The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: Who do you want as Sheva's replacment ?
Thierry Henry 55 31.07%
Samuel Eto'o 20 11.30%
Fernando Torres 35 19.77%
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 20 11.30%
Adriano 14 7.91%
Other (name) 33 18.64%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-05-2006, 15:28   #21
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

I'd go with Henry. I think both he and Eto' would find it difficult to survive the bite that Serie A carries with it. Plus I think Henry is stronger so he would be better. Also I think Eto is overrated. He is good yes but with that supply line who wouldn't be: Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi, Xavi. Henry has less to work with so in my opinion he's better.
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 16:05   #22
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
tell me something Eto'o can do that Henry can't? Toni ... he would be great. How old is he? I don't think the Viola(?) will let him go though.

Sheva
Henry
Toni
Eto’o is much better than Henry + younger.
Eto’o is more complete as a striker since he can use both his legs + head.
But eto’o will cost much more than Henry.
So Henry is the more logical choice.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 16:52   #23
JUANES
BARCA HATER

Fav. Players: Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself

hey wild, if henry is the most logical option
then, why not choose toni?

ok people ask why

toni is a pippo style striker, but younger...surrounding the area...excelente header...slow...he's strong...great shot power and accuracy....

Signature
JUANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 17:21   #24
WILL2K
Magical Milan

Fav. Players: Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou . All Milan players are my fav .players..;-)

If it is a MUST that we must choose another striker apart from Sheva , then Henry is the only possible alternative i would like to see .
WILL2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 17:21   #25
Rossoneri_Alč!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion
Totally agree ! Well said madtherchot

Only for the last part, where i'd chose Eto'o instead of Henry.
I agree with both of you, the thing is though Eto'o and Henry have different characteristics.

I think Henry is the closest to Shevchenko as you can get, and although he can't replace the man he could at least try to replace the player if need be.

Eto'o is a great player too and has scored a lot of goals, but I see him more as an out and out striker.

Whereas I think Sheva & Henry do more for the team, and make deeper runs from the wings and assists for the centre-forwards like Inza-gol and Gila.

So my vote goes to Henry - no one else could come close to replacing Andriy!

I do hope Crespo manages to escape the evil clutches of Chelsea and comes back to what he calls home - Milan, and that Amoroso goes back to Udinese - which I've heard could happen. He isn't up to our standards I'm afraid - sorry Marcio.
Rossoneri_Alč! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 17:40   #26
NobodyCares
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini , Rui Costa , Nesta

Cause Arsenal lost , i think henry will be comin

Signature
NobodyCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 17:41   #27
takahan
World Cup Winner

If Sheva leave,
We should use the money to get Ronaldinho as our playmaker.
and put Kaka up front to fill in Sheva role.
Kaka is as skillful as Sheva and has good finishing touch too,
I think he will be a good replacement.
There is no point in getting other striker,
when we already have Gila, Pippo and Kaka.
We just need a good playmaker and Ronaldinho is a must

Last edited by takahan; 18-05-2006 at 17:44.
takahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 17:44   #28
NobodyCares
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini , Rui Costa , Nesta

u crazy he wont even come here ever...............and i dont want samba guy to eat pasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature
NobodyCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 17:52   #29
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
Atleast we agreed that Henry was the more logical choice

The reasoning though

Just how can you put Eto'o on the same page as Henry is beyond me ...
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 18:03   #30
takahan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed_darkx
u crazy he wont even come here ever...............and i dont want samba guy to eat pasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing is impossible,
When Chelsea state his interest in buying Sheva,
we thought that it is impossible for them to get Sheva too.
But in the end Sheva may move to Chelsea.
takahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 18:32   #31
cccp
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten

I think Henry is the best player for Milan in term of probability and player's ability. He also has a great desire to win.
cccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 18:57   #32
juxtaposer
Rookie

Quote:
Easy for me Henry could be arrogant at times. I think its just an act. But he really loves his team underneath it all I think he's a good team player. You dont hear his teamates complain. I would have thought Campbell/Pires/Ljunberg would have wanted to be captain. Barca's game is not particularly strong in the air. And why do we need someone who's good in the air? We've got Pippo, dont we?
i think Adriano would be a good replcement for sheva provided he learns to play as a team player and not the selfish stunts he performs in inter.
juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 18:58   #33
diTa
National Team Player

Fav. Players: NESTA, Maldini, KAKA, Rio Ferdinand, Seedorf, Pirlo, Fabregas, Cana, Raul.

i guess henry is the best choice.. why? b'cuz he's a really great striker but most of all he's a great football player.. as for toni i dont think he would be a good choice, he shows grear skills b'cuz the whole viola team plays in order to get him to score.. remember milan is not a team like that at all.. and again we got gila who last year was magnificent and he wasnt that great this year... i simply think the best replacement for sheva is henry, he has all it takes to fill sheva's place
diTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 19:35   #34
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diTa
i guess henry is the best choice.. why? b'cuz he's a really great striker but most of all he's a great football player.. as for toni i dont think he would be a good choice, he shows grear skills b'cuz the whole viola team plays in order to get him to score.. remember milan is not a team like that at all.. and again we got gila who last year was magnificent and he wasnt that great this year... i simply think the best replacement for sheva is henry, he has all it takes to fill sheva's place
Thanks you.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 19:42   #35
Billy1969
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso

Henry is an arrogant cunt but still I voted for him since he would come the cheapest giving the best quality/prize out there if number 7 walks away. I'd prefer 1,000 times Sheva not leaving at all though.
Billy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 21:16   #36
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi

Quote:
Atleast we agreed that Henry was the more logical choice

The reasoning though

Just how can you put Eto'o on the same page as Henry is beyond me ...
etoo cant even hold henry's jock

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 22:39   #37
Rygaar
National Team Player

In considering Henry, Eto'o, Toni, Cassano, Adriano, Torres, and Ibrahimovic, here is how they stack up in different caterogies. Let me know what you think.

Box Play: The ability to play as an out-and-out center foward with a sole focus on goal-scoring a la Inzaghi. This player is at his best when the team is geared toward getting him to score.

1-Adriano 2-Toni 3-Henry 4-Ibrahimovic 5-Eto'o 6-Torres 7-Cassano

Versatility: The ability to help out in other areas including defensive midfield and playmaking. This depends chiefly on two factors: the players skill set (can he tackle? is he creative?) and his willingness to work above and beyond the call of duty for the team.

1-Henry 2-Cassano 3-Eto'o 4-Ibrahimovic 5-Torres 6-Adriano 7-Toni

Chemistry: The ability to accept conditions and put the needs of the team ahead of one's own desires/ego. This includes humility, temperament, respect for teammates... and determines how likely a player is to seemlessly mesh with the squad.

1-Eto'o 2-Torres 3-Henry 4-Toni 5-Adriano 6-Ibrahimovic 7-Cassano

Cost: here, the cheapest player is (1) and the most expensive is (7). Henry will NOT be cheap since we would have to fight off competition from top clubs to get him. I may be very wrong considering that Vieira went for what? A bag of chips and a can of pop?

1-Cassano 2-Toni 3-Henry 4-Torres 5-Eto'o 6-Ibrahimovic 7-Adriano

Practicality: This is how likely we are to get a player if we seriously commit to going after him (1) is most likely.

1-Cassano 2-Toni 3-Torres 4-Henry 5-Eto'o 6-Ibrahimovic 7-Adriano

Final Verdict: I've decided to ignore monetary concerns here and simply focus on how a player once acquired would fit in and perform.

Adriano, Ibrahimovic, and Toni are great strikers but I would remove them from consideration immediately because after spending 17 million pounds on Gilardino, we do NOT need another center forward. If we are to replace Shevchenko, it should be with someone more versatile than the 3 above.

Cassano is attractive because of his amazing skill and his young age (still), but his temperament is a major turn-off; I think he is too big of a gamble after the immaturity he demonstrated at Roma. I must admit however that I haven't really followed his progress at Real. Another plus here is that Cassano has shown his ability to excel in Serie A, and that should not be underestimated. That gives him an advantage over Torres, Eto'o and Henry. This advantage isn't huge however, since all would agree that Henry's combination of size, pace, strength and skill is enough to thrive anywhere.

Torres is undeniably talented, but my major concern is whether he can do a good job in Italy; the Spanish game is more free flowing while the Italian game brings huge pressure on and off the pitch, and is heavily dependent on tactics and physique. I don't think Torres is close to being the best option on that list.

Eto'o is the best African striker by far, let alone Cameroonian striker. Not that this has any relevance here, but I happen to be from Cameroon and he is somewhat of a national wonder. About the matter at hand, Eto'o has been excellent at Barca obviously. Some brought up the fact that he was bound to be, given the wealth of talent and creativity behind him (Ronaldinho, Messi, Giuly, Deco, Xavi...) and that's a good point. Note however, that Eto'o has been good for a while; he was a fearsome striker at Mallorca, well before he signed with Barca and he was an absolute terror at the African Cup of Nations in January. The man scores tons of goals because he is good. He would do well in Milan I think, but the concern I have about Torres applies here too.

Henry - skills wise, Henry is the best fit by far. Henry is a most complete footballer on the list and can often be found working hard in midfield. In that respect, he is not unlike Shevchenko. He is faster than all but Eto'o, and is stronger than most. He isn't good in the air, but is a real danger from set pieces (as a shooter). For all his qualities, I wonder whether Henry can stand being on a squad where he isn't a demi-god. One of you brought up the fact that he acts as if Arsenal were his property and chemistry is the only potential problem I foresee with him. I wouldn't be surprised if this concern came to naught, and frankly, Henry has earned the right to believe that Arsenal is his property. I don't think any other club of Arsenal's caliber depends so much on a single player for its success. Not Barca with Ronaldinho, not Manchester with Rooney, not Milan with Sheva, not Real with...Real has nobody

My choice: Thierry Henry.

Last edited by Rygaar; 18-05-2006 at 22:49.
Rygaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 22:41   #38
Vernetti
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grřnkjćr, Vicente, Robben

I´d say players like Henry (No. 1), Adriano, Torres or Rooney.

I would´nt really rate a player like Toni in the "Sheva replacement" catagory as he is mainly usefull in the box and players like Sheva also does a lot of work at areas of the field.

Signature
WWW.BORUSSIAESBJERG.DK
Borussia Esbjerg
Vernetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 23:30   #39
ACMRULE!
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
I really cannot understand how you can manage to compare Eto to a seasoned genius like Henry!
I dont think you have seen Henry playing that often.
Chek this out:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21901227696012

The truth is that Henry is probably along with Ronaldinho the best player in the world. With or without Shevchenko I wouldnt let a change to sign this phenomenon pass by.
ACMRULE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 23:36   #40
brajo
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygaar
Adriano, Ibrahimovic, and Toni are great strikers but I would remove them from consideration immediately because after spending 17 million pounds on Gilardino, we do NOT need another center forward.
I wouldn't say that Ibrahimović is a strict CF, he has scored just 7 goals this season @ juve. Let's say, without the crises he'd score between 10-15 goals. He has an amazing dribbling, invents some really sick moves but his personality is a great minus for him...
brajo is offline   Reply With Quote