Official: Massimiliano Allegri Thread

Will Allegri make it till Christmas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
+1 With no Ibra and Pato available, Max should have started with Maxi. Probably he didn't have enough confidence in him but still bad call. Good it ended well. Hope to see Maxi starting the next game.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Why it took allegri 60+ mins to figure out milan cannot play without a striker is just amazing.. Thank God that he did make that sub in the end, and that by then udinese werent 4 or 5 nil up (which they deserved). Hope he doesnt make the same mistake in next 2 league matches

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Don't think that's going to stop them, all he did was make a sub that he shouldn't have had to make in the first place. Maxi should have started.

:thumbsup:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't really think the game changed - Udinese just got out of Milan's way twice.

if he stayed with robinho and stephan, Milan would have never won even if udinese did switch off.

having an extra man in attack made it possible to score.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if he stayed with robinho and stephan, Milan would have never won even if udinese did switch off.

having an extra man in attack made it possible to score.

I refuse to give a coach credit for throwing an extra forward on when in need of a goal. What I will say is that Nocerino was the right player to take off.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Saturday February 11 2012 Allegri hails Milan spirit

Massimiliano Allegri feels Milan’s “spirit made the difference” as they fought back from a goal down to earn an impressive victory in Udine.

I think the team put in a good performance,” said the Coach after their 2-1 win at the Stadio Friuli.

We started well, but were penalised by Udinese’s first scoring opportunity. In the second half we were more courageous, confident and shook off the tension.

We had been worried considering recent results, but knew we had to do well against Udinese. Our spirit made the difference and we attacked particularly well towards the end.”

This was the first Milan game without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who begins his three-match ban, but Maxi Lopez came off the bench to score one and set up another for Stephan El Shaarawy.

Of course Ibra’s absence is sorely felt, though today we had players with different characteristics,” explained Allegri.

Maxi Lopez gave us depth and did very well today. I don’t know if the result is crucial, but it is certainly important. For now we are top of the table and must await Ladri.”

The Rossoneri are temporarily the Serie A leaders, but Juve have two games in hand, as their trips to Parma and Bologna were snowed off.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I refuse to give a coach credit for throwing an extra forward on when in need of a goal. What I will say is that Nocerino was the right player to take off.

well the bolded point doesn't matter, it did change the game even though he should have started maxi in the first place.

agreed on nocerino, I just hope he learns his lesson and never plays seedorf at AM.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Where are the Allegri haters now? :o

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
His subs has nothing to do with it. (edit: of course lopez changed the game, but when it comes to Allegri's part of the win its his timing and leading ability, not the actual sub)

The channel I was looking at the game on, seemed to had microphones close to Allegri, you could hear (and see) him throughout the second half screaming the team on. Giving directions. The guy wasn't quiet for 2 minutes.

Even if we don't always see it, great coach's can turn a game with some minor tweaks. Some of you (brittish) members overrate your coaching knowledge.

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some of you (brittish) members overrate your coaching knowledge.

:D

Hi.

Of course minor adjustments are important, but they're no substitute for getting the big ones right.

And bad coaches shout too. Sometimes more.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
His subs has nothing to do with it. (edit: of course lopez changed the game, but when it comes to Allegri's part of the win its his timing and leading ability, not the actual sub)

The channel I was looking at the game on, seemed to had microphones close to Allegri, you could hear (and see) him throughout the second half screaming the team on. Giving directions. The guy wasn't quiet for 2 minutes.

Even if we don't always see it, great coach's can turn a game with some minor tweaks. Some of you (brittish) members overrate your coaching knowledge.

This was really pleasing to see, he seemed quieter in previous games but many of what he was saying did help. Actually did what he gets paid for, incredible.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I give credit to Allegri for the way Milan performed in the entire second half even before the Maxi Lopez sub was made. You could see they were far more determined to get something out of the game. He made some minor tweaks and kept forcing Domizzi out of position for Abate to run freely at Udinese. Which was quite brilliant. He was able to take advantage of a 3 man defense that every one said is Milan's weak spot. Maxi Lopez sub was well timed. I would have been sorely tempted to take Seedorf out and put SES as treq but taking Nocerino out was a good move.

And yup. Shouting that actually helps. Constantly giving instructions from the side and we didnt do much wrong in second half.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Again no complaining about the coach Allegri.

He did his job, and players finally stepped up when they had and we won.

And to people complaining about Maxi not starting, how do you know that we would score sooner if he was on? As a matter of fact I think the reason he could be so decisive was because we started with no target man an and then injected a fresh one so their defense could do nothing about him. I'm sure the plan was to not concede till 60' and then subbing Maxi in for the winner, but I'm happy even after conceding the goal we were able to get the job done.

This guy is underrated, he does have balls and have the brains to make them work properly. Some of our players have been pussies this season but hopefully that period is behind us.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
No they are still around. And people use the word hater a bit too much these days

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
No they are still around. And people use the word hater a bit too much these days

Because that's the proper word to describe them haters :D

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Because that's the proper word to describe them haters :D

Or because the people who use the word have a limited vocabulary

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i have some suggestions that may be helpful??

instead of hater, how about: misanthrope? or clitface? or doubting-thomas?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The channel I was looking at the game on, seemed to had microphones close to Allegri, you could hear (and see) him throughout the second half screaming the team on. Giving directions. The guy wasn't quiet for 2 minutes..

yup. Coaching in match isn't just subs.

in terms of adjusting tactics he does so much more than leo or carlo.

You can see very clear plans often, where we start out laying back, and just playing for outlet pass to zlatan, to pressing heavy, to my personal favorite, noce#9 tactics.

Personaly, I find it more useful than subbing sometimes. Yes, if you have clear options to change a match than go to it. Thinking 'ambrosini on for seedorf' is your match changer... not somuch

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
:D

Hi.

Of course minor adjustments are important, but they're no substitute for getting the big ones right.

And bad coaches shout too. Sometimes more.

What seems like minor adjustments to you and I, can be a really big one's.

About the shouting, yeah, many coaches shout. But it isn't the shouting I'm talking about really. It's the way he was giving directions and he stayed consistent with it throughout the second half.

He really took control over the game IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.