Carlo Ancelotti Thread

So, should Mourinho come to Milan?

• Total voters

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
^^ Again i dont contest what he achieved and i grateful for it ,but thats the problem he uses the same tactic that won us that,other teams have adopted to our style and know how to shut us down.

Anyway this discussion is rather pointless and it has been done in the last to year over and over again.I just hope that it wont be the case next season and whit him our whitout him i want Milan to win seria a.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Well if you just stated that point in the first place instead of trying to be a smart ass ffs... anyways I absolutely agree, although look at it from another perspective, what other formations can he play?... and besides why would you change a team who just dominated Intermerda a week prior?

We don't have much of a variety of players or players who can make an impact off the bench and IMHO Ancelotti shouldn't get the blame for some of the managements poor mistakes. HTH.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
MANCHESTER CITY, Shinawatra wants Ancelotti
11.05.2008 14.30 by Marco Gori Contact Marco Gori read 496
Source: Sky

Satellite channel Sky has confirmed the news concerning Manchester City interest for AC Milan trainer Carlo Ancelotti; it seems that, for the moment, the italian trainer has refused the 6 million Euros offer made by the british club.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though i hope its time for a change and ancelotti moves on... i wouldnt wish him to work under that thai dictator

M

MassterMark

napoli - ac. this game show all knowledge of this super coach. formation and so on....

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I'm with the people who want to give A. a decent shot at keeping his high standards. I mean, thats the least we can do for a coach who's won as much as Sacchi did. Give a decent bit of control, and lets see if he's the total shit most say he is.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
madtherchot said:
I'm with the people who want to give A. a decent shot at keeping his high standards. I mean, thats the least we can do for a coach who's won as much as Sacchi did. Give a decent bit of control, and lets see if he's the total shit most say he is.
So you do have a heart :proud: Keep it up sonny :o

Forza Carlo!!

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
MassterMark said:
napoli - ac. this game show all knowledge of this super coach. formation and so on....
Consider suicide
biggrin.gif

Twizzle

Primavera
Reaction score
Ronaldo9 said:
That kind of deep analysis is worth gold. So I suppose the universally praised Capello is also crap because he was kicked out of Madrid, and several other great coaches? Mourinho wasnt kicked out of Chelsea because he is not good, but because he had disagreements with the owner.

I have given up the thought of him coming to Milan, I'm 99% sure that Coward Ancelotti will continue at the position of Berlusconi and Galliani's lap dog.

yeah, I'm aware of the reasons why he left, and their disputes were only part part of it

earlier in the season Chelski were not playing well and sitting third below Manure and Arsenal by a fair margin. Now under a new manager they finished second and almost challenged for top spot two weeks ago and also are playing off for the CL final in Moscow.

doesn't really need to be deep analysis, does it ?

for what ever reason, they played better when he left

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Twizzle said:
doesn't really need to be deep analysis, does it ?

for what ever reason, they played better when he left
maybe it does. This results could be the post-effect of Muri's work. Much needed alternation of previously well working system. Its often like that... the next season will show us how much grant is worth and i wouldn't be surprised if he is sacked before winter break.

M

MassterMark

i think now chelsea is playing better and nicely football than on murinho's command. and i think this is work of grant, not muri.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
'better' is very subjective in that case.

Against liverpool first match there was no tactics. And he can only pray to god he had loads of luck with risse (payback from previous years). They also struggled in home matches lately, keeping hardly fought 1-0 till they get a goal in last minutes and throwing away the title.

Twizzle

Primavera
Reaction score
peters said:
maybe it does. This results could be the post-effect of Muri's work.

so he got better when he left

sorry, that doesn't compute with me

Much needed alternation of previously well working system. Its often like that... the next season will show us how much grant is worth and i wouldn't be surprised if he is sacked before winter break.

I know what you're trying to say, but I really think you're grasping at straws

Maybe he could be better after having a break from coaching, he could still be good for us with some fresh ideas.

If he wasn't any good, he would have never got the Chelski gig in the first place.

My gut feeling is, we'll never know, I don't think he will be with us next year.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You know what is a shock effect? Having parts of your body bleeding like hell but not felling anything? And when the shock wears off, it hurts like hell all of a sudden... how does that compute with you? Its a known thing in football, new coaches often bring immediate success but for a very short time. You may also call it a CHANGE, players trying to work hard in front of new trainer, adopting to new training progress, new roles...

