Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
you want money and be in cl :D

bring him he is the solution but i can guarantee we wont win anything :D anyway with this squad we are not going to challenge coppa ;)

For sure we dont win anything with wenger.
But he can balance the counts. Specialy if we build a stadium. :)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
For sure we dont win anything with wenger.
But he can balance the counts. Specialy if we build a stadium. :)

cmon guys, wenger won alot w/ arsenal invinciples anyone?!

but his wining goes hand and hand w/ french developement. class french players (henry, viera, pires) they win titles.... crappy french players (diaby, silvestri, clichy/nasri- not crap but not class yet) no titles

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
cmon guys, wenger won alot w/ arsenal invinciples anyone?!

but his wining goes hand and hand w/ french developement. class french players (henry, viera, pires) they win titles.... crappy french players (diaby, silvestri, clichy/nasri- not crap but not class yet) no titles

Yeah.. to me this sounds like only friendship.. Wenger is making alot french managers rich developing 90% only french players.

Without speak that he have to receive some cash in every transfer too.
Its almost weird that fetish for french kids.

anelka_1389131c.jpg

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Wenger would probably be the best manager Milan could have right now.

He will keep Milan competing while not spending much, and would play some great football.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wenger would probably be the best manager Milan could have right now.

He will keep Milan competing while not spending much, and would play some great football.

If Wenger comes, for sure he'll ask Flamini to leave.

I like Flamini.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Wenger is what he is because Arsenal give him all the power. If Berlu doesn't want to invest, then he should give this power/freedom to the manager he puts in charge. Its almost as though Milan now has to earn, by itself, the means to make Berlu's dreams come true. What a shame.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Galliani snubs the Press

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has snubbed the media's questions after leaving a meeting of the Lega Calcio this afternoon.

Galliani is sick and tired of the Press misquoting him, especially in light of the difficult situation Milan are going through at the moment.

“I will not speak too much because the newspapers always write the opposite of what I say.

I say white and then you write black,” Galliani explained.

The Italian media believe Leonardo is close to getting the sack even though Galliani has repeatedly said that he is safe.

This morning they reported that Galliani has already contacted Marco Van Basten about the job despite giving Leonardo his personal assurances to the contrary.

Milan have struggled under the Brazilian, winning just four of the 19 games in which he has been at the helm.

Sunday's match against Atalanta is being regarded as decisive in determining his future.
football italia

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
best decision ever :D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Galliani snubs the Press

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has snubbed the media's questions after leaving a meeting of the Lega Calcio this afternoon.

Galliani is sick and tired of the Press misquoting him, especially in light of the difficult situation Milan are going through at the moment.

“I will not speak too much because the newspapers always write the opposite of what I say.

The Italian media believe Leonardo is close to getting the sack even though Galliani has repeatedly said that he is safe.

This morning they reported that Galliani has already contacted Marco Van Basten about the job despite giving Leonardo his personal assurances to the contrary.

Milan have struggled under the Brazilian, winning just four of the 19 games in which he has been at the helm.

Sunday's match against Atalanta is being regarded as decisive in determining his future.
football italia

Maybe you need To leaner how to Explain your self better, or drop the multi-meaning Quote.
I Don't get it that he is the Milan Manager :head: what a Shame, he can't even state a statement ....

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Galliani snubs the Press

football italia

He has run out of lies to tell ,i seriously never thought this day would come :eek:

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Galliani snubs the Press

football italia

Looks like Galliani is exercising his right to silence I wonder what him and Berlusconi are up to?, wait a second I don't think I want to know. Maybe Milan is going to unveil a new player in January who coincidently has size g boobs blonde hair a size 4 waist and the nativity of health and beauty student.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
THE POINT OF THE DIRECTOR
Open letter to the President of AC Milan, Silvio Berlusconi
02.10.2009 01:11 by Francesco Letizia

Dear President
forgive me but I'll call it so, because for those who have lived the last 23 years history of AC Milan, Silvio Berlusconi will always be "President" as Franco Baresi "Captain," whatever happens, and for eternity. I am writing in the aftermath humiliating defeat against Zurich, the lowest point in recent history Rossoneri perhaps reminiscent of many other bloody games such as Bordeaux-Milan, Milan-Roseborg, Galatasaray-Milan etc: I do not do to encourage her to " pull out the money "like many people, journalists, critics and especially supporters do. From the first moment I married his desire to contain costs at a delicate moment for the world economy, but also for football: I understood, digested, and even justified the sale of Kaka and the criticism (and insults, in some cases) are over for her reflex to me by hundreds of readers and viewers. I had (and keep) confidence in Ronaldinho, designated as the shaper of the new AC Milan, because my idea of football is always very close to her: I like the class, the joy, the beautiful game, victories, and the Gaucho well embodies all these aspects. Get to the point, without too many turns of phrase tedianti today, while all are calling for a full back, a midfielder, a striker, a coach, I'd just get back ... A president, or rather "the President" with the definite article and a capital letter. I grew up listening to his speech on the evening of the feast of the Scudetto in 1988: Do not forget the touching letter to his father the day after the first success in Tokyo, I think I have read and reread it a thousand times, and he savored a different shade, a thrill , a new emotion. Well, these are the things that I'm an orphan today, affection, passion, unconditional love and protection that you have always known how to give the Rossoneri the people: she loved Borghi (by the way, you know, President ... Today it has become a great coach, in South America), but bought Rijkaard to win ... She chose Gullit and Van Basten watching them on video, Donadoni pulled a Juventus hegemony of the market, gave Lentini and without too many problems because Papin proud of their choices: do not expect me to live on Mars, I know that in an earthquake and a war today has something more important to administer and that is why I considered the choice of self an act of love, a guarantee of eternal life at Milan, whatever the fate of the world economy or its businesses. Still burns me, I can not resign, I'm not satisfied with some sporadic interventions and rarely adhering fully to the reality: unfortunately fate too cruel, perhaps, wanted to deny it quickly on equality of organs between Milan and Inter ... Be it a sign? The "well informed", the ones that we were not ever mean to us, saying that he decided to sell, that of Milan "do not give anything": You explain it, Mr President, that those who saw Milan for Puricelli, of Tosolini , of Carapellese may not bored of the blue. Football, however, goes on, and I am surprised that she has been an innovator in all areas in which he has experimented with (and always with success), you have not noticed today without the stadium property, without scouting world, without youth without equal membership of non-EU, without a unified taxation at European level, without use of the brand in East Asia, it is not going anywhere, and our dear, old Milan, is likely to miss the train. Not a mere matter of money then, but projects, ideas, dreams, everything in which she, as president of AC Milan, has always been a teacher since day one. We need you President, you know who this feeling in a polite exterior, as I'm trying to do with it, and also who he pretends to forget who the most successful president in the history of the modern game: there is Sheikh, Colonel, Russian or Florentino taking. "You'll see, next Sunday we'll make" whispered her father while she was crying in tears for the defeats of the little Milan: today the Milan want to hear the same words to her with a broken heart thuds from the last, but my mind already committed to think about how to fix it. Difficult to read my appeal, but not despair in Providence will conclude with some important words. "Tomorrow will dream of other goals, create new challenges, search for other victories. Serving to realize what good, strong and true in us, all of us in this adventure that we had to weave our lives in a dream Milan called "You, President, should know the author.

Sincerely,
Francesco Letizia

Source http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=12414

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
awesome :D but will berlu hear this :conf: :(

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
awesome :D but will berlu hear this :conf: :(

I can`t read that all ,google translate is to annoying for me ,whats she saying (keep it short) ?

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
FOCUS ON…i quattro punti scaccia-crisi?
La Rubrica di MilanNews (a cura di Antonio Vitiello) che pone sotto la lente d'ingrandimento tutto ciò che ruota intorno al mondo Rossonero: le trattative di mercato, i giocatori, la squadra, il tecnico e i dirigenti.
02.10.2009 00:56 di Antonio Vitiello.

