CL: AC Milan (4) - Arsenal FC (0) 15/02/2012

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
It wasn't sublime goal, just Dida being himself.

If TS is injured, we'll be pretty much in trouble. And thanks to Galliani that we once again were cheap club and accepted free useless LB. We'll have problems with Walcott.

It was Kalac IIRC. And yes it wasn't sublime goal, Kalac was at wrong possesion when cesc made a shot outside the penalty area.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Nocerino needs to start to help with counters

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Nocerino needs to play to run everyone ragged

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
Give Abate a go at LB in the Coppa Italia and see how it goes?

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
Zambro? Gervinho though fast isn't as fast as Walcott, and Zambro should be able to handle him adequately, which is not the same that can be said of Zambro vs Walcott. It'd be Favalli vs Nani all over again. Just a thought.. :)

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
arsenal will ofcourse be thinking about zlatan/pato/robinho/prince....this is not an easy run of the mill match up for them.

we will humiliate them...very offensively.

Deunamist

F*** Juventus
Reaction score
Our squad when we played Arsenal in 07/08:

1st Leg:
First XI: Kalac, Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Kaka, Pato
Bench: Fiori, Emerson, Inzaghi, Gilardino, Jankulovski, Bonera, Brocchi

2nd Leg:
Kalac, Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Pato, Inzaghi
Bench: Fiori, Emerson, Gilardino, Simic, Favalli, Gourcuff, Bonera

a terrible, terrible squad and bench.

Deunamist

F*** Juventus
Reaction score
Lol dumb comment spotted on Goal.com

"An ageing squad of 35-42 facing kids of 19-28,sure will have a tough time coping with the pace.ARSENAL wins this one."

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Our squad when we played Arsenal in 07/08:

1st Leg:
First XI: Kalac, Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Kaka, Pato
Bench: Fiori, Emerson, Inzaghi, Gilardino, Jankulovski, Bonera, Brocchi

2nd Leg:
Kalac, Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Pato, Inzaghi
Bench: Fiori, Emerson, Gilardino, Simic, Favalli, Gourcuff, Bonera

a terrible, terrible squad and bench.

We could use a mix from today's squad and the 07-08 one.

Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaká, Ibrahimovic, Pato. :lol:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
We better hope Taiwo steps up before then and becomes a solid first team player or otherwise in January we need a new LB. Walcott will run rings around our left backs. Walcott is just as much of a threat as RVP this game IMO. Hes has developed his game heaps in the last two seasons. Hes not as much of a touch and run player anymore.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Daily Mail today.

article-2075330-0F33D41B00000578-724_468x666.jpg

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Most importantly at home leg is not to concede any f-ing goal! Nocerino needs to improve defending and Antonini better stay down the line, because he is pretty useless there.

Forza Milan!

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Ancelotti: “Milan are superior to Arsenal”
by Meytar Zeevi under News

CARLO ANCELOTTI tries not to be too biased, and says Milan are favourites for the anticipated tie.

The first leg will only take place in February but there is already talk about the eightfinals clash between AC Milan and Arsenal as the Rossoneri seek for revenge after Arsenal knocked them out in 2008.

Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti, who was the boss of Milan in 2008, believes that Milan are a better side compared to Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal, even though his opinion is not entirely objective.

Galliani eyes Arsenal revenge
Manchester City warn Milan over Tevez

“I’m a Milanista, therefore I cheer for them and it’s hard for me to be rational,” Ancelotti told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “In any case, I think that Milan are superior to Arsenal. Allegri has players like Ibra, Robinho and Pato, which Arsenal don’t. But Arsenal have got Van Persie, but Milan have got Nesta and T. Silva.

“Milan are the favourites, but I don’t forget than in 2008 they knocked us out. Arsenal are a team that always seek to play and make manoeuvres. It’s the philosophy of the club. To advance, Milan have to make their technical superiority prevail, as well as the physical prowess of Ibra and Boateng. Arsenal started badly, and they historically lost to United. But I can guarantee that they’re playing well,” he added.

Milan have two games before the Christmas break with the first being tonight against Siena at San Siro.

(rossoneriblog)

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Fuck me either I've been really busy or just oblivious. Just saw the draw now :fp:

It's a good test for us. Hopefully we can have a fit and healthy squad for the matches . I would love a victory over Arsenal (or any English side) too many EPL fans in NZ talking crap

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
Hmm.. I think that our team will be fine except for the left side which Walcott will dominate (Even if he won't dominate, one moment of space/area to move on is all he needs. Just look at Lennon last year when he owned us). There's no way we have a quality LB in any of our current players whom can stop him, we need reinforcement.

Either that or Rino needs to come back, step up his game to maximum and almost instantly find form so that he can mark Walcott... Which is almost just as unlikely as us getting a good LB in January.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Walcott vs Antonini is my biggest nightmare.
zambrotta will def. start over antonini in a game as big as this for me. he will then have a mysterious illness which makes him miss the next two weeks before recovering for the second leg.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Let's just hope Arsenal fans would not come and join in this forum like HAM fans last year.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
No, no they are welcome here, They all seems to need some education.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Let's just hope Arsenal fans would not come and join in this forum like HAM fans last year.

There's been Manchester United, Tottenham, Real Madrid, Barcelona(95% of this forum), Lyon and other fans on this forum... Wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal joins the party..

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

HAM fans?

Lol a win would shut up the Pissy people claiming arsenal are bigger than us

I hear that way too often. Milan must KO Asnl. I dislike this draw, because if we lose, I will get annoyed (by people) for sure.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
zambrotta will def. start over antonini in a game as big as this for me. he will then have a mysterious illness which makes him miss the next two weeks before recovering for the second leg.

zambrotta isn't going to make it better :lol::lol::lol:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Hopefully the Arsenal fans can help us get rid of the Man U fans though

Schedule