Ronnieboy will

• Total voters

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Ronaldo hypothesis withdrawal

Ronaldo hypothesis withdrawal

05/26/2010 21:30 by Francesco Quintavalle

In Brazil, at a press conference for his sponsor, the former phenomenon does not exclude a possible withdrawal. "My body is asking me to stop. I'm getting old," said Ronaldo, speaking of his future. The career of the former AC Milan striker, 34 next September, has been punctuated by injuries, some of them serious. The 'Phenomenon', however, has always managed to recover and return to the playing field even at discrete levels. In the last two seasons, Ronaldo has returned to play in Brazil with Corinthians shirt. His continued physical troubles could force him to end his career a year ahead of the expiry of his contract in 2011.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
The King still reigns supreme

Top 15 World Cup Goalscorers Of All Time
Who's found the net the most?
By Subhankar Mondal
Jun 1, 2010 10:29:00 PM
18Share
Buzz It
Ronaldo - Brazil (Getty Images/Bongarts)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Ronaldo - Brazil (Getty Images/Bongarts)
Related Links
Teams

* Argentina
* Brazil
* England
* Germany
* Italy

Players

* Ronaldo
* Christian Vieri
* Miroslav Klose

With the World Cup just under under two weeks away, Goal.com runs down the Top 15 finals goalscorers of all time…

Please note: players level on the same number of goals are separated by their goal-to-game ratio...

15) Vava (Brazil) - 9 goals (1958,1962)

The late Brazilian centre-forward was part of the Brazilian squads that won the 1958 and the 1962 World Cup finals. He scored a total of nine goals in ten matches in those two editions.

Vava scored twice in the final of the 1958 World Cup against Sweden and four years later struck once against former Czechoslovakia in the final in 1962. The late Brazilian legend became the first player to score in two different World Cup finals.

14) Christian Vieri (Italy) - 9 goals (1998, 2002)

Vieri was a goalscoring machine at the peak of his power and struck nine goals in just nine appearances at the World Cup finals. In 1998 the 36-year-old scored no fewer than five times for his nation and found the oppsotions' goal on four occasions in the 2002 World Cup.

Vieri missed the 2006 World Cup because of injury and has already retired from football altogether, with many claiming him to be the best pure goalscorer Italy has produced in recent times.

13=) Eusebio da Silva Ferreira (Portugal) - 9 goals (1966)

Eusebio originally hailed from Mozambique but he played for Portugal at the national level. The now 68-year-old played in just the 1966 England World Cup but his exploits in the competition will forever be remembered.

Eusebio scored nine goals in just six matches in the 1966 World Cup and more importantly took his nation to the semifinals of the competition. His best performance in a Portugal came in the quarterfinals against North Korea in which the European side were 3-0 down. Eusebio decided to take sole control of the proceedings to strike four times to win the match 5-3 and to take his side to the semis.

13=) Ademir Marques de Menezes (Brazil) - 9 goals (1950)

Ademir featured in just one World Cup but it was a near-success. Brazil eventually lost to Uruguay in 1950 but the late former striker scored nine goals in just six matches. Ademir won the Golden Boot in the 1950 World Cup and entertained the spectators with his pace, shooting abilities, sublime finishing and strength.

Ademir never featured in another edition of the World Cup but he is already engraved in history.

12) Grzegorz Lato (Poland) - 10 goals (1974, 1978, 1982)

Lato scored seven of his ten goals at the 1974 World Cup and won the Golden Shoe in that competition. Poland finished third in the competition.

The former Poland winger scored twice in the 1978 World Cup in Argentine and added one more goal to his tally four years later to help his nation finish third in the 1982 World Cup.

11) Miroslav Klose (Germany) - 10 goals (2002, 2006)

Klose found the back of the net five times in the 2002 World Cup and all of his goals came from headers. His goals ascertained than a previously unfancied Germany team reach the final of the World Cup.

In the 2006 World Cup, Klose scored five more goals and led his side to the semifinals of the competition in front of his own supporters. The 31-year-old will get his chance to move higher up in the ranking as he is part of the Germany team for the 2010 World Cup.

10) Teofilo Cubillas (Peru) – 10 goals (1970, 1978, 1982)

The greatest Peruvian of all time, Cubillas was the inspiration behind his country’s run to the quarter final in 1970. He rose to stardom with his performance in Mexico and scored in all of Peru's matches.

Cubillas scored a memorable goal against Scotland eight years later in Argentina and helped his nation to the quarterfinals. The 61-year-old struck a total five times in the 1978 World Cup. However, he couldn't do anything of note in the 1982 World Cup.

9) Gary Lineker (England) – 10 goals (1986, 1990)

Gary Lineker is one of the greatest footballers England has ever produced and topscored at the 1986 World Cup with six goals, still the only England player to do so. Indeed, Lineker helped his country reached the quarterfinals of the competition.

Four years later the former Barcelona striker struck four times in the 1990 World Cup as England advanced to the semis.

8) Gabriel Batistuta (Argentina) – 10 goals (1994, 1998, 2002)

Legendary Argentine striker with a bullet of a right foot, Batistuta is one of the best ever strikers not to have won the World Cup. At his peak during the 1994 and '98 editions, 'Batigol' was a class apart.

Batistuta scored an opening game hat-trick against Greece and scored one more. Four years later in France the Argentine striker scored yet another hat-trick, this time againstJamaica. As a veteran in the 2002 World Cup in Japan/South Korea, Batigol failed to do anything of note.

7) Helmut Rahn (West Germany) – 10 goals (1954, 1958)

‘The Cannon from Essen’ is best remembered for scoring twice in the 1954 final against Hungary. Moreover, he also played a huge role in creating the equaliser against the Hungarians.

Four years later in Sweden Rahn was again a star. He scored against the former Yugoslavia, becoming the first player ever to score at least four goals in two different World Cups. West Germany would reach the semifinals in the 1958 World Cup.

6) Jurgen Klinsmann (Germany) – 11 goals (1990, 1994, 1998)

Klinsmann was a prolific striker who excelled in three straight World Cups and forged an impressive partnership with Rudi Voller. The German legend who would later go on to coach his nation to the semifinals of the 2006 World Cup held in his home nation scored three goals in the 1990 World Cup as West Germany would win the competition.

Four years later in the 1994 World Cup in the USA, Klinsmann found the target on five occasions and in 1998 scored thrice, becomingthe first player ever to score at least three goals in each of three World Cups. Klinsmann still remains second all-time in World Cup goals scored by a German.

5) Sandor Kocsis (Hungary) – 11 goals (1954)

Like Just Fontaine further down this list, Kocsis only played in one World Cup but was a key player in the magnificent Hungary team of 1954, scoring in every game apart from the shock final defeat to West Germany.

Kocsis also scored two hat-tricks in the 1954 World Cup. One was against South Korea in Hungary's opening game of the competition and in the next game against Germany he struck four goals.

4) Pele (Brazil) – 12 goals (1958, 1962, 1966, 1970)

‘The King’ burst onto the scene as a 17-year-old in 1958, scoring twice in the final win over Sweden. He missed a large part of the 1962 World Cup but still scored against Mexico. However, Pele couldn't do much in the 1966 World Cup as he was brutally fouled by the opposition defenders.

But one of the greatest footballers of all time returned with a bang in the 1970 World Cup when he scored against Italy in the final as the South Americans won 4-1.

3) Just Fontaine (France) – 13 goals (1958)

The legendary French striker only ever played in one World Cup, but he remains to this day the top-scorer in a single tournament with 13 as France finished third in 1958.

In fact, Fontaine featured in just six matches at the 1958 World Cup. One of his memorable feats include scoring four times against the then defending champions West Germany in 1958. Needless to say, he won the Golden Boot in the competition.

2) Gerd Mueller (West Germany) – 14 goals (1970, 1974)

Arguably the best penalty box striker of all time, Muller hit 10 as West Germany finished third in the 1970 World Cup. He was a sensation in that competition and made himself a household name with his performance in that competition.

