Official: Ivan Gazidis Thread

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Not entirely Aivan's fault, that.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tottenham’s chairman still hadn’t sanctioned the deal for Bale to move to Madrid and time was beginning to run out.
“We had finalised a deal with Madrid,” said Law. “Ivan was there and I was now in Munich with Ozil - and this was literally the morning of the Tottenham match when Ivan calls me.
“Jose Angel had told Ivan that Levy had called him and said the one last condition of the Bale deal was Madrid couldn’t sell any players to Arsenal.

“Ivan’s response was that Levy was bluffing because he’d already spent the Bale money. But he still said to me that we couldn’t take a chance and asked if I could get from Munich to London to be in the directors' box because Tottenham were starting to think something was going down.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how...-fund-madrids-bale/111kdcqqvdxmh1qc7xq86q97ot

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I feel like one day we will see Gazidis on "To Catch a Predator" being asked to take a seat by Chris Hansen...

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hate to say I told you, but I told you. He is terrible and not a football man. He is a great corporate man who will impress business men who owns club but know little about the game. Milan and Arsenal are perfect reminder of how vital it is to have great boards

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Gazidis out, I’ve had enough

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
95991d0c25e26f158a55dce36b8f9168_400x400.jpeg

penishead of a ceo

images

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Guy is a cancer to any team, sad he's at ours

#GAZIDISOUT

I think it started to get some traction on FB and twitter, hopefully #gazidisout and #elliotout trend continues, gazidis and elliot are turds who should stay away from this game

Last edited:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Better than marotta.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
An interesting piece taken from Swiss Ramble regarding our CEO target Ivan Gazidis.

As talk intensifies of a potential move of Arsenal’s chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, to Milan, I thought it would be interesting to look at how the club’s financials have developed since he arrived in January 2009. Some thoughts in the following thread #AFC #Milan #ACMilan

#AFC revenue has grown by an impressive £198m under Gazidis, only outpaced by #MCFC £366m & #MUFC £303m in absolute terms. However, this was the 2nd smallest % growth of Big 6. Furthermore, 2017/18 revenue is likely to be £40-50m lower, due to not qualifying for Champions League.

cebd5c766ae4a4648a7d8e17a4e3fe08.jpg

Analysing #AFC £198m revenue growth under Gazidis, most (£125m) is from TV, due to central Premier League deals. As Warren Buffett said, “a rising tide lifts all boats”. Commercial up £69m, but this was a slam dunk after long-term sponsorships linked to stadium funding expired.

d1c172806eb1df41e4a2a9157655f22a.jpg

#AFC commercial revenue, where you would expect Gazidis to have most influence, has grown by £69m, the second lowest of the Big 6 over this period, only ahead of #THFC £44m. #AFC growth was around a third of #MUFC £209m and also behind #MCFC £180m, #CFC £81m and #LFC £76m.

be99a8e3679e48e1940a417de35cf4fc.jpg

In fairness to Gazidis, Emirates extended their #AFC deal (shirt sponsorship & naming rights) from 18/19 for £40m a year (up £10m) – the same as #CFC & #LFC, but below #MUFC £58m (current exchange rates) & #MCFC £45m. Also added “visit Rwanda” as sleeve sponsor for £10m a year.

5cf776adbf7e800d5c64830ce612da04.jpg

In 2013 Gazidis said #AFC “should be able to compete at a level like a club such as Bayern Munich”. Since then, revenue gap fell from £127m to £82m in 2017, but this is still a large shortfall. With the anticipated £40-50m revenue reduction in 18/19, gap will be same as it was.

29d0426d2aabf44b8c1d9948b5a7e330.jpg

In 2011 Gazidis said that “we deliberately kept some powder dry” re #AFC spending plans, which has proved to be a poor strategy, as transfer fees have continued to significantly rise, while the weaker Pound has further reduced the club’s spending power.

Furthermore, #AFC ability to outspend others has diminished. In 2012 they had almost as much cash (£154m) as the rest of the Premier League combined (£181m), but in 2017 other clubs have seen their cash boosted by new PL TV deals, so they now have £819m compared to #AFC £180m.

1f58076509049df88261fcae9d14a978.jpg

Indeed, after many years of rising cash, this has actually fallen at #AFC in last 2 years: £2m in 2016 & £46m in 2017. This is arguably no bad thing, as it is partly due to higher player purchases, but it does mean that Arsenal now have less cash than #MUFC £290m & #THFC £200m.

