CL Round of 16: AC Milan (2) vs Manchester United (3) - 16/02/10

Reaction score
Ofc but not the point ,were going to come out guns blazing and fuck`em up .Seriously why are you guys afraid of a team that will play a open game and doesn't have players to bully us out of the game like Chelsea for example ?

If we control the tempo and we can do that if our players are at there best ,were going to crush them.

Man Utd NEVER i repeat NEVER play open games in knockout rounds in Europe, especially away. We pack three in the midfield usually with Rooney on the wing, berbatov up front and probably Valencia other wing. Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick midfield.

Reaction score
Oh and about the Kaka thing. Vidic 1) was nowhere as good in 07 as he is good now. 2) He had just come back from a 2 month injury that game and i admit he was awful

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
can we stop arguing an debating.

let's wait to the matches and see what happens.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Man Utd NEVER i repeat NEVER play open games in knockout rounds in Europe, especially away. We pack three in the midfield usually with Rooney on the wing, berbatov up front and probably Valencia other wing. Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick midfield.

Dude word to the wise : learn to quote and not the double post .And i seem to remember u played right into our passing game at San Siro.As for your midfield the only one im scared of is Fletcher rest wont pose ant treat .

Reaction score
It wasn't to do with our tactics at the San Siro methinks. More to do with the fact our backline was something along the lines of

-Fletcher--Vidic(just injured)--Brown--O'shea. Absolutely shocking to say the least.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
People lets not argue over something so far away. there are a lot of games to play before this and the form of either side could be very different when the time comes. also the transfer window could put a different reflection on the formation and form of either side. what i'm saying is i am looking forward to it and hope milan's form is top notch it will have to be. not just because its Man Utd it could have been anyone regardless of who it turned out to be i would have wanted to see Milan on top form. i hope to see Milan dominate both legs of the game as they did in the second leg of 2007. come february i hope for good things Forza Milan ;)

i'll have to think about another visit to the San Siro in the new year was there in 2005 when Hernan Crespo scored, couldn't make the second leg in 2007 but thoroughly enjoyed watching on Tv something to plan towards.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
are you an absolute moron.... its round of 16

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Crespo's header starts at 2:54

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
what date is the return leg in manchester????

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Its weird.. but i miss crespo.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Ofc but not the point ,were going to come out guns blazing and fuck`em up .Seriously why are you guys afraid of a team that will play a open game and doesn't have players to bully us out of the game like Chelsea for example ?

I asked because of the horrible grammar and you should know thgere's only one team in Europe who has the authority of wearing Diavolo on it's crest and it's not ManU. This has been proved 4 times yet the eideots don't get it.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
SEMIFINALE - Andata
8 maggio 1958, Manchester United vs Milan 2-1

MANCHESTER UNITED vs MILAN 2-1
Reti: 24' Schiaffino, 39' Viollet, 80' rig. Taylor

MANCHESTER UNITED: Gregg, Foulkes, Greaves, Goodwin, Cope, Crowther, Morgan, Taylor, Webster, Viollet, Pearson - All.: Busby
MILAN: Buffon, Fontana, Beraldo, Bergamaschi, C. Maldini, Radice II, A. Mariani, Bredesen, Schiaffino, Liedholm, Cucchiaroni - All.: Viani
Arbitro: Helge

uff18_1958.jpg

uff19_1958.jpg

uff55_1958.jpg

SEMIFINALE - Ritorno
14 maggio 1958, Milan vs Manchester United 4-0

MILAN vs MANCHESTER UNITED 4-0
Reti: 2' Schiaffino, 50' rig. Liedholm, 68' Danova, 76' Schiaffino

