Backpass

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Before people start bashing me; yes I do know what a backpass is...Or..Maybe I don't. Thing is...

Firstly I never understood what purpose this rule is supposed to fill. I might lack the IQ to find it out, so I would appricieate if you could explain this to me. Also it is almost impossible to score from a freekick in the PK- box. So...To me it seems like an useless rule.

Seconndly; ref's never seem to be consequent about this.In situation "A" they blow their whistle, then in "B"(which is identical to "A") they don't.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
You should change your sig to - Rotti :fp:

:tongue:

Once the goalkeeper has taken the goal kick, he cannot gather the ball in his hands, from a teamates pass, unless they header or chest it back to him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Done....Kind of.

Yes, I know but why...To me it makes no sense.

I guess to stop the play from lagging.
It encourages players to get the game flowing and start a new attack.

It would probably get a bit tiresome if a goalkeeper could pick the ball up, every time a player passed the ball back, after the attacker went to close them down.

Nice sig edit dude :D

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Like the game isn't laggy enough with players bitching about a foul for 5 minutes or Balo laying on the ground rollin' around for 10 minutes after diving.

Also isn't it also a question of intentional- or non-intentional "packpass"(lel)?

I'm still not sure about this. The penalty for it is a bit lame too...Then it would be better if both keeper and player who backpassed were awarded with a yellow card. :tongue:

Lol. Thnx.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Indirect freekicks in the box are great.

It's a fair punishment and it's a fair idea.

Imagine if a team was leading and time-wasted by the keeper repeatedly picking up the ball from backpasses.

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I've watched few games before the rule was appliedand that wasn't how ir looked back then.

But, yeah..Answer seems kinda pbvous now. :lol:

Read my signature and ignore!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
A really weird rule is when the team mate receives the ball from inside the penalty area after the goal kick is taken. Why does it get to be replayed? I would use it to waste time

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ah damn, I thought this was the nocerino thread.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
doesn't this rule excist already for ages, i think this was the 2nd rule i've learned after 'you can't touch the ball with your hand except the goalie'

tuxedo

Corner flag holder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Locatelli
Once the goalkeeper has taken the goal kick, he cannot gather the ball in his hands, from a teamates pass, unless they header or chest it back to him.

Yes, I know but why...To me it makes no sense.

For the same reason players in the outfield can't pass with their hand. Why do you want to give the GK an unfair advantage that no other player has? I think it's a great rule.

Imagine if a player had possession 2 yards from his own goal and he was boxed in by 3 opponents. You want him to be able to pass back to his keeper and let him pick it up. That would be an absurd advantage.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Since this rule was introduced Liverpool haven't won a league title :thumbsup:

Now go watch those boring bastards during their heydays .... boring as fuck.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
I read about this
This rule was introduced after the 1990 World Cup where teams start "abusing" it...some Ireland keeper or something kept the ball for 6 minutes in one game
It was in effect since 1992

IMO just another useless rule to make football even more boring...this is the reason we got Sweeper Keepers *shrug*
Keepers role is drastically decreased because of this rule...it used to be 11 vs 11 now it's 10+1 vs 10+1
Just as useless as the new offside rule which lets even the shittiest of forwards score

UEFA and FIFA fucked this sport with so many shitty changes

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read about this
This rule was introduced after the 1990 World Cup where teams start abusing it...some Ireland keeper or something kept the ball for 6 minutes in one game
It was in effect since 1992

IMO just another useless rule to make football even more boring...this is the reason we got Sweeper Keepers *shrug*
Keepers role is drastically decreased because of this role...it used to be 11 vs 11 now it's 10+1 vs 10+1
Just as useless as the offside rule which lets even the shittiest of forwards score

Wrong on both counts.

1) It has definitely not made the game more boring.... in fact the opposite.

2) The first thing Cruyff commented on when the Barca job was offered to him was, he wanted his goalkeeper to play more forward i.e off his line. This was in the late 80's.

Your GK is the last line of defence... as such he should be able to mop up.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong on both counts.

1) It has definitely not made the game more boring.... in fact the opposite.

2) The first thing Cruyff commented on when the Barca job was offered to him was, he wanted his goalkeeper to play more forward i.e off his line. This was in the late 80's.

Your GK is the last line of defence... as such he should be able to mop up.

Yes you are wrong on both counts I agree

I don't give a shit what that git Cruyff says...he's just as big of a piece of shit as Platini is
Fuck him and his piece of shit ideology
This rule is righteous bullshit...Keeper's role is severely decreased end of story
I'm glad Capello smashed him playing "Defensive Football" in purpose...fuck that Ideological Nutjob...he's responsible for these Preachy Barca Fuckers nowadays crying "Anti-Football" whenever a team plays defensively against them

And the new offside rule completely favors attackers over defenders...as does the ball nowadays but that's a different story

UEFA and FIFA have ruined this sport...with these rule changes(and remember the Golden Goals and Silver Goals? How useless were those? Nobody remembers them anymore),with corruption and now with that fucking crap called Financial Fair Play which is complete bullshit

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes you are wrong on both counts I agree

I don't give a shit what that git Cruyff says...he's just as big of a piece of shit as Platini is
Fuck him and his piece of shit ideology

:fp:

I can't even respond when you diss a Legend as Great as Cruyff, then to add insult to injury you throw him in there with Michelle :eek:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Liverpool were famous for abusing it in the 80's. It's one of the reasons everyone was sick of them.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
:fp:

I can't even respond when you diss a Legend as Great as Cruyff, then to add insult to injury you throw him in there with Michelle :eek:

Yes he was a legendary player...but he's a shitty person after his playing career
Can't stand his "Holier than 'thou" and righteous bullshit
I remember him criticizing Holland in 2010 for playing dirty but he never criticized Spain for diving and playacting
And the idiot can't see that Tiki-Taka is just as Anti-Football/Defensive as Catenaccio is yet he always bashes the latter as defensive but not the former
The only difference between Catenaccio and Tiki-Taka is that one defends without the ball other defends with the ball

He's so absorbed in his own philosophies that he can't accept the fact that there is other ways to play football and that's what makes him annoying as fuck

Schedule