and constantly blame their players or boards for their failures - like Mazzarri and Mancini who really haven’t achieved fuck all (including Mancini who only won with Inter due to Calciopoli, which got him a move to city who he barely won the PL on the last day competing with one of the worst Manure sides of the last 5 years)

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“The fans have every reason to jeer. We are a great team, but we’ve got to prove it. I don’t have the words. We’ve got the quality, we need to prove it on the field and try not to disappoint our fans.

“We are struggling to score at the moment and must be more clinical. The secret is to work har and better times will come.

“What we say in the locker room stays in the locker room. We are all united. We must try to improve and win.”

Locatelli :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Vincenzo Montella reportedly met Milan directors Massimiliano Mirabelli and Marco Fassone a third time on Thursday.

According to Premium Sport, the trio met after Milan’s goalless draw with AEK Athens to discuss the club’s situation on the pitch.

However, the broadcaster did not give an indication as to whether the Coach’s position was under any immediate threat.

The Rossoneri return to action on Sunday against Serie A strugglers Genoa.

you know what they say, third time is a charm.

Antonio Conte has rubbished rumours of unrest in the Chelsea dressing room. “I don’t know about this.”

The Times reported on Friday that Chelsea’s players were unhappy with Conte’s excessive training methods, amidst a run of poor form, but Conte made it clear there was no issue.

“I don't know about this,” the former Juventus and Italy boss said at a Press conference.

“When you play every three days, it’s impossible to work on the tactical aspect and physical aspect.

“I think we are paying less attention in every detail.”

seems that conte sacking is not going to happen anytime soon enough.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vincenzo Montella reportedly met Milan directors Massimiliano Mirabelli and Marco Fassone a third time on Thursday.

According to Premium Sport, the trio met after Milan’s goalless draw with AEK Athens to discuss the club’s situation on the pitch.

However, the broadcaster did not give an indication as to whether the Coach’s position was under any immediate threat.

The Rossoneri return to action on Sunday against Serie A strugglers Genoa.

you know what they say, third time is a charm.

Antonio Conte has rubbished rumours of unrest in the Chelsea dressing room. “I don’t know about this.”

The Times reported on Friday that Chelsea’s players were unhappy with Conte’s excessive training methods, amidst a run of poor form, but Conte made it clear there was no issue.

“I don't know about this,” the former Juventus and Italy boss said at a Press conference.

“When you play every three days, it’s impossible to work on the tactical aspect and physical aspect.

“I think we are paying less attention in every detail.”

seems that conte sacking is not going to happen anytime soon enough.

PR 101, managers are never going to say there are any issues. Look at Montella the past few weeks. All he does is say he is happy with the team's performance and smiles haha.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have to agree with this. The mental block of playing for a big team with pressure seems to be getting to these inexperienced but talented players. Montella took a Fiorentina team with 17 of the 26 players arriving that summer and had them playing cohesive fluid football very quickly.

We have a similarly talented group of players here with as much quality, with a couple tactical holes albeit (lack of proper ss/winger players, lack of well rounded mids) so this team should be functioning far better than it is currently.

Clearly the pressure of playing for Milan is getting to these players, and this can happened with young inexperienced, but talented young players.

I like Montella’s tactical adjustments and choices in general (although I disagree with his lineups from time to time) and he tends to recognize patterns and issues in game and adjust to it.

I think he is a decent man manager in the sense that he knows how to motivate the bigger players to perform (like how he dropped Bacca last season to get him fired up), but he isn’t sure how to get the less sure of themselves (the inexperienced) playing well and getting out their comfort zone.

To change him for anyone other than Ancelotti or Conte now would be fooldhardy (You know, proven winners with track records of victories, and fantastic man managers not 3rd place finishes and a mighty Coppa Italia win). Yes the team may get a short term boost, but we can stick ourselves with complaining, whining overrated coaches who never take responsibility for themselves and constantly blame their players or boards for their failures - like Mazzarri and Mancini who really haven’t achieved fuck all (including Mancini who only won with Inter due to Calciopoli, which got him a move to city who he barely won the PL on the last day competing with one of the worst Manure sides of the last 5 years)

All do respect, I'm not a big fan of Mancini but he has won a lot more than Montella ever has or probably will. As for Montella, it comes down to results just like every other club. He doesn't get the results he should be sacked. Look at Bayern. They didn't wait around to fire someone the stature of Ancelotti and they were far from the mess we are in. Yet Fassone and Mirabelli keep waiting for the results that may never come.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As reported by Manuele Baiocchini of Sky Sport, in the event of poor performance against Genoa, Vincenzo Montella will be relieved from the post. The first substitute names are those of Paulo Sousa and Prandelli, with Gattuso as a possible internal solution. Leadership, however, would want to avoid an exemption because it would mean scraping and losing 4 months of work. The goal would be to confirm Montella until the end of the season and then chase Antonio Conte.

Isn't Prandelli managing in Dubai?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.