Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
another shit performance .
but but but he was amazing against perugia :lol::lol::lol:

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He plays like he doesn't give a shit. He has no urgency to his play and needs to improve.

Dirk Diggler

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Nesta, Ibrahimovic, Mexes, Montolivo
Lord Bonera must have taught him the "fall down while trying to mark in the box" technique before he left. Hopefully he unlearns that soon.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Should go the SES way and:

tumblr_lrlinuX7VB1qg6v9wo1_400.gif

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
He plays like he doesn't give a shit. He has no urgency to his play and needs to improve.
Just because he doesn't scream and shout doesn't mean he is not interested.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This was a bad game even in comparison to the Derby. He looked better at the off side trap but still got beaten at it.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Did some good things here and there but overall he had a bad game.
As i wrote the other day, the lb position is antonelli's. While the rb i would probably give it to de sciglio. But after that calabria performance, i wouldn't be surprised if miha started him at rb again.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
de sciglio made it very easy for me to convince you how shit he was, if indeed you did watch his every movement. i'm not even going to comment on his second half performance, it's really sad that he continues to play for us.

calabria at 18 years old came on as a sub and had a performance that de sciglio probably has never had in 4 years here. he's had some good games here n there but calabria showed everything we wanted in a full back.

i didn't forget what a couple of members said when i suggested calabria to play because anything was better than de sciglio... i'm not going to say calabria is already better, but i'm saying he definitely deserves to play as much as de sciglio/abate if not more than them. i hope miha rewards calabria because he has impressed at every opportunity he's got from his promotion to their first squad. his defence was immense, his offence was great, he ran so much, he passed the ball, he was composed. he was everything we hoped de sciglio would be - 2 years ago..... but he's 22 and hasn't shown any promise in two seasons.

enough is enough. we need to open our eyes and recognize that he's not what we had hoped he'd be. the faster Miha realizes it, the sooner we will succeed.

de sciglio has had a part to play in each of the last 3 goals we've conceded. you can blame inexperience all you want... thank god Calabria showed up with that performance today. It'll open all your eyes to how average Mattia is. Plus he's 4 years younger.. I'm sure everyone here will very soon jump on the 'bench De Sciglio' bandwagon. I just wonder why did it have to take so long for people to realize this.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
de sciglio made it very easy for me to convince you how shit he was, if indeed you did watch his every movement. i'm not even going to comment on his second half performance, it's really sad that he continues to play for us.

calabria at 18 years old came on as a sub and had a performance that de sciglio probably has never had in 4 years here. he's had some good games here n there but calabria showed everything we wanted in a full back.

i didn't forget what a couple of members said when i suggested calabria to play because anything was better than de sciglio... i'm not going to say calabria is already better, but i'm saying he definitely deserves to play as much as de sciglio/abate if not more than them. i hope miha rewards calabria because he has impressed at every opportunity he's got from his promotion to their first squad. his defence was immense, his offence was great, he ran so much, he passed the ball, he was composed. he was everything we hoped de sciglio would be - 2 years ago..... but he's 22 and hasn't shown any promise in two seasons.

enough is enough. we need to open our eyes and recognize that he's not what we had hoped he'd be. the faster Miha realizes it, the sooner we will succeed.

de sciglio has had a part to play in each of the last 3 goals we've conceded. you can blame inexperience all you want... thank god Calabria showed up with that performance today. It'll open all your eyes to how average Mattia is. Plus he's 4 years younger.. I'm sure everyone here will very soon jump on the 'bench De Sciglio' bandwagon. I just wonder why did it have to take so long for people to realize this.

:thumbsup:
:star::star::star::star::star:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
first half for de sciglio..... it was okay overall... except that he lost his man who scored against us on a corner. and also his crosses were pretty awful when he got the chance to cross.

calabria's first cross into the box in his debut was better than de sciglio's crosses for the past 2 seasons... it even resulted in a bacca goal. calabria is exactly showing de sciglio why he should be starting above him, or at least getting equal chances.

let's see how he plays in the 2nd half

Only watched the first half and thought he was very good except for 3 shitty crosses. 2 of those crosses were with his left foot so hardly unexpected. Hard to blame him for the goal since Lopez barged into him pushing Hiljiemark away from him. Still think he's far better playing on the right.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Antonelli - LB and Calabria/DeS -RB
Abate should be the one to go in my opinion.
DeS looks extremely bad (esp at LB) but im kind of scared to let these kids go. It really hurts to watch Darmian killing it at Manure.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
When he gonna stop play so shit?
Someday our management will finally running out of patience and he may get booted out like his pal ses
Im still his fans but he desperately need to kick it up a notch

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
His work rate is good, especially if compared to last year, and i predict it's going to improve. He's still good in 1v1 challenges on the flank.

He needs to work on his concentration and tactical awareness.

The downside is that i don't think he will ever be a good crosser.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I bet people would be happy to see Kevin HorseDick Constant back here :D

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score

you re way off.

apart from the goal mistake when he lost his man.(the corner goal wasnt his mistake..) he was just as good as calabria, but you re really throwing him under the buss with every ocassion while you are incredibly hyping calabria aftern not even one full official match..

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you re way off.

apart from the goal mistake when he lost his man.(the corner goal wasnt his mistake..) he was just as good as calabria, but you re really throwing him under the buss with every ocassion while you are incredibly hyping calabria aftern not even one full official match..

me hyping calabria? that's not hyping. That's giving credit when it's due, just like how I give criticism when it's due - something you need to learn how to do.

An 18 year old having a performance like that on his debut didn't impress you, not only that - but you say De Sciglio's performance was just as good as Calabria's. Even when De Sciglio made 1 crucial mistake in which we could've dropped points according to you (twice according to me) and Calabria's cross lead to a goal.

That, my friend, is hype. Unfortunately it seems like there's something biologically wrong with Milansiti, they just can't help but over-rate De Sciglio. These are traits that United and Madrid fans have, they just rate their players above every thing else in the world... it's unfortunate that we have fans like that.

Calabria has a long way to go but he definitely brought in a performance that earned him a starting berth next game - and he's done that every single time he's played. De Sciglio has been flopping game after game since that Perugia game. He did show some promise that game and if you read a few pages back you will see that I completely had a different review to his performance after that game and hoped he would continue. I have nothing against the kid personally, he trains hard, he's a professional, he's well behaved, but these qualities aren't enough to start at Milan. Bonera was just the same, he always is available when called upon, he has the odd good performance every 6 months, but he doesn't have the quality to match his professionalism. De Sciglio is the new Bonera.

I have liked almost every Mihajlovic decision this year and I've really grown to like him. I predict Sinisa will start with Antonelli and Calabria soon, he's a smart man and I'm certain he has already figured out that De Sciglio is a liability - always has been. He is the single most over rated Milan player since 2002 (when I started watching Milan) and what baffles me is that even Italy are selecting him for the NT and he continues to perform horrible for club & country yet no body is axing him. There is something very wrong with our football culture if De Sciglio's performances are seen as good enough.

and a tip for you- in professional football (ie not sunday friendly football) if you lose your man in a corner kick and he scores - it's your fault. There is no debating this. Lopez could also be at fault for how he left his goal but Lopez' jump was affected because Hiljemark was allowed to roam around in front of him affecting his ability to get the ball. Hiljemark should've never had that much room in the first place. Lopez wasn't meant to man mark Hiljemark- De Sciglio was.... Diego went to punch out the ball but Hiljemark interfered when he shouldn't have.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He's a RB who can play LB reasonably well! He had several great games at LB so everyone expects him to be great everytime which is BS. Not everybody can play both FB positions equally well like Lahm. Do you think Ricardo Rodriguez would look great at RB? Or Dani Alves at LB?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
lol at the dumbasses throwing him under the bus. He is 22 and has for most of his Milan career played in mediocre and volatile milan squads, which also for the most part really didnt have good defenders. How is a young player gonna develop properly if there is no stability in the squad and in a team that has had 4 managers in the past three seasons?

I am not excusing him. Arguably, he has regressed, but he is also just 22. Give him time before writing him off. My problem with him is that his constant failure to beat his man. He just doesnt seem to know how and looks utterly clueless as a result when in attack

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol at the dumbasses throwing him under the bus. He is 22 and has for most of his Milan career played in mediocre and volatile milan squads, which also for the most part really didnt have good defenders. How is a young player gonna develop properly if there is no stability in the squad and in a team that has had 4 managers in the past three seasons?

I am not excusing him. Arguably, he has regressed, but he is also just 22. Give him time before writing him off. My problem with him is that his constant failure to beat his man. He just doesnt seem to know how and looks utterly clueless as a result when in attack

so de sciglio has problems beating his man.. ok. he actually was never able to beat his man, even at his very best. he may have done it 2-3 times out of 100 attempts, but that's something he's incapable of. maybe he can learn to do it with time.

that's offensively, how about defensively? what about the fuckups he has been doing consistently? he's been training with the first squad for 4 years now and he still is an absolute amateur at the offside trap? Just like at the lost two games and you'll understand how bad he is at that also.

If you cite instability within the squad as excuses for him failing to mature and play better then how did Calabria have a performance yesterday that De Sciglio hasn't had in recent memory? Why are Antonelli and Calabria doing the right things when they are training with the same squad/coach/conditions as De Sciglio?

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Very good post.

People here are literally complaining about B&G in the Commode about how we didn't give Saponara a fair chance, and then want to throw De Sciglio, a FB that many have called one of the best prospects in Europe, away after a few injury hit seasons?

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very good post.

People here are literally complaining about B&G in the Commode about how we didn't give Saponara a fair chance, and then want to throw De Sciglio, a FB that many have called one of the best prospects in Europe, away after a few injury hit seasons?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

according to who?

What about your opinion? Haven't you seen enough of him over the last 4 years to make up your mind or you need the media to make your opinion for you?

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah . he could be new version of bonera :lol:

are u being sarcastic or do u agree with me? :D

I mean I hate to compare De Sciglio to Bonera, that's pretty much the worst thing that can ever happen to a defender but the truth hurts sometimes.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Sounds like the New Montolivo with the amount of shit thrown at this player.His play will improve.Kid needs time.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a question to the De Sciglio fans which they need to think about:

When Antonelli returns and we assume Abate is fully fit (I'm not saying on top form, I'm saying when they are all FIT enough to start), who do you guys think should our stArting FBs be after seeing Calabria's performance yesterday?

The answer for me is clear as day. I'm curious to know what other Milanisti think? If all fullbacks are fully fit, who would you want to start? Which players offer more guarantees when they play? Which player is likelier to have a good game based on what we seen so far?

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i am really split when it comes to him. he certainly shown a lot of potential a couple of years ago. everybody can agree that he isn't close to this level now. injuries, playing LB not RB, etc. has taken his tole.

but on the other hand , he is still 22 and maybe he can get back to that path he was walking some years back. yesterday it was clear to me that he lacks mental stability and self-confidence. when he got beaten for the 2nd goal, he lost all confidence ih him and started making one mistake after another.

but also it seems that playing LB is too big trouble for him. it's obvious that he at 22 years of age cannot cross with his weaker foot like a veteran that it's naturally let-footed. people tend to forget this.

all his previous coaches said he is a RB not LB. and this shows. but he is instructed to play at this position. what can he do ?

imho, only after they give him a good half a season on the RB position we would definitely see and could decide if he can make it or not.

how many world class defenders could play almost at the same quality RB and LB ? Zambrotta at his peak ( probably on e of the bet in the world then ), Lahm ( it has a lot to do with the system ) ... who else ?

Schedule