The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 20-08-2018, 20:35   #2141
SixOneFive
Long Live Don Silvio

Fav. Players: Peyton fucking Manning, Tom Hanks, Kendrick Lamar, PK Subban, Alvin Kamara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsav View Post
Interesting choice, not a move i would have made. I think hes hoping for a Hamilton type situation (where lewis moved to Mercedes at the right time), but i don't see it. Renault are so far behind the top 3 i cant see them contending anytime soon with the current regulations.

If it was a move for the Money, than far enough, he deserves to be paid. Has been underpaid for a while now.
Exactly^

Renault's got the resources/facilities/personnel/etc to win but I just can't see it happening next year or even the year after. In fact, I can't imagine any team posing a real threat to the big 3 until the new engine regulations come into play in 2021. The gap is just too big.

Certainly sounds like money was a big factor for Ricciardo here. Plenty of reasons to doubt RB's switch to Honda for next season but plenty of reasons to doubt the Renault engine's reliability as well. I'm assuming that once Ferrari/Mercedes told him that they're not interested, the man just decided to get paid. Can't blame him for that.

Signature
SixOneFive is offline   Reply With Quote