Week 25: Chievo Verona 0-0 AC Milan - 28/02/2015 20:45 CET

Night Prowler

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
We won the game in my first match thread, hope we continue the streak :D

Swap Abbiati with Lopez, and Bonera with Abate if he's available, otherwise make no changes please, consistency is key.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
sack pippo
fuck u gianni vio
rami start

3 pts plz
6-0
agazi hattrick cerci x2 rami x1

4za

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score

Swap Abbiati with Lopez, and Bonera with Abate if he's available, otherwise make no changes please, consistency is key.

monto out. bonaventura in mid

honda cam.

/story

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
are you fucking guys ok?

you SERIOUSLY want montolivo out there next match?

you feel that way in your mind and your heart? reeeeally?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Montolivo played fine.

Why change something that worked?

People on here confuse me. We play our best game since Christmas and people react as if we lost 3-0.

Gianni Vio shit? Perhaps, but we scored a legitimate Poli goal from a set-piece and won a penalty from another. He doesn't do anything to help our defensive set-piece problems.

Play the same team as last game.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
are you fucking guys ok?

you SERIOUSLY want montolivo out there next match?

you feel that way in your mind and your heart? reeeeally?

For me there are four reasons:

1) Its not really Monto or Bona, its Bona or Poli if Honda plays TQ. At least that is what I got throughout the season and from the press conference about the 4-3-1-2.

2) That makes sense to me cause a midfield of Bona-DeJong-Poli does not look completely horrible but is certainly unbalanced. Monto over Essien, Van Ginkel and Muntari is a given for me.

3) Monto wasn?t good this season but he won?t get better without rhythm, a string of games is what led Poli to play decent to good. Monto is probably overrated but still good enough to be vital for us, given the lack of good mids we suffer from.

4) Consistency. Sub Honda in and Monto off (which should be beneficial for both too, ?cause they still suffer fitness wise as it seems) but let the team find a rhythm, that is more important than to go nuts over playing the best or second best player at a position.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
0-8

montolivo x4, poli x2 destro x2

forza milan

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I can't see there being any changes apart from maybe Destro.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
as long as muntari and essein aren't in the midfield i think im fine with monty

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Montolivo played fine.

Why change something that worked?

People on here confuse me. We play our best game since Christmas and people react as if we lost 3-0.

Gianni Vio shit? Perhaps, but we scored a legitimate Poli goal from a set-piece and won a penalty from another. He doesn't do anything to help our defensive set-piece problems.

Play the same team as last game.

It wasn't the best game, it just was the same game like we always do, we won just because Cesena was shit, like when we won vs Parma too.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
1-2 this time, first goal - Destro with head, second goal - Chievo's own goal.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

This, hopefully Pippo is done learning and experimenting. We need consistency and we might just have found the group of players that can provide it.

Hopefully he figured out how substitutions impact the game also, otherwise we might be fucked by Chievo who will most likely go all in against us.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
1-0

Menez, Bonaventura assist

ACMagnifico

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu Zambrotta Dida Nesta Pirlo Maldini Pato Robinho Menez Gattuso Ibra Balo Abate
1-3 cerci, honda, rami

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This, hopefully Pippo is done learning and experimenting. We need consistency and we might just have found the group of players that can provide it.

Hopefully he figured out how substitutions impact the game also, otherwise we might be fucked by Chievo who will most likely go all in against us.

"Hopefully"? There's no hope with Pippo.

Normally I'd agree about hoping for continuity and finding a first XI..but this 11? De Jong will (hopefully) not be here next season. You don't build a team with Menez. Those would, whether we like it or not, have the most influence on the mid and attack.
There's a big chance Destro won't be here next season either.

We'll probably start from scratch again next season, just like we did this season..and last season..and the season before that.

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Menez out, Honda in

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It wasn't the best game, it just was the same game like we always do, we won just because Cesena was shit, like when we won vs Parma too.

while I agree with you that Cesena were just bad like Parma, I really think there was a difference in our performance particularly the first 25-35 minutes of the first half.

Maybe second half our concentrations dropped and we returned to be the average team we were, but the first half was very good. Attitude wise, character wise, workload wise at least. Maybe not efficient, but that'll come if we keep up that sort of performance.

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I really think there was a difference in our performance particularly the first 25-35 minutes of the first half.

Maybe second half our concentrations dropped and we returned to be the average team we were, but the first half was very good.

There was no marked difference in the way we played in the 1st half from other matches. We weren't playing Juve or Roma. It was Cesena. Still we scored just one goal and nearly conceded towards the end of the 1st half as well.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There was no marked difference in the way we played in the 1st half from other matches. We weren't playing Juve or Roma. It was Cesena. Still we scored just one goal and nearly conceded towards the end of the 1st half as well.

True that we nearly conceded, and true that it was only Cesena.

False when you say there was no difference in the way we played. You can't only just look at the final result and the number of chances and conclude whether it was a good game or not. The attitude of the players was 180 degrees different than any game they've played in 2015. That's the right way forward. It is irrelevant right now whether our opponent was Cesena or Juve, right now our worst enemy is ourselves. Once we figure out the right mentality, then we can grow.

There's no doubt that that our first half's attitude was different and a huge improvement. Now we have to build on that.

Like you, I'm very disappointed that Honda wasn't included, hopefully he was just giving him a rest after a very long January/Feb for him. I dream of seeing him centrally positioned behind the trio of Menez, Destro and Cerci.

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
True that we nearly conceded, and true that it was only Cesena.

False when you say there was no difference in the way we played. You can't only just look at the final result and the number of chances and conclude whether it was a good game or not. The attitude of the players was 180 degrees different than any game they've played in 2015. That's the right way forward. It is irrelevant right now whether our opponent was Cesena or Juve, right now our worst enemy is ourselves. Once we figure out the right mentality, then we can grow.

There's no doubt that that our first half's attitude was different and a huge improvement. Now we have to build on that.

Like you, I'm very disappointed that Honda wasn't included, hopefully he was just giving him a rest after a very long January/Feb for him. I dream of seeing him centrally positioned behind the trio of Menez, Destro and Cerci.

I repeat we have had a similar pattern of the play like that a number of times before, that is, we start very well and play good game for the first 20 or 30 minutes and only to fade away with intesity dropping, or start playing defensively instead of pushing for more goals,and end up conceding a goal. I said there was no "marked" difference.

I did not mention anything about Honda. I don't know why you brought it up. But, since you have, I say that it might very well be a managerial issue. Due to the team not getting results in 2015 and recent problems such as Monto being jeered by crowds and reported rumours of Cerci and then Menez, throwing tantrums, the team desperately need much improvement. The players needed to display commitment, desire and intensity to work towards winning a match, and by so doing to gain confidence. It was against Cesena, a relegation team. So, Honda was probably not needed. I even wonder if Pippo's ideas of the tasks for a playmaker/#10 and that for Honda's are all that in sync.

Last edited:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
at the moment, i'm kind of the mindset that i expect a loss at our next game, despite the opponent.

:mb:

then if we tie or win, it's a pleasant surprise.

:c:

Night Prowler

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
Rami has sustained an injury to his right calf muscle. He will be examined again next week.

For fuck's sake.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
fucking hell rami of all people, only player with heart

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Milan Channel: Paletta could be available on the bench against Chievo Verona. [Milan Channel]

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
SKY: Inzaghi is insisting on playing the 4-3-1-2 with Destro and Menez in attack.

Schedule