The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probably saying what everyone already knows about our failure so far this term.... The problem is that we bought 11 players.. all have a lot of potential and talent, but all we really needed were a few top choice signings...

We needed 1 top class striker, 1 wide player (2 after selling niang last minute), 1 top class midfielder, 1 side back, and 1 top class CB.... that's 5 players... 5... instead we go out and buy 11... individually I can't say they weren't all good players and good signings but we needed a few greats not a bunch of potentials. Kessie, Conti, and Silva were solid signings as far as the potential goes. But Biglia was overpriced and not worth it, Kalinic is a classy player but we all know Belotti is the one Milan needed to get... Borini has been a good workhorse and depth player but a signing that would have never been needed if we hadn't made consistently shit sales (i.e. - SES)... calhanoglu is a talented player but he cannot be called upon to carry the team the way kaka could.. calhanoglu would have been great in a team that is already solid and he could slot in, but in this team he will be hit or miss because the squad is not consistent enough for him to learn to synchronize with player movements well enough.

All is not doom and gloom though because we truly have some quality players here and we can make this squad work, but it is going to take time, especially after 11 signings... I just hope that we either land Conte or Ancelotti or we hold on to Montella until season's end.. I see no point in replacing Montella with another like-for-like coach just to switch things up... either get a top class coach or keep him.

Disagree, 1 midfielder wouldn't be enough. I agree that we bought too many players but buying a new midfield is a decision I support 100%, the need for more quality there was just too big.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The number 1 reason why we are in this position is because we didn’t sign a LW. It is the reason why montella changed the formation, a formation he prepared for the whole summer + last season.

F&M fucked up big time

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The number 1 reason why we are in this position is because we didn’t sign a LW. It is the reason why montella changed the formation, a formation he prepared for the whole summer + last season.

F&M fucked up big time

going with 4-3-3 and spending 45m from bonucci to a top lw :thumbsup:

but again everyone in the summer was exctatic about bonucci

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about the need to have a WC forward. I look at Immobile and Dzeko as examples of forwards who were pretty much written off and not wanted as transfer targets by anyone on this forum because they flopped a season or two ago. Our problem is midfield and wingers. I would guess Silva, Kalinic, Cutrone, etc. would do just fine and scoring many goals if we brought quality players in those departments. We may have brought in Biglia, Kessie, Calhanoglu, but that's not enough in the midfield that needed a massive overhaul even with our reserves. And we didn't even touch the issue with our wingers this summer. A majority of our transfer budget between January and the summer should go toward quality midfielders and wingers. Add Conte or an experienced manager and we should be fine going forward to the base that was already created this summer. We also still need to get rid of more deadwood like Abate, Antonelli, Montolivo, Mauri, Paletta, Gomez, Zapata.

Although if the opportunity arises next summer, I would try for Belotti or Aubameyang again. I think both of them are destined to leave their respected clubs next summer.

Last edited:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
The difference between us and others is midfield.. it's pretty simple

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

F&M fucked up big time

I'd say Conti's injury is the #1 reason why we are in such deep shit. We lack pace down the left for sure...but at least we had along the right. With Conti out, We've got Abate, who's still fast but pretty shit at everything other than marking his man....or Calabria who's pretty shit in general with a marginal upside offensively.

The second reason is Bonaventura's injury and then shit form. He's the only player who can do what he can on the left...but he's taking his own sweet time (it's understandable at his age tbh) in getting back into the groove.

Suso being a disaster at CAM is #3. The whole experiment of playing him behind the strikers failed for some inexplicable reason.

then of course Bontella's response to events 1-3 has been absurd.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about the need to have a WC forward. I look at Immobile and Dzeko as examples of forwards who were pretty much written off and not wanted as transfer targets by anyone on this forum because they flopped a season or two ago. Our problem is midfield and wingers. I would guess Silva, Kalinic, Cutrone, etc. would do just fine and scoring many goals if we brought quality players in those departments. We may have brought in Biglia, Kessie, Calhanoglu, but that's not enough in the midfield that needed a massive overhaul even with our reserves. And we didn't even touch the issue with our wingers this summer. A majority of our transfer budget between January and the summer should go toward quality midfielders and wingers. Add Conte or an experienced manager and we should be fine going forward to the base that was already created this summer. We also still need to get rid of more deadwood like Abate, Antonelli, Montolivo, Mauri, Paletta, Gomez, Zapata.

