Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OSP will be submitted in the 2nd round

you want jones to destroy 41 year old carwin? what's the point of that?

0 excitement for ufc 197...ufc 198 will hopefully stay intact, now that's a card. :b:

even the card headlined by khabib and tony >>>>>> ufc 197

Shane Carwin is INSANELY strong according to even Lesnar. He could pose a legit threat to Jones with his knock out power and is a hard guy to get down.

OSP if it hits the ground its over. Blue belt in BJJ, where as Jones is a black belt in Jack's style. His white belt in BJJ is more of just a show. He will destroy OSP quick.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ufc 198 is the real ufc 200 :lol: it wont do anything close business wise tho.

JDS looked really good :thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you are grappling aficionados, but Eddie Bravo Invitational (ran by Joe Rogan's popular pot head BJJ black belt friend, as well as someone who's made the rubber guard and twister famous) is now included in UFC Fight Pass.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
this tampa card got rekt :(

first tony ferguson pulls out because of injury, now machida tests positive for a banned substance :fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this tampa card got rekt :(

first tony ferguson pulls out because of injury, now machida tests positive for a banned substance :fp:

I was surprised. Machida always looked so frail compared to his opponents, what's the point of juicing if you don't gain an advantage.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rashad should probably retire now. He has nothing left in terms of title hopes, and he is only getting older.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
McGregor announces "retirement".

Prolly fake to hype up the fight but who knows.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
- he wants more money so he's strong arming the UFC. (98% sure it's this one)
- it's legit.

I doubt it's a troll though.

only replacement fight I can think of is nate diaz vs lawler for the WW belt (still a huge step down $$$ wise)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- he wants more money so he's strong arming the UFC. (98% sure it's this one)
- it's legit.

I doubt it's a troll though.

only replacement fight I can think of is nate diaz vs lawler for the WW belt (still a huge step down $$$ wise)

Yea most new fans weren't around to understand the hype Diaz vs Lawler was the first time around. I personally would love that fight but I understand its nothing $ wise compared to Connor

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
The return of Jon Jones was pretty disappointing, glad I got a refund. I thought OSP was garbage, looked to me like his whole gameplan was to just lose on points, he was a zombie.

I enjoyed the rest of the card though, the ufc 200 tickets go on sale in a few days, unsure if I should get them, probably be even more expensive just for the sake of 200.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The return of Jon Jones was pretty disappointing, glad I got a refund. I thought OSP was garbage, looked to me like his whole gameplan was to just lose on points, he was a zombie.

I enjoyed the rest of the card though, the ufc 200 tickets go on sale in a few days, unsure if I should get them, probably be even more expensive just for the sake of 200.

:thumbsup: I especially enjoyed the Anthony Pettis hype train getting derailed once again. Guy is an above average fighter who had a good run, also funny how he can stay healthy when he doesn't have the title.

Demetrios Johnson is so underrated its not even funny, I know 125lb isn't the most exciting division but in terms of strategy, technique, execution, angles, Demetrios Johnson is perfection

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Want to see the following fights happen:
overeem face cain.
Cormier vs AJ 2
Rumble AJ vs jones
Nate diaz vs condit or lawler
Woodley is trash

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Want to see the following fights happen:
overeem face cain.
Cormier vs AJ 2
Rumble AJ vs jones
Nate diaz vs condit or lawler
Woodley is trash

Welcome back Swagger.

Nate Diaz said he wants to leave Condit and Lawler fight alone because those are "Nick's fights".

At this point, I don't know if Cain can stay healthy through a camp to perform effectively.

I do want to see the LHW issues sorted out though, Jones vs Cormier, and Rumble back in the mix.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
nate diaz should go back to LW after the conor fight, he already fought there and it wasn't successful.

I do want to see rumble jones (since jones is beating cormier), but even rumble doesn't have much of a shot unless he gets a clean hit and makes use of it.

right now I'm mostly interested in werdum overeem and lawler nick diaz, maybe GSP anderson silva if silva beats hall (if they still plan to have that fight at a later date)

silva got unlucky vs weidman, beat diaz and could have beat bisping if he didn't mess around, he's past his prime but he's still very good.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
nate diaz should go back to LW after the conor fight, he already fought there and it wasn't successful.

I do want to see rumble jones (since jones is beating cormier), but even rumble doesn't have much of a shot unless he gets a clean hit and makes use of it.

right now I'm mostly interested in werdum overeem and lawler nick diaz, maybe GSP anderson silva if silva beats hall (if they still plan to have that fight at a later date)

silva got unlucky vs weidman, beat diaz and could have beat bisping if he didn't mess around, he's past his prime but he's still very good.

I agree Silva was some what unlucky in his fights with Weirdman. But he didn't show anything against Bisping. Bisping played the game smart and did not engage Anderson in any of his antics and frustrated Anderson by doing what Anderson does best, counter punching. Other than that jumping knee which would have never happened if Bisping didn't have a brain fart, Silva did not have any clear chances that fight.

He did his best to egg on Bisping and bait him into his game by clowning around and being disrespectful, but he is getting old and his explosiveness is nowhere where it was before.

Silva's always been a counter puncher and we have seen fighters fight the right strategy against him to make the fight boring except before they were all grapplers without much striking capabilities (Maia at that time, Leites). I don't think Silva will be able to compete much longer as his body is breaking down and with this surgery, who knows when he will come back and honestly, at this point his Superfight vs GSP isn't that interesting anymore.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Let Overeem fight Cain or JDS.

Never give that man a title shot. :D

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
I know it isnt going to happen but Mcgregor vs Mayweather in a boxing match would be interesting to see. No way does the irishman have any chance but if he did win I'm pretty sure the entire fighting world would implode.

Its reminiscent of when anderson silva wanted to box roy jones jr..same situation. I also heard that mcgregor would take a fight with thai legend saenchai, though i think buakaw would be a better matchup. again in a thai fight both of them would run house on mcgregor but it still would be something interesting to see.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
200 was way too expensive to go too so f that.

Best stream sites for later anyone?

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brutal from Jacare :eek: Werdum went down a little easy, although he did run into it. enjoyable event I thought.

Last edited:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
the jose aldo approach worked very well for werdum i thought.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
so happy miocic won... can't stand that face werdum makes :fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know it isnt going to happen but Mcgregor vs Mayweather in a boxing match would be interesting to see. No way does the irishman have any chance but if he did win I'm pretty sure the entire fighting world would implode.

Its reminiscent of when anderson silva wanted to box roy jones jr..same situation. I also heard that mcgregor would take a fight with thai legend saenchai, though i think buakaw would be a better matchup. again in a thai fight both of them would run house on mcgregor but it still would be something interesting to see.

I doubt it will happen, and if it does, there is a strong likelihood that it will be a work. Straight up boxing match, Mayweather would beat Connor easy. It will probably be some BS hybrid rules IF it does happen.

I doubt neither of the Muay Thai guys would want to fight. Saenchai will be significantly smaller if they do fight, Buakaw as well, but he's slightly bigger.

so happy miocic won... can't stand that face werdum makes :fp:

Tbf, Werdum has been trolling a bit much instead of taking it serious.

Brutal from Jacare :eek: Werdum went down a little easy, although he did run into it. enjoyable event I thought.

Vitor's done. It looks like the guy relies on his speed and stand up and hardly grapples anymore (although he did go against one of the most dominant grapplers in Jacare). His fight with Weidman he was making noob-ish mistakes on the ground and here he was completely decimated.

I've trained with old school Brazilian guys and Draculino (one of well-respected black belts in BJJ, also coach to Sapo Natal) have said that Vitor is weak mentally and that if fight does not go his way he is likely to give up and start making noob mistakes (he said this right before Vitor fought Anderson, while he was on his hot streak).

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Yep that was brutal. Jacare jesus. Jacare deserves a title shot now no? Hope he versus luke rockhold who in my opinion is the greatest middleweight fighter i have ever seen. Yoel the beast romero needs to return and face weidman or jacare.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
if rockhold wins, rockhold jacare, if weidman wins, weidman bisping pls

both jacare and bisping deserve title shots, but it would be hard to sell rockhold bisping since rockhold rekt him 2 years ago. I would be interested in the scenario of nick diaz bisping if rockhold wins.

belfort should just retire or take fights against lower ranked guys. Werdum :fp: that was such a n00b move from him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Chris Weidman out of UFC 199; promotion looking for replacement

jacare?

Last edited:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He didn't break a sweat, surely he'd be good to go.

That'd be great

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chris Weidman out of UFC 199; promotion looking for replacement

jacare?

I really hope so. Whats the situation with romero?

Schedule