Barbara Berlusconi Thread

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And all the other games were barely breaking 30k.
roud:

We weren't competing for anything last season for the 2nd season in row

Yet matches like vs Napoli , Roma , Lazio and co... had attendance like from 35k to 38k so if the team performs you expect those numbers to rise.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan is looking for revenue, not simply attendance.

Tickets will be more expensive in the new stadium. 80K people will not even be a possiblity.

BTW, last season Juventus made €41m on match day revenue for a 38,553 average attendance last season.

We made €24m from 36,661...

That doesn't even consider the extra comercial revenue Juventus get cause of the stadium.

Last edited:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Thank you Barbara for the new stadium !!!

/endsarcasm

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
it's been a while we have heard from her....i liked hearing from her

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
it's been a while we have heard from her....i liked hearing from her

tumblr_nub7l5WLWm1ssgnvao1_540.png

tumblr_nub7l5WLWm1ssgnvao3_540.png

OFFICIAL STORE AT SAN SIRO OPENS

New 1,000m2 megastore with top-level European facilities

MILAN - In a few days? time, San Siro Store - Official Merchandising opens to the public. The megastore will allow the Meazza to compete with the best arenas from around the world, thanks to its unique, first-rate facilities. These include two pitchside viewing areas, allowing visitors to look out onto the playing surface, different scented areas and lighting which changes based on the event.

The new store is located beneath the first tier Blue section and has been built in a few short weeks by M-I Stadio, the company that will run it. The store will sell Inter and AC Milan products (mainly featuring Nike and adidas merchandise, the two clubs? respective kit sponsors), and will be the first place to feature products from the new Milano San Siro line.

The store was devised to be used on several different occasions: Inter and AC Milan matches and on other days in which the stadium is open, even non-match days. There are three different set-ups to welcome a diverse clientele, ranging from supporters to tourists and locals, to one of the most iconic sports arenas on the planet.

http://conicoloridelcieloedellanott...2/official-store-at-san-siro-opens-new-1000m2

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
We declare that we're building a new stadium... everyone says "Thank you Barbara"

Now the new stadium deal is gone to trash after more than a year of work ... and nobody has even the curiosity to question what the fuck did she do?

Where is Curva Sud with its manifestos, they seem to have no problem talking trash about Galliani, well we've been asking for a new stadium for years and now we suddenly are ok with staying at San Siro? Are we really that fucking blind? Did San Siro suddenly switch from a reheated soup to a delicacy... ?
Did people forget all the injuries that we get because the terrain at San Siro is crap and can't handle multiple games per week in addition to concerts etc?

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We declare that we're building a new stadium... everyone says "Thank you Barbara"

Now the new stadium deal is gone to trash after more than a year of work ... and nobody has even the curiosity to question what the fuck did she do?

Where is Curva Sud with its manifestos, they seem to have no problem talking trash about Galliani, well we've been asking for a new stadium for years and now we suddenly are ok with staying at San Siro? Are we really that fucking blind? Did San Siro suddenly switch from a reheated soup to a delicacy... ?
Did people forget all the injuries that we get because the terrain at San Siro is crap and can't handle multiple games per week in addition to concerts etc?

It must be really hard for a young girl to get into the family business telling her dad, who has become a mythical figure in politics and football due to his successes, that he is wrong and he needs to change. I really really feel for her and understand how frustrating this must be for her. She's doing her absolute best to try to modernize Milan and improve it, but the problem is coming from her dad (and Galliani). It's a typical case where the family business is going from the 1st generation to the 2nd, it's just not going as smoothly as the average 1st to 2nd generation businesses.

I don't think she's fucked up. I think we haven't really seen her ideas or know what she really wants to do for Milan. We probably never will. I don't support her nor am I against her, I appreciate her efforts though for trying something. Going against your family biz-wise is one of the toughest things individuals have to go through. I'm sure she's angry as hell for all the effort she put into the new stadium and the announcements of how much revenue this would bring for Milan and so on.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

Maybe because many people like SS, or maybe because 48k stadium without clear option to increase doesnt look as very good option.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
It must be really hard for a young girl to get into the family business telling her dad that he is wrong and he needs to change. I really really feel for her and understand how frustrating this must be for her.

I don't think she's fucked up. I think we haven't really seen her ideas or know what she really wants to do for Milan.

Let's be clear on one thing, the stadium has been an idea way way before Barbara took the reigns, and repeated so often that it became a joke. If Berlusconi wanted to cut it out, he would have done so long before, like when the Fondazione Fiera was dragging the issue. The problem is due to many reasons
-1- Barbara trying to win this deal overbid and got a bad deal where we took over the rehabilitation of the area which will cost us a lot more than what originally anticipated by her.

-2- Mr. Bee thinks that the funds directed towards the stadium are better used elsewhere. At the end of the day, for him, considering the weight that he puts on marketing, the gains from a new stadium will be a very small part

-3- The stadium at Portello is very cramped, there is not enough structure in place to support it (traffic would be horrible on game day) and there have been talks that even though it was approved by the Fondazione Fiera, it might not pass when it comes to approval from the municipal due to closeness with many living buildings. Some say that we pulled from the deal just to avoid getting the "no" which would have made us look like a joke and would have affected any future stock market launch in Asia.

Whatever it is, the rumor is that Milan will be forced to pay a 2-3 million penalty just to get out of the deal without getting sued.

