Cafu Thread

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
BMWTaylor said:
Cicinho pretty much kissed us off in order to jump to Madrid, so us not signing him is no fault of our own.
Uh MAN...am so sad about CICINHO and i`am little jelous to Real Madrod about haveing him and we not....so FUCK U CICINHO U ARROGANT ASSHOLE !! I WISH U TO NEVER PLAY and that DAMN CLUB!!!

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Cafu mystery for Milan Wednesday 4 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports that Marcos Cafu’s delayed return from Brazil could push him to leave Milan this month, while Clarence Seedorf warns there’s no room for error.

Full-back Cafu has been on compassionate leave after the Christmas break to be with his father through illness, which is said to be one of the reasons why he is looking for a return to his home club San Paolo.

That move was set to take place in the summer, but it’s now claimed he could walk out on the Rossoneri within the next couple of weeks.

Already struggling with recurring injuries to Paolo Maldini, Jaap Stam and Dario Simic, Milan must therefore reinforce their defence during the January transfer window.

The number one target right now is Lazio’s Italian international Massimo Oddo, but there could also be an ‘exchange’ with Cafu’s beloved San Paolo.

The Brazilian club has his natural replacement in a Milan jersey, Lugano, and might be able to tempt them into releasing Cafu early by handing over the younger version. Other options include Hertha Berlin man Simunic and Lyon star Cris.

Meanwhile, Seedorf has been talking up the troops ahead of Sunday night’s clash with Parma at San Siro.

“We must take our performance in the 3-0 win at Livorno as a starting point and maintain that level,” noted the Dutchman. “The Christmas break did us good, but we all know that we can’t afford any more slip-ups in Serie A this season.”

Carlo Ancelotti allowed a longer holiday than most for his players and Seedorf insists it has recharged their batteries.

“We must focus on every trophy available and we have the squad to achieve those targets. Since we returned from the break, I have seen a very different spirit in the locker room. We all want to do our best, starting with Parma and then Brescia in the Coppa Italia.”

source: Channel4.com

Cafu for Lugano? I fail to see their similarities. Cafu is an attacking fullback while Lugano is a central defender. If the rumor of Cafu leaving Milan to be with his family in Brazil is true, then I feel Milan will sign Lugano as a part of the deal and sign Zebina to replace Cafu. As for now its only a rumor.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Cafu mystery for Milan Wednesday 4 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports that Marcos Cafu’s delayed return from Brazil could push him to leave Milan this month, while Clarence Seedorf warns there’s no room for error.

Full-back Cafu has been on compassionate leave after the Christmas break to be with his father through illness, which is said to be one of the reasons why he is looking for a return to his home club San Paolo.

That move was set to take place in the summer, but it’s now claimed he could walk out on the Rossoneri within the next couple of weeks.

Already struggling with recurring injuries to Paolo Maldini, Jaap Stam and Dario Simic, Milan must therefore reinforce their defence during the January transfer window.

The number one target right now is Lazio’s Italian international Massimo Oddo, but there could also be an ‘exchange’ with Cafu’s beloved San Paolo.

The Brazilian club has his natural replacement in a Milan jersey, Lugano, and might be able to tempt them into releasing Cafu early by handing over the younger version. Other options include Hertha Berlin man Simunic and Lyon star Cris.

Meanwhile, Seedorf has been talking up the troops ahead of Sunday night’s clash with Parma at San Siro.

“We must take our performance in the 3-0 win at Livorno as a starting point and maintain that level,” noted the Dutchman. “The Christmas break did us good, but we all know that we can’t afford any more slip-ups in Serie A this season.”

Carlo Ancelotti allowed a longer holiday than most for his players and Seedorf insists it has recharged their batteries.

“We must focus on every trophy available and we have the squad to achieve those targets. Since we returned from the break, I have seen a very different spirit in the locker room. We all want to do our best, starting with Parma and then Brescia in the Coppa Italia.”

source: Channel4.com

Cafu for Lugano? I fail to see their similarities. Cafu is an attacking fullback while Lugano is a central defender. If the rumor of Cafu leaving Milan to be with his family in Brazil is true, then I feel Milan will sign Lugano as a part of the deal and sign Zebina to replace Cafu. As for now its only a rumor.
not Zebina :head:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MILANELLO: E' ARRIVATO CAFU
10/01/2006
MILANELLO - Marcos Evangelista de Moraes Cafu è arrivato circa un'ora fa a Milanello. Il campione brasiliano, come prima cosa, si è recato in sala da pranzo per salutare i compagni di squadra presenti in quel momento a tavola.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Finally, Cafu is back. I hope he starts performing now.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
God knows we need him on form, what with us leaking goals with increasing gratitude.

Cafu, one last great season mate, and then i'll say Merci wholeheartedly ;)

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Marcos Cafu has returned to Milan after an extended stay in Brazil and assures he never even considered leaving the club.

“I am very happy to be back and can’t wipe the smile off my face,” said the full-back who had been on compassionate leave after the Christmas break.

“My Father is feeling much better now and has been allowed home, even if his treatment is continuing. This was the best way to start 2006 after a difficult end to last year.”

The rumour mill was in full swing during Cafu’s absence, with many reports suggesting his family problems would push him to seek a permanent move to Brazil for Sao Paulo.

“Despite not knowing the reasons behind my absence, some people thought it opportune to write stories about me walking out on Milan,” he told the official club website.

“The only reason I was in Brazil was to be with my father and a quick call to either the Rossoneri or Sao Paulo would’ve clarified that. In truth, it was a week in which the team wasn’t training, so the Press needed something to write about.”

Cafu has been out of action for a couple of months with a recurring ankle problem and his absence has been sorely felt in a defence that leaked goals during Sunday’s spectacular 4-3 win over Parma.

“We just need to find consistency in Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia. I am trying to get back to match fitness and will see how I progress in training during the week.”

Cafu may be back at the Milanello training ground, but Christian Vieri has left for Monaco.

“We have made a real coup on the transfer market,” noted Monaco Coach Francesco Guidolin. “I am confident he’ll deliver the goods. Vieri is a great player who is eager to earn his spot in the World Cup squad and has everything necessary to achieve that.”

The Italian international lasted just six months at the San Siro, but found himself pushed on to the bench by Andriy Shevchenko, Alberto Gilardino and Filippo Inzaghi.

“Vieri gave up on a lot of money by coming here,” explained Guidolin. “He could easily have sat on the sidelines and picked up his pay cheques, but instead he wanted a challenge and to prove himself. He is the player we were missing.”

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Does anyone think Oddo is good enough to instead of Cafu ?

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Cafu: I never wanted to quit Milan
11.1 || webmaster

Source: Football Italia

Marcos Cafu has returned to Milan after an extended stay in Brazil and assures he never even considered leaving the club.

“I am very happy to be back and can’t wipe the smile off my face,” said the full-back who had been on compassionate leave after the Christmas break.

“My Father is feeling much better now and has been allowed home, even if his treatment is continuing. This was the best way to start 2006 after a difficult end to last year.”

The rumour mill was in full swing during Cafu’s absence, with many reports suggesting his family problems would push him to seek a permanent move to Brazil for Sao Paulo.

“Despite not knowing the reasons behind my absence, some people thought it opportune to write stories about me walking out on Milan,” he told the official club website.

“The only reason I was in Brazil was to be with my father and a quick call to either the Rossoneri or Sao Paulo would’ve clarified that. In truth, it was a week in which the team wasn’t training, so the Press needed something to write about.”

Cafu has been out of action for a couple of months with a recurring ankle problem and his absence has been sorely felt in a defence that leaked goals during Sunday’s spectacular 4-3 win over Parma.

“We just need to find consistency in Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia. I am trying to get back to match fitness and will see how I progress in training during the week.”

Cafu may be back at the Milanello training ground, but Christian Vieri has left for Monaco.

“We have made a real coup on the transfer market,” noted Monaco Coach Francesco Guidolin. “I am confident he’ll deliver the goods. Vieri is a great player who is eager to earn his spot in the World Cup squad and has everything necessary to achieve that.”

The Italian international lasted just six months at the San Siro, but found himself pushed on to the bench by Andriy Shevchenko, Alberto Gilardino and Filippo Inzaghi.

“Vieri gave up on a lot of money by coming here,” explained Guidolin. “He could easily have sat on the sidelines and picked up his pay cheques, but instead he wanted a challenge and to prove himself. He is the player we were missing.”

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Latest news on Marcus Cafu:

PARREIRA: 'Cafu is my captain'
2/9/2006
RIO DE JANEIRO - 'Cafu will play in the World Cup and he is my captain.' This is what Brazil coach Alberto Parreira had to say about the Milan defender and it seems Cafu will play in the friendly against Russia on March 1.[acmilan.com]

I'm so glad to hear that!!!I was hoping he'd play in the WC,his last one of course!Well done Cafu!Shut the critics up!And what do you think about Rivaldo? :eek: Never thought he could have chance...!

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Yuchen Li said:
Does anyone think Oddo is good enough to instead of Cafu ?
Yes, he is. You should've seen him play. He's a great man for that position. Of course Cicinho is even better, but you can't blame the guy for going to Madrid, if that's what he was been offered. I'm sure Milan didn't make any attemp to get him.:(

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
r3dman said:
Yes, he is. You should've seen him play. He's a great man for that position. Of course Cicinho is even better, but you can't blame the guy for going to Madrid, if that's what he was been offered. I'm sure Milan didn't make any attemp to get him.:(
Yes, a lot of people think Cicinho is good enough to instead of Cafu in Brazil foramtion. I think Oddo will not come to Milan, in fact, i think Milan should sell Cafu in last summer and get Oddo, but because Cafu is very excellent in some games, so Milan decide to ask Cafu stay in Milan and give up Oddo.:head: :head: :head:

But this season, becasue of injured and some other things, Cafu has a lot of problems..... But Oddo has 3 goals and 8 pass...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cafu to have knee surgery

Milan’s defensive problems have deepened with the news that Marcos Cafu will require surgery.

The World Cup winner has been struggling with a knee problem recently and scans have confirmed meniscus damage.

The veteran full-back, who has already had a campaign plagued by injury and personal problems, will go under the knife this week.

Cafu will be allowed to undergo the procedure in his homeland in the presence of Milan doctor Massimiliano Sala.

It’s unclear at this stage how long the South American will be unavailable for even if there are hopes that he could be back in action in about a month.

Milan haven’t had the easiest of times with regard to their rearguard, one which has been accused of simply now being too old.

Alessandro Costacurta and Jaap Stam, who will join Ajax in the summer, are well into their thirties and no longer guarantee the performances of the past.

Captain Paolo Maldini has also been missed this term after spending a lengthy spell on the treatment table.

Although the former Italian international is on the road to recovery, he’s eager to not rush his return – despite his club’s needs.

“Everything is fine with regard to my physical condition,” Maldini said on Monday. “I’ve been training with the squad for 20 days with few problems.

“However, now and again, I do feel a little bit of pain in my knee which won’t allow me to perform at my best.

“Let’s say that I am around 80 per cent right now, but in order to face Bayern Munich in the Champions League then I will need to be at 100.”

(Source: Football Italia)

Sheesh. When it rains, it pours. :head:

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Cafu has successfully undergone surgery and must now rest for 3-4 weeks.The wc is not at risk.[gazzetta]
Get well soon Marcos,we need you!!!!

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OFFICIAL A.C. MILAN ANNOUNCEMENT
2/16/2006
MILAN – A.C. Milan have announced that the arthroscopic surgery that Marcos Cafu underwent today in Brazil on his left knee was successful. The operation was performed by Dr. Runco, who is the doctor for the Brazil national side. He was assisted by Milan’s Dr. Massimiliano Sala. Tomorrow, Cafu will start a period of recovery.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score

Marcos Cafu believes knee surgery will add years to his career and that his injury problems are behind him.

“After the tempest comes the rainbow,” smiled the Milan star who has struggled with fitness worries and his father’s illness.

“These last four months have been terrible for me, but these problems have made me stronger. I will take part in my fourth World Cup, but my heart is beating as if it were my first.”

There were reports that the Brazilian would end his career at Sao Paolo, but the 34-year-old has no intention of hanging up his boots yet.

This week Milan doctor Massimiliano Sala stated that the former Roma man can play another eight years considering his overall fitness levels.

“It’s good to have this constitution. How about I play another decade instead of just eight years?” he joked.

Cafu went under the knife in Rio de Janeiro to correct a knee problem, but also had surgery on his nose and throat to ease his breathing.

“I am now a new man and soon I will be able to literally fly on the football field!”

Meanwhile, there was good news for Milan, as Oliver Kahn is an injury doubt for Tuesday’s Champions League clash. “I still feel pain in my thigh, but I want to play at all costs. We’ll see what happens,” said the Bayern Munich goalkeeper who suffered a deep cut to his right leg.

--------------------------------------------------------

Eight more years..... :eek: :eek:
And it's good that Kahn is injured...:D Meowww

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
pipa said:

Marcos Cafu believes knee surgery will add years to his career and that his injury problems are behind him.

“After the tempest comes the rainbow,” smiled the Milan star who has struggled with fitness worries and his father’s illness.

“These last four months have been terrible for me, but these problems have made me stronger. I will take part in my fourth World Cup, but my heart is beating as if it were my first.”

There were reports that the Brazilian would end his career at Sao Paolo, but the 34-year-old has no intention of hanging up his boots yet.

This week Milan doctor Massimiliano Sala stated that the former Roma man can play another eight years considering his overall fitness levels.

“It’s good to have this constitution. How about I play another decade instead of just eight years?” he joked.

Cafu went under the knife in Rio de Janeiro to correct a knee problem, but also had surgery on his nose and throat to ease his breathing.

“I am now a new man and soon I will be able to literally fly on the football field!”

Meanwhile, there was good news for Milan, as Oliver Kahn is an injury doubt for Tuesday’s Champions League clash. “I still feel pain in my thigh, but I want to play at all costs. We’ll see what happens,” said the Bayern Munich goalkeeper who suffered a deep cut to his right leg.
So this means he is coming back to Milan next season?

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sivlE said:
So this means he is coming back to Milan next season?
No, he has to stay on the pitch for about 3 weeks only. He still can play in CL and Seria A this if lucky enough.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pipa said:
Eight more years..... :eek: :eek:
And it's good that Kahn is injured...:D Meowww
Eight years?? Whoever made that comment, he can come back down to Earth when he's ready.

And if Kahn sits out and we beat Bayern, all the "Oh-because-Kahn-didn't-play" claptrap will make itself heard loud and clear. :rolleyes:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope we will have a new RB next season. I don't think Cafu should be a RB in our formation, maybe he is a good bench, but i hope we can find a new one insteaf of him as soon as possible.

I watched some highlights of Milan's games in 2003-2004, Cafu is so excellent in that season, but today...... There is an old Chinese :" age doesn't allow body ".

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:
Eight years?? Whoever made that comment, he can come back down to Earth when he's ready.

And if Kahn sits out and we beat Bayern, all the "Oh-because-Kahn-didn't-play" claptrap will make itself heard loud and clear. :rolleyes:
Age is only a number. Have you seen how often Cafu runs up and down the field? Probably does more running than any other player on the park.
Aslong as he is consistent and plays well for Milan thats all I care about couldn't give a fuck about his age. That applies for any player. Age is a statistic that is useless.

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan defender Cafu has expressed his desire to remain at the club.

The Brazilian defender’s contract expires in June, and although he previously suggested that he would return to his native country to finish his career, he seems to have had a change of heart.

"Me leave Milan? I’ve never said I was definitely going to leave. Here I feel happy, I want to stay and I really think my wish will come true," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"There are a few things to face and solve, we have 20 days to do it, but I’m sure we’ll find an agreement," the 35-year-old added.

Cafu underwent knee surgery earlier in the year, but his quick recovery enabled him to play in Milan’s 4-1 victory over Chievo at the weekend, and he still holds high hopes of travelling to Germany with the Brazil squad in the summer.

source: planetfootball.com

What do you think about it?
As a backup for Oddo it sounds good to me...

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
yes, he is too old :-( he is not enough

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
I don't want Cafú leaving... it's awesome watching him play, always with a smile... hahahaha... seems like a great guy...
There is this guy from River Plate that Mierdrid bought as Right back, Carlos Diogo, he's 21, uruguayian and has great qualities, he's not playing a lot in Mierdrid... has anyone heard of him?

Timberwolfe

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All AC Milan players, Goddam it!
Real is clueless when bying defenders. Look at their squad - brrrrrrrr...

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
let's hope the injury picked up against Messina will not rule you out for the upcomin' tie against Barca...

mercy2000

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaladze(the best!), Inzaghi, Leonardo, Albertini, Van Basten, Massaro.
source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr24k.html

Cafu extends Milan deal

Milan have this evening made the surprising announcement that Marcos Cafu has signed a new contract.

The 36-year-old was believed to be on the verge of leaving the San Siro after admitting that he wanted to end his career at Sao Paulo.

However, Cafu will now remain for the 2006-07 after signing an extension until the end of June next year.

The Brazilian national captain joined the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza outfit in 2003, on a free transfer, after spending six years at Roma.

cafunews02.jpg

Schedule