Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Leptiran

Rumours-Morning shift
Reaction score
only good thing is that he is start to improve but he sometimes looks like his brain is in offside

Pato Milan

Beginner
Reaction score
I think the only real mistake he did was the offside situation with Icardi. Other than that, I was impressed because I saw a clear progress compared to last season. Made many good and direct passes and was generally good offensively. And when it comes to man to man battles he was solid and blocked shots or crosses. Keep this path De Sciglio, imo you're on the right track now :)

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he's a lost cause. his destiny is going to be like pato's and el shaarawy's. he hasn't shown any quality in over 2 years now. the only reason he's still here is because he's from the club.

thankfully, we all saw calabria play this summer, it seems like we finally might be able to let him go without worrying. it will be a great day for milan when we get rid of de sciglio. it will mean that we are finally try to win something great.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
he's a lost cause. his destiny is going to be like pato's and el shaarawy's. he hasn't shown any quality in over 2 years now. the only reason he's still here is because he's from the club.

thankfully, we all saw calabria play this summer, it seems like we finally might be able to let him go without worrying. it will be a great day for milan when we get rid of de sciglio. it will mean that we are finally try to win something great.
Why are you just focusing on what he did wrong instead of what he did right.
Yes he made few errors but overall he had a good game, not fantastic, but good.
So far he deserves to be among the starting 11.. Obviously not at LB as antonelli impressed more, but at RB

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So far he deserves to be among the starting 11.. Obviously not at LB as antonelli impressed more, but at RB

what he did right was not good enough... running up and down with no end product isn't good enough..

defending well for 15 occasions and fucking up once (he fucked up 3 times) in which we concede a goal is not good enough.. this isn't a friendly. his mistake made us lose the game 1-0.

That's what you SHOULD be looking at. He's been this bad for 2 years and you all still want him to start even though he averages 2 crucial mistakes every game.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

this guy probably thinks Maldini, Nesta and Co. never conceded a goal in their life. Criticizing for making stupid mistakes(the two episodes on offside traps) is one thing but to totally downplay all the good things is just ridiculous.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
what he did right was not good enough... running up and down with no end product isn't good enough..

defending well for 15 occasions and fucking up once (he fucked up 3 times) in which we concede a goal is not good enough.. this isn't a friendly. his mistake made us lose the game 1-0.

That's what you SHOULD be looking at. He's been this bad for 2 years and you all still want him to start even though he averages 2 crucial mistakes every game.

Blaming entirely him for the goal is unfair. did you even watch what romagnoli was doing? he drifted out of his position to left where there wasn't any inter players. after a while he realizes it and starts to run towards guarin and by that time it was too late. i'm not saying he did enough there but monty, romagnoli, bona and zapata all could have reacted better to that situation.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

His mistake cost us the game.. Which mistake? You telling me he was the one responsible for guarins goal?.. No man just no. Do you know what happened before guarin got the ball?... A huge pressing mistake by the team which led to a huge gap in the midfield. After guarin got the ball you could argue that it was romagnoli that should have countered him and not de sciglio. You could also say it was montolivos and mostly bonaventura fault for giving him that much space to begin with.

Anyway blaming him for that goal imo just shows that you either expect a lot from him or just dislike him. I think the later.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
this guy probably thinks Maldini, Nesta and Co. never conceded a goal in their life. Criticizing for making stupid mistakes(the two episodes on offside traps) is one thing but to totally downplay all the good things is just ridiculous.
This.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
hitman usually posts good shit but his analysis on DES's performance yesterday are way-off

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
He was like 3 times last defender when we tried offside trap so no good on this but i really like how once he cut on his right and shot from ~25m. Since he doesnt cross often with left leg i was always asking myself why he didnt make "ses trick" regular.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

I am usually a big fan of your posts Hitman, but for me this is rubbish. Injuries have curtailed his progress certainly, but he has been playing himself back into form recently and has progressed well. Just look at how he looked for Italy midweek for a team with a clear identity and gameplan for a performance of the level that we have come to expect from him. We do not yet have that identity or gameplan.

Going back to the goal yesterday, to single DES out is silly. As someone mentioned above, we made a collective mistake in pressing and Guarin found space between the lines. DES follows Guarin, but then Romagnoli makes a strange movement towards the flank and all of a sudden the space opens up to shoot, so DES has to slide in and challenge in a position where Romagnoli should have stepped out. A team error with collective blame.

chukwuma philip

Primavera
Reaction score

Calm down man,am sure the boy will find his old form. He's trying so much to be maldini when in fact he can't/wont. He just needs to be him n things will be better. Learn from past errors,look at the players we let go because of impatience(saponara,darmain, etc),look what they've become

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Blaming entirely him for the goal is unfair. did you even watch what romagnoli was doing? he drifted out of his position to left where there wasn't any inter players. after a while he realizes it and starts to run towards guarin and by that time it was too late. i'm not saying he did enough there but monty, romagnoli, bona and zapata all could have reacted better to that situation.

Romagnoli definitely made a much bigger mistake than De Sciglio. If you look at the replay, Romagnoli just drifts to cover empty space (even though there was no way Guarin was going there unless Guarin wanted to screw himself over). De Sciglio follows Guarin and tries to tackle but the midfield and Romagnoli fucked up big time.

This is a classic case of blaming the easy target. People blame De Sciglio because he's been in bad form for a long time. No one will blame Romagnoli though because he cost 25 million and people have to try and make it sound like he's worth that much, although he also caused a penalty against Fiorentina.

De Sciglio did mess up on the offside though but did some things well.

Galliani

Grand Master
Reaction score
Romagnoli definitely made a much bigger mistake than De Sciglio. If you look at the replay, Romagnoli just drifts to cover empty space (even though there was no way Guarin was going there unless Guarin wanted to screw himself over). De Sciglio follows Guarin and tries to tackle but the midfield and Romagnoli fucked up big time.

This is a classic case of blaming the easy target. People blame De Sciglio because he's been in bad form for a long time. No one will blame Romagnoli though because he cost 25 million and people have to try and make it sound like he's worth that much, although he also caused a penalty against Fiorentina.

Signed on to write the exact thing you just wrote though, the goal is a direct result of the risky high pressure right before when Kondogbia almost messed up, and a passive play by romagnoli, a left DB should NEVER cover that area.

De Sciglio had an unstable game last night, some things good some things bad, he needs to sort that out.

Last edited:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

You're the only other posters who's mentioned this. Romagnoli was more to blame for the goal than De Sciglio

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that was due to lack of a proper DM, and high pressing. Im sure if guarin had gone for the through ball romagloni would have ate it up

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
He made mistakes but blaming him for the goal :lol: what's the actual fk? We were like an opened door in the middle. Is it the fullback's task to clean up after someone else's sh!t?

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He made mistakes but blaming him for the goal :lol: what's the actual fk? We were like an opened door in the middle. Is it the fullback's task to clean up after someone else's sh!t?

He was the one marking Guarin through the whole game.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
He did well, nice pace, good tackling, getting stuck in, but needs to get better at those offside traps

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How about no. IMO, he gets some blame for not being more decisive but It was either Montolivo or Bonaventura's job to cover that.

Guarin was De Sciglio's man , maybe he could have used some help but that's not the point.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
good job in blockiing saton in the first half

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score

His mistake cost us the game.. Which mistake? You telling me he was the one responsible for guarins goal?.. No man just no. Do you know what happened before guarin got the ball?... A huge pressing mistake by the team which led to a huge gap in the midfield. After guarin got the ball you could argue that it was romagnoli that should have countered him and not de sciglio. You could also say it was montolivos and mostly bonaventura fault for giving him that much space to begin with.

Anyway blaming him for that goal imo just shows that you either expect a lot from him or just dislike him. I think the later.

hitman usually posts good shit but his analysis on DES's performance yesterday are way-off

I am usually a big fan of your posts Hitman, but for me this is rubbish. Injuries have curtailed his progress certainly, but he has been playing himself back into form recently and has progressed well. Just look at how he looked for Italy midweek for a team with a clear identity and gameplan for a performance of the level that we have come to expect from him. We do not yet have that identity or gameplan.

Going back to the goal yesterday, to single DES out is silly. As someone mentioned above, we made a collective mistake in pressing and Guarin found space between the lines. DES follows Guarin, but then Romagnoli makes a strange movement towards the flank and all of a sudden the space opens up to shoot, so DES has to slide in and challenge in a position where Romagnoli should have stepped out. A team error with collective blame.

Calm down man,am sure the boy will find his old form. He's trying so much to be maldini when in fact he can't/wont. He just needs to be him n things will be better. Learn from past errors,look at the players we let go because of impatience(saponara,darmain, etc),look what they've become

Many of you are defending him and I'm just seeing these posts...

About the goal, you guys are completely correct when you say the goal is more Romagnoli's fault than De Sciglio. It also is true I may have exaggerated by putting the blame of the goal on him - but that is going to happen to players who consistently perform bad and make blunders.

Here is where some of you guys are wrong - you guys claim that that was his only mistake?

No, that was the least harmful mistake he's made in that game actually.

Did you guys forget De Sciglio completely destroying the offside trap and allowing Icardi a free 1on1 which he should've scored but Diegod Lopez saved us? That was a sure goal 100% and that mistake was De Sciglio's responsibility and his alone.

There was another incident where Inter were on a 1on1 thanks to De Sciglio's error again with the offside trap but thankfully the linesman called it offside. It was a very, very close call and De Sciglio should have never allowed their attacker to be that close to being offside, the rest of our defence line was at least 1 meter ahead except for his clumsy stupid ass. This was De Sciglio's mistake again 100%.

In the second half, we had an incoming cross into our box from the right side and De Sciglio was supposed to be marking his man (I forgot who). His man was able to jump behind De Sciglio and head the ball with so much ease, it was as if De Sciglio wasn't even there. He got the ball from the 6-yard-box line and as a defender you cannot under any circumstance allow a striker that much free roam to head the ball - at the very least you should challenge him and throw his balance when he jumps.

But you guys are completely blind to those three mistakes... why? Because we didn't concede a goal.

It's not fair that you give him a pass for his mistakes just because Inter's strikers didn't capitalize on his mistakes or Lopez bailed Mattia out. He does these blunders way too often and has been excused way too many times just because he's our young youth product.

I'm sick of him and his pathetic performances. He seemed to be a lost cause until he had that solid performance versus Perugia, where I thought he could've turned a corner. I haven't seen him replicate anything close to that performance. The reason I dislike the kid so much is because he gets so many passes for the mistakes he repeatedly makes... and gets to play for Italy. This shows that there is something really wrong when rating players such as De Sciglio.

At the end of the day it is what he does in the official matches that count and we haven't seen anything promising from him in a very, very long time. He's 22 years now.. he's been playing with us for 4 years. How much more experience and playing time does he need to get before we decide that his mistakes are way too frequent and they're hurting us?

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Many of you are defending him and I'm just seeing these posts...

About the goal, you guys are completely correct when you say the goal is more Romagnoli's fault than De Sciglio. It also is true I may have exaggerated by putting the blame of the goal on him - but that is going to happen to players who consistently perform bad and make blunders.

Here is where some of you guys are wrong - you guys claim that that was his only mistake?

No, that was the least harmful mistake he's made in that game actually.

Did you guys forget De Sciglio completely destroying the offside trap and allowing Icardi a free 1on1 which he should've scored but Diegod Lopez saved us? That was a sure goal 100% and that mistake was De Sciglio's responsibility and his alone.

There was another incident where Inter were on a 1on1 thanks to De Sciglio's error again with the offside trap but thankfully the linesman called it offside. It was a very, very close call and De Sciglio should have never allowed their attacker to be that close to being offside, the rest of our defence line was at least 1 meter ahead except for his clumsy stupid ass. This was De Sciglio's mistake again 100%.

In the second half, we had an incoming cross into our box from the right side and De Sciglio was supposed to be marking his man (I forgot who). His man was able to jump behind De Sciglio and head the ball with so much ease, it was as if De Sciglio wasn't even there. He got the ball from the 6-yard-box line and as a defender you cannot under any circumstance allow a striker that much free roam to head the ball - at the very least you should challenge him and throw his balance when he jumps.

But you guys are completely blind to those three mistakes... why? Because we didn't concede a goal.

It's not fair that you give him a pass for his mistakes just because Inter's strikers didn't capitalize on his mistakes or Lopez bailed Mattia out. He does these blunders way too often and has been excused way too many times just because he's our young youth product.

I'm sick of him and his pathetic performances. He seemed to be a lost cause until he had that solid performance versus Perugia, where I thought he could've turned a corner. I haven't seen him replicate anything close to that performance. The reason I dislike the kid so much is because he gets so many passes for the mistakes he repeatedly makes... and gets to play for Italy. This shows that there is something really wrong when rating players such as De Sciglio.

At the end of the day it is what he does in the official matches that count and we haven't seen anything promising from him in a very, very long time. He's 22 years now.. he's been playing with us for 4 years. How much more experience and playing time does he need to get before we decide that his mistakes are way too frequent and they're hurting us?

Really don't understand your hatred towards DES...it's totally irrational.

Firstly the goal, it's wasn't just Romagnoli's fault but also Montolivo's. Montolivo lost his man and allowed Guarin a free sprint towards our box where he turned Romagnoli. Unfortunately DES was only cm's away from succeeding with his last ditch tackle.

Aside from the offside issue, I think DES' overall performance was stellar. You've highlighted he messed up a 1-on-1 (personally I can't remember) but forgot to mention the numerous interventions and clearances he made. His link up play was also very good and crucial to our transition from defence to attack.

For some bizarre reason you haven't taken a liking to him and will find any excuse to slam him...even for mistakes he didn't make! You also overlook the 90% good performance he had. Although Romagnoli played well, he also wasn't faultless and made just as many mistakes as DES (leading to a goal). The less said about Zapata and Abate's performances the better.

You're also forgetting that DES is just 22yo playing with his FOURTH manager in as many years. 3 of those manager's can be considered inexperienced/rookies so I doubt he's learnt anything useful in a few years. Not to mention his teammates, formations etc are constantly changing. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be consistent when everything else around you isn't? Let's not forget he was also playing out of position on the left side which isn't easy.

Personally I think DES has had a great start to the season (both for Milan & NT). He's not yet performing at his peak (like debut season) but he's getting there. He certainly isn't the same player he was last year. I'm convinced when he's coached by a real manager and plays alongside top players he'll rediscover his best form (like NT).

Btw it's laughable that you suggest replacing him with Calabria. As somebody who follows youth let me tell you Calabria hasn't got half the talent DES has. I think DES can become a top player in future whereas Calabria reminds me of another Abate...solid but not spectacular.

This team only has 4 top/potentially top players...Bacca, Balotelli, Romagnoli & DES. Lopez & DJ are solid but declining.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Give the kid chance to grow, he is going to make mistakes.

Schedule