Four years later in the 1974 World Cup, Mueller scored four times as West Germany lifted the prestigious trophy. The 'Bomber' scored the winning goal in the 2-1 victory over the Netherlands in the final.
89772hp2.jpg

1) Ronaldo (Brazil) – 15 goals (1994, 1998, 2002, 2006)

The legendary Brazilian won the 1994 World Cup when he was still a teenager. Four years later he was the centre of the Brazilian side that reached the final of the 1998 World Cup final.

The legendary Brazilian will forever be remembered for his comeback in the 2002 World Cup in which he scored no fewer than eight goals despite suffering with injuries for months. He scored twice in the final against Germany to lead the Selecao to glory.

Ronaldo also struck for Brazil in the 2006 World Cup but couldn't lead his nation to triumph in Germany.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Now I'm really sad Pato doesn't play WC, he could've made a beginning in his attempt.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
how come ademir and eusebio get an 13=)

but from Rahn down to Lineker it just goes 7) 8) 9)

??

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Ronaldo has ”Tweeted” a message of support for his attacking compatriots ahead of their World Cup 2010.

If any player ever needed extra motivation to perform in a World Cup, a personal message like this would put financial bonuses right into perspective. Ronaldo is held in the highest esteem by his peers and the attacking trio will have read the message proudly from the man who set the Selecao benchmark.

“16 years later I know exactly what you are all feeling. It was the first of my four World Cups. Even on the bench, I felt great emotion and I even got to lift the trophy with everyone and with our captain.

In ‘98, we gave everything. Luck wasn’t with us. It wasn’t our year.

2002 was though. I had just recovered from serious injury, but I returned to be part of the family, to play with my brothers. And, in the final, I managed to score 2 goals. World Champions! For the fifth time!

In 2006, one single goal ended our dream to be champions for the sixth time. But now you’re there, now you have this chance.You have everything to add a star to our chest.”

(To Kaka’) Number 10, my brother, you’re a genius. Believe in yourself.

(To Fabiano) Warrior, you’re better than the rest. I know you’re going to honour the number 9, which you’ve taken over, which is now yours.

(To Robinho) Kiddo, go on, show what you can do. Make them dance.

After Tuesday there’ll be only 6 games to the final. I know what I’m talking about, because, the only better feeling than the first game, is lifting the trophy. Come on boys! Let’s bring back what’s ours. Even from afar, I’ll be following you all the way.”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/ronaldo-tweet-to-luis-fabiano-the-number-9-is-yours-now/57104/

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Ronaldo has ”Tweeted” a message of support for his attacking compatriots ahead of their World Cup 2010.

If any player ever needed extra motivation to perform in a World Cup, a personal message like this would put financial bonuses right into perspective. Ronaldo is held in the highest esteem by his peers and the attacking trio will have read the message proudly from the man who set the Selecao benchmark.

“16 years later I know exactly what you are all feeling. It was the first of my four World Cups. Even on the bench, I felt great emotion and I even got to lift the trophy with everyone and with our captain.

In ‘98, we gave everything. Luck wasn’t with us. It wasn’t our year.

2002 was though. I had just recovered from serious injury, but I returned to be part of the family, to play with my brothers. And, in the final, I managed to score 2 goals. World Champions! For the fifth time!

In 2006, one single goal ended our dream to be champions for the sixth time. But now you’re there, now you have this chance.You have everything to add a star to our chest.”

(To Kaka’) Number 10, my brother, you’re a genius. Believe in yourself.

(To Fabiano) Warrior, you’re better than the rest. I know you’re going to honour the number 9, which you’ve taken over, which is now yours.

(To Robinho) Kiddo, go on, show what you can do. Make them dance.

After Tuesday there’ll be only 6 games to the final. I know what I’m talking about, because, the only better feeling than the first game, is lifting the trophy. Come on boys! Let’s bring back what’s ours. Even from afar, I’ll be following you all the way.”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/ronaldo-tweet-to-luis-fabiano-the-number-9-is-yours-now/57104/

Pretty good message .So tomorrow Brazil play who again ?

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Long vid but totally worth it if you have the time.....also in just these clips from ONE season Ronaldo scores 4 headed goals :cool:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Ronaldo: "Felipe Melo should not spend your vacation in Brazil ...".

Ronaldo: "Felipe Melo should not spend your vacation in Brazil ...".

02/07/2010 20:07 by Francesco Quintavalle
Source: repubblica.it

The "Phenomenon" has got some good premature elimination of his country with Holland and cursing Felipe Melo had influenced the game in a decisive way: "Felipe Melo should not spend your vacation in Brazil ...". And 'the Board of Ronaldo dela Juventus midfielder after the removal of Brazil from World Cup.

The Phenomenon of Melo from much of the blame of ko. Lost 2-1 in a match against the Netherlands, Apple was the absolute protagonist negative, giving the opponents 1-1 with an own cover 1-2 and being expelled for a foul naive.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il' Fenomeno Retains his title

Grazie Il' Fenomeno,

...for being who you are and even thought this World Cup will not be graced by your majestic presence, you still remain THE RECORD WORLD CUP GOALSCORER :proud:

Indeed Fenomeno we can count your contributions to the game with actual literal numbers and not some vague abstract description of your purpose as so many others depend on for prominence.

If Klose manages to break your record next World Cup I will applaud him... But for now you remain Solidly at the top as the GREATEST EVER. Indeed people will continue to hate....despite the fact that you've had goals called back such as the other goal vs. Ghana which the replays show was totally onside. No oh great one...they will focus on the own goal that was given to you...as if others like Sneijder etc don''t get own goals credited to them :rolleyes:. They have ALL been rooting against you dear kind sir but I've maintained my confidence in TRULY the best player ever to kick the ball. Brazil obviouly couldn't cope without your majestic talents and this is clear for the world to see.

Love forever
Drucurl
xoxoxoxoxo

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Anyone remember me posting a compilation here saying it was one of the best? Maybe not posting but only saying it was the best one? I'm curious ...

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Ronaldo: "Klose is great, too bad could not play" 11/07/2010

Ronaldo: "Klose is great, too bad could not play"

11/07/2010 13:00 Frederick Gambaro
Source: sportmediaset

5762b430a4ff948015b3934ee7927289-40054-1278839909.jpeg

© Photo Image Photo Agency

The back pains have stopped the run-scorer in the history of the World by Miroslav Klose.

The German could not play the final for the 3rd-4th place against Uruguay, unable thus to increase his tally of 14 goals in the final stages of the competition.

The record for Ronaldo to share 15 goals, resist, but nevertheless praised the former AC Milan and the German admitted that it had no problem or pain when Bayern striker had wrought his score: "Congratulations to Klose, is fantastic , sin that could not play. Contrary to what one might think, what did I have never bothered, I my story I wrote, now is the time to have others do it. "

Respect :star:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
blah he doesnt even give a fuck about record:proud:

see thats why he is the greatest scorer in the world and haters can fuck off :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who's the little dude? Pie-eating contest winner?

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Who's the little dude? Pie-eating contest winner?

the son of one of the greatest footballer and the greatest football women.

who would ever thought that ?

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Boy's got the best footballing genes in the world. Plus he's taller than Messi already. Sign him up! :D

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
How old is his son? Does he play football and is he any good? Any info?

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
He plays in the youth categories in some Real Madrid feeder club back in Spain. He can't possibly suck with all that footballing heritage. :D

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
He plays in the youth categories in some Real Madrid feeder club back in Spain. He can't possibly suck with all that footballing heritage. :D

I heared he suck. He's kind of nerd who stays home all day eating potato-chips infront of computer.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I heared he suck. He's kind of nerd who stays home all day eating potato-chips infront of computer.

And where have you heard that, school gossip?

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And where have you heard that, school gossip?

dont take it that personally..

i saw a documentary. + too lazy to convince u.

dont believe, search it urself/

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
dont take it that personally..

i saw a documentary. + too lazy to convince u.

dont believe, search it urself/

No really. Now I'm interested but can't find it. Honestly, its not that far fetched, the kid has something nerdy about him really, but I heard him and Zidane's boy were playing together in some of Madrid's affiliates lower sections.

Whoops too late we signed him already. :D

ronald-020109-1.jpg

ronald-020109-3.jpg

Schedule