Week 22: AC Milan - Hellas Verona 02/02/2020 15:00 CET

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah, these kind of games even without Ibra or Bennacer are ones we have to be winning. More so versus 10 men for 25 min.

Jack + Calabria being trash doesn't help but we have so many chances that we couldn't take. Kept going for a cross to the middle of the box with no good headers, rather than playing into the box.
I'm not talking about that . Obviously those kind of matches are like 6 points game, evenmore when the other opponents struggle as well.

I'm talking more about my expectations and while doing so justifying them. I didn't know what to expect from us when missing the two most important pieces of our squad in regards of connecting defence and attack, covering and imposing at the same time. Given we didn't play a bottom half opponent on top of that but someone who could be even above us in the standings considered that they still have one game less to play... I was afraid of the worst.

That's why I'm saying I wouldn't have denied a tie when offered before the game given the circumstances.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
pioli tactics looks like choosing starting 11 and telling them to do their best.

there is zero progress on defending as a team and it is just next tragedy waiting to happen

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I missed the game, but I’m gonna pose some questions here. Why are we all panicking? Bc we had a bad game against a stingy team in the top half of the table? That’s it?

Pioli has the team about 7 points off of fourth place right now. Unbeaten since Kjaer and Zlatan came in(a decent number of games too, not just 2 or 3). Also ask yourself this. If we didn’t have that awful start under Giamapaolo, the team would at the very least be a couple points better off. Pretty safe to assume. So more or less Pioli has the team on the right pace in line with pre season expectations.

No, this is not a great team and it is flawed. But not great teams drop points every once in a while, if we didn’t we would be title contenders. Roma, Atalanta, they drop points too and they are our true competition. Milan won’t make 4th, pioli had to start too far behind. But as long as he can keep the team on a decent run, win more games than not, and pick up points at a competitive rate(something in like with 4th or 5th place over the course of a season) I’ll be happy. And right now they are playing like that. No reason to whine about a draw against a team in the top half of the table, not when the team has been winning finally. Get over yourself

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yup, in terms of squad quality, our position in the standings is somewhat justified.

I highly disagree with this. If your boy Giampaolo didn’t shit all over the squad in the beginning of the season, it’s common sense to assume we’d have 3,4,5 points more in the table even. We’d be around 5th place and right in top 4 contention at the rate Pioli has the team picking up points.

I don’t think this team is a top 4 team, but seriously, put 2 and 2 together. We are 7 or 8 points off our ideal spot despite starting with a coach who failed, was fired, and then appointing a new coach right in the middle of several difficult games in a row. If you don’t think the team would at least have a few more points you’re ignoring simple math and common sense

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao is not a ST. He's one of the softest players I've ever seen. He needs to be in space with the ball at his feet.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Found it a bit annoying that Maldini used this opportunity of a crap bench to force Pioli to give Daniel his debut. Priorities.

But hey that’s the kind of season it is.
Best. Post. Eva.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Leao bar Ibra is an LW (tried as an SS, didn't succeed), and Rebic (bar Ibra) should be an ST

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The players are afraid to hurt the ball when they shoot. So many impotent shots, there was no menace.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Found it a bit annoying that Maldini used this opportunity of a crap bench to force Pioli to give Daniel his debut. Priorities.

But hey that’s the kind of season it is.

I'm not sure if you're being serious...

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Leao, Bona, Theo, Hakan...all taking desperate shots from outside of the box, no brains or strategy

the only players that were actually making smart passes/decisions to set up real chances were Rebic and Castillejo

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao, Bona, Theo, Hakan...all taking desperate shots from outside of the box, no brains or strategy

the only players that were actually making smart passes/decisions to set up real chances were Rebic and Castillejo

Can’t really blame Hakan. He’s been rewarded with several deflected goals

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Have to say that Verona have been difficult to manage this year.
We weren't critical in front.
We missed Ibra/Benna/Kjaer.
The bench can't give options if future injuries strike.
I'm not going to start to bitch over the team, neither seek excuses but we had 1 point from a game we almost lost and these things can happen on a long run. Stay behind the team. Forza Milan :star:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Looks like yall need me to watch the matches after all

giphy.gif

blacki

Primavera
Reaction score
we droped 2 point, and next week we will drop another 3, and we will be -10 again. no chance we get in CL. if all first 11 players stays healty we will end on 6th place :fp:

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
we droped 2 point, and next week we will drop another 3, and we will be -10 again. no chance we get in CL. if all first 11 players stays healty we will end on 6th place :fp:

STFU Blacki. We are going to beat Inter 100%. Hand & Lutauro are out. Ibra is back in. We're going to beat dat azz

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
We will be looking back at this game as one of the prime reasons that we do not get into CL. MASSIVE opportunity today with Atalanta tie and Roma loss and Cagliari & Parma ties as well... these are the games that are crucial and we didn't have enough quality to win it.

As I was saying a few days ago, this mercato signified that we are not going for CL... Smart financial mercato but not a mercato that made any statements about really pushing for top 4. We have a SUPER thin roster and it showed today.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Well i guess the luck has run out, and the lack of a true DM has finally come to bite us in the ass.

Bennacer back won't improve us too much, the midfield still gets overrun by literally any team in Serie A, and probably Serie B as well.

The only way we will win games forward is if we outscore our opponents, i don't see us being able to keep a clean shit in the current conditions if our luck is not with us anymore.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yes, you didn't watch at all so we could not win :(

So i have to watch the match and then turn it off when we need a goal in the dying minutes?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
So i have to watch the match and then turn it off when we need a goal in the dying minutes?

yep, that's the rule

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Yes, you're a Milan fan that has to watch the game until you need to stop watching (when Milan are losing/ending in a draw) so that the team can win.