The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 23-01-2018, 18:08   #221
joyrider
Il Moderati

The combination between him and jack is non existent.

A better lcm would do wonders.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 23:59   #222
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsonoqui View Post
runs a lot
nope
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:08   #223
joyrider
Il Moderati

His movement needs to improve to establish himself in the tactics of Rino
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:35   #224
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

he's so slow he reminds me Nigel de Jong

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
i wrote a song about a potato, can you please listen to it?

http://picosong.com/H84h/
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 18:36   #225
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Initiated the 1st goal by a nice cross to Suso

Gesendet von meinem BND-L21 mit Tapatalk
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 19:12   #226
dman32
Milan 4 Ever

Good game by him.... his passing is so good (short and long) and good at holding the ball
dman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 20:14   #227
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

Fraudcardo Fraudriguez

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 21:04   #228
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

theres no way in hell you claim to understand football and call him a fraud

If hes really intelligent the way Gattuso s saying he is then he will only get better with time,,
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 21:57   #229
IL Diavolo 3
Banned

Rodriguez lost every bit of confidence under montella plus the joke of physical preparations but make no mistake he’s one of the best transfers we have had. He’ll come good in time. I’m not even worried, you can’t turn into shit in a period of 3 months.

He’ll get better I have no doubt about it
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 21:57   #230
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
theres no way in hell you claim to understand football and call him a fraud

If hes really intelligent the way Gattuso s saying he is then he will only get better with time,,
I honestly see it the other way around: There's no way in hell anyone with even basic understanding of the sport would highly rate RR. He's extremely average at everything he does and is in no way at Milan's level.

He costed us the derby points, not a single assist or a goal in seria a (can't recall any at least), injury prone, nothing impressive offensively nor defensively, and way too slow for what is already considered a slow league. What is good about RR? I really don't see it.

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 21:58   #231
IL Diavolo 3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
The combination between him and jack is non existent.

A better lcm would do wonders.
Joyrider gets it so I don’t even wanna start talking about bona
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 22:09   #232
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

I have faith in him

Signature

Only Italian music in locker room
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 00:03   #233
Buske
World Cup Winner

I believe we are yet to see what this guy has to offer. He looked better with Borini being the runner guy who pulls away defenders so RR had enough space for a cross.

Now with Jack and Hakan on his side, who are also decent crossers, he just give them the ball as they are in more advanced positions up the field. That kinda took away from his crossing, but i have hope he will find a way to use his strengths
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 00:25   #234
milanator
World Cup Winner

He is solid, in my opinion he would really shine with a fast winger like Deulofeu in front of him.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:27   #235
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

Quote:
he's so slow he reminds me Nigel de Jong
nigel de jong at least knew how to tackle and win headers.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:31   #236
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
He is solid, in my opinion he would really shine with a fast winger like Deulofeu in front of him.
if crossing is his main asset then, having fast winger would deem him even more useless. if anything a better playmaker would suit him more. since hakan is improving slowly, hopefully they can build some chemistry.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:21   #237
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Bido92 View Post
I honestly see it the other way around: There's no way in hell anyone with even basic understanding of the sport would highly rate RR. He's extremely average at everything he does and is in no way at Milan's level.

He costed us the derby points, not a single assist or a goal in seria a (can't recall any at least), injury prone, nothing impressive offensively nor defensively, and way too slow for what is already considered a slow league. What is good about RR? I really don't see it.
I can totally see where you're coming from. I assume you have never seen him play before he came to Milan, so I can totally understand that one would think "oh well, if that's all he has then what was all the fuzz in summer for?"

Those who have seen him play on his usual standards before know what I am talking about when I say that he has a lot more to give to us. Montella has destroyed him as he destroyed confidence and fitness of the rest of the team. Remember when he just arrived? He was on fire in pre-season, assisting and scoring left and right. In Serie A he scored too (I think it actually was against SPAL after a fk). Remember in the first couple of months of this season when among a bunch of horribly playing lads he was one of those who still had a decent run? My hopes are that Gattuso will be able to soon get him on his usual levels.

So if your question is what RR is about I can first tell you what he's not about: He's not the fast-pace FB who runs down to the line to cross or score, he'll never be that. Offensively he's more a slightly aggregated playmaker, holding ball in the 2/3 line and looking for that early-cross or cut-through pass no one expects from a FB. He also is phenomenal at shifting the play from one side to another with his long-passes. I mean just look at our 1st goal, how it arrived (timemark, 0:30):

He can do much more than seen lately, where he seemed very timid for his usual standards and I think Gattuso is very well aware of that as he stressed it out many times in the past that he thinks RR can do more.

Defensively he usualy is very composed and calm. His strenghth are actually his very well timed tacklings. He rarely lets an attacker go because of his exceptional timing, which makes up for his lack of pace. I remember games when he had Messi or Di Maria in his pocket and speed wasn't even an issue. Sadly these days it's not the RR who is defensively so confident and almost flawless. Lazzari was on fire, true, but that shouldn't happen that he can overrun RR so easily. RR is also very good at holding the ball, you can see that he rarely looses a ball to the opponent, even when under pressure. Finally, even when you don't see him sprinting all the time, he's in almost every game of ours in the top 3 of km / game. He's not afraid of doind the dirty work. Very valuable asset.

Last edited by Alo88; 12-02-2018 at 10:00.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:33   #238
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

^^ gotta agree with this... he is a little slow but looked great in preseason.

Doesn't look good at all though. And has been playing really badly.

Having said that his second half vs SPAL was probably his best performance for us this season. And he's miles better than what came before him - antonelli, Antonini, DeS, Mesbah, Constant etc.

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 14:30   #239
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
I can totally see where you're coming from. I assume you have never seen him play before he came to Milan, so I can totally understand that one would think "oh well, if that's all he has then what was all the fuzz in summer for?"

Those who have seen him play on his usual standards before know what I am talking about when I say that he has a lot more to give to us. Montella has destroyed him as he destroyed confidence and fitness of the rest of the team. Remember when he just arrived? He was on fire in pre-season, assisting and scoring left and right. In Serie A he scored too (I think it actually was against SPAL after a fk). Remember in the first couple of months of this season when among a bunch of horribly playing lads he was one of those who still had a decent run? My hopes are that Gattuso will be able to soon get him on his usual levels.

So if your question is what RR is about I can first tell you what he's not about: He's not the fast-pace FB who runs down to the line to cross or score, he'll never be that. Offensively he's more a slightly aggregated playmaker, holding ball in the 2/3 line and looking for that early-cross or cut-through pass no one expects from a FB. He also is phenomenal at shifting the play from one side to another with his long-passes. I mean just look at our 1st goal, how it arrived (timemark, 0:30):

He can do much more than seen lately, where he seemed very timid for his usual standards and I think Gattuso is very well aware of that as he stressed it out many times in the past that he thinks RR can do more.

Defensively he usualy is very composed and calm. His strenghth are actually his very well timed tacklings. He rarely lets an attacker go because of his exceptional timing, which makes up for his lack of pace. I remember games when he had Messi or Di Maria in his pocket and speed wasn't even an issue. Sadly these days it's not the RR who is defensively so confident and almost flawless. Lazzari was on fire, true, but that shouldn't happen that he can overrun RR so easily. RR is also very good at holding the ball, you can see that he rarely looses a ball to the opponent, even when under pressure. Finally, even when you don't see him sprinting all the time, he's in almost every game of ours in the top 3 of km / game. He's not afraid of doind the dirty work. Very valuable asset.
good analysis, but i don't see him much valuable for an ambitious team

Signature
Quote:
i wrote a song about a potato, can you please listen to it?

http://picosong.com/H84h/
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 16:54   #240
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

The problem with RR is, as my friend from Germany rightly said, he plays well when the team is good. When the team goes down he'll go down. MAybe that can also be fixed.

He is a valuable player, has important technical dots and is a smart player in both ways. I expect more from him. Also he can help as a midfielder.

I feel Milan did not use him so far as we could.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
Bayern 5, L'pool 5, Barcelona 4, Man. United 3, Inter 3, JuBe 2... Chelsea, PSG, Man City were and will be small clubs compared to Il Diavolo. Forza Grande Milan!

FREE AC MILAN FROM FODDER
mrki is online now   Reply With Quote