Nei minuti successivi alla pesante sconfitta contro un modesto Zurigo, l’amministratore delegato del Milan appariva dinanzi alle telecamere scuro in volto e con fare scontroso per la triste serata vissuta in quel di San Siro. Dopo il Bari, un’altra compagine che sulla carta veniva a giocare la partita della vita, ha ben figurato condannando i rossoneri all’ennesimo tonfo. Galliani, intervistato dai giornalisti nel post-partita alla domanda: come si può uscire da una situazione del genere? ha risposto con un eloquente: “Non lo so”. Una risposta breve ma ricca di significati. Un risposta che la dice lunga sullo stato confusionale che regna nella dirigenza milanista. Una squadra senza idee è lo specchio della dirigenza. Gli errori commessi in sede di mercato stanno dando i primi frutti e la risposta “non lo so”, testimonia che si è smarrita la bussola. Ma prontamente l’amministratore delegato il giorno seguente l’umiliante sconfitta si è fatto vivo a Milanello chiamando a rapporto squadra e allenatore. Il finale della riunione e noto a tutti. Sono stati confermati i famosi 4 punti scaccia-crisi. Quattro considerazioni che dovrebbero essere già alla base di un club prima di iniziare una stagione, quindi insufficienti per migliorala o uscire dal periodo nero. "In primo luogo, ho ricordato che questo è un gruppo vincente”, afferma Galliani. La squadra non vince da un bel pezzo, e spesso bisognerebbe ripartire con umiltà per riconquistare traguardi importanti. “In secondo luogo, ho tranquillizzato tutti, sottolineando che questo gruppo non si tocca e che con questi giocatori e questo staff si andrà avanti fino a fine stagione”. E gli acquisti a gennaio? E’ sotto gli occhi di tutti che la rosa è carente in alcuni reparti fondamentali per costruire anche semplici azioni di gioco. “Terzo punto, Il Milan è una squadra che deve assolutamente andare in Champions League e arrivare fra le prime tre, è obbligatorio per i costi della società”. Tutti i tifosi se lo augurano, ma l’obiettivo si allontana sempre di più, sopratutto se la squadra non è attrezzata per affrontare un campionato difficile come quello italiano. Perdere punti per strada con le “piccole” è rischioso, e alla lunga il Milan potrebbe trovarsi immischiato nella corsa agli ultimi posti in Champions, come due anni fa con la Fiorentina. “Infine, dobbiamo fare di più e meglio. Sono sicuro che con il gruppo riusciremo a raggiungere tutti i nostro obiettivi, ne sono certo". E’ la speranza di ogni tifoso, ma non si vive solo di illusioni.

English Reader:

FOCUS ON ... four points chess crisis?
Address Book MilanNews (edited by Antonio Vitiello) which put under the magnifying everything that revolves around the world Rossonero: the negotiation of market players, the team, the coach and management.
02.10.2009 00:56 by Antonio Vitiello.

Within minutes after the heavy defeat against a modest Zurich, Milan chief executive appeared before the television cameras dark in the face and sullen to do with the sad evening that lived in the San Siro. After Bari, another team that on paper was to play the game of life, has well figured condemning the Rossoneri nth thud. Galliani, interviewed by journalists in the post-game question: how can you escape from a situation like this? responded with an eloquent: "I do not know." A reply brief, but meaningful. A response that says a lot about the confusion that reigns in the leadership Milani. A team without ideas is a reflection of leadership. Errors in the market are bearing fruit and the answer "I do not know," testifies that has lost the compass. But promptly the CEO the next day's humiliating defeat was made live at Milanello calling to report the team and coach. The purpose of the meeting and known to all. Have been confirmed in the famous 4-points drives crisis. Four considerations that should already be at the base of a club before you start a season, was insufficient to improve it or leave the black period. "First, I stated that this is a winning team," said Galliani. The team has not won for quite a while, and often must start afresh with humility to regain important goals. "Secondly, I reassured everyone, stressing that this group did not touch and that with these players and this team will go on until the end of season. "purchases in January? E 'in the sight of all that the rose is deficient in some key areas to build even simple play action . Thirdly, Milan is a team that absolutely must go in the Champions League and reach the top three, it is mandatory for the cost of society. "All the fans if they wish, but the goal is increasingly removed, especially if the team is not equipped to deal with a difficult league like the Italian. lose points on the road with the "small" is risky, and the long AC Milan could find himself in the race for last place in the Champions League as two years ago with the Fiorentina. "Finally, we must do more and better. I'm sure that with the group managed to achieve all our goals, I'm sure." And 'the hope of every fan, but we do not live in illusions.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
This pissing me off everyday so i thought id write about it. Some of our worst positions this season have been both wing back and attack midfield and we had two players that would have fit perfectly in these positions Gourcuff and Cissokho but we couldnt afford 15m euros for Cissokho and we couldnt guarantee a starting position for Gourcuff cos Ronaldinho and the rest of our midfield is just that damn good. We would have made some of that money back through season ticket sales ( which are extremely low this season) and shirt sales and its looking like we may not make Champions league next season so that is another huge loss in revenue which could have been easily solved by buying players. FUCK YOU BERLUSCONI. whats 15million to you? You have have billions to spend on prostitutes