15fea34b2faf4c5b1aa0cbf4a6c66f24.jpg

Up to the end of the 2016/17 season Gazidis had received £18m remuneration from #AFC. Assuming a similar level in 2017/18 as the previous season, this means that he has trousered over £21m to date. His latest £2.6m remuneration represents a 31% increase over his first full year.

187e6d0eff838228686ddae2a3a92464.jpg

Despite a slight decrease in 2016/17 Gazidis’ #AFC remuneration of £2.6m is only below Daniel Levy’s extraordinary £6m at #THFC (though this apparently includes a backdated pay rise and bonuses), but just above Ed Woodward at #MUFC. Almost three times his #LFC equivalent £0.9m.

52d9f93018f82176dfac2236312ac867.jpg

From a financial perspective Ivan Gazidis has not been a bad chief executive at #AFC, just not especially good. Whether his track record merits Milan’s eager pursuit is debatable. If he does leave Arsenal, the club should be able to find a replacement at least as capable.

:thumbsup:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Guy is a cancer to any team, sad he's at ours

#GAZIDISOUT

I think it started to get some traction on FB and twitter, hopefully #gazidisout and #elliotout trend continues, gazidis and elliot are turds who should stay away from this game

:lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Gazidis leaves Arsenal, that club falls into financial and footballing ruin currently. Giving players like an aging Willian massive contracts.

Gazidis joins AC Milan and compromises with Maldini on having experienced older players (Ibra, Kjaer), tops the league and EL group currently with shrewd investments and stadium project on the horizon.

Seems like he's not so bad as people think. Also very intelligent in the way he speaks - every single time there's a report or presser by him.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Gazidis has grown exponentially in my eyes. Probably much thanks to my initial ignorance and our on-field results but I have truly appreciated some of his interviews and things just seems to be well managed

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazidis leaves Arsenal, that club falls into financial and footballing ruin currently. Giving players like an aging Willian massive contracts.

Gazidis joins AC Milan and compromises with Maldini on having experienced older players (Ibra, Kjaer), tops the league and EL group currently with shrewd investments and stadium project on the horizon.

Seems like he's not so bad as people think. Also very intelligent in the way he speaks - every single time there's a report or presser by him.

He did a pretty terrible job at Arsenal, but he hasn?t really repeated the same mistakes at Milan. All you can ask of a man is to learn from his mistakes, and Gazidis seems to have learned from his mistakes at Arsenal and early in his Milan tenure. I view him and Scaroni in all honesty as doing a wonderful job if they stay well clear of the football operations of the club. They need to focus on the financial side and Scaroni needs to focus on not having tens of thousands of euros stolen from his car like an ass hole.

Ultimately, Scaroni and Gazidis have overseen Milan?s current resurgence. They put Maldini in charge after that rat fuck Leonardo quit AND they seem to be allowing Maldini, Massara, and Moncada to run the football side. Maldini is the type of guy that would say to the press if there were issues, but he has been very complimentary of Gazidis and speaks positively of their working relationship.

If Scaroni and Gazidis manage to build a world class stadium, as they appear to be in the process of doing, then they will have accomplished everything anyone could have hoped for in a very short time. I?ve been hyper critical of both, but things have been moving in a positive direction since Giampaolo was sent back from whatever hole he crawled out of and these guys deserve credit.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
He did a pretty terrible job at Arsenal, but he hasn?t really repeated the same mistakes at Milan. All you can ask of a man is to learn from his mistakes, and Gazidis seems to have learned from his mistakes at Arsenal and early in his Milan tenure. I view him and Scaroni in all honesty as doing a wonderful job if they stay well clear of the football operations of the club. They need to focus on the financial side and Scaroni needs to focus on not having tens of thousands of euros stolen from his car like an ass hole.

Ultimately, Scaroni and Gazidis have overseen Milan?s current resurgence. They put Maldini in charge after that rat fuck Leonardo quit AND they seem to be allowing Maldini, Massara, and Moncada to run the football side. Maldini is the type of guy that would say to the press if there were issues, but he has been very complimentary of Gazidis and speaks positively of their working relationship.

If Scaroni and Gazidis manage to build a world class stadium, as they appear to be in the process of doing, then they will have accomplished everything anyone could have hoped for in a very short time. I?ve been hyper critical of both, but things have been moving in a positive direction since Giampaolo was sent back from whatever hole he crawled out of and these guys deserve credit.

