All About Music

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Jasper said:
They all at VR now? Damn VR really rocks in a old-fashoined way.

Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum are in VR now. Izzy is doing his own projects and he played a bit with the new gnr in some gigs.I like Izzy a lot and some of his albums post-GNR are quite good, very Stones-influenced.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
red&black_fever said:
but then you'd be classed - and rightly so - a fucking ignorant person .:)
Which is the exact reason you made that post, but just thought I'd point it out ;)
Ooooh... the black metalist getting a lil touchy... LOL... I wasn't the one condemning certain other music styles but of course it's more convenient to shoot from the hip than read back, right ? :o

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jasper said:
axlrose.jpg
That's Axl Rose? :eek: Oh, how the mighty have fallen. He looks like a poor Ali G ripoff.

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Passion for *9* said:
Ooooh... the black metalist getting a lil touchy... LOL...
Thus proving my point of certain peoples ignorance, well if you actually cared to think for yourself, instead of blindly throwing round stupid labels and hoping they stick you'd know better. I haven't listened to black metal for a couple of months, crappy production and praising satan aren't exactly my cup of tea.

So because you listen to techno, I guess (following your lead) that you goto raves and roll on E' every weekend?:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Axl said:
Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum are in VR now. Izzy is doing his own projects and he played a bit with the new gnr in some gigs.
I read in Rolling Stone that VR is close to finishing their 2nd album. I hope it will be better than their first. I enjoyed Contraband a lot, it was a rocking album but it somehow lacked the 'Axl touch', meaning the glossy and sentimental part that can be combined with grittiness and hard rocking blues, just like Estranged, ...Heaven's Door, Civil War.

Most of the slow songs in Contraband (loving the alien, fall to pieces) are all guitar driven songs. Wish they could infuse some piano in there.

Axl said:
I like Izzy a lot and some of his albums post-GNR are quite good, very Stones-influenced.
I really like his first album (Izzy Stradlin' and the Juju Hounds). Songs like Shuffle it all and Come in Down Inside are very stonesque. Are you sure he played in some gigs with Axl rose? This is surprising! Izzy was first offerred the position in VR but his experience with Axl was so traumatic he didn't want to do anything that involves a lead singer. He reportedly asked Duff and Slash to hit the road directly after some practice, becaue he and Duff can sing. The idea was promptly rejected :D

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
madtherchot said:
Not really a huge rock fan aside from the obvious ... Led, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple + some other songs here and there like
This is my cup of tea. Few weeks ago I bought the Pulse live album and the Dark Side of the Moon (the 30th year anniversarry edition). I listened to both version back to back for probably 3 days straight, it was all I played in my iPod, car stereo, office and stereo at home:D

Personally my fave rock group of all time is Allman Brothers Band and Genesis (so glad that they're having a reunion tour). BTW, few months ago I finally achieved one of my personal goal : watching Eric Clapton live in concert. Man... I was literally crying :proud:

Last edited:

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
I really like his first album (Izzy Stradlin' and the Juju Hounds). Songs like Shuffle it all and Come in Down Inside are very stonesque. Are you sure he played in some gigs with Axl rose? This is surprising! Izzy was first offerred the position in VR but his experience with Axl was so traumatic he didn't want to do anything that involves a lead singer. He reportedly asked Duff and Slash to hit the road directly after some practice, becaue he and Duff can sing. The idea was promptly rejected :D

I love Shuffle it All as well, its one of my favourite songs. Yeah, he did play in some gigs with Axl and the new guys(not the entire gig, just a few songs like Nightrain, Patience etc). A few months ago there was some footage on youtube, maybe its still up, if u wanna check it out :) Also, at Download 2006, Axl's old buddy Sebastian Bach(of Skid Row) came onstage and they sang My Michelle together. I think Bach appeared in some other gigs as well afterwards.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
:D Tonight I'm going to Aerosmith's concert!!! :D
I can't wait to see Steven Tyler:star: and Joe Perry:star: !! WOOOHOOO! haha

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone listened to any of Bloc Party's stuff? Amazing band hitting the big time in the UK atm. Check out their current album, Weekend in the City, its really fresh and original, affirming that the Brits are the best in the music world once more.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Jasper said:
They were supposed to make a new album too and before Axl can get his sh!t together.
VR will release their new album "Libertad" on July the 3-rd. First single should be She builds Quick Machines.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
So how did it go? Hope they sang Pink ... its my favorite Aerosmith track :)

It was great!! Steven and Joe rock! :star:
they didn't sing Pink :(, but they sang most of the songs I like :)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
vani_pirlo_21 said:
:D Tonight I'm going to Aerosmith's concert!!! :D
I can't wait to see Steven Tyler:star: and Joe Perry:star: !! WOOOHOOO! haha
Steven zTyler and Joe Perry are absolute gods in concert. Tyler is pretty wild on stage, and some of their effects are just beautiful. Ive been for two aerosmith concerts, and in one of them they had a smoke screen set up, with a laser show, which projected the train part from the video of livin on the edge.
As the train got towards Joe Perry he stepped off and kept playing the solo.....just like in the video here

The aforementioned scene is from 2:40 to 3:00 in the video.

But I cant get enough of their concerts. Joe is something special, and every time they start 'Dream On' its has a different intro. Sweet Emotion also usually starts off with Steven Tyler saying something and then merging into the bass solo.
Have fun vani - thats a special band that may not be around much more.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it was yesterday lol

I know they're awesome on stage... a reason why I was so looking forward to it
Joe Perry's one of my fave guitarists... Joe Fucking Perry! ;)
the Demon of Screamin is just class

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wow... the guitar is almost the same size as he is :p lol

Shakira is performing in my city... the tickets are very expensive and pretty par away... I like her old music, but I'm not spending more on her than I did on the RHCP and Aerosmith.... I hate that she feels sooo like a hot shot now :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward for Incubus concert :D it's on October, but it was supposed to be May, they had to move it cause Mike got injured :( (another of my fave guitarist)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Aerosmith are coming to Estonia as well but I'm not into them enough to buy a ticket. Today White Stripes released their new single "Icky Thump" and it's raw as usual. Other than that The Stooges & Iggy Pop's - My idea of Fun rocks my playlist too. It's so funny to listen to it back to back with Joey Ramone's - What a Wonderful World.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The White Stripes?... Jack White is a good guitarist, but I'm not sure about the drums and they need a bassist, NOW!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaka , Nesta , Pirlo ,messi, Maldini ,Henry, Sheva,drogba,DIDA , Pippo
The best band ever is Dream Theater ... These men are just awesome ...amazing music ..very organized .The best that can be..I also like to listen to stratovarius and Opeth and radiohead and muse ...and a little bit of S.O.A.D and Metallica!

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
The greatest song ever.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Anyone like Julio Iglesias? I've been rather forced to listen to it (listening to it right now ;) :devil3: ) + am slowly beginning to take a liking to one song ... thing is, there are over 40+ tracks on my playlist and I can't find it :( Will post it when I do :)

Got it :) Not the best of quality but ...

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah, I know of him... Enrique Iglesias' dad...
he's a good singer, but I personally prefer other Spanish singers

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Well I'm hardly aware of any Spanish singers, so please feel free to share some light :)

PS. That was the only song I kinda liked. Others are bearable.

Some more guitar work ...

Used to have a friend who was constantly aware of his nails ... said they had their own distinct plucking sound ... seems John Butler thinks likewise.

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Joan Manuel Serrat, Joaquín Sabina, Fernando Delgadillo, Fito Paez, Andrés Calamaro, Gustavo Cerati, Enrique Bunbury, Alejandro Sanz...

Anyone here likes the Strokes? :)

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Just bought DVD's of Pearl Jam and Black Label Society. Didn't know Zakk didn't like Limp Bizkit

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Demerio said:
Anyone here into Trance music ?
Melodic trance , progresive , tech ??
I'm not good at recognizing music genres. Could you give us some examples of trance music? I think Moby is an artist in that forte.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
teis said:
Just bought DVD's of Pearl Jam and Black Label Society. Didn't know Zakk didn't like Limp Bizkit

uuuu...Pearl Jam... they're good, I love Do The Evolution :D "It's evolution baby!" :star: