The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 23-01-2018, 11:48   #461
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Talking about shooting....even bonaventura's sooting seems to have improved lately....

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 11:57   #462
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Joyrider with the shit posting
who was kante at 21 eh qaas? Pogbas a playmaker cant compare

Kessie> PL mids
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 13:59   #463
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
He is far too technical on the ball compared to gattuso though?
He has a little more technique than Gattuso indeed, but Seedorf was superb technically. Seedorf had superb ball control, could take set pieces, shoot from distance, great range of passing and vision and played the most attacking role in our midfield 3 usually.

What Kessie has in common with Seedorf is that great ball control, and although he doesn't always show it, a good range of passing and passing technique. I don't think Kessie has the shooting tecnhique or set piece technique that Seedorf had or the vision.

So when I compared him to Gattuso, I mean't his role in the midfield. Gattuso was the one who stayed a little deeper and helped build play and would arrive late in the box when going forward, while Seedorf would be higher up trying to link midfield to attack, and I see Kessie being more suited to that Gattuso style role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaiN View Post
Dont think so. Gattuso couldnt hit shit with shoot, his passing was bad apart from short passes etc. Rhino was better in defence. Hes closer to dorf but has a lot to prove.

Anyway hes 21 only, his potential is big. So far he has had some good games, some bad but u can see he s developing nicely.
Yea Kessie is better at shooting, but that is not hard compared to Gattuso who was very poor at shooting. Gattuso IMO was a very underrated passer and I haven't really seen Kessie be very much above or below Gattuso in that regard. I do agree that Gattuso was better defensively as Gattuso was very very good in that respect.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 14:08   #464
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

I feel like Kessie is a young Naingolan in the making

Signature
Berlusconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 15:52   #465
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

Pffff, I saw Rino pull this off when I was at San Siro

I remember so fondly how he ran around the whole pitch

Signature

only italian music in locker room
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 16:36   #466
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlusconi View Post
I feel like Kessie is a young Naingolan in the making

I actually think Kessie showed more technical prowess than Nainggolan did earlier on at Cagliari.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 17:11   #467
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

Gattuso gets shit about his passing because he played next to Pirlo and Seedorf. His passing was never bad, just not creative.
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 17:26   #468
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Gattuso was a very decent passer, I see little to pick in that department between him and Kessie.

Kessie is genuinely more physical and can wriggle through to shoot far easier than Rino ever could. Therefore he ends up being a far more offensive midfielder than Gattuso. Gattuso on the other hand did a great job nipping around opponents and winning balls. Kessie is not that kinda player.

Basically they are rather different. I see Kessie more as a more modern version of Essien.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 17:31   #469
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaiN View Post
Dont think so. Gattuso couldnt hit shit with shoot, his passing was bad apart from short passes etc. Rhino was better in defence. Hes closer to dorf but has a lot to prove.

Anyway hes 21 only, his potential is big. So far he has had some good games, some bad but u can see he s developing nicely.
I remember some good passes from Gattuso, but more like intelligent ones than technically complex.
We don´t know how Gattuso would have developed in a classic DM spot though, he was´t bad when he played central towards the end of his career.

The good thing with Kessie is that he is still kind of useful when he isn´t in his best form.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 20:42   #470
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Has matured a lot under Rino

Signature
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 14:32   #471
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 16:28   #472
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

I love how powerful he looks on the ball, but a lot of his moves: running, stopping, shielding put a lot of stress on the knees (most of his steps fall flat footed which makes the knees take a lot of the impact) and he doesn't really know how to fall (he takes more contact than he should); add that he's a pretty stocky dude and the playing time he's getting / all the running he's doing and it can't be healthy in the long run

He's still young so it probably won't affect him for a while, but I feel like he should consider protecting himself more
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 18:47   #473
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
I love how powerful he looks on the ball, but a lot of his moves: running, stopping, shielding put a lot of stress on the knees (most of his steps fall flat footed which makes the knees take a lot of the impact) and he doesn't really know how to fall (he takes more contact than he should); add that he's a pretty stocky dude and the playing time he's getting / all the running he's doing and it can't be healthy in the long run

He's still young so it probably won't affect him for a while, but I feel like he should consider protecting himself more
Gattuso will fix that, he pretty much did the same with Dybala

I think his decision making needs to improve, there was a point in the game where he went on a nice run from the half but if he wouldve just one touch pass it forward Hakan wouldve been behind the defense.

Signature
Berlusconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:19   #474
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:09   #475
AC Kid
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

did this guy come with a charger? is he a robot? he needs a rest ffs

Signature

<3
AC Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 15:23   #476
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
He has a little more technique than Gattuso indeed, but Seedorf was superb technically. Seedorf had superb ball control, could take set pieces, shoot from distance, great range of passing and vision and played the most attacking role in our midfield 3 usually.

What Kessie has in common with Seedorf is that great ball control, and although he doesn't always show it, a good range of passing and passing technique. I don't think Kessie has the shooting tecnhique or set piece technique that Seedorf had or the vision.

So when I compared him to Gattuso, I mean't his role in the midfield. Gattuso was the one who stayed a little deeper and helped build play and would arrive late in the box when going forward, while Seedorf would be higher up trying to link midfield to attack, and I see Kessie being more suited to that Gattuso style role.

Yea Kessie is better at shooting, but that is not hard compared to Gattuso who was very poor at shooting. Gattuso IMO was a very underrated passer and I haven't really seen Kessie be very much above or below Gattuso in that regard. I do agree that Gattuso was better defensively as Gattuso was very very good in that respect.
Great analyisis

And yes Gattuso was a very underrated passer but in that team that is only going to happen. I also think he was very smart, he was always seemingly in the right positions and that is why he got so many good shooting attempts to gloriously fail at

In my opinion his intelligence and passion served his game greatly but when he got into those shooting positions that same passion caused him to over-expose his already limited shooting technique...(did beat Buffon that time though )
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 15:49   #477
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Dis is probably why Kessie cut his hair.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 23:10   #478
Zeusftw
#WeAreSoRich

Fav. Players: Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

kessie is rijkaard, plain and simple

Signature
Zeusftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:55   #479
joyrider
Il Moderati

On being the most used player in the league:

"I'm a bit tires, but not too much, I still feel good and have a lot more to give. I missed two games, but they weren't important. I used the opportunity to rest. If those were important games I'd be a bit angry."

On the two goals against Cagliari:

"I was very happy, I didn't score for many months. The goals arrived at the right moment and now I have to continue like this. I want to score 10 goals, that might seem like too much, but with good work I can achieve it."

On Kalinic (he assisted both goals):

"I get along very well with Nikola, just like with the rest of the team."

On his physical condition throughout the season:

"I started good, but then fell off a bit. That's normal though, now I have to continue to improve my condition."

On the next away games:

"I only think about Udinese right now. They are a good team and are close to us in the standings, we need to win to keep them distant."

Serie A or Europa League, what are you focusing on?:

"We don't have a specific goal, we still play in three competitions; League, Coppa Italia and Europa League."

On Gattuso's advices:

"He helps me a lot. He always tells me to works more and before the games he gives me some advices. But he doesn't like it when I walk on the pitch in training. When Gattuso says that I'm better than him I don't really think it's true. He was a big champion that has won it all, I on the other hand have won nothing and am still young. I still need to work a lot, Gattuso was way better than me."
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 21:53   #480
WILL2K
Magical Milan

Fav. Players: Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou . All Milan players are my fav .players..;-)

Knocked out someone's tooth..

https://www.football-italia.net/1177...lans-tooth-out

Signature

" I wasn't born Ronaldinho, but thanks to strong will I managed to touch the sky ... ".
Filippo Inzaghi
WILL2K is offline   Reply With Quote