MILAN: Buffon, Fontana, Beraldo, Bergamaschi, Zannier, Radice II, Danova, Bredesen, Schiaffino, Liedholm, Cucchiaroni - All.: Viani
MANCHESTER UNITED: Gregg, Foulkes, Greaves, Goodwin, Cope, Crowther, Morgan, Taylor, Webster, Viollet, Pearson - All.: Busby
Arbitro: Busch

uff118_1958.jpg

uff119_1958.jpg

uff120_1958.jpg

uff121_1958.jpg

SEMIFINALE - Andata
23 aprile 1969, Milan vs Manchester United 2-0

MILAN vs MANCHESTER UNITED 2-0
Reti: 33' Sormani, 49' Hamrin

MILAN: Cudicini, Anquilletti, Schnellinger, Rosato I (82' Maldera I), Malatrasi, Trapattoni, Hamrin, Lodetti, Sormani, Rivera (22' Fogli), Prati - All.: Rocco
MANCHESTER UNITED: Rimmer, Brennan, Fitzpatrick, Crerand, Foulkes, Stiles (88' Burns), Morgan, Kidd, Charlton, Law, Best - All.: Busby
Arbitro: Krnavec

uff24_1969.jpg

uff26_1969.jpg

uff28_1969.jpg

SEMIFINALE - Ritorno
15 maggio 1969, Manchester United vs Milan 1-0

MANCHESTER UNITED vs MILAN 1-0
Reti: 70' Charlton

MANCHESTER UNITED: Rimmer, Brennan, Burns, Crerand, Foulkes, Stiles, Morgan, Kidd, Charlton, Law, Best - All.: Busby
MILAN: Cudicini, Anquilletti, Schnellinger, Rosato I (46' Santin), Malatrasi, Maldera I, Hamrin, Lodetti, Sormani, Rivera, Prati - All.: Rocco
Arbitro: Machin

uff31_1969.jpg

uff30_1969.jpg

uff58_1969.jpg

OTTAVI DI FINALE - Andata
23 Febbraio 2005, Manchester United vs Milan 0-1

MANCHESTER UNITED vs MILAN 0-1
Reti: 78' Crespo

MANCHESTER UNITED: Carroll, G.Neville (35’st Silvestre), Ferdinard, Brown, Heinze, Keane, Scholes, Fortune (35’st Saha), Ronaldo (17’st Van Nistelrooy), Giggs, Rooney
A disposizione: Howard, P.Neville, Silvestre, O’Shea, Saha, Smith, Van Nistelrooy All. Ferguson

MILAN: Dida, Cafu (41’st Costacurta), Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pirlo (38’st Ambrosini), Seedorf, Kakà (45’st Serginho), Rui Costa, Crespo
A disposizione: Abbiati, Costacurta, Ambrosini, Dhorasoo, Serginho, Tomasson All. Ancelotti

1157_big.jpg

1158_big.jpg

1162_big.jpg

OTTAVI DI FINALE - Ritorno
8 Marzo 2005, Milan vs Manchester United 1-0

MILAN vs MANCHESTER UNITED 1-0
Reti: 61' Crespo

MILAN: Dida, Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini, Gattuso (43’st Costacurta), Pirlo, Seedorf, Kakà, Rui Costa (40’st Dhorasoo), Crespo (33’st Ambrosini).
A disposizione: Abbiati, Costacurta, Dhorasoo, Ambrosini, Serginho, Tomasson, Inzaghi. All. Ancelotti

MANCHESTER: Howard, Brown (40’st Smith), Ferdinand, Silvestre, Heinze, Keane, Scholes, C. Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs (12’st Fortune), Van Nistelrooy.
A disposizione: Carroll, O’Shea, P.Neville, Miller, Fortune, Smith; Bellion. All. Ferguson

1241_big.jpg

1243_big.jpg

1249_big.jpg

SEMIFINALI - Andata
24 Aprile 2007, Manchester United vs Milan 3-2

MANCHESTER UNITED vs MILAN 3-2
Reti: 5' Cristiano Ronaldo, 22' e 36' Kaka', 58' e 90' Rooney

MANCHESTER UNITED: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Brown, Heinze, Evra, Giggs, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney.
A disposizione: Kuszczak, Richardson, Eagles, Dong, Lee, Solskjaer, Smith All. Ferguson

MILAN: Dida, Oddo, Nesta, Maldini (1' st Bonera), Jankulovski, Gattuso (8' st Brocchi), Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Kaka', Gilardino (39' st Gourcuff sv).
A disposizione: Kalac, Cafu, Favalli, F. Inzaghi. All. Ancelotti

6871_big.jpg

6873_big.jpg

6875_big.jpg

SEMIFINALI - Ritorno
2 Maggio 2007, Milan vs Manchester United 3-0

MILAN vs MANCHESTER UNITED 3-0
Reti: 11' Kakà, 30' Seedorf, 78' Gilardino

MILAN: Dida, Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski, Gattuso (39' st Cafù), Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Kakà (40' st Favalli), Inzaghi (20' st Gilardino). All. Ancelotti

MANCHESTER UNITED: Van Der Sar, O'Shea (30'st Saha), Brown, Vidic, Heinze, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, C. Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney. All. Ferguson

6953_big.jpg

6933_big.jpg

6960_big.jpg

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
In the blog 'Campos dos Sonhos' have all this games against Manchester for download.
The ones from the 50' and 60' i think is only compacts of 45 or 50 min.

The teams used to play in 2-3-5 squeme.

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
10-03-2010

shit!!! how u know that for sure australiano??? was hopin it was on d nxt wk cos i wana go to it but dont think i can go on 10/3/10 cos of work :mad:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
call uefa.. see if they could change the date for you.

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
call uefa.. see if they could change the date for you.

well if the fuckers wouldnt replay the Ireland france match dey'll hardly do much for me this time either. looks like im gona have to use my first ever sick day :D

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This is true, this style has become their hallmark for years. Decisive games are always their home games.

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if i get a ticket for the return leg in manchester do you think i will be able to get into the Milan end on "the sly" or is there no chance of gettin into the Milan end without a ticket for that section?

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
are you an absolute moron.... its round of 16

no shit sherlock !!! you don't say we have just come out of the group stage so obviously its the last 16.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Defense wise i think on paper our's is a little better and we have a little more substitutes than Milan do. I'd say Vidic is on par, maybe slightly better than Nesta now. I'm no way saying that Nesta is bad, in fact a prime Nesta is probably the fourth best defender i've ever seen, behind Beckenbauer, Baresi and Costacurta.

Nice long post... didn't read it all though... I stopped reading when you said vidic is better than nesta and that beckenbauer, baresi, and costacurta was the best defenders ever. Great defenders, even fantastic but you forgot Maldini! Big mistake in a milan forum when talking about defenders... not gonna take you seriously until you apologise to all of us

Im really blazed right now...

Last edited:

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Really? Is that why we dominated Inter Milan home and away for 180 minutes, the same team which is currently untouchable in Serie A for the past 3 or four years?

is that why for the past 3 years in the champions league 3 of the four semi finalists have been an English club? is that why you were beaten 2-0 by England's FOURTH BEST club that year? Surely if we're pathetic that wouldn't happened.

Do you watch the premier league? Rio is one of the paciest defends in the league. Would you really take those 3 players over Rooney in a blink of an eye? Have you ever seen Rooney play? Doesn't score much goals!?@ Rooney is top assists in PL. Second top scorer and is the centre to most of our attacks.

who gives a fuck for inter...

CL is in milans dna..

anyway prepare to loose...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol tbh Dida used to be excellent now IMO he is a bit fat and shocking lol. Some really ******** mistakes...Abbiati used to be decent, what happened to him?
Fat? On the contrary. Dida could hula-hoop through a Cheerio. It's age more than anything.

Abbiati was excellent until Favalli accidentally reduced his knee to Shredded Wheat last March. He hasn't played since.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
EXCELLENT draw!!!!

as long as we keep possession, i'm confident we'll be able to beat them.

i can see ronaldinho+pato pretty much fucking the shit out of their shit.

i can see thiago silva having his way with the feminine berbatov all night long.

i foresee ambrosini/flamini acting unkindly and un-politely towards the unfortunately scottish darren fletcher.

i foresee leonardo's youth/charm/handsomeness causing ferguson to feel conflicted emotions...attraction(sexual) mixed with jealousy.