Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So did you just confirm that De Sciglio is better than Abate? :lol:

Uhmmmm no. If Abate was at PSG, Gignac would be scoring like crazy in each clasico courtesy of Abate's trademark assists.

I'm saying Cafu was WC, Oddo and Zambro are both VERY good on their days and also technically sound, that is why there was never room for Abate, plus he didn't develop quite as fast. I am saying the RIGHT NOW, the difference between Abate and De Sciglio isn't that great which is why De Sciglio is quickly promoted into the first team.

I agree with you man, De Sciglio is more talented. BUT, presently Abate is still better defensively although many people write him off.

shao

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Gattuso, Shevchenko, SuperPippo,Kaka.....
what's the problem with having botch Des and abate?

i'm a big abate fan, but Des is the present and future. but we're likely to see rotation between the two of them this and probably next season as well. that's good, let the kid grow in peace. it would be utterly stupid to sell abate.

No problem. Some lunatics just can't perceive.:fp:

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
But against Juve when De Sciglio was excellent we didn't need experience? And against Inter is Abate's experience any good? Or earlier this season vs Lazio?

you still go with experience!. especially in games that are must wins.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
could have decided 4 considering his stupid send off incident with pandev. :fp:

A footballer who doesn't roll on the floor and decides to get up = stupidity? I'd blame the ref in that one.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
It's easier in hindsight to blame Allegri for not starting Abate given the result; however, Abate is important to this Milan team. This was a match where perhaps he would've been much more suited to given the manner in which Roma play.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A footballer who doesn't roll on the floor and decides to get up = stupidity? I'd blame the ref in that one.

He should have constrained himself there. What do you think pandev was trying to do back then? He got exactly what he wanted and abate fell for it.

Till abate has the wages he has i think its great having both him and sciglio. Both are milan youth products 2.:thumbsup: Abate is solid enough and its not like he is old. He can still improve for all we know.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
He should have constrained himself there. What do you think pandev was trying to do back then? He got exactly what he wanted and abate fell for it.

Till abate has the wages he has i think its great having both him and sciglio. Both are milan youth products 2.:thumbsup: Abate is solid enough and its not like he is old. He can still improve for all we know.

He was pretty constrained. He just shot up and merdatard Pnadev:-)puke: )got into his face. Only way to get away from it would have been rolling on the field or running away.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
IIRC he started flailing his arms around slightly, pushed pandev an all...... The ref in such derbys is usually trigger happy due to fan pressure. If he was on a yellow he should have put his hands behind his back.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Good for him. It still took him 6 years, 4 loans and 2 co-ownerships to make it back into Milan. De Sciglio is a starter at 20. Think the difference in quality is obvious.

yeah... the difference in quality of Milan as a team. DS is starting on the weakest Milan team in years, DS would not have beaten out Cafu, Oddo, and Zambrotta

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I like De Sciglio and he has shown a lot of progress, still very inexperienced, and even though he does good going forward, he still has a lot to learn in defense, which is e main job of any fullback (I'm sorry not a fan of the Roberto Carlos school).

And yes Abate is better in defense eventhough he has made mistakes vs Milito (then again, 3 mistakes, like the ones De Sciglio made yesterday, I could call De Sciglio the one that got abused by 36 year old Totti in the flank from now on, wont do it cause that's dumb), and a game vs Lazio...he's still more defensive aware than De Sciglio, because of many things, including experience, which against folks like Totti is mainly needed.

Now, I don't think Allegri made a mistake starting with De Sciglio, hard choice, but he went with the backline that has been getting the results in the last month, I can say, Allegri should've made the sub though, cause it was clear Totti was beating DS each time he got the ball (if I was a neutral, it could have been enjoyable, but it was frustrating).

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
I want to see him play as a CB. He sucks at crossing and he can use speed to his advantage. He doesnt have to run all the way up the pitch only to make a shitty cross

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I want to see him play as a CB. He sucks at crossing and he can use speed to his advantage. He doesnt have to run all the way up the pitch only to make a shitty cross

Are you serious? or just trolling.:eek:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
read his other posts, then you won't be surprised by the stupidity.

Really? Hahahaha this coming from the guy that never lets his mouth loose from allegris dick?

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Are you serious? or just trolling.:eek:

For this upcoming game:fp:. We only have 1 match fit defender, playing abate wouldnt be a bad idea

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
For this upcoming game:fp:. We only have 1 match fit defender, playing abate wouldnt be a bad idea

You do know that his positioning is boarder line terrible, and he gets away with it because of his speed right???.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You do know that his positioning is boarder line terrible, and he gets away with it because of his speed right???.

Alright, with 1 match fit defender, who do you suppose would be at the cb spot? One way or another a players gonna have to play out of position because allegri sure as hell wont play a youth defender.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
read his other posts, then you won't be surprised by the stupidity.

I have!.

The most mind boggling part about it is, the posts/claims are so outlandish that you start to doubt your own mental capacity.

Thats a skill in it self, so kudos to him.:thumbsup:

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Alright, with 1 match fit defender, who do you suppose would be at the cb spot? One way or another a players gonna have to play out of position because allegri sure as hell wont play a youth defender.

I think we should wait and see how the events unfold before we start asking for the "track star" to slot into the Cb position.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have!.

The most mind boggling part about it is, the posts/claims are so outlandish that you start to doubt your own mental capacity.

Thats a skill in it self, so kudos to him.:thumbsup:

Really,like what?

Oh shit i forgot your the kid that doesnt know the definition of value hahaha,for a second i was actually insulted

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so thats why you are still here, your waiting for a cure to your idiocy.

"even an ASS no its master":o

Youre an interesting case. You pull an irrelevant quote up from your ass that in no way relates to anything we were talking about then you pull yet another quote and this time makes no sense whatsoever.

You know, now you can add another thing to your list of "to do's"
1. Knowing how to determine value
2. Thinking of better quotes or better yet, knowing how to use this little website called "google" which allows you to "search" for quotes that intelligent people actually said so you dont look like a dumbass making up your own (one which makes no sense whatsoever).

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Youre an interesting case. You pull an irrelevant quote up from your ass that in no way relates to anything we were talking about then you pull yet another quote and this time makes no sense whatsoever.

You know, now you can add another thing to your list of "to do's"
1. Knowing how to determine value
2. Thinking of better quotes or better yet, knowing how to use this little website called "google" which allows you to "search" for quotes that intelligent people actually said so you dont look like a dumbass making up your own (one which makes no sense whatsoever).

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the differance”

― Mark Twain

Goodnight son!.:devilass:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the differance”

― Mark Twain

Goodnight son!.:devilass:

Funny, you spent two pages and now a total of two and half arguing with me. Wouldnt that make you just as much of a fool as I?

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Funny, you spent two pages and now a total of two and half arguing with me. Wouldnt that make you just as much of a fool as I?

You are absolutely right son, and thats why this is the end of our discourse.

Proverbs 27:22
Though you grind a fool in a mortar,
grinding them like grain with a pestle,
you will not remove their folly from them.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I love when people pull quotes from a storybook in the fiction Isle!!

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
― Dr. Seuss

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score

I love when people pull quotes from a storybook in the fiction Isle!!

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
― Dr. Seuss

cheapmotel.jpg