Official Romanian Liga I thread

Who's going to win the 2010-2011 season of Liga I?

• Total voters

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
tmilan said:
The correct question would be Is there anyone here that like Dinamo? ;) I hope Craiova beats 'em altough I don't see it happening (Craiova is minima).
:star: Forza Steaua!!! :star:

A friend of mine's a huge Dinamo fan. And he's from Cluj. Of course, the fact that there are Stelists in our little circle of friends makes drinking more fun. I prefer to stay out and support Cluj as arguments sometimes become too intense for me. I don't like Becali's attitude though.

PS. My friend, the Dinamo fan, is also a loyal U-Cluj supporter so we do have our differences.

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bucharest, Romania, Ghencea Stadium, Curva Nord
madtherchot said:
A friend of mine's a huge Dinamo fan. And he's from Cluj. Of course, the fact that there are Stelists in our little circle of friends makes drinking more fun. I prefer to stay out and support Cluj as arguments sometimes become too intense for me. I don't like Becali's attitude though.

PS. My friend, the Dinamo fan, is also a loyal U-Cluj supporter so we do have our differences.

Nobody does. But the man is the owner. There's nothing we can do about it. Plus he was the one to stoped selling our players for small sums like others clubs did.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yes, I know that. What he has done for the club is a different thing. Its his attitude that bothers me.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
madtherchot said:
oops, sorry. My Romanian's pretty pathetic. My language learning skills are next to none :tongue:

But yeah, I hate the police too ;) but maybe that's because I haven't been confronted by a soldier.
You're not romanian, eh ? :)
Dinamo was the police team, militia, the 'worst' branch of the Securitate, the secret police force of communist Romania.
By 1951, the Securitate's staff had increased fivefold, in line with the escalation of class warfare in Romania. In that year, the Securitate, at the instigation of the Party, began to systematically exterminate opponents of the regime. Special prisons were set up for "class enemies" to be sent to, usually without warrant, trial or enquiry. In these camps, prisoners were either worked to death or simply shot.[...]the Securitate claimed to be "appealing to the people's conscience", which actually meant a massive increase in the organisation's use of informants. Many Romanians were forced to inform on friends and family by way of blackmail.
You get the picture why Dinamo's so hated. :)

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
cosmin said:
God, no. Dinamo was the Police team. Steaua the Army team.

That aint realy sumthing u should be proud of,i would be ashed if i new all my titles before 89` were given by the comunist gouverment.

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
pussycat_doll said:
That aint realy sumthing u should be proud of,i would be ashed if i new all my titles before 89` were given by the comunist gouverment.

That's a long disscusion. Steaua had some of the best players because the team was suported by the guverment. Thats tru. But it wasn't like other teams couldn't win it. FC Arges, Petrolu, Rapid, Craiova or UTA also won titles.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They've won them in spite of that, not because of it.

If we are to recount the Romanian titles and exclude the ones "awarded", Steaua and Dinamo would be "up there" with Rapid with 2-3 titles. But oh wait, Rapid would have one or none if so. :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
MaGasTeR said:
You're not romanian, eh ? :)

Alright, alright ... I'm an NRI (Non-resident Indian) born and brought up in Zambia, Africa.

The quoted article really does explain a lot. I would have been pretty paranoid not knowing who to trust - article portrays informers as your average Joe. We also had our stint at communism in Zambia albeit not so dramatic. Needless to say, our clubs and national team were much stronger then than they are now. Dont know why. Freedom perhaps?

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
David said:
They've won them in spite of that, not because of it.

If we are to recount the Romanian titles and exclude the ones "awarded", Steaua and Dinamo would be "up there" with Rapid with 2-3 titles. But oh wait, Rapid would have one or none if so. :D

Yes. That was my point. You could have won the title without the help of the comunist. If we are counting the titles won after '89, Steaua has 9, Dinamo about 4 or 5, Rapid 2 and Craiova 1.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Missed the begining of Craiova - Dinamo. Looks pretty hostile and crowded. How big is the stadium and Craiova anyway?

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
0-3 for Dinamo. Ganea still got the touch :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah, plus Rapid got a red :D
Dinamo has to be stopped. Their goal difference is growing game by game. I just heard that Catalin(Sp?) Munteanu is injured ... so thats a plus. But still, 4-0 was quite convincing :head:

I hope Rapid tires Jiul for us :D

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eh convincing over a shitty team.

DJ MILANO

1st Class User
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chivu, Nesta, D.Cisse, Inzaghi , Kaka, Ronaldinho, Robinho
i dont know wy Rapid is participate to the pool results this team has no chance to the title,y think UTA has to be in this pool in the place of Rapid.

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Let's not jump to conclusions. Rapid started bad last year too. But made a good comeback in the second part of the season. Bosanceanu (Faru owner) acused his players og non-combat against Steaua. Made he will do good to bring some evidence. Otherwise if i were Steaua's owner i would see him in court. Iancu (Poli's owner) made the same acusations after Dinamo - Poli but he apoligeis later.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
And Bursaspor as well. He played in Turkey. He is a nice striker but I think he is old.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully Ganea will repeat his feat this weekend vs. Bulgaria and afterwards vs. Albania.

He's a bit of lunatic, by the way. :D

I'd rather have him than Daniel Niculae in the first eleven as he's a much better finisher. Too bad Mazilu is out of the circuit.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cosmin said:
Let's not jump to conclusions. Rapid started bad last year too. But made a good comeback in the second part of the season. Bosanceanu (Faru owner) acused his players og non-combat against Steaua. Made he will do good to bring some evidence. Otherwise if i were Steaua's owner i would see him in court. Iancu (Poli's owner) made the same acusations after Dinamo - Poli but he apoligeis later.
Eh media bullshit.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
David said:
Hopefully Ganea will repeat his feat this weekend vs. Bulgaria and afterwards vs. Albania.

He's a bit of lunatic, by the way. :D

I'd rather have him than Daniel Niculae in the first eleven as he's a much better finisher. Too bad Mazilu is out of the circuit.

Niculae, the former Rapid and now Auxerre player? I thought he was pretty decent at Rapid and his importance to their squad is now showing. All credit to Ganea's performance last night, but two goals were pretty much tap-ins IMO. In his other games this season, I didn't think he was as impressive. However, Niculae isn't in form and thats mainly due to his not settling down quickly at Auxerre. So for now, Ganea would be better as form is of utmost importance ;) (Thang Bao, my big off-season signing :head: ). But for the future, I'd be more interested in Niculae. How old is he by the way? And is Badae in the squad?

Of course, all this is my opinion and I'm sure you know I have limited knowledge in Romanian football :D

PS. Badea reminds me of Niculae. Do you guys think likewise?

Last edited:

Schedule