:thumbsup:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Giampaolo's system was the sacrifice Gazidis needed to make.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
having Ibra and Kjaer on is more of a testament to Maldini's insistence rather than baldie willing to compromise.

His social media improvements and viral marketing\ sponsorships have been quite nice, tho.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
That was Leo/Maldini's choice, not his

He is Maldini's boss, he let it happen to sacrifice the system to the Milan gods, so that Padre Stefano could be reborn. Accept it.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan CEO Ivan Gazidis admitted the Rossoneri don’t follow the ‘basic mantra of spending more and more’, said Zlatan Ibrahimovic ‘is a force of nature’ and warned about the dangers of believing the Diavolo have ‘cracked the code’.

The Rossoneri are first in Serie A ahead of tonight’s matches and coach Stefano Pioli has managed to turn things around at Milanello.

Gazidis said the Diavolo ‘are trying to build a new sports model’ and won’t follow ‘the basic mantra in football’.

“We are truing to build a new sports model and we knew we would make mistakes,” Gazidis told The Associated Press.

“We wanted to make the club more efficient financially while increasing the performances on the field which everybody says basically can’t be done.

“The basic mantra in football is you have to spend more money if you’re going to be successful. Every day, people are vilified and attacked if they’re not spending more and more.

“There are some winners in that environment and there are many, many losers. I just don’t think that’s healthy for football.

“I would rather much see a stable, self-sustaining environment for the game where the competition on the field is every bit as ferocious and as exciting and more and more exciting than it’s ever been.

“But we don’t have the same kind of destructive pressure to spend, spend, spend, that seems to be such a relentless and ultimately futile demand.”

Gazidis also spoke about how impressed he is with the stylish people at Milan and then on how the club has managed to turn things around.

“It’s ludicrous. You’re totally outmatched, especially with the Milan legends. They’re just so good looking and stylish,” Gazidis told The Associated Press.

“There’s a style to this team and the city. Although, the club has been going through a tough time in recent years… this club resonates, and it just needs a little bit of love and care.

“It’s dangerous to think you’ve cracked the code – we certainly haven’t. We’re in a good moment now, but there will be difficult moments.”

Gazidis said the coronavirus pandemic ‘knocked football very hard’ as the club had to look for new ways of bringing in revenues with the stadiums closed.

“It’s obviously knocked football very hard. I dread to think what the crisis would have meant for football had it struck before financial fair play.

“So, I think, the impact has not been as dramatic as it could have been, but it’s dramatic.”’

The CEO continued to praise the young side, who face Lazio at San Siro tonight, but he claimed Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s impact after his return to Milan could be ‘one of his biggest accomplishments in his career’.

“We are seeing young players with personality, with energy, with commitment and with character driving the team forward,” Gazidis said.

“Zlatan is a force of nature. It can be one of his biggest accomplishments in his career. I think he’s approached it with incredible passion and seriousness

Im kinda starting to like this guy.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
stfu and spend money u bald bastard

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
?We are truing to build a new sports model and we knew we would make mistakes,? Gazidis told The Associated Press.

?We wanted to make the club more efficient financially while increasing the performances on the field which everybody says basically can?t be done.

the Red Bull corporation has done it before you, friend

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan CEO Ivan Gazidis risks losing his job at the Rossoneri due to his role in the Super League, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

The newspaper claims the Diavolo director’s comments on the Super league issue and his excessive involvement could lead to his dismissal.

Gazidis said the Super League would ‘provide support to the entire football pyramid’ in an explanation to Milan’s sponsors, after having announced the club joined the 12 founding teams of the breakaway competition.

Since then, everything has collapsed, but Real Madrid President Florentino Perez insisted Milan were one of the clubs who had not pulled out of the Super League last night.

Il Corriere dello Sport reports Gazidis risks losing his position as CEO of Milan, due to his role in the breakaway project.

Plot twist

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Can't say I would be too crushed to see Gazidis leave. Haven't seen that much from him to be honest.

Sometimes better the diavolo you know though.. really depends who replaces him and how that replacement gets on with Paolo and the rest of the management team.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Honestly and realistic, Gandini is the man for the job.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Umberto was truly the best, but im not sure if he is made for this type of Milan.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Get this cunt out of our club.