The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:10   #21
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Thanks Italian Tsar. Very good article. However I have two questions.

1. I don't remember anyone marking Cafu as a probable flop when we signed him. Matter of fact, I loved his performances with Roma and Brasil and thought he would be just the thing for us. Can anyone refresh my memory about that?

2. I remember Seedorf being a lot faster than he is now, and having a lot more stamina. If it's true that he has developed some muscles to perfection, how come he has such a decline in pure physical ability?

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:09   #22
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Thanks Italian Tsar. Very good article. However I have two questions.

1. I don't remember anyone marking Cafu as a probable flop when we signed him. Matter of fact, I loved his performances with Roma and Brasil and thought he would be just the thing for us. Can anyone refresh my memory about that?

2. I remember Seedorf being a lot faster than he is now, and having a lot more stamina. If it's true that he has developed some muscles to perfection, how come he has such a decline in pure physical ability?
IMO, It's to do with his age and also because he has been playin 1st team football @ a high level since he was 16/17 without any rest, he hasn't any major injuries that I can think of. If you think about it most players don't become 1st team regulars till they are 21/22 barring the odd exceptions due to ability.

So like Vieria when it goes it goes without warning, while alot of players you can see the decline coming. And considering he has done everything he can in club football his desire and hunger isn't what it once was.

In a sadistic way, sometimes it is better to have some sort of injury that keeps you out for a while to allow your body to heal, plus playin the amount of games that Milan have played since the turn of the year it has taken its toll. I think during my commentary of the game they said that Milan had played 2 more games than Arsenal have since 08 has began and that isn't good when an aging side is going up against teams like Arsenal & Man United of the world
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:38   #23
jasiom
AC Milan Capitan

Fav. Players: Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.

Football nowdays is becoming more and more like rugby, a lot of results are only down to Physical Fitness training, Strengh and Stamina... If you want to be the best... you need to work harder than most...also, and maily in those physical areas, so Injuries will be inevetable, in case of Milan's aging squad even more so, still Milan Lab, I am positive is doing wonderful things for Milan,
just look at Maldini... or...
What is the avarage age of current Europe and World Champions? ;-) :-P

Strong players are the key, these days...
Gattuso, Ambrosini, De Rossi, Rooney, Materazzi... are they technically brazilian like? ...ish.. don't tink so, Jaaa?
but they get the results.

when the line of Ambrosini, Pirlo, Gattuso are not in top form, we lose, simple.
...and don't forget ;-) these are players that won the world cup. :-)

more...
Is Baggio Right - Has Skill Disappeared From Football?

Signature

Last edited by jasiom; 01-04-2008 at 09:44.
jasiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 16:51   #24
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal.com
Emerson: Milan Doctors Were Wrong
Milan flop Emerson is recovering from his recent operation, and he reveals that the wrong decision was made for him to play through the pain barrier last season.

Emerson moved to San Siro from Real Madrid last summer, but had a miserable season, making just six Serie A starts due to injury, and struggling when he was on the field.

The Brazilian has been heavily criticised, however it seems that a key reason for his poor form was because he was playing through injury.

“It would have been better [to rest] but I was influenced by the desire to give my all,” Emerson told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I should have stopped after Japan [the Club World Cup], but there were so many commitments so I carried on after consultation with my doctors.

“I surrendered when the pain became unbearable. So it's true - we made the wrong decision.”

Emerson had an operation on a stress fracture to his left leg, and he should be ready to return in around three months.

"I do not want to waste time,” the 32-year-old stated.

“The holiday with my family is already over. Now I am in Sao Paulo where I am following a programme of physiotherapyso I can get myself into a good condition.

"After the operation in mid-May Professor Martens told me that I would be ready in three and a half to four months. But now I have been guaranteed that I will recover in less than three months.”
What's wrong with our lab ?
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 17:38   #25
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes
What's wrong with our lab ?
it's haunted by steve irwin
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 17:39   #26
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 22-06-2008 at 14:55.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 17:44   #27
inomilan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
there's nothin' wrong... it only seems Brazilians have undetectable injuries...
roflmao!!!!!!!!

Signature
inomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 19:48   #28
drucurl
Banned

Quote:
there's nothin' wrong... it only seems Brazilians have undetectable injuries...
More agenda driven hate mongering I see. I wonder if you've read the article. Emerson says that the Lab picked up the injury BUT reccommended that he still play. Their RECCOMMENDATION was screwed up........Naturally you are sending a not-so-thinly veiled attack on Ronaldo but didn't the same lab that couldn't find his injury look monumentally stupid when they gave hi the all clear loooong before Ronnie himself took the chance and f**ked up his knee o n the SAME leg that he complained about?? What about your beloved MVB.....pity the LAB could have done NOTHING to save either him or Redondo (*gasp* an Argentine).

Naturally Serginho and ODDO (lookie lookie an Italian- the zenith of professionalism) were out with undetected injuries too right? RIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHT
Old 02-06-2008, 20:00   #29
siatanhai
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,

i thought milan was renound for having one of of not the best staff including physios etc in the world - i remember seeing something on this kind of thing as far as facilities n staff we rank right up there with the top teams apparently, but this was a long time ago
siatanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 20:20   #30
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
More agenda driven hate mongering I see. I wonder if you've read the article. Emerson says that the Lab picked up the injury BUT reccommended that he still play. Their RECCOMMENDATION was screwed up........Naturally you are sending a not-so-thinly veiled attack on Ronaldo but didn't the same lab that couldn't find his injury look monumentally stupid when they gave hi the all clear loooong before Ronnie himself took the chance and f**ked up his knee o n the SAME leg that he complained about?? What about your beloved MVB.....pity the LAB could have done NOTHING to save either him or Redondo (*gasp* an Argentine).

Naturally Serginho and ODDO (lookie lookie an Italian- the zenith of professionalism) were out with undetected injuries too right? RIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHT
Heard of sarcasm ?

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 21:39   #31
drucurl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
Heard of sarcasm ?
zZ[- -]Zz wasn't being sarcastic. He and the Stupidity Triad Version 2.0 troll around all the threads to spew their jealousy driven, anti Ronaldo/anti Brazilian agendas. He and the triad doubted that Ronaldo was injured and frequently accused him of faking.....hence the "invisible injury thing"
Old 02-06-2008, 21:57   #32
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 22-06-2008 at 14:55.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 22:04   #33
drucurl
Banned

Quote:
LOLZ... drucurl seriously got angry there... even though i didn't finish readin' his post...

that was not an anti-fat fag post... Pato also had an undetectable injury... not only fat fag... the whole world doesn't evolve around him...

this you can considered anti-fat fag...
First of all the expression is "the wohle world doesn't RE-VOLVE around him"

Secondly Pato's injuries were detectable...unless of course his ankle wasn't detectable
Old 25-06-2008, 07:35   #34
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Not saying they're related, but didn't know where else to stick this - Dr. Sala's resigned as club doctor and Dr. Massimo Manara has taken over.

A.C.MILAN COMUNICATO UFFICIALE
24/06/2008
MILANO - L’A.C. Milan comunica che a partire dal prossimo 1° luglio il Dottor Massimo Manara assumerà la carica di Medico Sociale della Società rossonera. Al Dottor Massimiliano Sala, che ha rassegnato le dimissioni, vanno i nostri più sentiti ringraziamenti per la professionalità e la passione dimostrate negli ultimi cinque anni.

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 07:49   #35
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Thank you Dr. Massimiliano Sala, for all your years of dedication and commitment to this project and to the well being of current and former Milan players.

Welcome and congratulations Dr. Massimo Manara, on your appointment.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 10:07   #36
Tsar
Banned

Thank you for what has to be the most trivial piece of information imparted on me...

When can we expect word on the new ball boy appointment?
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 17:54   #37
Centre
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
First of all the expression is "the wohle world doesn't RE-VOLVE around him"
ever see Encino Man?

i think the whole world did actually "evolve" around Brendan Fraiser in that movie... i think it would apply to the guys in those gieco commercials as well... maybe he was trying to say that ronaldo isnt a cave man?? seems fairly obvious to me that ronaldo is in fact NOT a cave man.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 19:08   #38
lia
yada yada

Fav. Players: Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely
Not saying they're related, but didn't know where else to stick this - Dr. Sala's resigned as club doctor and Dr. Massimo Manara has taken over.

24/06/2008
MILANO - L’A.C. Milan comunica che a partire dal prossimo 1° luglio il Dottor Massimo Manara assumerà la carica di Medico Sociale della Società rossonera. Al Dottor Massimiliano Sala, che ha rassegnato le dimissioni, vanno i nostri più sentiti ringraziamenti per la professionalità e la passione dimostrate negli ultimi cinque anni.
I know him, but as the cute Milan doctor.

Signature
lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 19:15   #39
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely

24/06/2008
and Dr. Manara is coming from Parma. i hope he would be contribute much in Milan Lab which is its capability is doubted these days lately based on many cases.

Signature
Life Goes On
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 19:27   #40
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
and Dr. Manara is coming from Parma. i hope he would be contribute much in Milan Lab which is its capability is doubted these days lately based on many cases.
I know, maybe Dr. Manara can improve things at Milanello, but I'll still miss the very cute Dr. Sala.

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote