Videogames Thread

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Finally playing inFamous 2. Finished the first one with a platinum trophy a while back. This is the last PS3 game I will finish before moving on to the PS4. :)

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Anyone playing/wants to play Path of Exile?

The game that everything diablo 3 should have been but didnt even come close to.

I preferred Diablo 3, even though I just played a demo on Xbox.

PoE was meh...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Anyone playing/wants to play Path of Exile?

The game that everything diablo 3 should have been but didnt even come close to.

I had that game ever since it was in early beta. I agree that Diablo 3 was bellow expectations, but POE is just Diablo 2 with a bit updated graphics.

Skyrim online will come this spring, really curious about that. Till then il just continue to play LOL or FM.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Are you guys serious?

Their passive tree alone has more to it than what D3 had as a whole game. :o

And i think most hardcore D2 fans wanted D3 to be d2 with updated graphics.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
PoE has an insane skill tree.

snir.jpg

Never played any other Diablo but the best Dungeon Crawler I ever played was Dungeon Siege II.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Are you guys serious?

Their passive tree alone has more to it than what D3 had as a whole game. :o

And i think most hardcore D2 fans wanted D3 to be d2 with updated graphics.

Not really, most fans wants something better always. Blizzard until D3 and to a lesser extent Starcraft II always came up with something amazing that beat its predecessors.

That skill three is big, but is it amazing? No, and how could it be as it does not offer you a lot of diversity, just more of the same.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Diablo 2. :proud:

Might buy Diablo 3 for PS3, with New Year discounts and since there's really no new game I can't buy or borrow from a friend other than that.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
I've only played Diablo II single player a lot, multiplayer not so much. I did play the hell out of Diablo III though. I don't think I will get the Reaper of Souls expansion either. Kinda got bored playing it now. :(

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Finished inFamous 2. Was an amazing experience. Looking forward to play the new one on the PS4! :star:

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What is so special about "The Witcher" games? I never played one, though it does look interesting.

Me neither. But it looks so cool. :D

It's supposed to be a more mature Skyrim, in a smaller, more concentrated scale with a better story.

I really want to play Witcher 2 on the PC, but dat 15 GB download. :cry:

Yes, the Witcher games are RPGs, but they are not in the same vein as the open world Skyrim (which was boring to me half of the time). The third Witcher will be an open world rpg tho.

Even the first two differ.

The first one looks like this, it's an older game, 2007, I think, and is a mixture of Dragon Age and Jade Empire, two Bioware games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em2hok6v6ig

The combat is okay (liked it better in the second one), the story is far from the typical fantasy bullshit (more like dirty, brutal Martin than classical Tolkien). I'd recommend it to RPG fans and to everyone that want to play Witcher 2. Well, maybe you don't even have to play Witcher 1 for the second one, but it does help.

Now Witcher 2 is a beast game. I love the fact that there is an RPG game that is so limited, but so well done. Basically every decision could change something, but the best part is that at the end of one chapter you have a choice to make that can make a game totally different (so yeah, there are two paths to play), so you have to play it two times. The story has a lot to offer, half of the NPCs are memorable, graphics are cool, the tree for developing up is nice too, some fresh ideas,...

The game treats adult gamers as adults, and I'm amazed how everything makes sense, especially you see that when you have actually played both paths. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBXea1JvjAI

Just check this video. How would anybody who is an rpg fan, not be hyped by this. I wanna go play it again just watching it and seeing something I missed somehow before although I already played it twice.

So a big big yes for Witcher 2. The first one is good, but the second one is godly.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, the Witcher games are RPGs, but they are not in the same vein as the open world Skyrim (which was boring to me half of the time). The third Witcher will be an open world rpg tho.

Even the first two differ.

The first one looks like this, it's an older game, 2007, I think, and is a mixture of Dragon Age and Jade Empire, two Bioware games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em2hok6v6ig

The combat is okay (liked it better in the second one), the story is far from the typical fantasy bullshit (more like dirty, brutal Martin than classical Tolkien). I'd recommend it to RPG fans and to everyone that want to play Witcher 2. Well, maybe you don't even have to play Witcher 1 for the second one, but it does help.

