The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: Who do you want as Sheva's replacment ?
Thierry Henry 55 31.07%
Samuel Eto'o 20 11.30%
Fernando Torres 35 19.77%
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 20 11.30%
Adriano 14 7.91%
Other (name) 33 18.64%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-05-2006, 23:48   #41
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMRULE!
I really cannot understand how you can manage to compare Eto to a seasoned genius like Henry!
I dont think you have seen Henry playing that often.
Chek this out:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21901227696012

The truth is that Henry is probably along with Ronaldinho the best player in the world. With or without Shevchenko I wouldnt let a change to sign this phenomenon pass by.
Its not like I said Henry is bad.
He is great.
But yes both Sheva & Eto'o r better than him.
4 me those 3 r the best strikers in the world & I rank em :

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 00:15   #42
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMRULE!
I really cannot understand how you can manage to compare Eto to a seasoned genius like Henry!
I dont think you have seen Henry playing that often.
Chek this out:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21901227696012

The truth is that Henry is probably along with Ronaldinho the best player in the world. With or without Shevchenko I wouldnt let a change to sign this phenomenon pass by.
Hell yeah! if he's up for grabs, please get him! Oh, and I think he's streets ahead of Ronaldoitall. He's overrated ... yes Wild, I said it
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 00:29   #43
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygaar

Eto'o is the best African striker by far, let alone Cameroonian striker. Not that this has any relevance here, but I happen to be from Cameroon and he is somewhat of a national wonder. About the matter at hand, Eto'o has been excellent at Barca obviously. Some brought up the fact that he was bound to be, given the wealth of talent and creativity behind him (Ronaldinho, Messi, Giuly, Deco, Xavi...) and that's a good point. Note however, that Eto'o has been good for a while; he was a fearsome striker at Mallorca, well before he signed with Barca and he was an absolute terror at the African Cup of Nations in January. The man scores tons of goals because he is good. He would do well in Milan I think, but the concern I have about Torres applies here too.
You wish man He's not the best African player. I'd say Toure has been the most commanding African player this season. But thats my opinion, and hey, I'm not from Côte d’Ivoire No doubt he's the best African forward though. I also like Essien, Eboue, Obi Mikel, etc. but the greatest African player is ... Kalusha Bwalya! Hey, when was Eto'o the only player on the pitch to miss a penalty? Oh yeah, it was January ... African Nations Cup

No, he's good ... but not Henry/Sheva good, atleast you noticed that.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 04:16   #44
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

He's irreplaceable.
But if he does leave, the only decent replacment would be Henry.

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 05:51   #45
jigaromilan
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaladze - Shevchenko - Kaka - Nesta - Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUGOSLAV
He's irreplaceable.
But if he does leave, the only decent replacment would be Henry.
agreed 100%
jigaromilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 11:49   #46
roy_il_diavolo
L'Avvocato

Fav. Players: Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
Why no1 is considering Toni or Cassano ?
Toni is TONI.

Cassano is young + talented + we can get him very cheap --- > $10mil.
Toni is not a long term prospect... lacks experience at the higest level (Europe that is)....

Cassano is good + young + cheap (as mentioned by Wild )
he might be even cheaper

Cassano has the experience of playing in the Champions league+Uefa Cup... and few games (minutes maybe) in spain ..if that at all can be called experience...but its more than TONi...he at least had the exposure....

Toni & Cassano both good...but my vote will be for Cassano

as for the names mentioned in the poll......
Henry--->not leaving Arsenal
Eto'o-->wont leave if Barca dont get Henry,which they are not..so he stays.
Torres--> a little hyped...but still good...no experience anywhere...might be useless...might pay off....gamble ??
Ibra --> In the kind of form he is in and the money he is going to cost...not worth it..
roy_il_diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 12:21   #47
PUPO
Stiamo tornando

Fav. Players: Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva

Great analysis Roy.
I agree with you completely.
Ibra is useless and has serious behaviour problems.
If Sheva goes Milan will probably get Adriano.
-Adriano has clearly fallen out with Mancini
-Mancini is staying at Inter
-There's many brasilians @ Milan
-No need to move house

It all fits should Adriano seek a move out to come to us.
We would turn him into his best ever form.
Just remember what we did with Pirlo and Seedorf.

Signature
PUPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 12:24   #48
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupone#20
not to mention what we are about to start to do with Favalli...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 12:29   #49
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

If sheva goes (hope he doesn't) I would Prefer eto'o he is younger.And he could be good in Ac Milan

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 12:33   #50
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Great analysis Roy.
-No need to move house

Yeah i think he would be the best replacement. The question is...are Inter stupid enough to sell him to us?

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 12:36   #51
roy_il_diavolo
L'Avvocato

Quote:
Great analysis Roy.
-No need to move house

wooohooooo..... my first compliment ....thnx.....lol
i agree with u adriano is good but he will have to play with another striker ...we cant make the mistake that Inter did and make him play alone
Old 19-05-2006, 13:01   #52
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Adriano is a dream but he is a target 4 Real & I don’t think we can afford 2 handle their offer.

Henry is out of reach.

Cassano will b a offered + cash 2 lure Adriano from Inter.
Our hope of getting Cassano is by offering Sheva 2 Real & ask 4 money + Cassano + convince Sheva 2 go 2 Real.

Eto’o is out of reach coz Barca will never let him go now with Henry not even coming.

Unless Milan will surprise us with a move 4 Tevez or a young talent , Torres or Toni = our primary targets & the latest is more appealing 4 Milan since he is already a serieA player + cheaper.

What worries me is that am sure Sheva will leave + our stupid management will consider Crespo / Drogba as a replacement.

Signature
Old 19-05-2006, 14:04   #53
scotsman
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Weah, Used to like Sheva!, Kaka. Gatusso- RFC 1873

The nightmare is that we end up with the signings of Favalli, Peruzzi and Drogba or Crespo or even both. Crespo was good last season but is no replacement for Sheva.

Dream is we keep Sheva or get Tevez and sign Gallas, Oddo and Sneijder.

I have no idea what the management is playing at they are sending out all the wrong signals. They should demonstrate to Sheva that the team is strenghtening in the right areas and is going places in the future. Instead they sign only duffers over the age of 30 and do not seem able to provide a suitable world class replacement for one of our 2 truly world class players (Sheva, with Kaka being the other).
scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 14:40   #54
Albion
Senior Team Member

Ok since Henry is about to re-sign with Arsenal (or alredy has) may I get the opinions of all you well-respected milanistas in this forum about David Trezeguet

This doesnt mean im saying he should be Sheva's replacment whatsover, simple question: how do you compare him (Trez) with the other players that are included in the Poll
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 15:52   #55
roy_il_diavolo
L'Avvocato

Trezeguet turns 29 on the 15th of Oct...he lacks ball control skills...he is the striker who will stay put in the box...we already have pippo/gila for that we need someone like sheva/henry who can run around link up the midfield and strike (kaka alone isnt enough ...he is always well marked...but together with sheva they were lethal)....Trezeguet is not young nor skilled enough to control the game.... even Zlatan is a better option...even if he is out of form and costs too much...Trezeguet is absolutely not what Milan need.... I doubt with Henry out of the picture there is anyone who can fill sheva's spot....
Old 19-05-2006, 16:16   #56
Billy1969
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion
Ok since Henry is about to re-sign with Arsenal (or alredy has) may I get the opinions of all you well-respected milanistas in this forum about David Trezeguet

This doesnt mean im saying he should be Sheva's replacment whatsover, simple question: how do you compare him (Trez) with the other players that are included in the Poll
I can be in the best of moods but seeing a Trezeguet picture and the grimaces he makes when he scores turns me into a bloodthirsty monster. I would even prefer the swede fag then.
Billy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 16:19   #57
scotsman
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Weah, Used to like Sheva!, Kaka. Gatusso- RFC 1873

If we really want to build for the future why don't we buy Kerlon?
scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 17:12   #58
Rygaar
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajo
I wouldn't say that Ibrahimović is a strict CF, he has scored just 7 goals this season @ juve. Let's say, without the crises he'd score between 10-15 goals. He has an amazing dribbling, invents some really sick moves but his personality is a great minus for him...
I have to agree with you Brajo. My assessment of Ibrahimovic was erroneous; He can also be a playmaker and is incredibly skilled for his size. I also agree that his attitude is the biggest drawback and I wonder whether he can play well supporting a center forward (Gilardino). I suppose Trezeguet did really well with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman
Instead they sign only duffers over the age of 30 and do not seem able to provide a suitable world class replacement for one of our 2 truly world class players (Sheva, with Kaka being the other).
Nesta, Dida and Cafu are world class players I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
You wish man He's [Eto'o] not the best African player. I'd say Toure has been the most commanding African player this season. But thats my opinion, and hey, I'm not from Côte d’Ivoire No doubt he's the best African forward though. I also like Essien, Eboue, Obi Mikel, etc. but the greatest African player is ... Kalusha Bwalya! Hey, when was Eto'o the only player on the pitch to miss a penalty? Oh yeah, it was January ... African Nations Cup

No, he's good ... but not Henry/Sheva good, atleast you noticed that.
It is really tough to compare players from different positions to determine who is the best, which is why I limited myself to strikers. I wrote the best African Striker, not player, and you admit yourself, that he indeed is the best forward from the continent. Eboue is ok and Obi Mikel could be amazing if he keeps getting better, but I admit that I don't know Kalusha Bwalya.

Do you believe Shevchenko's missed penalty against Liverpool in the CL final last year demotes him as a great striker? I don't. Eto'o did miss a penalty, but please check out what he did before then, throughout the competition. Nay, throughout his career. He is a very very good striker.

Last edited by Rygaar; 19-05-2006 at 17:36.
Rygaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 17:33   #59
Rygaar
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion

Albion clearly said that he wasn't advocating Trezeguet as Sheva's replacement, so replying that he couldn't do what Sheva doesn't really answer his question.

I really like Trezeguet a lot and I think that when it comes to predatory skills and the ability to command the box, he is on a par with Inzaghi, Crespo and Van Nilsterooy. He has done so well for both club and country that I can't think otherwise. He is extremely strong, with a lethal shot and terrific in the air. AGE CONSIDERATIONS ASIDE, I would rather have him than Gilardino. Trezegue reminds me of Shaquille O'Neal.

If you could have one of these three to build your attack around, who would it be? Adriano, Gilardino or Ibrahimovic? why?

Hey guys what do you make of this. I was thinking about the role Henry plays for Arsenal. He is their lone striker really, although he wonders all over the pitch. Shevchenko plays quite a different role at Milan. A new concern I have in evaluating whether Henry would excel with Gilardino is Henry's performance with France. How well does he play when he isn't the lone striker? How effective is he when he has to share those duties with a dominant center forward like Trezeguet? Why has France underachieved when it counted most (not in qualifying rounds) since the end Euro 2000? Food for thought.

Last edited by Rygaar; 19-05-2006 at 17:36.
Rygaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 18:31   #60
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman
Dream is we keep Sheva or get Tevez and sign Gallas, Oddo and Sneijder.
I love u.

Signature