Paolo Maldini Thread

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
PaoloMaldini3 said:
He played most of the game at left back and was our best player away.

At home he played all of the game at left back and again was probably our best player - and he wasn't substituted.

While i agree he is now a centre back he is still half decent at left back, better than Favalli anyway.
he played the whole game at san siro at LB and was good, at emirates nesta went out on 50mins and maldini switched to center while janku went to left and his MoM performance was thanks to his work in the center. at LB i think he cant offer us anything in attack and when he does attack he leaves alot of space in the back since he doesnt have the pace to get back in time, at the center you dont need to run as much you need to be good at positioning and thats why he is still one of the best at that position, i really hope he doesnt play on the left again infact i wonder why kaladze never plays there anymore he used to be better at LB than CB, and for the record favalli as LB is better than current maldini LB

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
ashish_skaria said:
A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL NOTE
6/6/2008
MILAN - A.C. Milan communicate that Captain Paolo Maldini's contract has been extended to 30 June 2009.

hell yeah.. one great news as my birthday present :D no need to worry about he will gonna slow down or something that we aint gonna buy CB or LB.. we will ;)

Milanista_MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO, MALDINI, PAOLO MALDINI, MALDINI, PAOLO, # 3, KAKA (GOD IS FAITHFUL), INZAGHI (GOAL MACHINE)
Are any of you Maldini fans who have never seen him play gonna do it this year??

I really wish too, but most of all I wish to attend his retirment ceremony if he has one.

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
well i hope maldini lifts his last trophy....the one he has never won THE UEFA CUP, with that...he will be more than a legend. i think maldini's renewal is to boost our confidence and win both scudetto and the UEFA CUP

so bring it on!

fuck next season's CL campaign.

and in 2009-2010...lets win it again!

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Milan will never learn. :o
We r playin shit 4 the last 3 years , last year we were shit & they still didnt learn.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
but that's exactly what the management thinks with extendin' his contract... and will say things like "we have Maldini stayin' for another year & we will not buy anymore in defence"...

so if Maldini wants another extension next year? and the year after? and the year after? and the year after? are we goin' to keep "rewarding" him with future 1 year extensions on the basis he has done alot for Milan & is the record holder for appearances? by the time he is 70... he still will be the record holder for appearances... are we then goin' to "reward" him with another contract till he is 80?

True but it was not like they were going to sign a young defender anyway. It was either he stays or they extend Simic contract. Well like ive told you, Maldini can play better than Simic with his eyes closed and 1 leg tied to the back. Its probably time for Silvio son to step in and revamp the management.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I have too many mix feelings about this to actually come with a coherent reaction.

However, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't buy another defender (though with our management those things are not logical...but I'm pretty sure that if he would have retired, the replacement would have been Simic or Ferrari).

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
we are going to buy a centeral defender they were waiting to see whether maldini will extend or not so as to chose to keep simic or send him to galatasaray or celtic. now that capitano is staying then simic will leave he said he wants to join celtic to experience the old firm, i hope we get zapata but i think we will get ferrari on a bosman

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Milanista_MP3 said:
Are any of you Maldini fans who have never seen him play gonna do it this year??

I really wish too, but most of all I wish to attend his retirment ceremony if he has one.
Yeah definitely. I'm going to try and grab tickets for his last match. Been saving up 15g now for the trip to Italy.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Obviously people aren't aware that Maldini can't play more than one match a week. He still plays at the elite level and continuously performs overshining his peers and rivals. His presence in the team is like no other and regardless whether he plays or not his impact on the other players is invaluable. Can't believe how disrepectful and delusional some fans can be.

And at the end of the day I couldn't give a toss. Maldini is staying for another year whether you like it or not. :D

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Thanks Maldini...
Milan won't be complete without you...
I dont care...if he wants to play until 50 then he plays...
he surely deserves it....

Milanista_MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO, MALDINI, PAOLO MALDINI, MALDINI, PAOLO, # 3, KAKA (GOD IS FAITHFUL), INZAGHI (GOAL MACHINE)
San Paolo said:
Yeah definitely. I'm going to try and grab tickets for his last match. Been saving up 15g now for the trip to Italy.

How are you gonna get tickets for the last match exactly? I need to start planning too. :)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Milanista_MP3 said:
How are you gonna get tickets for the last match exactly? I need to start planning too. :)

are you going to be bitter when he decided 2 weeks after that game. 1 MORE YEAR!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista_MP3 said:
Have no idea, though surely there will be a testimoninal match like Baresi played so I'd definitely try as hard as I can to get a hold on to those tickets. =)

Have to speak to my cousins who like in Milan to help me out. If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
San Paolo said:

I have a question. Why would you need 15g to go to Italy, watch a game and back? Is it really that expensive? If it's not too personal, can you break it down? I was planning on doing the same, but not if I have to save 15g.

Or are you going to be spending most of the money on copious amounts of alcohol? :D

Milanista_MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Have no idea, though surely there will be a testimoninal match like Baresi played so I'd definitely try as hard as I can to get a hold on to those tickets. =)

Have to speak to my cousins who like in Milan to help me out. If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Thankyou so much! I would really appreciate that! :)

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
I just found this video of an interview of Maldini at his house and we can see little Christian (this was obviously a few years ago)

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i want to be the 1st to saying Happy Birthday Il'Capitano :star:
in my place it's already 26th June 2008. i know he is old now. but he is no doubt a legend :proud: he is the reason why i like football in generally and Milan the spesificly. and that love will surely forever even when he is retired :)

Maldini is always :star: :star: :star:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
my place its 12
happy birthday Il'Capitano

i want you to lift more trophies for us, we love you like
you are our heart you are our leader
Thanks for being our Symbol
MIlan with Maldini === Awesome :)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Ok the 26th is still 9 hours and 15 min away here, but i can't wait.

:star: Buon Compleanno, Il'Capitano :star:

Thank you for all that you have given to Milan and football in general all these years, they'll never be another you. :proud:

I hope you can lift at least one more trophy this season. :)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Auguri San Paolo!! :D
Forever young :)

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
Still june 25 for me, but I'll jump on the bandwagon. :D

Happy Birthday Il Capitano!! :star:
or Buon Compleanno
Feliz Aniversário
Joyeux Anniversaire
Feliz Cumpleaños
etc... I dunno the rest. :tongue:

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
BUON COMPLEANNO SAN PAOLO!!!
438-5.jpg

Birth date: 6/26/1968​

"Life Begins at Forty" :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Happy b day Capitano!!!!!!!!

Cant belive his already 40 ..what a legend i wish he could stay fit forever :(

Forza Maldini and Milan

Schedule