The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: \
yes 52 0.00%
no 10,000,009 100.00%
Voters: 10000061. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 10:24   #22901
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Silva is 34, injury prone and expensive. De Ligt is a future star with the right guidance. Why would we want Silva as a Zapata replacement instead of a guy that can actually make a difference for years instead of a guy who may not even have another high level year in him.
I think the main duo for the long-term should be Ale-Caldara. Musacchio and Zapata would be the most cost-effective backups. With FFP we need to focus on other areas. De Ligt would probably cost a bomb.

Thiago Silva is just a fantasy of mine. That somehow PSG would release him on a free because of his astronomical wages and he would come back on a much lower wage for sentimental reasons, for Leo and Maldini, for Milan. He would add much-needed experience and leadership to the backline. I don't think it will happen and even if he does become available he would probably demand really high wages.

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 12-10-2018, 10:44   #22902
beegees
bathroom singer

according to Mundo Deportivo , De Ligt transfer could cost at least €70 million.
Barca, City, and Spurs are heavily linked with him.
Spending that kind of money just for Ale-Caldara backup will never happen.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:49   #22903
Oedipus
National Team Player

We have absolutely zero reason to get De Ligt.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56   #22904
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I'm starting to like Leonardo again. An apology for the Inter days would be nice though.
Why

For doing his job?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:58   #22905
MilanBG
National Team Player

There's zero sense to spend such money on CB right now.

What we need is another mid (hopefully Rabiot) and a fast af LW as Martial or Lozano. With them we will have a VERY competitive squad and we will fight for Scudetto next year, I am certain. It would be a dream if we get these 2 players this winter and they spend half a season here in order to adapt. C'mon Leo!
Old 12-10-2018, 11:00   #22906
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Rijkaard, Gullit, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva, Huntelar, Locatelli

Let's see how Caldara does first before spending on CBs again. We've been spending since 2015, and we still haven't signed a creative mid yet. We're kinda completely fucked if Bona gets injured, and he himself isn't a pure mid anyway.

Signature
FORZA MILAN
Old 12-10-2018, 11:01   #22907
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

I'm a bit bothered about Gandini not joining. Hope it won't affect the voluntary agreement with UEFA. Gandini also had a hand in Roma's new stadium proposal. Gazidis started at Arsenal after all the stadium work had started.

Strange that I'm feeling a bit bummed out over it, when initially I thought having both Gazidis and Gandini was overkill.

Maybe Scaroni liked the taste of helping to run Milan and decided he didn't want to let it all go.

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 12-10-2018, 11:03   #22908
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I'm a bit bothered about Gandini not joining. Hope it won't affect the voluntary agreement with UEFA. Gandini also had a hand in Roma's new stadium proposal. Gazidis started at Arsenal after all the stadium work had started.

Strange that I'm feeling a bit bummed out over it, when initially I did think having both Gazidis and Gandini was overkill.

Maybe Scaroni liked the taste of helping to run Milan and decided he didn't want to let it all go.

You think Gandini is the only lobbyist?

Elliot and scaroni will take care of UEFA.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by .A.K. View Post
if gattuso was coach last year full season he would win serie a
Old 12-10-2018, 11:11   #22909
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
You think Gandini is the only lobbyist?

Elliot and scaroni will take care of UEFA.
I hope you are right. The Rothschild Group are a scary bunch and so are Elliot, but surely they were headhunting Gandini for a reason.

I guess they found their insider in UEFA, and maybe Scaroni decided he loved the attention associated with running Milan and is going to make time to deal with the City of Milan for the stadium, and so they decided they didn't need Gandini. That would also explain why Leo has already started shopping for January even without the voluntary agreement.

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 12-10-2018, 11:26   #22910
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Rijkaard, Gullit, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva, Huntelar, Locatelli

1.5 years contract and immediately give him an administrative role.

We need class around the squad and club again. That's how you mold the young talents into class players themselves.

Signature
FORZA MILAN
Old 12-10-2018, 11:27   #22911
beegees
bathroom singer

Old 12-10-2018, 11:40   #22912
Raz
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
Tremendous

Signature
Old 12-10-2018, 12:09   #22913
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Il Sole 24: Milan and Unicredit agreed a 100m line of credit based on upcoming tv rights.

Talking about pull

Signature
Quote:
if gattuso was coach last year full season he would win serie a
Old 12-10-2018, 12:17   #22914
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I think the main duo for the long-term should be Ale-Caldara. Musacchio and Zapata would be the most cost-effective backups. With FFP we need to focus on other areas. De Ligt would probably cost a bomb.

Thiago Silva is just a fantasy of mine. That somehow PSG would release him on a free because of his astronomical wages and he would come back on a much lower wage for sentimental reasons, for Leo and Maldini, for Milan. He would add much-needed experience and leadership to the backline. I don't think it will happen and even if he does become available he would probably demand really high wages.
Yes, fantasy is the right word for it

I understand the nostalgia driving it but I am unwilling to even entertain it for fun. Also I doubt it would work out that well footballing wise.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Old 12-10-2018, 12:32   #22915
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Yes, fantasy is the right word for it

I understand the nostalgia driving it but I am unwilling to even entertain it for fun. Also I doubt it would work out that well footballing wise.
fair enough. And the nostalgia part is accurate. However, I still think we could use a bit of leadership and experience at the back to steady the ship but as has often been said here "clean sheets are for virgins", so maybe it is more sexy and less virginal this way. Ale and Caldara will eventually get to play together and develop their partnership and hopefully Maldini can transmit the required mentality.

Signature
Feels like home again

Last edited by truant; 12-10-2018 at 12:42.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:40   #22916
.A.K.

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Il Sole 24: Milan and Unicredit agreed a 100m line of credit based on upcoming tv rights.

Talking about pull
What’s this mean
Old 12-10-2018, 12:48   #22917
Burlesqoni
Banned

Quote:
What’s this mean
Try looking it up on a map.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:58   #22918
MarioReality
Pure Positivity

Important updates on the corporate front. According to today's edition of Il Sole 24 Ore, signed by Carlo Festa, Milan would have reached an agreement with Unicredit for a 100 million euro factoring line. The agreement, the colleague continues, would have been reached in recent weeks to indicate the renewed financial strength of the club with Elliott.

Signature
our ascent back to greatness.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:59   #22919
MarioReality
Pure Positivity

Milan have finalized an agreement with UniCredit for a €100M factoring line. The factoring is used to have guarantees of future revenues from audio-visual rights for the upcoming seasons.

Signature
our ascent back to greatness.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:59   #22920
truant
sexy football fetishist

Is it that this "credit line" is something like a huge company credit card with a 100m limit to help with the running of the club? I guess it means that banks have confidence in us once again as compared to a few months back when Li and F&M were struggling.

Signature
Feels like home again
Closed Thread