Tennis

Should women be paid the same sum as men in Grand Slams?

• Total voters

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
safin.gif

Marat Safin retires..:(

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rafa nadal is all that is man. I hope he plays federer in final and embarassed him. Pompous jerkoff

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Great and i just jinxed nadal.... cmon Rafa, fight thru it!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Rafa nadal is all that is man. I hope he plays federer in final and embarassed him. Pompous jerkoff

federer is a classy bastard though

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
federer is a classy bastard though

nah. His game is class... flawless technique... but he's a jerkoff. Listen to him talk and wine about rafa. Can't win till rafa gets hurt. And then acts like he's best ever...

sampras was better, becker was better. Agassi at times was better. Federer just stockpiled when mens game was weak. I got news for him, nadal WILL pass him in majors

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
nah. His game is class... flawless technique... but he's a jerkoff. Listen to him talk and wine about rafa. Can't win till rafa gets hurt. And then acts like he's best ever...

sampras was better, becker was better. Agassi at times was better. Federer just stockpiled when mens game was weak. I got news for him, nadal WILL pass him in majors

i doubt it.

federer will win majors until he retires and nadal might win a couple now but i doubt he'll pass federer

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i doubt it.

federer will win majors until he retires and nadal might win a couple now but i doubt he'll pass federer

nadal is BARELY 23 has 6 majors and should had more if he didnt get hurt at french.

Federer won his first at 21 (month befoe he turned 22) and won 4 at his 23rd bday.

federer hasnt been able to beat nadal for a year now.. not in any big matches. He just got lucky, rafa... mr. unbeatable on clay got hurt, and then subsequently couldnt play at wimbledon.

People don't give nadal the credit he deserves, winning his first professional match at 15. First major at 18. And since then his game has refined sooo much, he gets better daily. 3 years ago he couldnt win on hard court.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
nadal is BARELY 23 has 6 majors and should had more if he didnt get hurt at french.

Federer won his first at 21 (month befoe he turned 22) and won 4 at his 23rd bday.

federer hasnt been able to beat nadal for a year now.. not in any big matches. He just got lucky, rafa... mr. unbeatable on clay got hurt, and then subsequently couldnt play at wimbledon.

how much majors do they have each and how old are they?. i don't actually know i just need something t base my argument on:tongue:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
how much majors do they have each and how old are they?. i don't actually know i just need something t base my argument on:tongue:

Nadal is 23 (DoB June 3, 1986). Has 6 matches, unlucky not to have more with injuries...

Federer is 28 (DoB August 8, 1981). Has 15. He has a 2 year window, even the most dominant players go downhill at 30. And it doesnt help that Nadal is getting better every day, and guys like Murray and Djokovic are coming up too

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Nadal is 23 (DoB June 3, 1986). Has 6 matches, unlucky not to have more with injuries...

Federer is 28 (DoB August 8, 1981). Has 15. He has a 2 year window, even the most dominant players go downhill at 30. And it doesnt help that Nadal is getting better every day, and guys like Murray and Djokovic are coming up too

well i think that federer will continue winning a lot of majors until he's 34/35.

so he can win quite a few more while nadal has a longer period to win in, he also seems to get injured a lot

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Great and i just jinxed nadal.... cmon Rafa, fight thru it!

You that drunk or running to be the Masster of tennis thread?

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this is just crazy..

clijsters - venus

1st set 6:0, 2nd set 0:6

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Clijsters won, therefore I stand by what I said yesterday, she can give anyone major trouble. I think she'll beat Na Li in the quarters and then meet Serena in the semi, which will be the real final IMO cause whoever wins it will win the tournament.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
sampras was better, becker was better. Agassi at times was better.

You can make a case for Sampras but for the other two it's just stretching it big time. I'd definitely rank Borg, Lendl and Johnny Mac higher than both of those players.

A prime Agassi would be a tough match-up for anyone, but Federer is better in just about everything apart from return of serve and a maybe more aggresive backhand. I think Fed beats him more often than not on clay/hard courts and dominates him on grass. Better serve, movement, net game, athleticism and more variety in his game.

Becker is my favourite player ever. Booming serves, diving volleys, forehands that knock the cover of the ball; what's not to like about Boom Boom's game? :) But Federer is simply a better player. Becker was erratic beyond belief. Federer is extremely consistent and way tougher mentally. Because of Becker's superior serve and great volleys it would've been very close on grass, but on hard courts and especially clay Federer would be a big favourite.

On Nadal vs Federer:

I like Federer's game more, but I can see why you don't personally like him. I agree that on interviews etc Nadal comes across as a really humble, down to earth guy whereas Roger sometimes gives you the impression that he feels that he has a God-given right to win. I don't think he's too arrogant/pompous, but definitely Nadal is more humble and gracious in defeat.

Nadal will go down as a Hall of Famer himself and possibly the greatest clay court player ever, but it's not a certainty that he will win more than 15 slams. His grinding, 'chasing down everything' style is taking its toll on him and it's unlikely that he will have a very long career. Actually many people saw this coming more than a year ago and said that his knees would suffer big time.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
quality post axl and you're right. He needs t evolve his game to have longevity... But seeing him grow for the last 3-4 years and seeing his tireless workrate I don't see why it cant happen i guess i tend to believe in him as a person and his passion towards the game much much more than federers technical gifts. I believe in will power and I really haven't seen anyone in sports since michael Jordan or a younger tiger woods with such will....

Plus his Capri shorts and sleveless bright neon shirts are a fashion statement I fully endorse

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
oh and BTW, i didnt mention borg, lendl etc because they were before my time. I know how great they were... didn't really see them play though. It'd be like me saying van basten is greater than ronaldo.... i just didnt see van basten live to truly know

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
@Milano

Yeah, Lendl/Borg were before my time too. I just mentioned them based on achievements and footage I've seen after they had already retired.

In any case, I definitely agree with you that Nadal has improved a lot in the later years. His serve has improved tremendously and he has added more variety in his game. IMO there is still room for growth and he can definitely improve his volleys, return of serve and also be more aggressive at times.

About his style, I don't see him changing that to be honest because I think this is what makes him so successful in the first place. His heavy topspin combined with his stamina/workrate/movement is basically what grinds out wins and allows him to come up on top in long rallies. The opponent knows that they'll have to work to earn every single point and mentally it breaks them down.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
LOL. You guys Make it sound like Federer is Bolt or C. Ronaldo. It is true that Nadal is more gracious in defeat but I definetly wouldn't won't for him being the classier player.

Nadal is a c-nut. There isn't a moment in his match he's not trying to show his opponent he won the point. No he's not doing it to pump himself up. It's basic c-nutism in tennis and he's the face of it. It is admirable how he has no shame in putting his fingers to the cracker in front of so many eyes but it should avoided no matter what.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That habit is annoying no doubt. But seriously, if you want to find something to annoy you, you can do it for almost every player. For example, what about Murray's bicep flexing, constant fist pumps and CMOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNS on almost every point, including unforced errors by opponents? Or Hewitt? Or Serena NEVER giving credit to her opponent? There are numerous examples.

As I said, I'm more of a Federer fan because I like his game more but I think Nadal is a hell of a player too. Some fans of both players are turning this into something bigger than what it is, as both Federer and Nadal seem to like each other.

I don't consider either of them as cunts to be honest. If we're going by Nadal's celebrations(which I personally think it's to pump himself up, because he does it mainly on big points, whereas others are far worse) then someone who dislikes Federer could easily bring up the 'tantrums' he throws sometimes and especially the incident in Miami this year where he certainly didn't win any new friends(he was actually booed by the stadium, something I've never seen before). Apart from smashing a racquet(no probs with that), he didn't shake the umpire's hand and was disrespectful/rude towards the ball boys, throwing/flicking his water bottles around for them to pick up as if they were some kind of slaves or something. He's my favourite player but I don't like the fact that when he wins he's all smiles and classy but when things don't go his way he can display this sort of spoiled behaviour.

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see Murray gave Dent a bit a thrashing. As always, fuck you all :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That habit is annoying no doubt. But seriously, if you want to find something to annoy you, you can do it for almost every player. For example, what about Murray's bicep flexing, constant fist pumps and CMOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNS on almost every point, including unforced errors by opponents? Or Hewitt? Or Serena NEVER giving credit to her opponent? There are numerous examples.

Yeah I know. The topic got silly as well as the arguments. But TBH I cannot imahine myself supporting Hewitt or Serena. Murray too but since I'd love to have his backhand I have somewhat respect to him.

I don't consider either of them as cunts to be honest. If we're going by Nadal's celebrations(which I personally think it's to pump himself up, because he does it mainly on big points, whereas others are far worse) then someone who dislikes Federer could easily bring up the 'tantrums' he throws sometimes and especially the incident in Miami this year where he certainly didn't win any new friends(he was actually booed by the stadium, something I've never seen before). Apart from smashing a racquet(no probs with that), he didn't shake the umpire's hand and was disrespectful/rude towards the ball boys, throwing/flicking his water bottles around for them to pick up as if they were some kind of slaves or something. He's my favourite player but I don't like the fact that when he wins he's all smiles and classy but when things don't go his way he can display this sort of spoiled behaviour.

I didn't know that. That sounds horrific(the ballboy part).

For me the likes + dislikes are very much into what I experienced when I played. I tend to like the hotheads. Because I was one myself. I totally hate the machiavellis. Might sound hypocritical but I see no problem in throwing the racket but trying to provoke your opponent is out of the question. And that's how I see Nadal. He's playing mindgames all the time. If I had to pick a guy who was cheating before pro-tournaments he would be it.

A little story here too. A played a guy who was all about come ooon's and shit. My coach said it's pretty admirable how he pumps himself up. It is true there was something in it but just as I see Nadal there was more of the act to provoke the opponent. So after I lost one game I said NO in direct translation(fuck would suit better as the meaning of the action) and the dude yelled me back Yes, Yes, Yes! I almost broke in tears for laughing.

I'm going bable a bit more: was a very strange game for me. Everyone were praising him how he managed to get to the semis and I didn't see anything special in his games. And I won 6-0; 6-2. The incident happened when he won 2 games after trailing 9-0 so to speak. Nowadays he's one of the persons I socialize the most from anyone I even trained with.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So after I lost one game I said NO in direct translation(fuck would suit better as the meaning of the action) and the dude yelled me back Yes, Yes, Yes!

That sounds hilarious, I can see why you started laughing afterwards :D

Do you still play btw?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That sounds hilarious, I can see why you started laughing afterwards :D

Do you still play btw?

Nope. I have a feeling I-want-to-play from time to time but - well after some time on the field I start to think, I need to injur my wrist-bones - might give you a hint of my state of mind while playing. Haven't hold a racket in a year or two now. Last time was sparring my brother but he plays on the level of my weaker arm(I mean I could play against him with my leftie).

Last edited:

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Did you have to stop because of an injury?

Schedule