The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:40   #1
slifersd
Rookie

Default Evaluation on our current transfer progress

The team's performance on the transfer market this summer has been absoutely terrible. It was reported that Milan had around 80 million dollars to spend on this summer's transfer market, 45 million of that money came from Shevchenko's transfer. The transfer market is going to be closed in about 20 days, and the club only spent like 7 million of that money while missing out on every single one of their transfer targets such as Torres, Diarra, Emerson, Zambrotta, Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Gallas...the list goes on and on. Now, I thought one of the biggest reason we sold Shevchenko to Chelsea was to gather funds for a major shake up to solve our squad's age problems. The plan was to sign one or two strikers to replace Shevchenko and then sign some young players and defenders. With only 20 days to go, almost every single one of our targets are off the market, and yet, we have no one to replace Shevchenko and we didn't solve our midfield and defender problems. I would like to know what the club did with all those money. Is Berlusconi trying to buy himself another boat? Are we trying to replace Shevchenko with Amoroso? I just don't think our squad is going to make it anywhere in the European Champions League or for that matter in the domestic competitions. If the team make any less than three major moves (shevchenko's replacement, midfielder and defender), they will have a heck of a time getting their butt whooped next year.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:04   #2
Hassan
Winning II

Fav. Players: Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!

Our Last night LINE-UP Players

Milan Vs Red Star

Dida = 33yrs
Cafu = 36yrs
Simic = 31yrs
Costacurta = 40yrs
Serginho = 35yrs
Gattuso = 28yrs
Pirlo = 27yrs
Seedorf = 30yrs
KakÓ = 24yrs
Inzaghi = 33yrs
Gilardino = 24yrs
-------------------
CARLO ANCELOTTI = 47yrs

We must kick out our elderly Players....

Forza Milan

Signature

Last edited by Hassan; 10-08-2006 at 18:47.
Hassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:07   #3
pussycat_doll
Banned

Fav. Players: Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milansom
Last night LINE-UPS

Dida = 33yrs
Cafu = 36yrs
Simic = 31yrs
Costacurta = 40yrs
Serginho = 35yrs
Gattuso = 28yrs
Pirlo = 27yrs
Seedorf = 30yrs
KakÓ = 24yrs
Inzaghi = 33yrs
Gilardino = 24yrs
-------------------
CARLO ANCELOTTI = 47yrs

We must kick out our elderly Players....

Forza Milan
cafu,bily serginho need to be out and were ok .
pussycat_doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:17   #4
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Keane, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Imran Khan, Virender Sehwag

Moved to Discussions.

Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:19   #5
dardar_3
Primavera Player

That's right but still remaining more 20 days... And prai for Braida to give us something special....

Forza Milan!!!
dardar_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:19   #6
milan*7
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta

Technically TorresDiarraGallas are still up for grabs, as is Tevez + other WC starlets. Not that I'm advocating any of them.

Yeah, Milan had the $$$ but were derailed by the Calciopoli saga. By the time everything was sorted out all the good players (ie. WC finalists, after whom I assume our mngt. was really after) were gone + we either didn't try enough or weren't strong enough to lure the 2nd-choicers.

Otherwise, to judge by our signings so far, Silvio's still focused on making our 'big surprise' an offer he can't refuse + just can't be bothered w. anything else. That boat theory is a possibility too

Signature

~ INSIEME ... con il diavolo in cuore ~
milan*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:26   #7
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd
The team's performance on the transfer market this summer has been absoutely terrible. It was reported that Milan had around 80 million dollars to spend on this summer's transfer market, 45 million of that money came from Shevchenko's transfer. The transfer market is going to be closed in about 20 days, and the club only spent like 7 million of that money while missing out on every single one of their transfer targets such as Torres, Diarra, Emerson, Zambrotta, Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Gallas...the list goes on and on. Now, I thought one of the biggest reason we sold Shevchenko to Chelsea was to gather funds for a major shake up to solve our squad's age problems. The plan was to sign one or two strikers to replace Shevchenko and then sign some young players and defenders. With only 20 days to go, almost every single one of our targets are off the market, and yet, we have no one to replace Shevchenko and we didn't solve our midfield and defender problems. I would like to know what the club did with all those money. Is Berlusconi trying to buy himself another boat? Are we trying to replace Shevchenko with Amoroso? I just don't think our squad is going to make it anywhere in the European Champions League or for that matter in the domestic competitions. If the team make any less than three major moves (shevchenko's replacement, midfielder and defender), they will have a heck of a time getting their butt whooped next year.
i totally agree with you we sold one of the best strikers in the world(along with henry and eto'o) and we aint even going to replace him, we seriously need a striker gila and pippo cant play togeather because gila hasen't scored when playing with pippo, so why are we not buying we could have signed ibra easily but we blew it, torres wants to stay at atletico and tevez i dont think we are interested in him so who the hell is left we will probably sign someone old like usual but we need some youth so all i am trying to say is berlusconi , braida, galliani whoever signs the players get your finger out of your ass and spend some money please.
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 14:53   #8
GAMilan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: AC Milan Players

Evaluation of transfer season? Shit.
GAMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:06   #9
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kakß, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd
Thats the thing the market aint closed yet. Usually the last week is very intense when it comes to transfers. Either we push for Suazo, or temp Torres or move for Tavano.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:06   #10
JUANES
BARCA HATER

Fav. Players: Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kakß, Pippo, ballack, webˇ, tejada and myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMilan

yeah! you bet!

i'm heavily dissapointed with ibra's move to inter

i hope we could get something...berlusconi must be getting crazy.

come on berlu...force torres out of atletico!

Signature
JUANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:18   #11
Ollyn88
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: "LOYAL" milan players

bonera and gourcuff are good signings for me....
but of course we need to add some players. can't wait for braida's suprise, hope that would be torres, buffon, diarra all come to milan

Signature
=>THIS CUP WILL BE OURS<=
Ollyn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:45   #12
brajo
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMilan
Agreed... let's see what happens till 31/08...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyn88
LOL at your SIG . If they introduce some kind of VCL (Veteran's Champions League) or sth... maybe.

I see this season being a disappointment. I hope I'm wrong, but Billy, Serghi and the rest of the crew won't be able to carry out a successful season. We start Serie A with -8 points, with Grosso, Crespo and Ibra playing for Inter, with Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Cafu and Kaka tired from WC! Champions league? Chelsea, Barcelona, Real, Manchester, Arsenal, Lyon... Can we beat them all? I wish we could!

Signature
brajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:46   #13
cosmin
National Team Player

bonera and gourcuff are ok. But, we still need a CD and a striker. There's time. And we got the money.

Signature
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
cosmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:48   #14
siatanhai
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,

our management is too scared and incapable of signing big names, i am sure you all have your mixed opinions on Ibra,Zambrotta,Buffon,Cannavaro,Torres,Diarra,Gros so
but this is a joke out of all those players we failed to sign even 1 and yes there is still hope as far as Torres & Diarra but i for 1 am convinced all we can expect is another pensioner for free and thatll be our squad

and maybe Oddo which will be a good signing
siatanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:50   #15
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi

We've been sitting back alot. I don't know what happened to Milan, but we always seemed to get our players, WHEN we wanted them. We wanted Gilardino, well at one point it was almost considered impossible, but we got him. We snatched kaka from sao paolo right under real madrid and chelsea's noses, and once they realised we got him, they didn't know what hit them. We got Lazio's captain...Nesta. We've been lagging this year. IMHO, Ancelotti doesn't want to spend big, and see how this current squad will do for a few months, and then buy re-inforcements in January.

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:55   #16
siatanhai
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
We've been sitting back alot. I don't know what happened to Milan, but we always seemed to get our players, WHEN we wanted them. We wanted Gilardino, well at one point it was almost considered impossible, but we got him. We snatched kaka from sao paolo right under real madrid and chelsea's noses, and once they realised we got him, they didn't know what hit them. We got Lazio's captain...Nesta. We've been lagging this year. IMHO, Ancelotti doesn't want to spend big, and see how this current squad will do for a few months, and then buy re-inforcements in January.
for our sakes i hope your right but why would he do that our squad isnt good neough at the moment, why not sign players now in pre-season and allow them to gell & bond a bit better whereas in january they will be thrown into the thick of it
Old 10-08-2006, 16:28   #17
Melanzano
Rookie

Fav. Players: KakÓ -Ambrosini- Rui- Pirlo- Caf¨

I say Braida get us Maxi Rodriguez and Torres
as for our defence Gallas & Alvarez..

What do you guys think of these players ? I think they fitt .
Melanzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 17:17   #18
GAMilan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: AC Milan Players

No chance on all four. I really don't see any new players coming, of any significance.
GAMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 17:20   #19
siatanhai
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanzano
I say Braida get us Maxi Rodriguez and Torres
as for our defence Gallas & Alvarez..

What do you guys think of these players ? I think they fitt .
great players but who is alvarez????
do u weriously think our management will sign even 1 of them ????
Old 10-08-2006, 18:05   #20
Mystik
National Team Player

Canm players bought in January be played in champions league ? ..somehow I don't think so.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote