RW: Cerci, Douglas Costa, or Lavezzi

Cerci vs Douglas Costa vs Lavezzi for RW

• Total voters

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Who do you guys want if its between these 3???

Cerci had an outstanding season last year, double digits in both goals and assists....serie a proven, and would make our attacking trident Italian. He will probably track back more than the other two.
cerci.jpg

Douglas Costa i dont know as much about, but he is only 23 years old. When I have seen him play in the CL he has always stood out, but his stats are far from impressive. That being said, even Willian from Chelsea's stats arent impressive and he played great when he played. So stats dont mean everything.
194834__max_news.jpg

Lavezzi is probably the most "world-class" out of the 3 but of course he is almost 30 years old. He is also Serie A proven, he was amazing for Napoli. For PSG he is getting less playing time, but that seems normal as there will always be rotation. If they let him go for less than 20m could be a good option. Also had a pretty good world cup. Also is right footed so that different from other two.
Lavezzi.jpg

markovic

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If Mario and El Shaarawy are staying definetely Cerci... Douglas Costa is as unreal as Iturbe

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
can I pick Lamela?

we have yet to have a concrete link to him i guess.....not really sure if we have as much of a chance as these 3.

galliani will probably surprise us anyways, with like schelotto

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would be happy with all of them, nevertheless Cerci is the one I consider the one with less risks: Seria A proven, came from two very good seasons in a row and is - supposingly - exactley what Inzaghi is looking for.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All are realistic and all are real targets. Cerci is the n1 as of now, Pippo wants him.
Im of the same opinion - Cerci for me.

Cerci and Lavezzi give you more certainties than Costa, you know what to expect... Costa never played in Serie A, would he adapt? Someone here also said he isn't very consistent. He seems very talented from the little I've seen in CL and YT tho :D

I'd also add Nani, since he was linked to us. FUCK NO to him tho.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
All are realistic and all are real targets. Cerci is the n1 as of now, Pippo wants him.
Im of the same opinion - Cerci for me.

Cerci and Lavezzi give you more certainties than Costa, you know what to expect... Costa never played in Serie A, would he adapt? Someone here also said he isn't very consistent. He seems very talented from the little I've seen in CL and YT tho :D

I'd also add Nani, since he was linked to us. FUCK NO to him tho.

i honestly prefer menez starting over nani

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Lamela for me too, guess costa out of the three

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Nani and Taarabt are more realistic

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
So there are 26 millions of euros rumours including AS Roma on Douglas Costa.

What are the rumours on Cerci?

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
So there are 26 millions of euros rumours including AS Roma on Douglas Costa.

What are the rumours on Cerci?

I honestly think the cerci rumors are the most concrete.

torino want 18m for him.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cerci would be a very good buy. At least considering the standards milan has these days anyway.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Why exactly right winger, if we already have menez, niang and optional honda?

SES is alone on left wing...although menez can play there as well.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
lavezzi or cerci please.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
its gonna be whoever is cheaper starting to seem like....

first iturbe....doesnt happen

then reports inzaghi really wants cerci.....

now reports that costa can go on loan with option to buy....even if not the best option, its the CHEAPEST!!! Lets go for it! :fp:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
its gonna be whoever is cheaper starting to seem like....

first iturbe....doesnt happen

then reports inzaghi really wants cerci.....

now reports that costa can go on loan with option to buy....even if not the best option, its the CHEAPEST!!! Lets go for it! :fp:

:lol:
he's not the cheapest and if it wasn't for the situation in Donetsk we wouldn't even afford to dream about him

Cerci is a good serie a proven player of good age, he's in top form and just entering his prime; anything >=15-17m is an ok price for him, 20m is too much for him (and for us)

Lavezzi is a great player, also serie a proven but he's 30 and you can't know for how much he can keep playing at this level, not worth investing 10m+ in

Costa is a good pacy&tricky winger /w great passing - perfect combo for serie a, he's also the youngest of them all, he might not yet be at Cerci's or Lavezzi's level but he's close and he's got enough time and potential to surpass both + he's the only one with resale value (potentially 2x+ of what we'd pay for him), anything 15-18m is ok

Last edited:

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
:lol:
he's not the cheapest and if it wasn't for the situation in Donetsk we wouldn't even afford to dream about him

Cerci is a good serie a proven player of good age, he's in top form and just entering his prime; anything >=15-17m is an ok price for him, 20m is too much for him (and for us)

Lavezzi is a great player, also serie a proven but he's 30 and you can't know for how much he can keep playing at this level, not worth investing 10m+ in

Costa is a good pacy&tricky winger /w great passing - perfect combo for serie a, he's also the youngest of them all, he might not yet be at Cerci's or Lavezzi's level but he's close and he's got enough time and potential to surpass both + he's the only one with resale value (potentially 2x+ of what we'd pay for him), anything 15-18m is ok

if we signed cerci we would pay 18m......if we sign douglas costa we pay just his wages for the loan, and money comes later. in galliani's eyes thats cheaper

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
if we signed cerci we would pay 18m......if we sign douglas costa we pay just his wages for the loan, and money comes later. in galliani's eyes thats cheaper

Will Costa be able to afford the transfer fee after the loan has concluded?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
None of them

but Douglas Costa if we can get him for 10m or less.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ive only seen douglas costa 2 times. ive been told hes all about pace and skill, like a young robinho. i like cerci more he has pace, strength, good in the air and very direct all of the time. + italian and probably cheaper.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
In terms of current quality, Lavezzi > Cerci > Costa
In terms of potential improvement, Costa > Cerci > Lavezzi
In terms of long term financial prudence as an investment, Costa > Cerci > Lavezzi

I fear Lavezzi may lose his pace (which is the most important attribute to his game) very quickly from now on, given his age. I fear Cerci as with any winger/supporting striker having his breakout season at 27 years of age may well purely be down to form. Also, Cerci as a winger was not as effective as Cerci as a supporting striker. I would be cautious about spending a lot on him before pushing him back to a winger position where he was good but by no means special at age 26. It is by this process of elimination that I've arrived at my preference for Costa over Lavezzi and Cerci.

In terms of my personal preference, Costa > Cerci > Lavezzi.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
The long haired Italian ples.

Has anyone even seen Douglas Costa play?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In terms of current quality, Lavezzi > Cerci > Costa
In terms of potential improvement, Costa > Cerci > Lavezzi
In terms of long term financial prudence as an investment, Costa > Cerci > Lavezzi

I fear Lavezzi may lose his pace (which is the most important attribute to his game) very quickly from now on, given his age. I fear Cerci as with any winger/supporting striker having his breakout season at 27 years of age may well purely be down to form. Also, Cerci as a winger was not as effective as Cerci as a supporting striker. I would be cautious about spending a lot on him before pushing him back to a winger position where he was good but by no means special at age 26. It is by this process of elimination that I've arrived at my preference for Costa over Lavezzi and Cerci.

In terms of my personal preference, Costa > Cerci > Lavezzi.

:thumbsup:

Schedule