Problems + Suggestions

Who's Mr. D? Which theory do we believe in?

• Total voters

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I guess it's something to do with the amount of posts. Like the Rumour Commode was unstickied, despite it being closed i still feel that should be stickied or we'll lose it forever and it's like the thread with the most history in the forum.

why dont we just delete EPl thread? :star::cool::tongue:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I'm being serious for a second, on several youtuybe vids there are users called "ashishmanutd", and on a United forum there was a member who joined up a while back called Ashish.

I'm sure I showed HD and/or Milano, so they will back me up on that ;)

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
you didn't show me, but I've seen the username (actually you may have pointed out to me now)

I was tempted to drop a PM, but thought it would be strange if he wasn't :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
haha, i hope ashishmanutd posted pics!

you know ashish is kind of a common name, man utd fan. I'm sure you wouldnt flip if it was john man utd

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His IP was also shown from America, for the record. This was a few months ago.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:eek:

please tell me his avatar was roy keane

Unfortunately no. He didn't make any posts, just looked around several threads (some you can't see without being a member).

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Why is the spammer in the German football thread still not banned? Nor his replies are deleted yet.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Because nobody looks in that shit-heap. :D

Nah, it's covered up as the English Premier League thread is still the most recent post. So you can't tell without entering the sub-forum.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Why is the spammer in the German football thread still not banned? Nor his replies are deleted yet.

Nobody was around to do it.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
What's up with all these ad spammers showing up randomly? Regardless you guys are doing a pretty quick job of removing them.

I don't want to but in, as it's not really my place, but I've managed and run quite a few websites and forums, and so I keep up to date on stuff. I believe there are mods which allow you to ask additional questions during registration, and you can easily modify it to make the questions unique. For example on this registration we could ask "who is your favorite club:" and the answer would be "milan" or we could ask, "who is number 3:" with the answer obviously being "maldini". You could also add a mod to reject registration based on the time it takes the user to register. A bot takes fractions of the time it takes a regular person to register.

Just my thoughts, keep up the good work cleaning the forum ;)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Why has the EPL thread been un-stickied?

Aye ,stick it back up.We look like a bunch of haters with that being the only league un-stickied.If its a similar situation like the "the rumor comode" just make a new thread and sticky that.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's up with all these ad spammers showing up randomly? Regardless you guys are doing a pretty quick job of removing them.

I don't want to but in, as it's not really my place, but I've managed and run quite a few websites and forums, and so I keep up to date on stuff. I believe there are mods which allow you to ask additional questions during registration, and you can easily modify it to make the questions unique. For example on this registration we could ask "who is your favorite club:" and the answer would be "milan" or we could ask, "who is number 3:" with the answer obviously being "maldini". You could also add a mod to reject registration based on the time it takes the user to register. A bot takes fractions of the time it takes a regular person to register.

Just my thoughts, keep up the good work cleaning the forum ;)

That'd be an idea but on the downside there'll be more users that'll give up on the registration process and decrease the registration rate, won't it?

And last I've heard, since CAPTCHAs have gotten smart, the spammers have actually started to give up on bots and outsource spam, including forum spam to real people.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Errm, I've been IP banned, I was reading a thead then bam, IP ban lol

I hardly even post so what's it for? I've been good, I acknowledge Pirlo's hair every so often.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Do you have another account? Or maybe a spammer or something was using the same IP Adress as you.

So i'n guessing you're posting from a proxy or something atm then?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I had this problem once, a friend wanted me to join some linux forum of his when he was trying to convert me to all open-source (long story)

anyway, it wouldn't let me sign up to a site I had never been on before, because my IP had been blocked :conf:

it all worked out eventually (though I didn't go all open-source)

anyway, something similar must have happened to you

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Do you have another account? Or maybe a spammer or something was using the same IP Adress as you.

So i'n guessing you're posting from a proxy or something atm then?

Nah, no other account and no spam - and i was on my iPhone haha - its all been sorted now though, David has fixed it :star:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
I appeal close puyol thread.

Asap

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
What a champion,stepping on someone like that,and in a friendly match too.

Pussy. Diving pussy.

Last edited:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
woohoo... pussyol thread closed.

whoever closed it is my new favorite mod... unless it was j... in which case stupid jasper, ****** as usual..

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Hahaha
Fair enough you own the place and you write the rules.
Thats the bottom-line, just wanted to show that :beer: now spare posts dripping with unbiasedness, freedom and non judgmental to few posters :star:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
You really had to close the "If someone killed a powerful politician" thread without even giving it a chance? - http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=11817 ?

I even asked to the users only talk about their own countries so the least that could happen were a discussion about two people of the same country. And so what if that happened, they wouldn't die or ruin the forum.

I think that these "don't run with scissors" rules are bullshit. Seems like the users are being treated like children. And the same goes to the Puyol thread.

Ashish opened a thread about a player that almost everyone don't like so if the thread weren't closed, 2 things could happen: People ignoring the thread and leaving Ashish alone posting photos of his beloved diver or going there to talk shit about Puyol.

And Ashish wouldn't be abble to come here with a nice argument to complain about the cursings at Puyol because since he would have freedom to open a thread about a hated man, people would also have the freedom to curse at the hated man.

As I said, I wouldn't cry if the Puyol thread was closed but that's fascism.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That database error is fucking annoying. It happens like everyday and is stops me from logging in for like 10 minutes. It happens randomly and sometimes more times than others. Like twice one day and then 15 on the next. Please fix or diagnose what this is.

Thanks. :)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That database error is fucking annoying. It happens like everyday and is stops me from logging in for like 10 minutes. It happens randomly and sometimes more times than others. Like twice one day and then 15 on the next. Please fix or diagnose what this is.

Thanks. :)

I know how annoying they can be because I get an automatic email for every error of that type. ;) But it happens very rarely and most of the time it does because our host is doing some housekeeping/upgrades.

Schedule