Andrea Poli Thread

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I dont think that would count because it would be Europa League. I think you can add one player to your CL roster I think? I know Madrid did it a few years ago...

And even if he is, I would still like to have him to give our Senatores some rest during the Serie A season to keep them fresh. He would be a long term buy

Yeah u can add one player from EL to CL but i think there might be rules to that. Poli would be the next dream buy.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I dont think that would count because it would be Europa League. I think you can add one player to your CL roster I think? I know Madrid did it a few years ago...

And even if he is, I would still like to have him to give our Senatores some rest during the Serie A season to keep them fresh. He would be a long term buy

Yes he would be cup tied because he played against Werder Bremen in the UCL qualifiers first leg which is considered as good as a game in UCL final rounds.

And madrid bought europa league guys lass and hunt so they were able to play one of them.

However it would be amazing like you said if he came. A sure shot investment for the future. He is a very hot prospect. Its best to buy him now rather than waiting for him to be target of other big european clubs.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
its unlikely he would come in january, but our management seems to have labelled him is our heir to pirlo. I think they are trying to get an option for next summer before he blows up and his fee triples.

Now that's smart business if milan can pull it off.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
its unlikely he would come in january, but our management seems to have labelled him is our heir to pirlo. I think they are trying to get an option for next summer before he blows up and his fee triples.

Now that's smart business if milan can pull it off.

Really hope its true.We have enough stars in our team now,we need to buy players for the future and he seems like one.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
He has to be Pirlo successor.

Milan Hair
Milan Name
Milan Looks
Milan Play
Milan Player.

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
"From next season, if a player's club is eliminated and he signs for a new club by the end of the summer transfer window on September 1 he can play for his new club in either competition.

"If he is not signed by the end of the summer window, he can move in the January window."

The one stipulation that remains is that clubs can add up to three new players in January, only one of whom will be eligible if they have previously played in the qualifying rounds.

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-47184120100324

Meaning since Sampdoria were eliminated in the playoff rounds, Andrea Poli would be eligible to join another team in january. we can add 3 similar players total.

Last edited:

Madskillz19

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.
Let's go for it!

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Poli have potential to be better version of Gattuso than heir of pirlo.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
poli should become a milan player one day
his style and potential suits milan

Madskillz19

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.
Poli have potential to be better version of Gattuso than heir of pirlo.

maybe a version of de rossi? decent passer with vision and good midfield defence

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
maybe a version of de rossi? decent passer with vision and good midfield defence
Nah... I don't think so, he's not as complete as De rossi, poli like to fight for the ball, n his shot is awful (lol very Gattuso), but his pass is good n more dynamic.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Nah... I don't think so, he's not as complete as De rossi, poli like to fight for the ball, n his shot is awful (lol very Gattuso), but his pass is good n more dynamic.

It will be interesting to see if the chat of him possibly coming to Milan in January picks up pace nearer the end of the year... A great prospect, and for the right price, he could be a great addition :)

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
I'd actually offer for Dessena who Samp don't value that much ...from what i've seen from him he could become great ...very workmanlike and tenacious...good decisions on the field and has a good enough passing range + good with both feet and can score goals

could be a great box-box for the future

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
I'd actually offer for Dessena who Samp don't value that much ...from what i've seen from him he could become great ...very workmanlike and tenacious...good decisions on the field and has a good enough passing range + good with both feet and can score goals

i agree. i feel he would be of greater value than flamini and kpb

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think that next season we go for at least one midfielder that IS a great midfielder... Do we not have enough youth in our own ranks that COULD be great?

For me Poli would be nice, depending on he gets on this season, and his price... If he develops well and is available for a sensible price, then him and either Asamoah or Sissoko would be amazing!!!

Next year we may see Gattusso and Seedorf leaving, and the jury is still out on our youth, KPB and Flamini, so one or 2 high quality midfielders is a must!!!