Now Witcher 2 is a beast game. I love the fact that there is an RPG game that is so limited, but so well done. Basically every decision could change something, but the best part is that at the end of one chapter you have a choice to make that can make a game totally different (so yeah, there are two paths to play), so you have to play it two times. The story has a lot to offer, half of the NPCs are memorable, graphics are cool, the tree for developing up is nice too, some fresh ideas,...

The game treats adult gamers as adults, and I'm amazed how everything makes sense, especially you see that when you have actually played both paths. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBXea1JvjAI

Just check this video. How would anybody who is an rpg fan, not be hyped by this. I wanna go play it again just watching it and seeing something I missed somehow before although I already played it twice.

So a big big yes for Witcher 2. The first one is good, but the second one is godly.

The thing is that I am not really sure if I am going to like this type of game/setting. I will give it the benefit of the doubt though. I mean I never thought I'd like inFamous but I played both games a few times! :D

If I will finish Witcher 2? I can't promise. I will post here soon once I've played it for a bit. :thumbsup:

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Good. I'll be hoping my spreading of the Witcher 2 gospel will be successful.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Good. I'll be hoping my spreading of the Witcher 2 gospel will be successful.

I played it for a bit now. I must say it did surprise me in a positive way. I thought it would be like Skyrim, but it's really not. I usually dislike games with a linear path, but in Witcher it can't really bother me. Eventhough I can't really say I feel I'm in love with this game, it still leaves a mark.

I am going to keep an eye on Witcher 3 for sure. It may be one of the games I will get for PS4. :thumbsup:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I played and really enjoyed all the witcher games, can't wait for 3

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now that I finally own a PS4 (Knack bundle) I must say Knack is a quite awesome game. Didn't expect that at all. Really takes me back to my childhood, playing Crash Bandicoot or Rayman on he Playstation 1. :)

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Now that I finally own a PS4 (Knack bundle) I must say Knack is a quite awesome game. Didn't expect that at all. Really takes me back to my childhood, playing Crash Bandicoot or Rayman on he Playstation 1. :)

Congratulations on the acquisition of the Next-Gen! :thumbsup:

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Thanks man! <3 it.

I also bought NBA 2k14 today. First basketball game I ever bought. I don't know much about it so this is gonna be fun. :lol:

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I played it for a bit now. I must say it did surprise me in a positive way. I thought it would be like Skyrim, but it's really not. I usually dislike games with a linear path, but in Witcher it can't really bother me. Eventhough I can't really say I feel I'm in love with this game, it still leaves a mark.

Told you. It's linear, but yet, it's not. So many different choices along the way. Iorveth is boss.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
just dwnlded BF 1942 from origin website for free

brings back memories

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It's free? Nice. Will download. Bought it when it came out but a friend 'lost' it. Fucker.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

What's so ''Next-Gen'' about the 'Next-Gen' consule(s)?

Try giving me a solid argument.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'll give you an indisputable argument.

It's Next-Gen because it's the next generation of consoles.

:)

Okay, I know enough. What a pathetic world.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Okay, I know enough. What a pathetic world.

:lol:

---

There isn't really any innovation but the consoles are more powerful now. Which provides developers with more freedom.

So that's something to look forward to.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol:

---

There isn't really innovation but the consoles are more powerful now. Which provides developers with more freedom.

So that's something to look forward to.

Is it, really, or do we just want to look forward to it?

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Is it, really, or do we just want to look forward to it?
Wouldn't you prefer games with bigger worlds, more content, better physics, etc..?

Though the mass of processing power is probably going to be wasted on Graphics.. :lol: :fp:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wouldn't you prefer games with bigger worlds, more content, better physics, etc..?

Though the mass of processing power is probably going to be wasted on Graphics.. :lol: :fp:

Will that really be a waste?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Pedro, why so salty?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Console fan boys:lol::lol::lol:

My 2 year old pc is better then any console out there and will probably be better then any console in the next 2 years also.

Schedule