Amantino Mancini Thread

FaRa13

Kuq e Zi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Ballack, Pirlo, Gerrard, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, De Rossi
hmm..another inconsistent brazilian is better then nothing at all.. i hope this works.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
After the WTF? moment:

Uhm...highly inconsistent, eventhough when he performed well for Roma, Roma fans didn't really care about him leaving and in fact all highlighted that he was super inconsistent. The last time he was good all season long was 03/04, and then on long spells of 06/07. Terrible at Inter, perhaps even worse than Quaresma, just that he was less expensive.

Let's hope he is one of those Inter flops that turns to gold with us.

Tere mu mein ghee shakar.
Its hindi but i dont know the english phrase for it.
Its a saying actually maybe like may ur words turn into gold.

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
Tere mu mein ghee shakar.
Its hindi but i dont know the english phrase for it.
Its a saying actually maybe like may ur words turn into gold.

Amen, god bless you...:)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
I'm giving him a chance, no sense throwing him under the bus when he hasn't even played the first minute with us yet.

Welcome Tino!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Another fellow citizen of mine.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
About 3 years too late, but he can play RB/LB can't he?

Probably been posted before but.. I always liked him for this goal

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'm lazy, but someone should post his best goal: against Lazio with Roma (of course, I think he didn't even score one with Inter).

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I'm lazy, but someone should post his best goal: against Lazio with Roma (of course, I think he didn't even score one with Inter).

Well, it cannot be better than to score vs Lazio when playing for Roma.

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
About 3 years too late, but he can play RB/LB can't he?
no, he can't. He was brought to Roma originally to replace Cafu as right WB in 3-5-2 formation they played, but from then on he only played as a winger or even striker in 4-2-3-1 or similar formation. He has absolutely no defensive qualities and no way he'll be played as a full-back.
Ideal position for him in current Milan formation is Ronaldinho's position, although he could be useful as Pato's replacement, also.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate

He should play in Ronnie's position and move ronnie to the right, or behind borriello

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
If he does perform, Printer will just keep him.

Marvelous loan-to-buy deals, they just seem to work for us.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Weird buy on first appearance, but actually cant be more consistent with Milan's policies. Brazilian, suspect age, Inter player, on the free. But history says it worked out in the past, and he's good depth for the position necessary. Not a great signing but at least its something and its not as if he doesn't have the talent, maybe what he needs is Milan to show it to the fullest. :) Hope he turns it around and becomes what he was at Roma.

Hilarious video with the corner. :D poor guy

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If he does perform, Printer will just keep him.

Marvelous loan-to-buy deals, they just seem to work for us.

we have an offer to make the loan a co-own deal if he does well for 6m. then if inter want him back we can bid 5m and we can make our money back and have a great player for 2 years. that if he does well

if he's shite then just don't sign him.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

AMANTINO ROSSONERO
2/1/2010 4:43:00 PM
Fundamental column of the nice football played by Roma from 2003 to 2008, Amantino Mancini arrives to the Rossoneri after a year and a half with the Nerazzurri. Coach Leonardo and all of Milan greet him with affection.

MILAN - An important reinforcement, an important player. Amantini Mancini arrives to Milan to offer unpredictibility to the Rossoneri's moves in alternative to Ronaldinho and Pato, in the games in which one of the two Brazilian champions cannot be played. The last-minute transfer of the Rossoneri's market will join the squad in hte afternoon of tomorrow, following the official presentation at 1pm.

Alessandro Faiolhe Amantino Mancini, born on August 1, 1980 at Belo Horizone (Brazil), started his career at Atletico Mineiro, the team of his home town. In 2002 Roma discover him. The first move of the Giallorossi is that of turning him on loan to Venezia for one eason. The balance: 13 appearances and a great lob goal against Vicenza.

Roma take the player back with the hope of turning him into the new Cafu, who in the meantime left the capital city to reach Milan where he would have won the 2003-04 Scudetto. In the meantime Mancini repays the trust of the coach Fabio Capello and becomes one of the protagonists of a very important season for Roma, substituting Cafu very well and scoring a beautiful back-heel goal in the derby against Lazio.

In the following two years, a series of injuries stop him from being consistent, but Mancini, in the second part of the 2005-06 season returns to express himself on very good levels, succeeding to reintegrate himself in the formation of Roma and scoring decisive goals. With time he becomes an important column in the Roma midfield and an essential part of Spalletti's game.

In the 2006/07 he wins the Coppa Italia with the Giallorossi's shirt and on August 19 the Italian Super Cup against Roberto Mancini's Inter. In that season Amantino is noticed also due to a goal scored in the last sixteen of the UEFA Champions League aganst Lyon, finishing a counter attack move started by Francesco Totti with a series of double steps inside the penalty area, which surprise defender Reveillere: goal under the crossbar. In the 2007/08 season the balance of Mancini is: 46 total appearances and 13 goals (8 in Serie A, 2 in Champions League and 3 in Coppa Italia).

On July 15, 2008, Inter officially announces the purchase of the player from Roma. Mancini scores the first goal with the Nerazzurri's shirt on September 16, 2008 in the away match in Athens of the Champions League against Panathinaikos, which ended 2-0.

With the Brazilian national team, Mancini won the Copa America of 2004.

With Amantino Mancini, right now, there are five Brazilian players in the Rossoneri's squad: Mancini, Dida, Thiago Silva, Ronaldinho and Pato. In his career against Milan he scored a decisive goal in the last match of the first round of the 2005/06 season: It was January 2006 and Amantino's goal for the 1-0 Roma win signed the start of a great comeback in the league by the Giallorossi's team.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=115738

Is that English? Feels like they translated his wiki to Italian and then changed it through google translate.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Weird buy on first appearance, but actually cant be more consistent with Milan's policies. Brazilian, suspect age, Inter player, on the free.

I read we're going to pay 4M€ or sth? Anybody to confirm the fee with some source?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I read we're going to pay 4M€ or sth? Anybody to confirm the fee with some source?

we pay nothing now. but if we want to keep him(co-own for a year) we pay a figure between 3m and 6m. nobody really knows.

also. the bit on the new players is always read like a eulogy and it's very stupid IMO. i remember when kalac had a problem with his cervix :D

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He should play in Ronnie's position and move ronnie to the right, or behind borriello

If he is atleast 70 % of the player he was in Roma, he will a massive upgrade over Abate at RB. Atleast he can cross and got some skills.

And moving Dinho to right is not going to work. Even at Barca, very little games we played at right, he was half as effective in his best days. So playing him now at right will be better than playing Beckham at right, but won't be good eother.

we pay nothing now. but if we want to keep him(co-own for a year) we pay a figure between 3m and 6m. nobody really knows.

And why should we keep/co-own him. Co-owning a 30 year old player is useless. Else atleast wen he is sold, we can get some cash. Loan will be good enough.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score

God I used to LOVE that Roma team, haha Favalli couldnt defend for sh*t back then too :D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If he is atleast 70 % of the player he was in Roma, he will a massive upgrade over Abate at RB. Atleast he can cross and got some skills.

And moving Dinho to right is not going to work. Even at Barca, very little games we played at right, he was half as effective in his best days. So playing him now at right will be better than playing Beckham at right, but won't be good eother.

And why should we keep/co-own him. Co-owning a 30 year old player is useless. Else atleast wen he is sold, we can get some cash. Loan will be good enough.

well i think that if he has a great 2nd half of the season i would sign him or sign a better replacement. then if we do sign him see how he does next season. if he fails. just bid £0 and if he does well then just bid £5m and we break even if inter want him back and it's not an extortianate figure

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players

he hasn't played RB in a while and I figured he was brought here to add something to our attack. If we did put him RB, what would you do until Pato comes back put abate on the right wing or adiyiah?

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he hasn't played RB in a while and I figured he was brought here to add something to our attack. If we did put him RB, what would you do until Pato comes back put abate on the right wing or adiyiah?

Right now i'd play him at Right wing. But once Pato is back, RB is not a bad option.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
RW until pato is back then a backup or experiment.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Well since the deal went through.. welcome Amantino! :)

.. (I may still harbour a bit hate for you due to your associations with Merda.. but I'm sure I will learn to love you like I do Pirlo, Seedorf, and especially Favallinho.)

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
i am actually impressed that Galliani was able to broker a deal he may not be the best player in the merda but still inter are openly hostile to Milan in the transfer market and wouldn't normally be willing to give us added advantage it not like we paid 40 euros for him either he fact is on loan is fairly puzzling as well. In terms of getting Mancini well he is free you can't complain if he turns out to be a success great but for the time being he is a improvement on a inexperienced Adiyiah.

btw I feel bad for Galliani he literally has a zero transfer budget to work with and is asked to improve the team in addition he is taking a lot of flak of the media and the fans what can we expect him to do. He has made a lot of mistakes but most of those started with Berlusconi 'saying i like that player i want Milan to buy him', it seems a new found feeling of sympathy but he has made the best use of the resources given to him the only exception this season is a certain Huntelaar who was brought to distract the fans from the summer misery.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
ronnie----pato----mancini
and they rotate between themselves i think that would work.leo has a couple of pairings he can try out.anyways forza mancini and kick ass!

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
i am not a fan of mancini by any means, but I like this transfer a lot. he will be a good sub for Dinho where we didn't have one before. he'll probably find more peace here and do well for us and might even get back to his rome form. plus it will keep dinho on his toes and push him to perform as we know he can. all in all, this ia a great move. if we bought him I'd be furious, but since its a loan. I think its a fantastic transfer.

Now... even though I like this move, there's 2 things I don't like:

1) Why didn't we get any CB cover... even bringing back Astori (yes I know he's no world-beater) would have been an easy, very cheap, and smart thing to do.

2) Inter fucking signed Mariga.... Mariga was one of the guys I wanted badly for our midfield and now he went to the shit side of Milan. I am not happy about it one bit and we should have signed him for midfield depth. I'm pissed about this:mad:

Schedule