In any case, the fact is that right after we got the go-ahead, the deal became much colder which leads me to believe that it was a combination of -1- and -3- and once we took a closer look, the stadium was not viable. This is entirely on Barbara's shoulders

Maybe because many people like SS, or maybe because 48k stadium without clear option to increase doesnt look as very good option.

Hell no, San Siro is an old stadium that looks good only when it's full and unless Milan slashes the ticket price in half or gets Asian people to buy half the tickets, SS will never be full every single game. Look at Roma, they are cheering for the new stadium. Juventus fans are very happy with the new one when compared with Delle Alpi. A 50k stadium is great and is similar in size to most stadiums in Premier League and elsewhere and there are a lot of great things to having your own stadium
- Sell your merchandising
- Have a central point of belonging that your fans can gather in even during weekdays so you can add restaurants, organize tours, etc.
- Maintain it however you please (no more concerts that ruin the field, have Inter and Milan play in consecutive days, use it for training even with spectators)
- People closer to the field = better for both fans and players.
and plenty other

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Sure, but you know f.e. barca has stadium with over 90k seats and planning to increase number for over 100k? Bvb (dortmunt has 600k) with proper organization
http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/Spectators-BVB-remains-Europe-s-number-one
Dont see why milan cant get in near future average 60k per game (fighting for seria a top1, ucl top with proper team not clowns leaded by other clown talking about ajax as superior team 29 - 71% possession if im correct).
But first step is to create a team ... with players able to make something magic.

Last edited:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
city size vs stadium attendance is amazing for Dortmund

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
True is dortmund lie in most populated region in germany (iirc)
but again its not like lombardy is something different :)

Dortmund itself has around 500k inhabitants and BVB's average attendance is 80k

Milano has 1.4m and Milan (36k) + Inter (37k) only have a combined average of 73k

Last season, the teams' performance was similar, with Dortmund having a way way shittier start.

Even if we count the metropolitan area, Milano's still the more populated one

Last edited:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Dortmund itself has around 500k inhabitants and BVB's average attendance is 80k

Milano has 1.4m and Milan (36k) + Inter (37k) only have a combined average of 73k

Last season, the teams' performance was similar, with Dortmund having a way way shittier start.

Even if we count the metropolitan area, Milano's still the more populated one

I suspect that a lot depends on the relative ratio of ticket price vs. quality of living in Italy vs Germany. Milan and Inter have high prices for tickets and even Juventus has raised the prices of the tickets in the last couple of years.

Add to this all the Italian ultras that make a game in the stadium a pain to watch and the picture becomes complete.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Barbara yesterday in the event of Huawei in Milanello.

12341226_959447080758041_1702825450590440194_n.jpg

12359952_959447074091375_5071073560362165103_n.jpg

12360292_959447087424707_3688121629007141898_n.jpg

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Barbara: "We can not afford to stay out of Europe or Champions League. Patience is needed in building a team. I am confident, there is a nice atmosphere, I see commitment, dedication and great motivation. Of course, the heart weeps every time there is a negative result, but we?re optimistic as I said."

Barbara: "The stadium? For me it was a big disappointment, I have been working on this project for two years. It was a dream and perhaps I got too carried away. For different reasons, we changed the strategy. Now we are at our old and dear SanSiro which is historic for the city of Milan. We can improve it, but investment will be needed. It would have been a real turning point. It?s harder to renovate a stadium than build a new one."

Barbara: "We now have an average attendance of 31k people. In the next 4 years we hope to reach 40k. The idea to build a new stadium hasn?t been scrapped. But it won?t be on the EXPO site. We cannot think about building stadiums with 60/80k capacities but we need functional stadiums that can be filled 7 days a week."

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
?The target is the Europa League, we think we can do it and next year get into the Champions League, the natural habitat of Milan.

?We?ve spent a lot of money in the transfer market, the team is solid.

?We constantly appeal to the fans for peace, we believe we?ve acted for the good of the team and the fans.

?I hope this is a game which won?t bring protests, it doesn?t help to work with tension. I hope everything goes in the best and the team gives their all.?

As daughter of club President Silvio Berlusconi, Barbara was also asked for her thoughts on the potential investment of Bee Taechaubol.

?As a Fininvest shareholder I?ve been trying to maintain a neutral stance between the two parties.

?The sale is in deadlock at the moment, we hope that the negotiations can be concluded in one way or another.

?My position is one of distance and respect, the club is moving forward with many projects.?

http://www.football-italia.net/79063/‘milan-aiming-europa-league’

Natural habitati please!

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
?The target is the Europa League, we think we can do it and next year get into the Champions League, the natural habitat of Milan.

?We?ve spent a lot of money in the transfer market, the team is solid.

?We constantly appeal to the fans for peace, we believe we?ve acted for the good of the team and the fans.

?I hope this is a game which won?t bring protests, it doesn?t help to work with tension. I hope everything goes in the best and the team gives their all.?

As daughter of club President Silvio Berlusconi, Barbara was also asked for her thoughts on the potential investment of Bee Taechaubol.

?As a Fininvest shareholder I?ve been trying to maintain a neutral stance between the two parties.

?The sale is in deadlock at the moment, we hope that the negotiations can be concluded in one way or another.

?My position is one of distance and respect, the club is moving forward with many projects.?

http://www.football-italia.net/79063/‘milan-aiming-europa-league’

Natural habitati please!

Inside her, yes.:devilsmo:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Several things look photoshopped in this pic:

CcEvCrDWIAAUw5J.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
woow, Thohrir so ugly

Schedule