I'm sure Chelsea with grant wont stand a chance at winning premiership or getting to final stages of CL next season. Quote me then :)

diavolessa88

Beginner
Reaction score
I read yesterday that there is possibility that Ancelotti replaces Donadoni as CT, in that case Donadoni would come in Milan, because they want only coaches who were part of family :rolleyes:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
anyone else see the multiple articles saying ancelotti remains on and is ordered to play a 4-2-3-1. This might suite kaka best, although it would leave multiple signings to be needed as i dont see.....

--------inzaghi---------
brocchi--kaka--emerson--

as the ideal players to execute

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Bes said:
Bring Jose.

yeah,he is one of the greatest coaches in today's football,and the best choice....

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
MassterMark said:

Get glasses or get brain!

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
At this point, I'd rather have Rijkaard than incompetent Carlo.

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
Ronaldo9 said:
At this point, I'd rather have Rijkaard than incompetent Carlo.
agreed

how abouT a swap
Ancelotti - Donadoni :conf:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
madtherchot said:
Believe it or not I am all 4 it.
Many times I said he isnt a bad coach but he is bad 4 Milan.
The thing is I just dont c it happening coz their is just 2 much feelings involved between him & the management + between him & the players.
I just dont c him pushing G&B 2 dig more in their pockets & I dont c em pushing him 2 rally the troops.
Also I dont c him benching Pirlo 4 example or giving Simic a shot.
Etc , etc ..........

But b sure that if I had the chance 4 him 2 handle the team 100% then I might not chose any other coach b4 he fuck it completely & he can never fuck it up completely or do wonders + get credit or blame 4 his bad times or achievements unless he is in full control.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i think ancelotti's approach isnt suited for a big club. Its more suited for a national team. He coaches too defensive. Perfect for azzuri.

But even last year winning champions league, i wouldnt say we were the best looking team, or even best team in tourney. we lucked out. We barely beat celtic we beat a bayern team in free fall. We only beat manU because they had massive injuries in back. I really think w/ there first choice defenders in they might not have lost. I know evra and vidic wouldnt have allowed that horrendous goal brown and heinze did.

you can see it in league. he doesnt have the balls to go out attacking and get a result against the lower tier teams in Serie A the way inter, roma do... or lets say ManU in the epl do. Say what you want about our lack of depth etc. There is no reason even an injured milan squad should be losing to the likes of atalanta, palermo etc etc etc

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Wild said:
Also I dont c him benching Pirlo 4 example or giving Simic a shot.
Etc , etc ..........
man, sometimes i just dont understand you... you go crazy when he plays useless oldies like emerson and brocchi but now you say players like simic should be given some playing time, isnt that hypocritical?

smartyin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Raul, Casillas, Santa Cruz, Gourcuff, Pato
by acmilan.com

Pato?
"Starting from next season Kaká will play as a second striker. It's an excellent solution, but there can only be a striker in front of him. Inzaghi's doing well right now, so Pato has to alternate with him."

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
smartyin said:
Pato?
"Starting from next season Kaká will play as a second striker. It's an excellent solution, but there can only be a striker in front of him. Inzaghi's doing well right now, so Pato has to alternate with him."

wheres that from?

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man City & Italy Fight Over Ancelotti

Both Manchester City and the Italian national team have made offers to Carlo Ancelotti to become their new coach, according to the Corrierre dello Sport.

Ancelotti still has two years to run on his current Milan deal, however he is expected to leave at the end of this campaign, following a disappointing season that looks likely to end in a failure to qualify for the Champions League.

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is certain to be shown the door any day now, and the club’s owner Thaksin Shinawatra is looking for a high-profile replacement.

Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has already been heavily linked, however the Corriere today claims that Shinawatra has offered Ancelotti a contract worth €6m net per season.

Shinawatra faces a tough task to persuade Ancelotti to take over at Eastlands, because the former midfielder has also reportedly been offered the job of the Italy national team.

Ancelotti has never hidden his desire to coach the Azzurri, and a swap deal is reportedly in place between Italy and Milan. Current Nazionale boss Roberto Donadoni would take over at Milan, leaving Ancelotti free to move the other way.

Donadoni was of course a world class midfielder with the Rossoneri during his playing days, and he would fit in nicely with Vice President Adriano Galliani’s preferred policy of employing Milanisti.

goal.com

Schedule