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Romans rally against Berlusconi

Posted 6 hours 35 minutes ago

Demonstrators have protested in Rome against Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's influence over the media.

Organisers claim 300,000 people took part in the rally in the city's central Piazza del Popolo.

City officials say 60,000 people were at the protest, while agency journalists put the figure at more than 100,000.

Some protesters wore t-shirts with the writing "now you can sue me too", and a group of musicians played with gags over their mouths.

They were references to Mr Berlusconi issuing writs against two left-leaning newspapers for their coverage of a sex scandal that has engulfed him since May.

The scandal involves prostitutes who were allegedly invited to his residence in Rome.

Mr Berlusconi dismisses the allegation as gossip, and says he is the victim of a smear campaign.

- AFP/Reuters
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/10/04/2704195.htm

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Galliani is the Root of Milan's Problems

Milan are a club in crisis. Their mid-week defeat in the Champions League by Swiss champions Zurich follows miserable domestic form which sees them sitting in a lowly 11th place but their problems go much deeper than the loss of Kaka', the retirement of Paolo Maldini and an ageing squad and their inept vice president, Adriano Galliani, is to blame. Despite former coach Carlo Ancelotti's lack of faith in younger players he deserves tremendous credit for what he achieved in Europe with limited resources.

Due to a conflict of interests with his political career Silvio Berlusconi ceded control of the day to day running of Milan to Galliani. Recent successes in the Champions League belie years of mismanagement. Following Milan's penalty shoot-out triumph over Juventus in the 2003 European Cup final Galliani embarked on a policy of not only extending the contracts of ageing stars, out of a misplaced sense of loyalty, but also signing them - Vieri, Favalli, Rivaldo and Pancaro all joined after they hit 30. Ancelotti was never backed in the transfer market. As early as 2005 he requested Frank Ribery, then a largely unknown 22 year old who was struggling at Galatasaray following a controversial move from Metz but his requests were ignored. Last season he identified the need for a target man to give the Milan attack a physical presence but instead of Adebayor he was given Marco Boriello, a former youth team player who was sold to Genoa in a co-ownership deal only to be carelessly re-signed a year later for €10 million. Most damaging of all was the loss of Yoann Gourcuff. Milan beat a host of clubs to the signature of the prodigiously gifted playmaker in 2006. Even though Ancelotti failed to give Gourcuff adequate playing time the arrival of Ronaldinho pushed Gourcuff further down the pecking order and despite limited options in midfield he was sent on loan to Bordeaux with the added clause that gave the French club the option to sign him at the end of last season for €14 million, an option they promptly exercised after Gourcuff inspired Bordeaux to the league title, despite a last ditch attempt by Galliani and new coach Leonardo to change the youngster's mind. Milan have repeated the same mistake with teenage striker Alberto Paloschi, who has been sent on loan to Parma. At the end of the season Milan will have to outbid Parma in a blind auction to re-sign a player that, by rights, was theirs. Pasquale Foggia, now an Italy international, is another former youth team player carelessly sold under Galliani's watch. In the post Maldini, post Kaka', post Ancelotti era Leonardo is bearing the brunt of Galliani's misguided transfer strategy.

Leonardo was a surprise choice as Ancelotti's successor especially as Marco Van Basten, Berlusconi's favourite son, had been tipped to succeed his former team-mate. Leonardo was part of Milan's title winning side of 1999 and had worked for years in a scouting capacity for the club. He was instrumental in bringing Kaka', Pato and Tiago Silva to the San Siro. As with Ancelotti, Leonardo has not been backed in the transfer market. He stressed the need for more options at full back and a centre forward. Milan were linked with a host of names - Eto'o, Adebayor, Dzeko, Luis Fabiano, Cissokho and Rafinha, none arrived. It was only after a run of disastrous defeats in pre-season friendlies that Berlusconi's hand was forced and following a meeting with Leonardo and Galliani Klass Jan Huntelaar was signed from Real Madrid. Berlusconi of course isn't blameless either. His inexplicable faith in Ronaldinho and sudden bout of austerity has compromised the clubs chances of success. Milan, probably the only major team in Europe without any debts, are a club with short arms and deep pockets.

Leonardo, in his first coaching role, is hopelessly out of his depth. He lack of personality, authority and ideas are evident on and off the pitch. As the pressure mounts, as Milan slip further away from the leading pack in Serie A and with impending defeats against Real Madrid in the Champions League on the horizon it's only a matter of time before Van Basten is sworn in as his replacement. Even if there are serious doubts about Van Basten's coaching ability he will have considerably more pull with Berlusconi than any other coach since Sacchi and, crucially, more than Galliani himself. Under Van Basten it's likely the squad will be purged and he will be supported in the transfer market. Whether he is successful or not is another matter.

Milan's finances are in a healthy state and they have one of the best scouting networks in the game - Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Desailly, Savicevic, Vieira, Shevchenko, Kaka', Gourcuff and now Pato are just some of the stars that have passed through the club and most of them were signed for a pittance. The conditions for success exist but if Milan are to reclaim past glorious it's imperative that Galliani takes a backseat and his influence is diminished.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
truly i dont see galliani as the root of the problem, in past berlu never scouted anyone he just paid. so part of past sucess goes to galliani too, in good times it was berlusconi and in shit times ew blame galliani

i know galliani is an asshole but he is not the person who bought dinho, he is not the guy who sold kaka. he is just the messenger only drawback of galliani being our transfer guru is he love our oldies and past champions so much that he will ask berlu to extend their contracts and cheap bastard will do that to save money.

galliani doesnt take any major issue but he can always optimise :(

our problems
1. money
2. lack of young players
3. no coach
4. old bastards
5. lack of planning

first and third is berlus responsibility, second and fourth underline same defect in our system thanks to our past coach and lack of money, though we can always buy new talent and develop them

kaka pato tiago flamini ;) :D

lack of planning -> B&G

rookie coach, new coach wants full backs and we give him shit, pre season friendlies to mint money and when we were knocked out of uefa cup last year we were busy playing friendlies for money rather than fighting fr serie a

old players need to go we need balance in our team not some help age 90+ team.
only sandro and pippo should be allowed to continue rest of them should be sold

i would love to see baresi or marco van basten as our sporting director as for paolo i would love him to join administration but he advocated for favalli last year irked e though favali deserved an extension

as usuall fuck off dida pirlo seedorf dinho favalli janku zamb gattu/ambro borri kala

wait thats like our entire starting lineup minus nesta pato and silva :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Milan are a club in crisis. Their mid-week defeat in the Champions League by Swiss champions Zurich follows miserable domestic form which sees them sitting in a lowly 11th place but their problems go much deeper than the loss of Kaka', the retirement of Paolo Maldini and an ageing squad and their inept vice president, Adriano Galliani, is to blame. Despite former coach Carlo Ancelotti's lack of faith in younger players he deserves tremendous credit for what he achieved in Europe with limited resources.

Due to a conflict of interests with his political career Silvio Berlusconi ceded control of the day to day running of Milan to Galliani. Recent successes in the Champions League belie years of mismanagement. Following Milan's penalty shoot-out triumph over Juventus in the 2003 European Cup final Galliani embarked on a policy of not only extending the contracts of ageing stars, out of a misplaced sense of loyalty, but also signing them - Vieri, Favalli, Rivaldo and Pancaro all joined after they hit 30. Ancelotti was never backed in the transfer market. As early as 2005 he requested Frank Ribery, then a largely unknown 22 year old who was struggling at Galatasaray following a controversial move from Metz but his requests were ignored. Last season he identified the need for a target man to give the Milan attack a physical presence but instead of Adebayor he was given Marco Boriello, a former youth team player who was sold to Genoa in a co-ownership deal only to be carelessly re-signed a year later for €10 million. Most damaging of all was the loss of Yoann Gourcuff. Milan beat a host of clubs to the signature of the prodigiously gifted playmaker in 2006. Even though Ancelotti failed to give Gourcuff adequate playing time the arrival of Ronaldinho pushed Gourcuff further down the pecking order and despite limited options in midfield he was sent on loan to Bordeaux with the added clause that gave the French club the option to sign him at the end of last season for €14 million, an option they promptly exercised after Gourcuff inspired Bordeaux to the league title, despite a last ditch attempt by Galliani and new coach Leonardo to change the youngster's mind. Milan have repeated the same mistake with teenage striker Alberto Paloschi, who has been sent on loan to Parma. At the end of the season Milan will have to outbid Parma in a blind auction to re-sign a player that, by rights, was theirs. Pasquale Foggia, now an Italy international, is another former youth team player carelessly sold under Galliani's watch. In the post Maldini, post Kaka', post Ancelotti era Leonardo is bearing the brunt of Galliani's misguided transfer strategy.

Leonardo was a surprise choice as Ancelotti's successor especially as Marco Van Basten, Berlusconi's favourite son, had been tipped to succeed his former team-mate. Leonardo was part of Milan's title winning side of 1999 and had worked for years in a scouting capacity for the club. He was instrumental in bringing Kaka', Pato and Tiago Silva to the San Siro. As with Ancelotti, Leonardo has not been backed in the transfer market. He stressed the need for more options at full back and a centre forward. Milan were linked with a host of names - Eto'o, Adebayor, Dzeko, Luis Fabiano, Cissokho and Rafinha, none arrived. It was only after a run of disastrous defeats in pre-season friendlies that Berlusconi's hand was forced and following a meeting with Leonardo and Galliani Klass Jan Huntelaar was signed from Real Madrid. Berlusconi of course isn't blameless either. His inexplicable faith in Ronaldinho and sudden bout of austerity has compromised the clubs chances of success. Milan, probably the only major team in Europe without any debts, are a club with short arms and deep pockets.

Leonardo, in his first coaching role, is hopelessly out of his depth. He lack of personality, authority and ideas are evident on and off the pitch. As the pressure mounts, as Milan slip further away from the leading pack in Serie A and with impending defeats against Real Madrid in the Champions League on the horizon it's only a matter of time before Van Basten is sworn in as his replacement. Even if there are serious doubts about Van Basten's coaching ability he will have considerably more pull with Berlusconi than any other coach since Sacchi and, crucially, more than Galliani himself. Under Van Basten it's likely the squad will be purged and he will be supported in the transfer market. Whether he is successful or not is another matter.

Milan's finances are in a healthy state and they have one of the best scouting networks in the game - Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Desailly, Savicevic, Vieira, Shevchenko, Kaka', Gourcuff and now Pato are just some of the stars that have passed through the club and most of them were signed for a pittance. The conditions for success exist but if Milan are to reclaim past glorious it's imperative that Galliani takes a backseat and his influence is diminished.
Um ... did you really wrote this piece?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Um ... did you really wrote this piece?

You want to add it to the Golden posts thread?

Go ahead. You have my permission.

Copy & Paste isn't as easy as you think it is :o

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
hey i read a week ago in the newspaper that some dictator wanted to buy milan from berlusconi and berlu was keen to sell???