Oh and at least one WC full back :D

Last edited:

Rick

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Marco van Basten
That's extremely unlikely:

1 - he's fucking expensive, and we know it

2 - that's a blog, I could make a blog and make up shit too

But it is based on something Sergio Gasparin, Sampdoria's sporting director, said several days ago that was reported in the Italian press and has just now made it into English (Yahoo Sports is reporting it too). He claims Milan is interested and will make a bid (although I don't believe he specified when). So it could very well be an option Milan could explore either in January or next summer.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
But it is based on something Sergio Gasparin, Sampdoria's sporting director, said several days ago that was reported in the Italian press and has just now made it into English (Yahoo Sports is reporting it too). He claims Milan is interested and will make a bid (although I don't believe he specified when). So it could very well be an option Milan could explore either in January or next summer.

Wow! That's very good news!

@Marco Gullit
Poli is further along the way to being "good" then any of our youth players. Do you think any of them could hold down a starting position at Samp like he did last year? There are not many 20 year olds who can do that at this level. Besides I think it is important we keep a tradition of quality Italian players at Milan. A lot of our Italian players will soon retire, e.g Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Bonera, Ambrosini, Oddo, Zambrotta, Pippo, Abbiati. That's a lot of players when you think about it. Besides Poli is Milan material, Milan hair, Milan Name, Milan play, Perfect!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Haven't seem him play so can't say either way.

One player we should go for imo is Gallopa of Parma. He's a very good player.

Douchebag101

Primavera
Reaction score
finally, an italian player. i was getting worried we're starting to forget our italian identity and becoming like a certain club from the same city

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
finally, an italian player. i was getting worried we're starting to forget our italian identity and becoming like a certain club from the same city

balo will be ours rest of the Italians suck monkey balls, there is no striker in italy or world who can displace any of our attackers (cassano was rejected by billy and co years ago so dont see him here), None in CB positions(bonnuci had a good year but silva is the best and papa looks like a talent and then the master No13) nor in DM position(only pearl from sierra leone can shine if flamini+ambro+kpb+gattuso flops together which iis never going to happen), De rossi wont be coming(randomly i remembered calums post on how de rossi+canna +chellini ahead of buffon would be interesting in the world cup :D)

Only place open for competition is Fullbacks and that pirlo position which is already covered by italians. Its not milans fault that italy is producing shit players, and Milan never develops a player We buy :D

4 positions will always be for italians as of Now
Fullbacks +Pirlo position+goal keepers + if sandro is fit then 5 for sure. Then there is Ambro who has been starting for Milan and pippo inzaghi will play his role. So i dont know how you can compare Milan with Inter.

Once again its not Milans fault that Italians are shit these days

Douchebag101

Primavera
Reaction score
balo will be ours rest of the Italians suck monkey balls, there is no striker in italy or world who can displace any of our attackers (cassano was rejected by billy and co years ago so dont see him here), None in CB positions(bonnuci had a good year but silva is the best and papa looks like a talent and then the master No13) nor in DM position(only pearl from sierra leone can shine if flamini+ambro+kpb+gattuso flops together which iis never going to happen), De rossi wont be coming(randomly i remembered calums post on how de rossi+canna +chellini ahead of buffon would be interesting in the world cup :D)

Only place open for competition is Fullbacks and that pirlo position which is already covered by italians. Its not milans fault that italy is producing shit players, and Milan never develops a player We buy :D

4 positions will always be for italians as of Now
Fullbacks +Pirlo position+goal keepers + if sandro is fit then 5 for sure. Then there is Ambro who has been starting for Milan and pippo inzaghi will play his role. So i dont know how you can compare Milan with Inter.

Once again its not Milans fault that Italians are shit these days

i agree, recent italian talents are shit these days (althou i wouldnt say shit, probably just unproven? they might turn good). i just remember the days when we had nesta, maldini, pancaro, pirlo, gattuso, inzaghi at their best age playing starters for us, with occassional addition of ambro coming as a sub. now, sure we have pirlo, inzaghi (althou doubt he'd play a lot this season), nesta, amelia/abbiati, and probably zambro and antonini. but some if not most of them are over the top of their time dont u think? i dont want us to be juve who buys italian players just for the sake of their nationality. i still want milan-calibre player in our squad. it just feels nice to be linked with an italian player once in a while. i guess it came out wrong in my previous post. i was in no way trying to like milan with inter

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
When there is a good italian talent available we will buy , fuck our primavera is super loaded but unless those kids show messi/pato potential over here none of them wears first team shirt.

Baresi once said in an interview having an open cheque book at milan is a bane for young ones cause the best in the world is available for the first team but the ones who break into the team tends to play for a long time
Albertini baresi paolo.

We are looking for pirlos heir cause 2010 wc was supposed to be the beginning of end for him, Now pirlo will retire here and we need to bring some one to replace him and I think poli is one who got managements attention. regarding fullbacks and Gk italians are putting up a decent performance with low wage. So we are not going to spend over the top for anyone right NOW(a good example was g bringing in amelia instead of marchetti, atleast in terms of money)

At max we are going to pull off a gattu + pirlo 10 years back when they were not wanted by many.
2 FBs and a CM . we are going to dominate the world Now pray that they are italians but there arent any world class italians at that position right NOW

And on other news dinho is going to rape a new hole to Jube NT when we meet again

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien

yeah i'd love dessena too, he's probably really cheap as well, samp loaned him to cagliari last season right

zangetsu

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ash Cole, Nesta, Tiago Silva, Ronaldinho, Pato, Kaka, Essien, David Silva, Kwadwo Asamoah, Ibra,

whats with this italian identity....we should buy the best players available for the poisitions that we are in need. Football is a global game, theres no way we should only be looking at "italian identity" when filling positions. the only question we need to answer before making a purchase is whether a player would help us win.italians better be talented or they shouldnt be playing for Milan

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wow! That's very good news!

@Marco Gullit
Poli is further along the way to being "good" then any of our youth players. Do you think any of them could hold down a starting position at Samp like he did last year? There are not many 20 year olds who can do that at this level. Besides I think it is important we keep a tradition of quality Italian players at Milan. A lot of our Italian players will soon retire, e.g Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Bonera, Ambrosini, Oddo, Zambrotta, Pippo, Abbiati. That's a lot of players when you think about it. Besides Poli is Milan material, Milan hair, Milan Name, Milan play, Perfect!

I understand that, thats why I said I'd love him AND one either WC or high quality, reliable midfielder... Poli is a great young player, who still has to develop, I'd take him in the drop of a hat, but still think one other midfielder may be required. If you look at the strength and depth Chelsea now have in midfield its scary good...

This year is make or break for nearly all of our midfield, by next Summer we'll know the true extent of the re-building job required. If Seedorf and Gattuso or Ambrossini retire or move on for first team football thats a massive gap. KPB and Flamini might make the starting spots in our first 11 theirs, but as you said, our youngsters aren't there yet... So Having someone like Poli, one other midfielder, plus Flaimini, Pirlo and KPB plus some of our youngsters makes for a competative, fully functioning, diverse midfield... Plus it allows our youngsters that little more time to develop more :D

Poli for a sensible price would be amazing, but I think one other midfielder would just be the iceing on the cake :tongue:

As for Italian identity, its a romantic notion that is not viable in today's footballing business... Should we not be picking up the World best youngsters and just be bringing in Italian youngsters? The way I see it is if there are some good Italians that have potential, then great, get them, otherwise get the best players for the position regardless of nationality... Milan will always try to bring through young Italians, or buy young Italians and turn them into Azzurri. The problem is that there just arent that many around, and with Italian rules, we so the best youngest Italians move abroad... Is that rule regarding proffesional contracts for under 18s I think it is still going :(

Last edited:

Jorjie

Yipikaye Madafaka
Reaction score
I believe Italy have a lots of talented players, unfortunately at Italy the opportunity not much given to youth players. If we only purchase is whether a player would help us win, that sounds so selfish dude. Therefore, we must also involved develop domestic players, because AC Milan is italian club

Last edited: