Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I've seen such goals only in FIFA :eek:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
There's big claims of Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta giving Philippe Coutinho the cold shoulder this week.

The €160m signing from Liverpool is yet to take part in training due to a thigh injury, but has met with his new teammates.

For the large part, Coutinho has been welcomed warmly, though Diario Gol says sources inside the locker room say Iniesta's greeting has been "cold".

"He did not look at his face", they say, adding that "his greeting was possibly the coldest of all".

Okdiario pundit Eduardo Inda has also made the same claim.

It's suggested Iniesta sees Coutinho's arrival as a direct threat to his future with Barca. The midfielder, outstanding in the El Clasico win at Real Madrid, has battled to convince coach Ernesto Valverde to play him for the full 90 minutes in games this season.

Iniesta is on a rolling one-year deal with Barca.

http://www.**************.com/artic...oulder-from-barcelona-captain-iniesta-4215153

Cristiano Ronaldo believes Philippe Coutinho will struggle to enjoy his time at Barcelona.

The former Liverpool midfielder completed his move to Barca on Monday, being unveiled to the world's media and over 7,000 fans at the Nou Camp.

Diaro Gol says Ronaldo has told friends and Real Madrid teammates he has some sympathy for Coutinho.

Ronaldo, having spoken regularly with PSG star Neymar, believes Coutinho arrives as a direct replacement for the Brazilian - and like Neymar will work in the shadow of Leo Messi and Luis Suarez.

Coutinho will go from being Liverpool's prime playmaker to a third rung player at Barca, where he will be required to do all the hard work of senior teammates Messi and Suarez.

This was the key reason why Neymar walked out of Barca in August - and Ronaldo has told pals now it will be Coutinho who will fill the void.

http://www.**************.com/artic...outinho-will-not-enjoy-barcelona-role-4214983

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Oh lol did the Coutinho transfer really go trough? Best of luck to him, although it seems he is going to get phased out as Zlatan did.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
If the players Barca signed this season gel with the team, we are probably looking forward to at least half a decade of Barca dominance, both domestic and European wise.

Quite jealous of their management.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Coutinho will have Rakitic level of impact at best.

Don't be silly.

Coutinho will be elevated to the level only Chrgynskiy, Arda Turan and Vermaelen have reached.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
imagine not rating coutinho...

I was taking the piss out of his prediction, not saying I don't think Coutinho is good.

I think Coutinho is excellent.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Zidane flopping hard this season

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The bald has been exposed. Luckiest manager of all time... man didn't deserve to win 2uchls. Though big thanks for raping 7uventus.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
The bald has been exposed. Luckiest manager of all time... man didn't deserve to win 2uchls. Though big thanks for raping 7uventus.

My count is 1.5 UCLs

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Should keep an eye on this guy

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
imagine not rating coutinho...

?
I rate him. In fact, he's my favorite type of player; skilled players with lungs and athleticism to match it. He's basically what I want Suso to be.

He's not quite as good as Az seems to make him out to be though. Or was he mostly referring to that Colombian CB kid they just signed?
Who the hell did they sign to dominate the world for half a decade? Dembele?
They won't dominate shit if Messi, Suarez and Iniesta won't be there to carry them.

Last edited:

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope there is more discussion here about La Liga from now onwards.

Diego Costa is back!

Has there ever been a more likeable footballer?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I hope there is more discussion here about La Liga from now onwards.

Diego Costa is back!

Has there ever been a more likeable footballer?

I think I’ve seen 2 La Liga matches in my lifetime

Italian football is my lifelong penance. Painful most of the times but loyalty is a virtue

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Barca is playing absolutely outrageous football atm, you owe yourself to watch them if you're a football fan

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It is actually crazy how they are 10x better during second halves.

This valverde knows his tactics

Last edited: