'Its just not cricket' - Vieri

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
soccerage.com said:
Vieri: I Want To Be A Cricket Pro
11/14/2003. Christian Vieri said that he has always dreamed of being a cricket professional.

"I would stop playing football right now if I could earn as much money playing cricket as I do with Inter," he said.
"I went to the Maldives recently and played cricket for the whole holiday".

soccerage.com said:
Vieri Would Quit Football For Cricket
11/14/2003. Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri has revealed he'd stop playing football if he was offered the same contract to play cricket.

The Australian-born Italian claims to have been a bit of an all-rounder at the sport during his school days.

"I would have loved to have been a cricketer," the 30-year-old told the official Champions League magazine.

"I was telling a friend last week, I would stop playing now to play cricket if I could get the same contract. I was a bit of an all rounder at school."

Hehe.. looks like more trouble for Inter :D

You cant really expect anything less, being brought up in Australia..

Another thing i read about this statement (which came from the UEFA magazine) in the Sydney papers was he said our own Gennaro Gattuso is also a fan of Cricket after his stint with Rangers in Scotland..

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Cricket is a great game, but most of you wouldnt have a clue what we are talking about. England is the only European nation that plays, unless you count Scotland but they so bad they cant be considered yet/

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Rivaldo-11 said:
Cricket is a great game, but most of you wouldnt have a clue what we are talking about. England is the only European nation that plays, unless you count Scotland but they so bad they cant be considered yet/

Do you count scotland's football team? :D

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
From previous games of Inter, Vieri expressed his unhappiness many times.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
juninho-paulista said:
soccerage.com said:
Vieri: I Want To Be A Cricket Pro
11/14/2003. Christian Vieri said that he has always dreamed of being a cricket professional.

"I would stop playing football right now if I could earn as much money playing cricket as I do with Inter," he said.
"I went to the Maldives recently and played cricket for the whole holiday".

soccerage.com said:
Vieri Would Quit Football For Cricket
11/14/2003. Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri has revealed he'd stop playing football if he was offered the same contract to play cricket.

The Australian-born Italian claims to have been a bit of an all-rounder at the sport during his school days.

"I would have loved to have been a cricketer," the 30-year-old told the official Champions League magazine.

"I was telling a friend last week, I would stop playing now to play cricket if I could get the same contract. I was a bit of an all rounder at school."

Hehe.. looks like more trouble for Inter :D

.. You cant really expect anything less, being brought up in Australia

Another thing i read about this statement (which came from the UEFA magazine) in the Sydney papers was he said our own Gennaro Gattuso is also a fan of Cricket after his stint with Rangers in Scotland..

He IS Australian. Cricket - Australia > World.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
I doubt Vieri can fit in Aussie team.What about "Cricket Azzurri"???

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo-11 said:

Holland too. They play in the World Cup, im not sure if they have played tests yet.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
well, i'm from england and i still find cricket a complete waste of time :rolleyes: i think it's sad that aussies have nothing better to boast of than a good cricket team :tongue: :D

and by the way, we're gonna roast you on saturday!!! :devilfir:

EEEEEEEEEEEEENNNGGGGLLLAAAAAANDDDD!!! :blackeye:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rugby...... urghhh.......... for the last month or two thats all ive heard about, and that compounds the fact ive been at an elitist rugby dominated school for the last six years.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And i hope the English beat the wallabies.. that would shut them the hell up. I woke up this morning to find headlines like "Magic Wallabies" etc. on the Sunday papers.. i wish i lived in Siberia.. :rolleyes:

btw Scharatz, i prefered your previous signature ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whoever said it's a complete waste of time.... I agree ! :D Even watching paint dry is probably more exciting... :tongue:

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think it's a shame that one of the best football players in the world comes out and says the only reason he's playing it is for the money. That is absolutely pathetic. No football fan should want to hear such a thing from someone considered to be a top footballer. A true shame to the sport.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
juninho-paulista said:
Rivaldo-11 said:

Holland too. They play in the World Cup, im not sure if they have played tests yet.
Yeah we rock! ;) :tongue: :D

Cricket? Isn't that the game that looks like baseball? Or hockey? or..?

DIAVOLETTA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta , Sheva, Pippo , Kaka, Maldini...... to put this shorter, all Milan players
ferruginouz said:
Seems that every player who play for inter slowly become silly.... :tongue:

I agree with you completely, So Vieri would like to play cricket. What about Materezzi playing rugby. He is tall and a little skiny but according to his fouls he could be the number one in rugby. :D What do you think??

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Inter players become silly if they play too long for this rubbish club...
its not news that Vieri is not the happiest with Inter, he should think about to change the team and not the sport... he only said because hes frustrated, no success with Inter, and sometimes, if u do a thing all day, everyday, always training, u get bored or frustrated, if the hard work dont pay out!!!!!!!

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Whoever said it's a complete waste of time.... I agree ! :D Even watching paint dry is probably more exciting... :tongue:

Only the test form of cricket (5-day match) is that boring...

The one-dayers (day-nighters) actually are quite interesting to watch because the pace of the game is much faster and you get more reckless batting.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
I doubt Vieri can fit in Aussie team.What about "Cricket Azzurri"???

no.. he cant, i cant believe u tihnk he woukld even get look in.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
juninho-paulista said:
Rivaldo-11 said:

No. Holland dont play test.

Test Nations.

Australia
New Zealand
England
India
Pakistan
Zimbawe
Bangladesh
South Afirca
Sir Lanka
West Indies

i feel like ive missed one :(

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz said:
well, i'm from england and i still find cricket a complete waste of time :rolleyes: i think it's sad that aussies have nothing better to boast of than a good cricket team :tongue: :D

and by the way, we're gonna roast you on saturday!!! :devilfir:

EEEEEEEEEEEEENNNGGGGLLLAAAAAANDDDD!!! :blackeye:

Hey dickhead -

Australia 3 Enlgand 1
football

:)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
juninho-paulista said:
Passion for *9* said:

Only the test form of cricket (5-day match) is that boring...

The one-dayers (day-nighters) actually are quite interesting to watch because the pace of the game is much faster and you get more reckless batting.

Test Match cricket is far better than One Day crciket. I enjoy both.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melbourne said:
juninho-paulista said:
Rivaldo-11 said:

No. Holland dont play test.

Test Nations.

Australia
New Zealand
England
India
Pakistan
Zimbawe
Bangladesh
South Afirca
Sir Lanka
West Indies

i feel like ive missed one :(

Nope, youve got them all ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Hey dickhead -

Australia 3 Enlgand 1
football

hey mate -

next time you call me or anyone else a dickhead you're gonna be banned
got that?

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
whats this game about? do they sometimes play all night long or all day long for only one match, i dont even know how they count the points and all that, Australia has good cricket and rugby team all i know...

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MookyRookie said:
whats this game about? do they sometimes play all night long or all day long for only one match, i dont even know how they count the points and all that, Australia has good cricket and rugby team all i know...

Cricket is two forms:

1) Test Matches - all the players wear white and they play for 5 days maxiumum, (match length depends on the quality of the teams).
The team that bats first has to score as many runs as they can, and if they get enough and bowl well, they can beat the other team without batting twice (while the other team bats twice) - i.e. the team that bats first has to get more than the other team gets in two innings (innings = batting session)

2) One dayers - these are played in two ways, as "dayers" or "day-nighters".. dayers are simply played during the day and both team bats and bowls just once.. day-nighters are the same but are started later in the day and are played into the evening, finishing around 10pm-ish.

gee... Cricket is really hard to explain.. maybe if your bored you can visit cricket.org, that'll explain the basics of the sport better than i can. :cool:

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
id love to see vieri play cricket... im sure australia would give him a run
or maybe we can move the australia A team to italy and add vieri and gattuso for the italian team

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I never could understand what Cricket is about :head:
I guess I'll have to go back to school and have a course on Cricket :D

BTW I think gardening is more interesting than cricket....Maybe Bobo should retire and start planting flowers ;)

Reaction score
One day Cricket is great fun to watch, but I find the Tests to be really boring since we (Australia) seem to win in three days all the time.

And Cricket at Adelaide Oval is very, very cool.

Reaction score
Wow, there's a few Australians in this forum :)

There's a couple over at Juventuz too, but i've only been here for 20 minutes and it's pleasant to see a few Aussies watching the right type of football (not so sure about the team though :p)

One day matches are pretty fun to watch, but test matches are so damn boring, because the batsmen just wait for perfect balls, and nothing else :o :(

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AUSRossoneri said:
One day Cricket is great fun to watch, but I find the Tests to be really boring since we (Australia) seem to win in three days all the time.

And Cricket at Adelaide Oval is very, very cool.

So is Bradman oval.. right near my house :cool:

Schedule