Although if the opportunity arises next summer, I would try for Belotti or Aubameyang again. I think both of them are destined to leave their respected clubs next summer.

This is quite harsh, these guys are hardly deadwoods and all play a role and add squad depth.

We are not doing badly because of the so-called deadwoods, rather our manager cannot figure out a system to get the best out of our starters.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
All the talk about options to replace Montella(short term) Can Mirabelli really be relied upon not to squander any more available mercato money in January? both are currently weak links.

We need a top coach for next season, we also need the club management on the same page.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Probably saying what everyone already knows about our failure so far this term.... The problem is that we bought 11 players.. all have a lot of potential and talent, but all we really needed were a few top choice signings...

We needed 1 top class striker, 1 wide player (2 after selling niang last minute), 1 top class midfielder, 1 side back, and 1 top class CB.... that's 5 players... 5... instead we go out and buy 11... individually I can't say they weren't all good players and good signings but we needed a few greats not a bunch of potentials. Kessie, Conti, and Silva were solid signings as far as the potential goes. But Biglia was overpriced and not worth it, Kalinic is a classy player but we all know Belotti is the one Milan needed to get... Borini has been a good workhorse and depth player but a signing that would have never been needed if we hadn't made consistently shit sales (i.e. - SES)... calhanoglu is a talented player but he cannot be called upon to carry the team the way kaka could.. calhanoglu would have been great in a team that is already solid and he could slot in, but in this team he will be hit or miss because the squad is not consistent enough for him to learn to synchronize with player movements well enough.

All is not doom and gloom though because we truly have some quality players here and we can make this squad work, but it is going to take time, especially after 11 signings... I just hope that we either land Conte or Ancelotti or we hold on to Montella until season's end.. I see no point in replacing Montella with another like-for-like coach just to switch things up... either get a top class coach or keep him.

donna
conti-musa-roma-ricrod
kessia-loca-hakan
suso-silva-bona

fixed our team from last season.. we should be ok like this..

then they add bonucci to play with 3 defenders and unfixed everything turning into worst.

when montella goes, dont know if i want fassone and mirabelli going along with him.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I'm still very happy with the work F&M have done so far but those manager links of Mazzari, Sousa and Gattuso would be awful.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
donna
conti-musa-roma-ricrod
kessia-loca-hakan
suso-silva-bona

then they add bonucci to play with 3 defenders and unfixed everything turning into worst.

when montella goes, dont know if i want fassone and mirabelli going along with him.

That's an Europa League type team at best and that's if everything clicks. Locatelli is really pushed here to be the future, but let him grow without pressure. Who knows how he will turn out. He may end up being like Cristante. I don't think he is anywhere close to giving the keys to take over a midfield. Especially that one you mentioned. Bonaventura has shown you can't rely on him with his recent injury history. In a champions league type team with ambition he is a rotation player at best.

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Should've bought Ronaldo

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
No hint of a contradiction :)

Work so far - the transfers made in summer. I'm happy with that.

Links with certain managers which isn't confirmed at this point so basically pure speculation. Not happy with but it hasn't happend or rather hasn't been confirmed yet.

So yeah, no contradiction there at all.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
01.11prosek2.jpg

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
not even depth, we don't have a single good lw

pre injuries bonaventura could have fulfilled the role, but ever since his constant injury problems it feels like his athleticism has dropped by 50%

Take Delofeu back in January and problem is solved

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We all need to be Man Utd supporters this weekend and hope they put a beat down on Chelsea. We need to start getting the paperwork ready for Conte.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
donna
conti-musa-roma-ricrod
kessia-loca-hakan
suso-silva-bona

in this formation i d agree
but hakan and bona should be replaced by wc players in january or in summer.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Montella:

"Maybe that stop did Bonucci well."

"We need positive results. I'm convinced we will bounce back if we keep working hard to win"

"I'm calm, I know the risks of this job but I have the support of the management. The club needs results and I do too"

#AEKACM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule