Leandro Grimi Thread

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
costacurta5 said:
From acmilan.com....

The following side will face Birkirkara on Tuesday:

Fiori; Cafu, Simic, Maldini, Grimi; Brocchi, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Di Gennaro; Ricardo Oliveira, Gilardino.

Could be a trial offcourse, but at least he is there palying it seems...

Is Di Gennaro an attacking midfielder?

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
madtherchot said:
Is Di Gennaro an attacking midfielder?

He is striker .. one of the best also in the primavera league alongside Willy ..

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Thanks. Really hope I get to watch the game ... but for those more fortunate + capable, care to create a torrent, perhaps? :)

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I heard he's the Totti type of striker...so I guess he can play in Kaka's position quite comfortably.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
This kid had best not be the second coming of Chamot. I recall securing Chamot's transfer. The media ensured Milan had captured the next Roberto Ayala. Instead, we got the first Jose Chamot. Together with "Rocky Jonur" they could have easily installed all of the highlights for a Serie A bloopers video from 00-03.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Hey everybody. Hope you had a good christmas. :)

Does anyone have any more info on this guy yet? Or more videos of him in action?

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Grimi shines in Milan debut Tuesday 9 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New signing Leandro Grimi impressed in Milan’s 5-0 friendly victory in Malta, while Pippo Inzaghi bagged a brace.

The Rossoneri hope to rediscover their form in this winter training jaunt in the warmth of the island and have shown signs of recovery.

Maltese champions Birkirkara were thrashed at the Ta Quali stadium in La Valletta in a test ahead of Thuesday’s Coppa Italia quarter-finals against Arezzo.

Ricardo Oliveira opened the scoring on Andrea Pirlo’s assist, followed after the break by Clarence Seedorf, long-term injury casualty Giuseppe Favalli and two from Inzaghi.

All eyes were on January signing Grimi and the Argentine performed well when he came on for the second half.

He was focused and eager to impress, but it looks as if the South American will need several weeks before he can be match fit and ready for a Serie A debut.

The 21-year-old left-back was playing his first game in a Milan jersey since his switch from Racing Club was completed.

www.channel4.com

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's another overlooked theory: it might as well be that Galliani knew beforehand about the world class talent of this player, so he gave him a call and told him to suck for a while (as Moggi did with Ibrahimovic) so we'd pay peanuts for him.

This thread ranks third in Google for "leandro grimi". So Grimi, if you Googled yourself and stumbled upon this thread, please register and clear this affair up for us (VIP status provided upon request). Thanks.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People.... :rolleyes: He didn't *shine* in his debut. Some say he was shifted to CB because he kinda sucked @ LB.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Passion for *9* said:
People.... :rolleyes: He didn't *shine* in his debut. Some say he was shifted to CB because he kinda sucked @ LB.

did you see the game? Ive heard all this stuff about him from ppl that havent even watched the game.
I didnt watch it myself, but I'd like to hear from someone that actualy watched hte game, and understands a good performance when they see one.

Speaking of good performances - Aliadiare was phenomenal.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
did you see the game? Ive heard all this stuff about him from ppl that havent even watched the game.
I didnt watch it myself, but I'd like to hear from someone that actualy watched hte game, and understands a good performance when they see one.
No, I haven't seen the game but since I was tired of 'hearing all this stuff' I went + lurked in places where people post who have seen the game.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TheGrinch said:
I haven't seen the game but after i saw his photo today on the offical site he's a player for our under 15 team... :D
Well... let's just wait + see if + how he develops, but there's no need to overenthuse after dude had like 4 training sessions with us + featured in a friendly. Channel4 sucks.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
David said:
There's another overlooked theory: it might as well be that Galliani knew beforehand about the world class talent of this player, so he gave him a call and told him to suck for a while (as Moggi did with Ibrahimovic) so we'd pay peanuts for him.

This thread ranks third in Google for "leandro grimi". So Grimi, if you Googled yourself and stumbled upon this thread, please register and clear this affair up for us (VIP status provided upon request). Thanks.

A valid theory, but, he should start un-sucking now that he's at Milan + you can hardly call 2 mil, for a no-namer, a bargain. Either the scouts pulled out a Kaka' or did their usual shit. All reports I've read said he did well but looked out of shape + no where near being match-fit. He's young though and could improve + prove us all wrong. But I still would have preferred a decent backup for Janku - who's been our left back in almost all our games this season. Oh wait a minute, we've got Favalli :rolleyes:

Off Topic: Wouldn't that be something ... officially inviting players offering them VIP privileges :)

Beach_Babe

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Gila, Buffon, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Nesta And Everyone who plays at Milan
Grimi played ok last night, not brilliant but good enough

He was playing as central defender as well after about 20mins, and hit some good passes for Aubameyang and Inzaghi scored his second goal with one of them.

bryan1202

Chileno De Corazon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan Players, Chile National team and Chile sub 20
i didnt watch him debut :cry:

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Dario Simic has been impressed with Grimi even after only two days of training and he said: 'Leandro has settled in well, it seems as if he is used to it already.' Already voted the best young player in the opening part of the Argentine league, Grimi will offer Carlo Ancelotti plenty of options in defence although the coach maintains that the player needs at least a month to settle into the squad. However, after that we will be hearing a lot more about young Leandro.

Source: acmilan.com

Seems like we didn't buy a no-name after all :D

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Grimi signs Milan deal Thursday 11 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leandro Grimi is officially a Milan player after the defender’s transfer was finally completed on Thursday.

The Argentine, signed from Racing Club, has been in Italy since late December but a delay in paperwork meant that the Rossoneri could only tie up the deal this evening.

The 21-year-old has put pen to paper on an agreement until June 30, 2011, and could feature against Arezzo in the Italian Cup later tonight.

Grimi, a left-back, was captured after he impressed during transfer guru Ariedo Braida’s recent tour of South America.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
kakarulez said:
Already voted the best young player in the opening part of the Argentine league, Grimi

:rolleyes: best player in Argentina?? lol what a joke!
José Sosa (21), Gonzalo Higuaín (19)... were WAY better

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
vani_pirlo_21 said:
:rolleyes: best player in Argentina?? lol what a joke!
José Sosa (21), Gonzalo Higuaín (19)... were WAY better

Probably he was voted "man of any tournament".. but the press like always are weak in translation.. so they made mistake.. LOL .. it has sense somehow.

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
kakarulez said:
Dario Simic has been impressed with Grimi even after only two days of training and he said: 'Leandro has settled in well, it seems as if he is used to it already.' Already voted the best young player in the opening part of the Argentine league, Grimi will offer Carlo Ancelotti plenty of options in defence although the coach maintains that the player needs at least a month to settle into the squad. However, after that we will be hearing a lot more about young Leandro.

That's not true. or at least, CAN'T, i always watch the argentinan league and there are way better players there.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I have idea , why we dont declare someone from Milan .. player of the world ? Tomorow we will have that written on press.. channel4 , tribalcrap , even official Milan site will believe us ;) ..

My vote goes for Kalac..

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One thing that i found strage on acmilan.com was the language they used about him settling in it seemed like we'd made a big mistake in signing him this isn't exactly what i saw earlier today, but it gives you a good idea of their uncertainty if this was a quality signing "GRIMI DEBUT - Yesterday's game was not a test so we can't judge. Grimi has only had four training sessions. He's got another month to settle in and we have to take it in a relaxed manner".

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Gila#11. said:
One thing that i found strage on acmilan.com was the language they used about him settling in it seemed like we'd made a big mistake in signing him this isn't exactly what i saw earlier today, but it gives you a good idea of their uncertainty if this was a quality signing "GRIMI DEBUT - Yesterday's game was not a test so we can't judge. Grimi has only had four training sessions. He's got another month to settle in and we have to take it in a relaxed manner".

Yeah , you have right .. but you can also interpretate that in positive way..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^^ Yea, it's a neutral statement IMO.

Btw, I was expecting worse from him tonight. He made one or 2 good runs + also got a cross in if I recall correctly.

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
yes he did get a cross, i watched some of the game, the cross was good just that the goalie got to it.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Grimi played good. Has good drive in defense and a real combatitive nature. Also made a few runs forward + delivered some crossed this morning. Good debut.

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
Yah and hes pretty fast.. at the corner of the flag he was taking out the guy slide tackling trying to get the ball, didnt get close and took out the guy which is good :D Another great hustler . i think he will do ok with Milan.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Regarding Grimi and 'best young player etc', this is what i found on skysports:

''He was voted the best young player of the 2006 autumn Apertura tournament, and Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti believes he may have uncovered a gem.''

I have no idea what that is, but i guess some people who follow the argentinian league can let us know :)