The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 10-08-2006, 18:05   #21
Milanista4_Life
December Here We Go!

Fav. Players: Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou

Maxi Rodriguez and Tevez...and just Gallas....
Milanista4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 18:14   #22
cccp
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten

We should remember that we have just survived from the verdict. what would happen happen if we were refused to play in CL? big-money players will become financial nightmares.
Then we didn't sign Ibra and Crespo. Do you remember how old is Crespo? and Ibra how many goals did he score for Juve last two season? Yes, we neend a striker badly, but I am not regret about Ibra nor Crespo.
There is one guy I would be so regret if we won't get him, he is Buffon.
cccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 18:37   #23
the one and only sheva
Rookie

Fav. Players: sheva,nesta,kakŕ,maldini, ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccp
There is one guy I would be so regret if we won't get him, he is Buffon.
i regret they didn't get:
-zambrotta : we need to buy a replacement for cafu. he's still great but he's getting old.
-cannavaro. we already have top central defenders with kakha , nesta and maldini but canna is really a wold class player + italian.

they both didn't cost much. that was a verry stupid mistake, not to purchase them.
the one and only sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 18:46   #24
Redsun
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio

i feel regret and dissapointed in crespo case.he waited for us but we didn't give a damn to him.than we tried to think optimistic as usual like "hey,inter can get him, anyway, we don't need him cause we'll buy a bigger and talented name,he's old blah blah..." which many of us expecting ibra or torres to come.than ibra also went to inter and we are still waiting... but optimistic feelings turning to anger and dissapointment.i believe we'll only be happy with a transfer like torres-ronaldinho-etc...but it also seems very hard from this point.hope berlusconi makes his surprise and shut our mouths up just like in our past shining transfer seasons.practicaly and psychologically whole milan community-family waiting for this to happen.or they should be honest and tell community the truth if they don't think any thropy or top victories in europe for this next 2 years cause of making the team young.than our feelings turn to normal again i think.
Redsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 19:15   #25
Milanista4_Life
December Here We Go!

Fav. Players: Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou

not getting no one who is great would of been ok....if we would of not let Sheva and Stam go....but now we are weaker than in the last couple of years in my point of view....
Milanista4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 19:21   #26
grande_sheva7
Nesta's calm

Fav. Players: Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka

what the fuck is going on?!?! why milan didn't snap up Ibra is beyond me. After Inter's bid was refused the first time it was a prime chance to pick him up but know they let him go to their biggest rivals. this is ridiculous, berlu has BILLIONS and isnt willing to spend anything.
grande_sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 19:44   #27
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

I am very very dissapointed from Milan this summer. 1st, Zambrotta was 80% ours and we didn't get him 2nd, Buffon was about singing with us, milan didn't get him. 3rd, Crespo was waiting for milan and inter get him before us 4th, we are buying old players.

And the 5th most important, WE NEED TO GET TORRES

C'mon milan wake up.. and see Inter transfers

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 20:37   #28
Fiore
National Team Player

Fav. Players: R. Baggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Canm players bought in January be played in champions league ? ..somehow I don't think so.
They can, if they are added to the roster.
Fiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 21:18   #29
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Canm players bought in January be played in champions league ? ..somehow I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore
They can, if they are added to the roster.
And provided they have not played in the Champions League or UEFA Cup for another team in the same season.

I don't think we are going to spend any more money. Juve really doesn't want to let anyone else go and I think we blew it by not getting some players from there, especially the defenders.

I've come to the concludsion that we just really don't like to spend money anymore and in the summer following the World Cup, players are always way overvalued and I just don't see us buying anyone.

If we buy anything I think it would be a forward as I can't see anyone at the club honestly thinking that having Amoroso as the 3rd forward and Boriello as the 4th forward is acceptable. Especially with Inzaghi's injury history.

Does anyone have a breakdown of Milan transfers by year since 2000?

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 21:19   #30
As-21
Rookie

Something realy bad is going on...
It's true that we just survived the verdict but, since then 2 weeks pasted
and only 1 transfer? we can't win anything, and we will end up like last year or even worse.
I realy don't get what is going with our mangment, they think that we are going
to shut up and or will be pleased if they promise us a surprise?
nah...
As-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 21:27   #31
Demerio
Photoshop Lieutenant

Fav. Players: KAKA-Pandev-PATO

When i was talking that AC disappointed me this year everyone was laghing 2 me.
Everyone was quoting me and telling me 2 shut up...LET ME SE UR FACES NOW MATES ?!?!?!?!

I have SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE. THIS CLUB NEEDS 2 BE CRITICISED BIG TIME !!!

Signature
Demerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 23:06   #32
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerio
When i was talking that AC disappointed me this year everyone was laghing 2 me.
Everyone was quoting me and telling me 2 shut up...LET ME SE UR FACES NOW MATES ?!?!?!?!

I have SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE. THIS CLUB NEEDS 2 BE CRITICISED BIG TIME !!!
Just because Ibrahimovic signed for Inter

Next week they'll sign Torres and they will be your heroes
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 23:13   #33
siatanhai
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,

well i say we give our management till the opening serie A games if by then we are in the same situation we know there are big problems, dont get me wrong i think so far they have been a joke as they have failed to secure any of the players that we could have snapped up easy but as we know they can be quiet with their signings so maybe some1 is being lined up(i just hope its not vieri )
siatanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 00:37   #34
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

accordin' to RAI... Milan is targettin' Trez... Drogba & fat boy Ronaldo... oh boy... are we preparin' for Serie B by the way?

Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C'č solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:33   #35
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by siatanhai
(i just hope its not vieri )
Nah he's gone to Samp.
Anyway back on topic...Our transfer progress is total shit we've let Zambrotta + Ibrahimovic slip...We've signed a new defender who's not nearly as good as Stam is even if he is younger + we're lookin at Drogba + Ronaldo now as Sheva's replacment???
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:53   #36
kenichy
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: fowler, maradona, pirlo

seems to me that milan managemant have no goals for this season hence the transfers that have been made. i have very little expectations for this season. maybe a 3th/4th place in the league, probably getting to quarter finals in the champions league. right now we have a mid-upper table team and thats it. scudetto seems very far right now. champions league seems like a dream. it is not that we need one or two transfers, we needed alot of transfers since past years. many of our players are just too unpredictable. kaka can have a very good game then have a so so game and then disappear and never be seen in a game until the final minute and he scores and wins the game. the same can be said about others. we have no decent wings bla bla.

i don't know. the truth is that i am not saying something that hasn't been said for the amount of time i have been in this forum. apparently our management is blind. i like ancelotti but im convinced that the only way we can get good decent transfers is by getting a new coach. his time in milan is up.
kenichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:05   #37
milan*7
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I don't think we are going to spend any more money. Juve really doesn't want to let anyone else go and I think we blew it by not getting some players from there, especially the defenders.

...If we buy anything I think it would be a forward as I can't see anyone at the club honestly thinking that having Amoroso as the 3rd forward and Boriello as the 4th forward is acceptable. Especially with Inzaghi's injury history.
Yes, it does look that way. Given the lack of urgency from Braida & co. either they're planning a surprise swoop or our transfer clout's been really diminished by the scandal. And Juve 'not selling any more players' my ass! They certainly will if the price is high enough.

But true, I don't see Milan prying away any good forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenichy
i like ancelotti but im convinced that the only way we can get good decent transfers is by getting a new coach. his time in milan is up.
The guy has barely any say in the line-up, how can he possibly direct tranfer negotiations? Face it, this is all Silvio's show + we're just along for the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila#11.
Nah he's gone to Samp.
And now he's left Samp. Bobo's 2nd, anyone?

Signature

~ INSIEME ... con il diavolo in cuore ~
milan*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:11   #38
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

its simple.
no big players will come till we are garanteed group stage CL football...
ie...wait after 2nd leg...

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:22   #39
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
We've been sitting back alot. I don't know what happened to Milan, but we always seemed to get our players, WHEN we wanted them. We wanted Gilardino, well at one point it was almost considered impossible, but we got him. We snatched kaka from sao paolo right under real madrid and chelsea's noses, and once they realised we got him, they didn't know what hit them. We got Lazio's captain...Nesta. We've been lagging this year. IMHO, Ancelotti doesn't want to spend big, and see how this current squad will do for a few months, and then buy re-inforcements in January.
I agree. I don't think we should buy big names for the sake of buying big names we have to buy the right players for the right positions. Take into account that this preseason has been probably one of the worst in recent times with the Calciopoli scandal and the Champions League Prelim. We have bought well with Bonera and Gourcuff we're lacking a striker to similar qualities to Shevchenko. That's what we need to conquer Europe. There's still just over 3 weeks to go so anything can happen.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:31   #40
av1hs89
Passive Fanatic

Fav. Players: Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano

the transfer period has been bad...i like signing gourcuff and bonera because they are young, but then we also sign favalli...
i am also disappointed about missing out on several juve players who wanted to come to milan

even though the transfer market doesnt close till 8/31, the champions league has already diminished our options
av1hs89 is offline   Reply With Quote